ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher:Prodded by Andy Reid, Chiefs QB Alex Smith learning to be more aggressive (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273618)

Mav 06-16-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9755074)
Here, let me help you out.

Harbaugh saw that CK is a much more dynamic playmaker than Smith, and that gives the team a better chance to win, short and long term.

He wants to win.

or what was more than likely, knew what he had Kaep from the moment he met him when him and greg roman went out to personally work him out in Nevada. And Kaep was more when, than if he was going to take over, and Alex Smith was a decent stop gap to give Kaep the time he needed.

That's actually how it happened....He was always married to Kaep, that's why they traded up for him. Alex was a lame duck from the word go..

Coogs 06-17-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9754949)
It's the high ceiling in Kaep and how players are motivated around him. And Kaep only gets better because of his elite athleticism over Smith where Smith had reached his ceiling and Harbs knew it.:thumb:

They are actually pretty close in athleticism...

Kaep:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profil...ick?id=2495186

Smith:

http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=7256

Mav 06-17-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9756633)

Okay, I am a huge Alex Smith guy. Love Alex Smith. Tape don't lie. Their athleticism, is no where close. Kaep in every way shape and form is heads and shoulders above Alex Smith athletically.

Kaep has a bigger arm, Kaep has natural scrambling ability, home run speed, size, quickness, agility, is built more like a truck, where alex is on the skinnier side.

I love Alex, I think fundamentally, hes far better as a pure qb than Kaep is at this point, but, the athleticism thing, no matter how close their times were, in football speed, its no where close.

Kaep hands down.

Sandy Vagina 06-17-2013 09:29 AM

^ Kaep does get a larger amount of separation from rushers when he drops back... but hey, the same can be said about Kaep vs almost all (maybe all) other QBs in that respect. It isn't a knock on those QBs as much as it's just a freakish ability for Kaep.

Mav 06-17-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9756716)
^ Kaep does get a larger amount of separation from rushers when he drops back... but hey, the same can be said about Kaep vs almost all (maybe all) other QBs in that respect. It isn't a knock on those QBs as much as it's just a freakish ability for Kaep.

exactly. I am pro alex from the word go. The only two qbs that I think that can even come close to having athleticism comparable to Kaep, are Newton, and Vick, but neither one of them use it like Kaep does. Cam is close, but I have yet to see Cam role to his left and put the velocity, and accuracy on balls that Kaep does, or use his athleticism to extend plays like Kaep. Rodgers is the closest I can think of, but hes not any more athletic than Alex Smith measurable wise, but tape wise, miles ahead.

Coogs 06-17-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9756707)
Okay, I am a huge Alex Smith guy. Love Alex Smith. Tape don't lie. Their athleticism, is no where close. Kaep in every way shape and form is heads and shoulders above Alex Smith athletically.

Kaep has a bigger arm, Kaep has natural scrambling ability, home run speed, size, quickness, agility, is built more like a truck, where alex is on the skinnier side.

I love Alex, I think fundamentally, hes far better as a pure qb than Kaep is at this point, but, the athleticism thing, no matter how close their times were, in football speed, its no where close.

Kaep hands down.

I'll buy that.

I'm just down on the line of thinking around here that we bought something that can't be pretty special here.

I've started using the Houston Texans model of the West Coast offense as to what we could be. When you look at it, we match up damn close all over the board. And FWIW, if I could have Schaub or Smith to QB that offense, I would go with Smith in a heartbeat.

mcaj22 06-17-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9756938)
I'll buy that.

I'm just down on the line of thinking around here that we bought something that can't be pretty special here.

I've started using the Houston Texans model of the West Coast offense as to what we could be. When you look at it, we match up damn close all over the board. And FWIW, if I could have Schaub or Smith to QB that offense, I would go with Smith in a heartbeat.

What

are you nuts? I know Matt Schaub is a good seasonal QB and a choker in the playoffs but Alex Smith has NO credentials that make him better than Schaub in the regular season or the playoffs really.

Matt Schaub has thrown for 4000 yards in that offense THREE SEASONS in his career.

Alex Smith has reached 3000 yards once in like 8 years. And you'd take him over the guy that threw over 4000 yards @ 250 per game last year? Are you nuts?

Mav 06-17-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9756963)
What

are you nuts? I know Matt Schaub is a good seasonal QB and a choker in the playoffs but Alex Smith has NO credentials that make him better than Schaub in the regular season or the playoffs really.

Matt Schaub has thrown for 4000 yards in that offense THREE SEASONS in his career.

Alex Smith has reached 3000 yards once in like 8 years. And you'd take him over the guy that threw over 4000 yards @ 250 per game last year? Are you nuts?

That's because, you are simple. Matt Schaub has had the coaching, a qb friendly HC, his entire career in Houston. He has also had Andre Johnson, his entire time in Houston. Where had that been for Alex Smith, EVER, in San Francisco. I say ever, because as I have stated with Bowe being Alex Smiths best receiver he has ever played with up to now, he for sure never had a receiver the caliber of Andre Johnson, nor a head coach that had his back the way that Kubiak has Schaubs. Don't let those little things like details get in your way of your blind reeruned hatred of Alex Smith.

mcaj22 06-17-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9756988)
That's because, you are simple. Matt Schaub has had the coaching, a qb friendly HC, his entire career in Houston. He has also had Andre Johnson, his entire time in Houston. Where had that been for Alex Smith, EVER, in San Francisco. I say ever, because as I have stated with Bowe being Alex Smiths best receiver he has ever played with up to now, he for sure never had a receiver the caliber of Andre Johnson, nor a head coach that had his back the way that Kubiak has Schaubs. Don't let those little things like details get in your way of your blind reeruned hatred of Alex Smith.

