ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

notorious 10-31-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 8063144)
Not totally true, but then again, they dont have an abundance of male and female's living to be picky. lol

They got very very very limited choices for getting some action.

I'm in.

notorious 10-31-2011 02:45 PM

Yes Please.

http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-pho...als-1A4Orw.jpg

http://www.laurencohan.com/images/ph...lexander_2.jpg

http://snarkerati.com/tv-news/files/...lking-dead.jpg

kcxiv 10-31-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8063151)
I'm in.

lol, hell yeah, she's ****ing hot.

keg in kc 11-01-2011 06:11 AM

Now that was a fantastic episode.

And holy shit, I completely missed she was Bela Talbot on Supernatural and Vivian Volkoff on Chuck.

She's insanely hot when she's speaking her not-native language (i.e. brit accent!) on not in post-apocalyptic hand-me-downs.

Nzoner 11-01-2011 09:13 PM

Just finished watching this last episode and my only criticism is that I realize the entire episode was during the night but imo it was filmed too damn dark.

Deberg_1990 11-02-2011 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8072409)
Just finished watching this last episode and my only criticism is that I realize the entire episode was during the night but imo it was filmed too damn dark.

heh, i kind of thought the same thing. Maybe turn up the brightness on your tv to compensate? : )

Can anyone tell me why the farmhouse has electricity and running water?

NewChief 11-02-2011 07:07 AM

Watched S2:E2 last night. It was okay, but I'm excited for episode 3. As others have pointed out, it's hard for this show to have a character driven episode, as the characters aren't real engaging. I kind of know what's looming on the horizon with the farm, so that's making it a little more enjoyable.

bevischief 11-02-2011 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8072910)
heh, i kind of thought the same thing. Maybe turn up the brightness on your tv to compensate? : )

My thought as well. The water part could because of they have a well and the gas could be from propane tank on the property they are in the country.

blaise 11-02-2011 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8072910)

I don't know. I thought maybe they mentioned it during one of the spots I fast forwarded.

NewChief 11-02-2011 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8072924)
I don't know. I thought maybe they mentioned it during one of the spots I fast forwarded.

Best thing about watching shows like this on my laptop: multitasking and fast forwarding. Of course, I have to restrain myself from doing it (out of pure habit) when watching shows like Breaking Bad.

blaise 11-02-2011 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8072938)
Best thing about watching shows like this on my laptop: multitasking and fast forwarding. Of course, I have to restrain myself from doing it (out of pure habit) when watching shows like Breaking Bad.

Yeah, with Breaking Bad they seldom waste lines or scenes. Shows like the Sopranos I admit I fast forwarded many of the scenes with his analyst. And the Walking Dead, I've fast forwarded quite a few scenes and feel like I didn't miss much.
I can get the gist of Rick and his wife's conversation about giving up after 15 seconds. I don't need 6 minutes of it.

Deberg_1990 11-02-2011 07:50 AM

SO my co-worker just mentioned to me that Glen noticed blood on the front stairs of the famhouse when he walked up. I did not catch that.

Spoiler!

NewChief 11-02-2011 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8072957)
SO my co-worker just mentioned to me that Glen noticed blood on the front stairs of the famhouse when he walked up. I did not catch that.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Chiefnj2 11-02-2011 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8072957)

Spoiler!

I assumed it was blood that was dripping off of Carl.

Otter 11-02-2011 09:48 AM

To nitpick a little more...

Carl's wound is a liver shot, not a stomach wound like the doc said. The stomach is on the other side. Ol' Carl would be pushing up daisies (or deadish) if they got their anatomy correct.

That's a pretty big oversight considering the simplicity of the matter.

http://ukzdl.co.uk/wp-content/upload...-survivors.jpg

notorious 11-02-2011 01:45 PM

If they are running a generator for electricty, that better be a quiet SOB.

FWIW, in the farmhouse I grew up my grandparents huge setup with batteries that charged off a windmill.

Maybe that's how they are doing it.

Bambi 11-02-2011 11:04 PM

Shit got real last episode.

Not bad

Deberg_1990 11-03-2011 07:30 AM

huh, i just learned that the woman who plays Carol (the lost girls mom) was in "The Mist" as well. I guess thats another Darabont connection.

Nzoner 11-03-2011 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8075568)
huh, i just learned that the woman who plays Carol (the lost girls mom) was in "The Mist" as well. I guess thats another Darabont connection.

I knew she looked familiar just couldn't place her.

kaplin42 11-03-2011 08:43 AM

TBH, this show is not nearly what I was hoping it would be. I'm not entranced by the characters, nor do I really give a crap about what happens to any of them except for the fact that I keep hoping they will go back to the graphic novels.

