ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life So, I just found out I'm going to be a dad... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315704)

Buehler445 02-01-2019 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 14085153)
Just become a Dad last September. I have all kinds of thoughts on this, but the one thing I can't stress enough:

On the day of birth, be prepared for ANYTHING. If you've taken classes or read books, it's almost certain that none of what you have prepared for will actually happen. Just take it all in stride and BE STRONG for your wife/SO. Do absolutely whatever you need to make sure she is as relaxed/comfortable as possible.

And once little guy has arrived, just know that you will experience what true, unconditional love is for the first time in your life. It's a high like no other.

Yeah, what they don't tell you in the classes or books is precisely how much of a hormone dump the mom is. They can go from 0 to nuclear meltdown in a single word. Don't take it personally, don't let it get to you, just keep calm and tell her everything is going to be fine, she's a bad ass and she's doing great.

Women really are badasses. Sure we are bigger, stronger, faster, but we aren't getting that done.

BIG_DADDY 02-01-2019 02:39 PM

What's killing me is the price of the private schools we are looking at. Holy shit. There is no way he is staying in the public system any longer though.

MahiMike 02-01-2019 03:06 PM

You did it the right way. Enjoy your 20's then have kids once you grow up. Congrats.

Easy 6 02-01-2019 03:22 PM

Congrats bro, you'll love it

It goes fast, soak it up... wish I could go back and do it all over again

FAX 02-01-2019 03:24 PM

Congratulations, Mr. Strongside. Many wonderful experiences are in store for you.

If you ever need advice on how to raise a child, just let me know.

In the meantime, I suggest you discourage your offspring to take up either the trombone or the drums. You might wish to make a note of that.

FAX

RollChiefsRoll 02-01-2019 04:11 PM

30 years old here. Wife's now 10 weeks pregnant. This has been an awesome thread to read.

Good luck with everything, Strongside--I'm right behind you!

stevieray 02-01-2019 08:47 PM

You're gonna cry.

That coo,l happy kind of cry.

Then you're going to feel a love like you'v never felt before.

You'll be fine.

Hopefully the wife won't blame you too much during labor...LMAO

Donger 02-01-2019 09:04 PM

Goodbye blowjobs.

Shaid 02-01-2019 11:17 PM

Congrats! It can be tough sometimes but it's absolutely worth it.

Chiefshrink 02-01-2019 11:37 PM

Always be shepherding their heart in all family and social situations.

Too many parents neglect this and stand back and think it is cute when they are little and throw the attitude without consequences. Trust me it won't be cute when they are in their teens running your household.

Performance vs Other focused(Passion for others) Too many parents want their kid to be doing calculus, playing Mozart, throwing like PM2:D by the time they are 5 rather than being able to relate and love others putting them first.

Their intellectual and physical gifts will be their regardless BUT how you shepherd your child's heart will determine if those gifts are a blessing or a burden. So therefore always be working on their heart if you want to see a truly happy successful child.

There is no better compliment to you as a parent when other adults/parents/teachers come up to you and say how thoughtful, courteous, hardworking and well behaved your kids are in all social situations.

You do the hard work when they are little and reap the blessings later on.:thumb:

Easy 6 02-01-2019 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 14085966)
Goodbye blowjobs.

Not always true, must you resort to trolling the Lounge now?

Don't listen to him, Strongside...

GloryDayz 02-02-2019 12:15 AM

This is awesome. Enjoy every minute of fatherhood, it's the best thing ever.

Rasputin 02-02-2019 08:16 AM

Boys are easy to raise, girls not so much but they are the gleam in your eye. The Gleam.

Start preparing for the "teen-age" years although nothing will prepare you. Be open to their ideas set boundaries be fair and balanced.

Strongside 02-04-2019 05:02 PM

Got really busy with work and wasn't able to read the last three pages or so until now.

I think I've teared up 5-6 times reading through this.

We talk a lot of shit on here, but this place is full of excellent people.

Thanks everyone!

kc rush 02-04-2019 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 14090809)
Got really busy with work and wasn't able to read the last three pages or so until now.

I think I've teared up 5-6 times reading through this.

We talk a lot of shit on here, but this place is full of excellent people.

Thanks everyone!

Enjoy this. It isn't always easy, but it is always worth it. My kids are the best part of my life.