ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Smashburger (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=243925)

JOhn 04-15-2011 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHENZ A! (Post 7565803)
That is definitely a place that you either LOVE or HATE. Some people hate Arthur Bryant's because it has a distinct flavor.

Bryant's is DA BOMB!!!!

NewChief 04-15-2011 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7564515)
And if you pay an extra $1, you get them with garlic butter. And, being a fat person in a skinny body, I tend to ask for the waitress to bring some out ahead of the burger so I can munch on them before the burger gets there.

I love me some Red Robin, but there's no question that it's pretty overpriced.

As to the Culvers suggestion - that's one of the best chain burgers. Whataburger tops them, as does Braums, but Culver's makes a tasty burger.

Five Guys is good, but not amazing. It's right on par with the rest of the names above but some folks absolutely wet themselves over it - I don't get it.

That's crazy that you list Braum's if it's the same Braum's we have here (sells ice cream and groceries and stuff as well?). It's not very popular around here. I don't mind their food, and I eat their ice cream with the kids regularly (it's cheap). No one around here gives their burgers much love, though. I may have to try them again (my wife and I have actually speculated that Braum's might become trendy again, but they need to update their store image).

CHENZ A! 04-15-2011 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOhn (Post 7566291)
Bryant's is DA BOMB!!!!

To me it's the best BBQ in the world hands down.

blaise 04-15-2011 06:23 AM

Red Robin is good, but it's a bit expensive, plus there's a waitress so you have to add a tip. I like their fries. Culvers is good, especially if you want somewhere you can eat with your kids.
They're opening In n Out in the Dallas area. One is opening just a few miles from my house in Frisco, TX. So, maybe they'll move up to KC someday. I'm going to try it to see if it's as good as people say, or if people from the west coast just hype it up because they know midwesterners can't get it.

Pants 04-15-2011 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 7565817)
I miss the **** out of Winsteads' limeaids... Their burgers hit the spot, when I was grownin up.

Yeah, the limeade is the best thing about Winstead's. Truly a work of art.

Saulbadguy 04-15-2011 08:49 AM

Red Robin is good, but it is ****ing annoying. It's full of bullshit for kids. On Sundays sometimes they have a fat, disgusting sweaty slob dressed as a clown walking around making balloon animals (have seen this in separate RR locations).

Five Guys is good, but people think it is better than it really is, so it's really ****ing crowded, and you have to sit next to morons and pigs. Their burgers are simple but good, and their fries are divine.

I would like a burger restaurant that had some semblance of an atmosphere, decent beer on tap, and the same quality of food as both Five Guys and RR.

Pants 04-15-2011 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chet Steadman (Post 7566656)
Red Robin is good, but it is ****ing annoying. It's full of bullshit for kids. On Sundays sometimes they have a fat, disgusting sweaty slob dressed as a clown walking around making balloon animals (have seen this in separate RR locations).

Five Guys is good, but people think it is better than it really is, so it's really ****ing crowded, and you have to sit next to morons and pigs. Their burgers are simple but good, and their fries are divine.

I would like a burger restaurant that had some semblance of an atmosphere, decent beer on tap, and the same quality of food as both Five Guys and RR.

Something like Henry T's?

Saulbadguy 04-15-2011 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7566705)
Something like Henry T's?

Henry T's does not specialize in burgers.

mikeyis4dcats. 04-15-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chet Steadman (Post 7566713)
Henry T's does not specialize in burgers.

I'd have to say that while that is not all they serve, that is what they appear to favor. The menu has about a dozen burger options.

mikeyis4dcats. 04-15-2011 09:17 AM

Quote:

Have you tried the Burger Stand in Lawrence?

blaise 04-15-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

I hate the balloon guy at places. They come up to your table all dressed up, and your kids think "Hey a balloon animal!" Well, I don't want to pay some guy to stand at my table and make balloons, and I don't want to tip him. So, I tell him no, and then it's like I'm telling my kid he's not getting something he thought he was getting a minute ago. Not that my kids get upset when I say no, but I don't want to deal with it when I'm at a meal. Don't sell to my kids.

Pants 04-15-2011 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 7566741)

Where's that at? Is it a new place?

Saulbadguy 04-15-2011 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 7566741)

Don't make it to Lawrence much, no reason to go there really.

MOhillbilly 04-15-2011 09:39 AM

Taylors.

mikeyis4dcats. 04-15-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chet Steadman (Post 7566789)
Don't make it to Lawrence much, no reason to go there really.

It's worth the drive sometime...

http://thecasbahburgerstand.com/Menu.html