ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ANyone else still want to TANK the season for a better draft pick? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264136)

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-23-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8942999)
I understand that fans think tanking the season is the only way for Pioli to see that Cassel sucks. But you guys also need to understand that if the team tanks, that means there is far more wrong with the Chiefs than just Cassel.

I don't know about you guys, but i'd prefer it if guys like Berry, Flowers, DJ, Houston, Hali, Jackson, Charles, Bowe, Baldwin and our young offensive line do well, considering they are the future of this franchise.

If I were those players, I would do my part to win, but perhaps let a guy through the line now and again to...well...do my part to win long-term.

:evil:

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-23-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8943025)
I never root for the Chiefs to lose. If the Chiefs had lost today, there was absolutely no reason to keep Cassel at QB the rest of the season. I guess if you want to call that tanking...I just want what's best for the future of this franchise.

There is STILL absolutely no reason to keep Cassel in the long run.

WV 09-23-2012 05:22 PM

Never root to lose, but I don't care if we do if it results in Cassel being run out of town.

Ming the Merciless 09-23-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8943025)
I never root for the Chiefs to lose. If the Chiefs had lost today, there was absolutely no reason to keep Cassel at QB the rest of the season. I guess if you want to call that tanking...I just want what's best for the future of this franchise.

Rooting for them to lose is tanking......so if you never root for them to lose then thats not tanking..

Simply not being too upset at a loss and accepting the positives that come with losing is not the same thing as actively wishing for them to lose games...especially 2-3 weeks into the season.

Just my 2 cents

Gadzooks 09-23-2012 05:22 PM

You should tank this season for a better draft pick

Black Bob 09-23-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8942999)
I understand that fans think tanking the season is the only way for Pioli to see that Cassel sucks. But you guys also need to understand that if the team tanks, that means there is far more wrong with the Chiefs than just Cassel.

I don't know about you guys, but i'd prefer it if guys like Berry, Flowers, DJ, Houston, Hali, Jackson, Charles, Bowe, Baldwin and our young offensive line do well, considering they are the future of this franchise.

Yep, you can't try and tank the season. What message does that send to the players? I loved winning today.

Ming the Merciless 09-23-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 8943049)
You should tank this season for a better draft pick

LOL if you DIDNT wish that I would have to ignore you. Well played.

whoman69 09-23-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthCarlSatan (Post 8943038)
There is STILL absolutely no reason to keep Cassel in the long run.

That's just it. How mediocre do we have to be to prove he should not be a part of our future?

qabbaan 09-23-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 8942940)
I don't think any fan would want to tank the season. Whats the point in cheering for a team then if you hope they lose? There is no logic behind that concept.

The logic is that we will never win a championship until we unseat Cassel. Therefore, we want whatever will get him out of town the fastest and surest to happen.

Baby Lee 09-23-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 8943048)
Rooting for them to lose is tanking......so if you never root for them to lose then thats not tanking..

Simply not being too upset at a loss and accepting the positives that come with losing is not the same thing as actively wishing for them to lose games...especially 2-3 weeks into the season.

Just my 2 cents

Do AT LEAST realize that if the Chiefs FO would see the light on Cassel it would do as much to end your own agita as it would ours?

If so, perhaps we can move on to realizing that wanting the team to tank is not the same as wanting the rest of the team to suck as much as Cassel.

bricks 09-23-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 8942956)
You have to see the bigger picture. I wanted them to tank last year after they started shitty so we could get a franchise QB. Would have loved to get Luck or RGIII wouldn't you?

Absolutely.

But I knew it wasn't a possibility given what the team actually was and is, mediocre. We weren't set up in a position to get either one of those guys.

Unless, we traded up. Which is something they should of done. But god forbid this team take risks. huh, not a chance. They are pretty conservative. And I expect the same thing to happen again.

*May as well enjoy 8-8 football at the comfort of your own living room. We are what we are, mediocre. Were stuck with a useless, hopeless pussy at QB on a pretty decent team. I have come to the conclusion that all I could do is hope for the best. All I could do is snap my fingers, make a wish and hope that we draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round somewhere and hope for that guy to be one of the better QBs the Chiefs have had in a long long time.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-23-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8943061)
That's just it. How mediocre do we have to be to prove he should not be a part of our future?

The issue is this:

Pioli has anointed him. And in order for us to be rid of him, PIOLI has to fail and fail HARD.

Thus, we fire up the Sherman Tank and roll forth proudly.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-23-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 8943065)
Do AT LEAST realize that if the Chiefs FO would see the light on Cassel it would do as much to end your own agita as it would ours?

If so, perhaps we can move on to realizing that wanting the team to tank is not the same as wanting the rest of the team to suck as much as Cassel.

This.

Quit singing "Stand By Your Man" and see the ****ing light.

brorth 09-23-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 8942391)
Say the words, and join my ignore list:

"we should tank this season for a better draft pick"

Say the words, and join my ignore list:

"we should tank this season for a better draft pick"

bricks 09-23-2012 05:31 PM

Besides, the Chiefs are too talented to go 1-15 or 2-14. No ****ing way are they going to end up with those kinds of records.

Lets be real here, this team is not going to be set up to get a top draft pick and a top prospect like Barkley or Smith. I can't see it happening.

I just don't think were sh*t enough to be in position for a top 5 pick.

Yeah the first couple of games were horrible but they'll pick it up and some more.