ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Soren Petro-Rumor Pioli has signed an extension (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264903)

mcaj22 10-09-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8997114)
Follow up to my last post...

if you keep Pioli... you pretty much have 4 choices (off the top of my head) for head coach

Billick
Cowher
Dungy
Gruden

I can't think of anyone else who has the clout to keep Pioli in check.

at least 2 of those guys would want full control meaning they would never ever work with Pioli as the GM.

Hammock Parties 10-09-2012 07:57 PM

@kentbabb

@JoshVernier Just wait till Pioli actually feels pressure. Everyone will be thrown under the bus to save his skin. That happened last year.

tk13 10-09-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8997114)
Follow up to my last post...

if you keep Pioli... you pretty much have 4 choices (off the top of my head) for head coach

Billick
Cowher
Dungy
Gruden

I can't think of anyone else who has the clout to keep Pioli in check.

You forgot Marty.

Hammock Parties 10-09-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 8997112)
Were are not the fricking Browns!

Our GM learned everything he knows from Browns culture.

Chiefspants 10-09-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8997125)
@kentbabb

@JoshVernier Just wait till Pioli actually feels pressure. Everyone will be thrown under the bus to save his skin. That happened last year.

He's already done that with the fans, Crennel and Cassel will likely be next.

Hoover 10-09-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8997120)
They didn't strike gold. They drafted a QB that they evaluated to be worth a top pick. Pioli chose to trade for a pile of shit who wasn't even good enough to start in college. You want to reward his failure with an extension. JFC true fans are stupid.

The Chiefs can get their QB with a new GM.

We have never been in position to draft a top QB where we were at in the draft.

tredadda 10-09-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 8997098)
You're not going to like hearing this but NFL teams cannot let the emotions of their fans dictate the direction of the franchise. In fact, I would argue that's the worse thing a team could do. I'm all about benching/cutting/booing Cassel and Romeo, but wanting to run Pioli out of town isn't very well thought out. Game plan how it would work. It would look a lot like our offseason after the 2008 season. It was a mess.

So you mean if we fire Pioli we will finish in last place and fail to make the playoffs much less win a playoff game? Maybe by firing him we will become the laughingstock of the NFL. Perhaps the fans will fly a banner if he is fired.

CoMoChief 10-09-2012 08:01 PM

Hell ask Browns fans what they even think of Bill Belichick....

They think he's an overrated piece of garbage that happen to trip over a gold nugget in Tom Brady...which is essentially what happened in New England.

AustinChief 10-09-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 8997126)
You forgot Marty.

Too old. I can't see them going with a 70 year old... which is why Parcells was left off as well.

To be clear... I DO NOT WANT a retread coach... but I don't see any other way things could work if Pioli stays.

DaKCMan AP 10-09-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 8997132)

We've had the assets to trade up, like the Redskins did. Stop making excuses.

qabbaan 10-09-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8996997)
I have zero confidence that pioli is capable of hiring a good coach. He didn't do his homework on the first one, then made a completely lazy hire on the second. I don't want to waste another 4 years on this shit.

No coach seems to be able to work with Pioli for long, except sad sack Romeo.

Brock 10-09-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 8997080)
no need for the Chiefs to start from scratch IMO. We have lots of pieces, just need a QB and Coach. Not small things, but I don't think the organizations philosophy is flawed.

New GM may mean new offensive and defensive schemes that require different types of players. Remember Gun wanting huge ass WR's and then DV wanting smaller quicker guys? If you want to actually build a team in the modern era your team needs a consistent identity and philosophy.

I can't believe you're actually advocating letting this dipshit continue to rail this team. :doh!:

tredadda 10-09-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

The Redskins weren't either last year. So they decided to give up what it took to trade up for one.

CaliforniaChief 10-09-2012 08:04 PM

The sad thing is, from what I've seen of fan reaction, that if Pioli stayed and made Bill Cowher or Marty Schottenheimer the HC or even gave them a role, a large majority of Chiefs fans would flock back and forget about it all.

Even on the Save Our Chiefs status update today, probably 8 out of 10 responses indicated that they want Marty as the GM! If they made him HC, people would come back. It's disheartening, really.

Titty Meat 10-09-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Ryan Tannehill could have been had for a 3rd.

Instead Pioli drafted a 3-4 defensive end.