ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Antonio Brown to the Raiders (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321722)

TribalElder 03-10-2019 09:06 AM

Going to the raiders tells me it was only about the money

AB might not make the playoffs again

NWTF 03-10-2019 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14143866)
Yea the trade by itself is great trade.

It just feels like Gruden lacks direction when he trades two young studs for picks because he doesn’t want to pay them then adds a 31 year old diva WR that’s losing his ****ing mind.

Agree on Mack, but Copper isnt in Browns league.

MahiMike 03-10-2019 09:11 AM

They so deserve each other.

staylor26 03-10-2019 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWTF (Post 14143872)
Agree on Mack, but Copper isnt in Browns league.

I didn’t say he was, but he’s much younger and looked like one of the best WR’s in the league once he got to Dallas.

He’s also not losing his ****ing mind.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-10-2019 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14143833)
I realize this is the Raiders.

I realize the Raiders are dysfunctional.

But this is a home run trade for them. If any team but Oakland made this deal, we'd all be saying it's clear highway robbery.

We're still light years better than they are, but this obviously narrows the gap that could close further if they hit on their draft with all of those picks (a big "if," granted).

I respectfully disagree.

I say this because a buddy of mine, huge Green Bay fan, wanted them to trade for Brown pretty badly. But I told him from the start, I don’t think that’s what you want or need on your team right now.

For one, you’ve got a guy who seemingly would rather catch 100 passes than to win his division. If he isn’t getting his yards and TDs, shit hits the fan. On top of that, he wanted more money at 31 years old, so basically Oakland has given him a raise when he is almost certainly on the downhill decline. PFF actually had 2018 as his worst rated season so far, FWIW.

Did they give up a low amount of pick compensation? Absolutely. But by the time you consider the contract and the headache that he could be, I still think it winds up being a net negative for Oakland when we look back in a few years.

lawrenceRaider 03-10-2019 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14143678)
Cooper went from Carr to Prescott and blew up that should tell you how bad Carr is

He really didn't. He had a huge game against the Eagles when they had street free agents for CBs, and then vanished for a couple games against better secondary talent.

That was his MO in Oakland. Huge game followed by zilch.

He'll be dropping balls for the Cows on crucial 3rd downs and be making huge $$$$$'s. Raiders won both these trades.

lawrenceRaider 03-10-2019 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14143878)
I respectfully disagree.

I say this because a buddy of mine, huge Green Bay fan, wanted them to trade for Brown pretty badly. But I told him from the start, I don’t think that’s what you want or need on your team right now.

For one, you’ve got a guy who seemingly would rather catch 100 passes than to win his division. If he isn’t getting his yards and TDs, shit hits the fan. On top of that, he wanted more money at 31 years old, so basically Oakland has given him a raise when he is almost certainly on the downhill decline. PFF actually had 2018 as his worst rated season so far, FWIW.

Did they give up a low amount of pick compensation? Absolutely. But by the time you consider the contract and the headache that he could be, I still think it winds up being a net negative for Oakland when we look back in a few years.

You are often wrong about the Raiders due to your huge blind spot with them, so I guess we'll see.

raidersnumber1 03-10-2019 09:20 AM

Still have picks 4, 24, 27, 35

Sign Leveon Bell and draft Kyler Murray @ 4

Draft pass rush and defense with rest.

Mayock/Gruden, I see ya'll.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-10-2019 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 14143885)
You are often wrong about the Raiders due to your huge blind spot with them, so I guess we'll see.

Care to cite a time when that’s been the case? :hmmm:

raidersnumber1 03-10-2019 09:23 AM

Will Brinson

Verified account

@WillBrinson
Jon Gruden essentially traded:

Amari Cooper + 3rd round pick + 7th round pick

for

Antonio Brown + 1st round pick

That’s good work.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-10-2019 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raidersnumber1 (Post 14143889)
Still have picks 4, 24, 27, 35

Sign Leveon Bell and draft Kyler Murray @ 4

Draft pass rush and defense with rest.

Mayock/Gruden, I see ya'll.

IF the Cardinals don’t end up taking Murray, you can bet that they will make Oakland trade up to ensure that they do get him. So I wouldn’t expect to keep all of those picks in said scenario.

FloridaMan88 03-10-2019 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14143777)
AB is trouble but let’s not act like Big Ben isn’t a gigantic piece of shit who calls everyone the **** out and takes zero responsibility for anything.

I’m thrilled to see Pittsburgh burn!

Rapelithsberger is a piece of shit, but AB is going to find out that he still gives his team a better chance to win than Derek Carr.

The over/under is the end of September for when AB begins to criticize/call out Carr.

Chief Roundup 03-10-2019 09:41 AM

This has the potential to work out similar to the Martavis Bryant signing for the Raiders.

RealSNR 03-10-2019 09:47 AM

Raiders have no defense. Chiefs have no defense.

Chiefs have Mahomes.

Chiefs will beat their asses each and every time no matter who they ****ing acquire.

lawrenceRaider 03-10-2019 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14143915)
Raiders have no defense. Chiefs have no defense.

Chiefs have Mahomes.

Chiefs will beat their asses each and every time no matter who they ****ing acquire.

Pretty much this, unless the Raiders actually manage to nail the draft and come out with 4 stars with our first four picks.