ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs having internal meetings about changes to defensive coaching staff (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320766)

O.city 01-21-2019 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14061995)
I get you guys want a corner, but this team desperately needs an ILB. I would be willing to trade one of our 2nd’s for one.

Hitchens wasn’t bad last night. He was okay.

Aside from the INT, Ragland was terrible. God that guy is so slow. Last drive of the game Cordarelle Patterson gets a swing pass about 4 yards behind the LOS and Ragland is right there in perfect position and whiffed like a mother****er.

We need speed at that position so badly

They’re gonna have to develop their own guy at one of those spots.

If the jags are tired of Ramsey and would take a peters type deal, do that

gold_and_red 01-21-2019 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jallmon (Post 14062009)
IIRC, we did this last year. Decided the problem was not scheme and coaching, but was due to injuries and lack of talented personnel; therefore, Sutton was retained. (Sorry for no link.)

Don't think this year's review will be so kind to him. People who can't even point to where KC is on a US map know full well that we have a great offense and an ass defense. Something has to change, this is just too big to ignore again.

People know where KC is on a US map - somewhere in Kansas :)

HemiEd 01-21-2019 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14061898)
This is going to sound contrary to what everyone else believes but I think dropping our LB into the lanes they were throwing the slants would have worked, we weren't getting to Brady anyway. Run man to man on the outside and have the LB drop into zone and rush the front 3.

I think it would have made a huge difference and was thinking that very thing during the game.

displacedinMN 01-21-2019 06:30 PM

I am all for releasing Berry.

O.city 01-21-2019 06:30 PM

They also need some value from under the radar type signings. Look at van noy and such

I think Veach has the right idea of trading late round picks for other teams guys that may not fit in their system

chiefzilla1501 01-21-2019 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14061898)
This is going to sound contrary to what everyone else believes but I think dropping our LB into the lanes they were throwing the slants would have worked, we weren't getting to Brady anyway. Run man to man on the outside and have the LB drop into zone and rush the front 3.

I totally agree that our problem is inside not outside. Our run D is a huge problem. Seems we're against the trend in adding speed on the inside. Maybe that was the goal with odaniel. Most defenses are moving 4-3 or multifront to add speed to address spread offenses. Most 3-4s seem to have an undersized speed guy.

Once we're there we need our defense playing downhill again.

chiefzilla1501 01-21-2019 06:50 PM

Might be looking way to into this... But I still wonder if the moves we made last offseason signaled a desire to change our scheme and if Sutton was asked to stay one year to ease the transition. Feel like we have a pretty good core to run multi front which is on trend.

SAUTO 01-21-2019 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14062065)
Might be looking way to into this... But I still wonder if the moves we made last offseason signaled a desire to change our scheme and if Sutton was asked to stay one year to ease the transition. Feel like we have a pretty good core to run multi front which is on trend.

Then there's no "discussion " to have at this point, right?

Gravedigger 01-21-2019 06:56 PM

It's been 6 years, he's been given his chance. Entire coaching staffs don't get that amount of time usually. It's not a difficult thing to discuss, the strength of the team was the offense this year, and the weakness was the defense. Where as the offense was great for pretty much every game, not scoring below 26 and coming back to win so many games, the defense was good for maybe a quarter of the season, but they could never replicate it in a string of games that mattered.

If Andy keeps Bob Sutton for another year, and this happens next year where we waste the last cheap year of Patrick Mahomes, then we need to start having serious discussions about allowing Andy to run this team anymore.

It's time.

chiefzilla1501 01-21-2019 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14062067)
Then there's no "discussion " to have at this point, right?

Sure feels like the loss and especially the Romo thing is a way to explain discussions they were planning to have no matter what. Especially with the moves Reid made late in the season. Feel really good that Sutton is out.

KChiefs1 01-21-2019 06:59 PM

Is Tony Romo available because he knew what the Patriots were doing on every play?

jallmon 01-21-2019 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold_and_red (Post 14062017)
People know where KC is on a US map - somewhere in Kansas :)

Living in Pittsburgh for many years (in several different stints), I get asked a lot about why I'm a Chiefs fan (when by all rights I could be a legit Steelers fan like the rest of the world), I say, "My wife and I grew up in Kansas." The usual response is, "Oh, ok, makes sense."

SAUTO 01-21-2019 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14062078)
Sure feels like the loss and especially the Romo thing is a way to explain discussions they were planning to have no matter what. Especially with the moves Reid made late in the season. Feel really good that Sutton is out.

But you just said you think they asked him to stay one more year last year.

What's there to discuss right now in that scenario?

BossChief 01-21-2019 07:11 PM

Either bring in Rex Ryan or grab an up and coming position coach from a top NFL defense like the Ravens, Seahawks or Cowboys.

penguinz 01-21-2019 07:13 PM

They should offer Belicheck 3x his current salay to come be the Chiefs DC. ��