You homers act like Alex Smith has had nothing his whole career in San Fran

hes had worked with some of the best offensive coaching minds, has had a top 10 defense for the last 5 years there and had a year and half of Harbaugh who is better than GARY ****ING KUBIAK

That fact that you think Schaub excelled caused of Gary Kubiak is hilarious.

Here's what Matt Schaub can throw for 4000 yards in a 16 game season: He doesnt have a ****ing broke dick shoulder and can actually throw the ball farther than 10 yards without it losing velocity.

Here's who cant do that: Noodle Arm Alex

which is why, he will never, ever have a lot of passing yards in a 16 game sample

Mav 06-17-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9756938)
I'll buy that.

No matter how many times I have tried to show the parallels between the situation Alex Smith is in now, compared to his first year with Jim Harbaugh, down to the very minute details of how eerily similar they are, the people who are gloom and doom, and feel they have seen this story before, are just going to be that way, until wins follow. The excuses have already started even if for some strange reason things do go well. "Matt Cassel had one good season too!", here is another of my favorites, "If the Chiefs do well, its because the defense and run game drug him along.", and that one is just hilarious to me. Who cares HOW you get there, as long as you get there. Even for me last year, with Alex Smith as the starter in SF, I knew that the defense and running game was going to carry the team and anything Alex Smith did to help get them there, was a bonus. Because that is what the team was built around. The running game, and defense. No different than the Chiefs at the moment honestly. So, don't even worry about it. People want the 5000 yard passer, but fail to realize that the two qbs who were in the super bowl last year, neither one, or either team as it were, had 4000 passing yards, nor either broke 30 passing tds. So I just let it run off my back....

BigMeatballDave 06-17-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9756992)

hes had worked with some of the best offensive coaching minds, has had a top 10 defense for the last 5 years there and had a year and half of Harbaugh who is better than GARY ****ING KUBIAK

Here's what Matt Schaub can throw for 4000 yards in a 16 game season: He doesnt have a ****ing broke dick shoulder and can actually throw the ball farther than 10 yards without it losing velocity.

which is why, he will never, ever have a lot of passing yards in a 16 game sample

LOL Homers. What shall we call you? Oh, right. Bleeding vagina.

Mav 06-17-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9756992)

ahhhhhh, Yes, because Gary Kubiaks system, you know the same one that is run by Mike Shanahan, and is founded on the bootleg, and misdirection passing plays certainly doesn't help. Oh, and Matt Schaub playing a minimum of 9 games a year in a DOME doesn't help him either. The irony that you actually think that Schaub has a stronger arm than Alex Smith one shows what a lunatic you are, and please, PLEASE, tell me about these stud weapons alex smith has had to work with at receiver over the years,, and please, outside of Mike McCarthy in year one, and Norv Turner in year two, what GREAT OFFENSIVE MINDS has he played under?

This should be great. Let me save you the trouble. The Mike Martz year, was the year that Alex Smith was on the IR, because Mike Nolan got him killed. But please. Do tell.......

It is really tough to lob the ball 40 yards in the air for andre Johnson by the way. REALLY TOUGH....

mcaj22 06-17-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9757011)
LOL Homers. What shall we call you? Oh, right. Bleeding vagina.

Bleeding Vagina because I hate a 30 year old broke dick injury prone noodle arm game manager QB we gave up two draft picks for?

by all means.

Rausch 06-17-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9757016)
Bleeding Vagina because I hate a 30 year old broke dick injury prone noodle arm game manager QB we gave up two draft picks for?

by all means.

This is who we are and what we do.

At this point I don't even know why I let myself get angry about it...

mcaj22 06-17-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9757013)
ahhhhhh, Yes, because Gary Kubiaks system, you know the same one that is run by Mike Shanahan, and is founded on the bootleg, and misdirection passing plays certainly doesn't help. Oh, and Matt Schaub playing a minimum of 9 games a year in a DOME doesn't help him either. The irony that you actually think that Schaub has a stronger arm than Alex Smith one shows what a lunatic you are, and please, PLEASE, tell me about these stud weapons alex smith has had to work with at receiver over the years,, and please, outside of Mike McCarthy in year one, and Norv Turner in year two, what GREAT OFFENSIVE MINDS has he played under?

This should be great. Let me save you the trouble. The Mike Martz year, was the year that Alex Smith was on the IR, because Mike Nolan got him killed. But please. Do tell.......

It is really tough to lob the ball 40 yards in the air for andre Johnson by the way. REALLY TOUGH....

Your argument is, let me get this straight:

That 8 years, it has never been the #1 overall draft picks fault, it was every single circumstance around him. Owners, coaches, players, schemes. Everything. 8 years that a franchise spent on a #1 overall pick to rely on carrying them, and it was NEVER his fault. So that nice inflated #1 draft slot contract he had and everything else. Not him.

So hes not a bust in your eyes? Cause everything around him for his career has held poor Alex back

that's your argument then? The coaches, systems and players around him sucked and he couldnt turn the franchise around being a #1 overall pick playing the most important position in the sport.

That's your defense of him.