ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith is "the best in the league" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274957)

L.A. Chieffan 08-01-2013 09:17 AM

AFC West is ours.

L.A. Chieffan 08-01-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9850245)
Pederson should be fired yesterday.

Dumb. What's he supposed to say? "My starting quarterback sucks"? Get real.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-01-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9850253)
Took a nap. Did we ever decide what Alex Smith is " best in the league" at?

Getting my username changed to "Lil Chiefy" at the end of the regular season, apparently...

Pasta Little Brioni 08-01-2013 09:24 AM

I want an elite pocket QB. **** the gimmicks.

BigCatDaddy 08-01-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9850328)
Dumb. What's he supposed to say? "My starting quarterback sucks"? Get real.

Obviously to anyone with a brain the "fired" comment was in jest, but you can't go out and say the 20th best QB in the league in the best when even the 20th best QB in the league knows better. You just look like a moran and lose credibility. You just say "He looks like everything we hoped for and I think he'll have a great season".

DaneMcCloud 08-01-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Over reaction much?

BigCatDaddy 08-01-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9850446)
<B>Obviously to anyone with a brain the "fired" comment was in jest</B>, but you can't go out and say the 20th best QB in the league in the best when even the 20th best QB in the league knows better. You just look like a moran and lose credibility. You just say "He looks like everything we hoped for and I think he'll have a great season".

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9850467)
Over reaction much?

No.

Mav 08-01-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Obviously to anyone with a brain the "fired" comment was in jest, but you can't go out and say the 20th best QB in the league in the best when even the 20th best QB in the league knows better. You just look like a moran and lose credibility. You just say "He looks like everything we hoped for and I think he'll have a great season".

exactly. This. All of this. There is no way, a guy who played behind brett favre, and with Donovan McNabb, and goes, ALEX SMITH IS THE BEST QB IN THE LEAGUE. No way.....

Sorter 08-01-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan (Post 9849152)
Do you think defending a great pistol offense / read-option offense is any different than defending a great traditional QB?

Great traditional QBs do not show the exact coverage every play and yet defenses have not stopped those QBs offenses.

The NFL along with owners and coaches has spent years devising ways to protecting QBs on the field. QBs cost teams more money each year - The biggest problem for running QBs is they are a target - And one day they are not going to walk off the field.

It is only a matter of time before defensive coaches defeat the pistol offense / read-option schemes in the NFL. I believe it will be sooner than later. Most likely this year soon.

Just my opinion.

I probably won't go too indepth since frankly, we've already beaten this horse to death but the pistol is just a formation. An alignment offensively. To say coaches are going to defeat it is like saying " Coaches will figure out that bunch formation everyone and their mother uses on 3-6 or shorter".

It's an alignment and like all alignment, there are strengths and weaknesses. Additionally, there are endless amounts of variation with the formation and personnel which when coupled with the endless amount of route concepts/run philos, make for a nightmare.

AdumbGuy 08-01-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9850550)
exactly. This. All of this. There is no way, a guy who played behind brett favre, and with Donovan McNabb, and goes, ALEX SMITH IS THE BEST QB IN THE LEAGUE. No way.....

Irrational reason #8 that I hate Alex Smith - As much as you're on here trying to say no way is Alex Smith the best, you're almost certainly jizzing yourself in private that pederson said this.

BigMeatballDave 08-01-2013 02:39 PM

:rolleyes:
Quote:

splatbass 08-01-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

You just look like a moran and lose credibility.

You know what else makes you look like a moron? Spelling it "moran". :hmmm:

BigCatDaddy 08-01-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

<b>Obviously to anyone with a brain the "fired" comment was in jest</b>, but you can't go out and say the 20th best QB in the league in the best when even the 20th best QB in the league knows better. You just look like a moran and lose credibility. You just say "He looks like everything we hoped for and I think he'll have a great season".

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9851356)
:rolleyes:

Come on people :facepalm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9851360)

nOOb

Mav 08-01-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdumbGuy (Post 9851184)
Irrational reason #8 that I hate Alex Smith - As much as you're on here trying to say no way is Alex Smith the best, you're almost certainly jizzing yourself in private that pederson said this.

at least you are living up to your name......

Ive never said anything like that, nor ever felt that way about Alex Smith.....

Heres a nice big bottle of **** yourself. Slow down, take your time drinking it, I want it to last a while.

I live in Wisconsin. Im married to a packer fan.....I know who the best qb in football is, and its not even close.

Kaepernick 08-01-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9851360)

You don't know that inside joke? Maybe you don't know about crubs, fents & brushes either.

http://jimcraven10.files.wordpress.c...06/morans3.png