ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***Official Trade for Nick Foles Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270241)

Direckshun 03-02-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9458054)
I'm not sure I woudl't rather have Tyler Bray anyway, so I'm trying like hell to trade out of that spot with whoever wants it.

Yeah, we talked about that in another thread.

The Chiefs simply must offer somebody a bargain for the #1 overall, because the Chiefs don't want it, the talent doesn't really fall off anywhere in the Top 10 picks, and anybody the Chiefs want at 1 is probably going to available in some way at 4 or 7 or 8.

The Chiefs need to find somebody high on Geno, and offer them the #1 pick for the other team's 2nd rounder this year and next year.

That'll give us back everything we lost in Alex Smith, and essentially mean we traded a Smith for a Smith.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-02-2013 06:30 PM

Foles is not getting cut because of Dennis f'n Dixon. That would be dumb. Sounds more like wishfull thinking.

O.city 03-02-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9458067)
Yeah, we talked about that in another thread.

The Chiefs simply must offer somebody a bargain for the #1 overall, because the Chiefs don't want it, the talent doesn't really fall off anywhere in the Top 10 picks, and anybody the Chiefs want at 1 is probably going to available in some way at 4 or 7 or 8.

The Chiefs need to find somebody high on Geno, and offer them the #1 pick for the other team's 2nd rounder this year and next year.

That'll give us back everything we lost in Alex Smith, and essentially mean we traded a Smith for a Smith.

I'd try like hell to sell it to Arizona or Buffalo, for this years second, next years first and another pick.

Direckshun 03-02-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9458069)
Foles is not getting cut because of Dennis f'n Dixon. That would be dumb. Sounds more like wishfull thinking.

Look at the connections.

Dixon knows the offense better than Foles, is more the style Kelly prefers, and was coached by Kelly himself.

You think they brought Dixon in as a 3rd stringer?

Foles is as good as gone. And right now the interest is higher on the QB market for Cassel than it is for Foles.

People don't think Foles is a starter, so they're not going to flip picks for him.

Direckshun 03-02-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9458075)
I'd try like hell to sell it to Arizona or Buffalo, for this years second, next years first and another pick.

That sound you just heard is a dial tone.

They're not forfeiting a future 1st for Geno Smith. They will however return your calls if you're offering a ****ing fantastic deal that will hardly ping them.

Getting those picks back, however, would be huge for this team.

Especially if they can get Foles for free.

Mr_Tomahawk 03-02-2013 06:35 PM

Please don't tease me. I'd rather trade for foles rather than him getting cut and going to another team before he meets with us.

O.city 03-02-2013 06:38 PM

Also, we don't even know what the comp is yet. We're hearing it's likely different than what is being reported so well just have to wait and see on that.

I would like to atleast get a 2 back this year.

Direckshun 03-02-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9458086)
Please don't tease me. I'd rather trade for foles rather than him getting cut and going to another team before he meets with us.

If Foles gets cut, we're his first stop.

If he gets cut, he knows he's a backup. And he's going to want Andy Reid.

Direckshun 03-02-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9458102)
Also, we don't even know what the comp is yet. We're hearing it's likely different than what is being reported so well just have to wait and see on that.

I would like to atleast get a 2 back this year.

You can't get a 2. The best you can get is a 3.

We're going to get a 3 for Carr. We may get a 7th for Barry Richardson.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-02-2013 06:51 PM

Why would they cut Foles after the CHiefs requested(rumor) the possibility of trade? Then gave the farm and all breathing air rights to the 9ers for Smith.

crazycoffey 03-02-2013 06:54 PM

Someone should have long ago started "***** Official talk about what QB the chiefs should draft or trade for****" thread

Pasta Little Brioni 03-02-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint (Post 9458153)
Why would they cut Foles after the CHiefs requested(rumor) the possibility of trade? Then gave the farm and all breathing air rights to the 9ers for Smith.

They won't unless MAYBE they get Geno. Folks pining for dealing a 3rd for a guy that ended up getting outright cut because of Dennis Dixon LMAO

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-02-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9458175)
They won't unless MAYBE they get Geno. Folks pining for dealing a 3rd for a guy that ended up getting outright cut because of Dennis Dixon LMAO

Reid would have allowed even deeper penetration for the known quanity of Foles.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-02-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint (Post 9458186)
Reid would have allowed even deeper penetration for the known quanity of Foles.

Que gif of him guarding his sammich at the combine

Direckshun 03-02-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint (Post 9458153)

Apparently, there was an intense market of 3+ teams for Smith.

As for Foles, we were pretty much the market.