ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Fair value for Bowe: 5 years, 58m, 20m guaranteed. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270096)

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-20-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9418046)
****ing incredible numbers. Tweet that shit to D Bowe and mail him some kleenex and jergens.

lol this.
Posted via Mobile Device

crazycoffey 02-20-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9408061)
Can I just have mod powers to ban these obvious trolls? If I ban a legit poster take them away.

JFC

Why **** with the tradition of allowing annoying little shits post whatever they want?

crazycoffey 02-20-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9417968)
Seriously, you guys are ****ing creepy

It's pretty tiring, IMO too. But at least it's a healthier obsession than their real life pursuit of the neighbor's cat....

Rausch 02-20-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9418102)
Maybe im wrong but Bowe cant sign until a week before FA starts right?

Right. But I think they can franchise him the 4th...

htismaqe 02-20-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9418803)
Right. But I think they can franchise him the 4th...

I think they can franchise him anytime between now and the 4th. If they franchise him after that, they can't sign him to a long-term contract after that.

Nightfyre 02-20-2013 11:53 AM

I thought there was a window for negotiations before the season.

-King- 02-20-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9418102)
Maybe im wrong but Bowe cant sign until a week before FA starts right?

He can sign now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch 02-20-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9418952)

I thought the home team gets like 7 days before the other teams can negotiate with the player...

htismaqe 02-20-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9418952)

There is, it's in like August.

Ace Gunner 02-20-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9408061)
Can I just have mod powers to ban these obvious trolls? If I ban a legit poster take them away.

JFC

can you go be a sniveling god somewhere else. thx

DJ's left nut 02-20-2013 12:04 PM

I wonder if both Albert and Bowe would want to avoid the franchise tag badly enough to end up with a 'race to the courthouse' scenario.

"Gentlemen, one of you's getting singed to a long-term deal with a massive signing bonus, the other is getting the tag. Here's a pen and here are your contracts which are FMV contracts based on last year's market. The salary cap has not changed, so last year's market remains a valid point of comparison. Whichever one of you gets me a signed contract first will get your long-term deal."

It's kinda the ol' prisoner's dilemma. You don't have them in the same room together because then they could band together and both choose not to sign and leave you in a bit of a lurch. Make the presentations to their respective agents and send them on their way.

Yeah, Bowe has some leverage here, but the Chiefs have some as well if they use it correctly.

Rausch 02-20-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9418981)
I wonder if both Albert and Bowe would want to avoid the franchise tag badly enough to end up with a 'race to the courthouse' scenario.

"Gentlemen, one of you's getting singed to a long-term deal with a massive signing bonus, the other is getting the tag. Here's a pen and here are your contracts which are FMV contracts based on last year's market. The salary cap has not changed, so last year's market remains a valid point of comparison. Whichever one of you gets me a signed contract first will get your long-term deal."

It's kinda the ol' prisoner's dilemma. You don't have them in the same room together because then they could band together and both choose not to sign and leave you in a bit of a lurch. Make the presentations to their respective agents and send them on their way.

Yeah, Bowe has some leverage here, but the Chiefs have some as well if they use it correctly.

I'd be much more comfortable giving Bowe a long term deal than Albert. Let's see if Albert can stay healthy during his tagged year before locking him up to big money...

-King- 02-20-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9418985)
I'd be much more comfortable giving Bowe a long term deal than Albert. Let's see if Albert can stay healthy during his tagged year before locking him up to big money...

Bowe had a neck injury that put him on IR. Why is Albert a bigger risk than him?
Posted via Mobile Device

Nightfyre 02-20-2013 12:15 PM

I thought it was a rib injury?

-King- 02-20-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9419002)
I thought it was a rib injury?

You're right. Don't know where I got neck from.
Posted via Mobile Device