ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Car Care and Detailing Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291131)

vailpass 04-11-2015 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11426509)
Welp, she's in my garage. Dirty as **** and I might need some driving lessons with that Hurst Shifter and just a bit more power compared to my Celica. ROFL

http://i.imgur.com/uAjUyhs.jpg?1

Bondurant.

Bearcat 04-11-2015 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11430615)
Hey you took delivery of the blue BMW? Wheres the damn pics!

Probably the best picture for the true color... some pics make it look lighter.

lewdog 04-11-2015 07:34 PM

My FIL is telling me to get an oil extractor and oil filter wrench and just chance the oil myself without having to get under the car. That's how he's done it instead of taking the car for someone to do it. He doesn't trust anyone with it. LOL

Anyone else do this? I don't mind taking the time if it works. If it's easier than scheduling an oil change appointment, since we both work full-time, I'm all for it.

BigRedChief 04-11-2015 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 11431037)

I love that blue on the BMW. Nice ride!:clap:

Buehler445 04-11-2015 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11431203)
My FIL is telling me to get an oil extractor and oil filter wrench and just chance the oil myself without having to get under the car. That's how he's done it instead of taking the car for someone to do it. He doesn't trust anyone with it. LOL

Anyone else do this? I don't mind taking the time if it works. If it's easier than scheduling an oil change appointment, since we both work full-time, I'm all for it.

I always jack the bastard up and do it from the bottom. So I can't speak to the oil extractor. Besides that 2 of the 3 vehicles we have can't get to the filter from the top. At all.

I do mine. And have done every quart since I bought my first car at 14. It's not bad.

Bearcat 04-11-2015 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11431292)
I love that blue on the BMW. Nice ride!:clap:

Everything about it is awesome.

I guess since we're in a car care thread, I'll mention the dealer showed me a picture of some brake dust covered wheels as a warning to clean them fairly often.... hadn't ever given it a thought, but I guess it's an issue with softer brake pads. I never put much of an effort at all in cleaning the wheels of the Chevy, but after just a few weeks, they were fairly dusty.

Buehler445 04-11-2015 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 11431505)

I guess since we're in a car care thread, I'll mention the dealer showed me a picture of some brake dust covered wheels as a warning to clean them fairly often.... hadn't ever given it a thought, but I guess it's an issue with softer brake pads. I never put much of an effort at all in cleaning the wheels of the Chevy, but after just a few weeks, they were fairly dusty.

It's really bad for you maniac assed city drivers.

TrebMaxx 04-11-2015 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 11431505)

This is the truth. BMW pads are high performance and will shed dust like crazy. As soon as mine are ready for replacement I will be switching from the OEM BMW pads.

lewdog 04-12-2015 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 11431037)

Wait, is that yours? That's my favorite paint color ever put on a vehicle. Love it.

Bearcat 04-12-2015 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrebMaxx (Post 11431804)
This is the truth. BMW pads are high performance and will shed dust like crazy. As soon as mine are ready for replacement I will be switching from the OEM BMW pads.

I've read they have to be replaced every 30k miles? If that's the case, I might eventually get an extended warranty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11432011)
Wait, is that yours? That's my favorite paint color ever put on a vehicle. Love it.

Yep. :)

jerryforeverrice80 04-12-2015 08:56 AM

just go buy some dust covers for the back of the wheels you can install them yourself or take it to a shop and pay a half hour labor charge.

lewdog 04-13-2015 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerryforeverrice80 (Post 11432054)
just go buy some dust covers for the back of the wheels you can install them yourself or take it to a shop and pay a half hour labor charge.

Not sure if serious but those look hideous on the ones I've seen.

Buehler445 04-13-2015 01:56 PM

OK, this is as good of a place as any.

I bought a pickup this winter that has a leather interior for the first time. Of course in my profession it is dirty. Any care tips for leather interior?

lewdog 04-13-2015 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11434344)

I bought a pickup this winter that has a leather interior for the first time. Of course in my profession it is dirty. Any care tips for leather interior?

Perfect spot for this. I've also never owned a car with leather so this is a first for me as well.

MIAdragon 04-13-2015 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11434344)

need more specifics and pics.