I will keep watching for now because, well, zombies! But I just don't understand why they have to deviate from the novel's so much. If they stuck more to the novels, this show would be amazing. There is so much drama and tension in those novels, all they have to do is get the gist of them onto film, but instead, they are doing whatever the crap they are doing, and it's boring quite frankly. And to be clear, yes I know the farm is in the novels, and all that.

Spoiler!

blaise 11-03-2011 09:06 AM

Sometimes I think they're limited by budget. Scenes with two actors are cheaper than scenes involving 40 zombies that have to be shot and re-shot many times. I could be wrong about that, I don't know.

Deberg_1990 11-03-2011 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8075741)
Sometimes I think they're limited by budget. Scenes with two actors are cheaper than scenes involving 40 zombies

Ding, Ding Ding, we have winner!!! You are 100% correct.

keg in kc 11-03-2011 09:22 AM

And they're (much) more limited by budget now than they were during season 1.

Which I know is completely the opposite of the way you'd think it would be with the success of the show...

kaplin42 11-03-2011 09:42 AM

Sure, I can understand that too. But, in the novels, the zombies are like a backdrop, it's a given that they are a constant danger, so they don't need to be in every scene. Other people are the real danger. Because without laws, and rules, and a strict social driven code of conduct, people turn into monsters themselves, far worse than any zombie could wish to be.

And out of curiosity, how do you guys know the budget is way less. One would think that the highest rated show on the network would actualy get a little bump to the budget.

Frosty 11-03-2011 09:48 AM

I really hope the love triangle thing doesn't develop or go on to long. I want to see zombies, not a soap opera.

Deberg_1990 11-03-2011 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 8075832)
And out of curiosity, how do you guys know the budget is way less. One would think that the highest rated show on the network would actualy get a little bump to the budget.

Good read:

"Sources say last fall, even before the first episode of the show had aired, AMC let it be known that it would effectively slash the show's second-season budget per episode by about $650,000, from $3.4 million to $2.75 million. AMC cut the budget and pocketed a tax credit previusly applied to the show"

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=444

kaplin42 11-03-2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8075850)
Good read:

"Sources say last fall, even before the first episode of the show had aired, AMC let it be known that it would effectively slash the show's second-season budget per episode by about $650,000, from $3.4 million to $2.75 million. AMC cut the budget and pocketed a tax credit previusly applied to the show"

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=444

Thanks Deberg.

And that is F'ing reeruned.

cabletech94 11-03-2011 11:33 AM

aaaa 'merica!!!!

ChiefFripp 11-03-2011 11:46 AM

The whole Zombie thing is going to run its course before World War Z even comes out.

blaise 11-03-2011 11:48 AM

Zombies will never run their course for me.

NewChief 11-03-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefFripp (Post 8076117)
The whole Zombie thing is going to run its course before World War Z even comes out.

Jumped the ship a long time ago in literature. Once you've read a "zombie romance" written for Young Adults... well... y'know.

Twilight:Vampires:Zomance:Zombies

TheSourceX1 11-03-2011 05:34 PM

I remember watching each episode in season 1 on the edge of my seat ... it was great ... now I cringe when it comes on because it like watching a slow death. This show should be on during the mid-day hours when the other soap operas are on.

Deberg_1990 11-03-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSourceX1 (Post 8076874)
I remember watching each episode in season 1 on the edge of my seat ... it was great ... now I cringe when it comes on because it like watching a slow death. This show should be on during the mid-day hours when the other soap operas are on.

heh, its not quite that bad....but im gonna go with season 1> season 2 as of 3 episodes in.

Huffmeister 11-03-2011 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8062802)
As close as you could be. The comic delves into the is it Rick's or Shane's baby too. However there was no CDC. Also there is one major thing that is different from the show.

So the guy at the CDC told Rick that Lori is pregnant?

Buck 11-03-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8077076)
So the guy at the CDC told Rick that Lori is pregnant?

That's the assumption, but there is no proof that that is what's going on.

NewChief 11-03-2011 08:54 PM

Just watched Episode 3 of this season. First of all: much better than the last one. That being said, the critics are right! Too much unnecessary, obvious dialogue that becomes simultaneously didactic and ridiculous. I really felt it when Hugh Hefner tried to return the gun to the middle-aged emo chick.

Huffmeister 11-03-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8077077)
That's the assumption, but there is no proof that that is what's going on.

Except that you've read the comic book, so it's not an assumption. Not that I care, you could see it coming a mile away.

Buck 11-03-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8077106)
Except that you've read the comic book, so it's not an assumption. Not that I care, you could see it coming a mile away.

No, the comic and the show have taken a totally separate path.

If you want I could give you some real comic spoilers.

Huffmeister 11-03-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8077109)
No, the comic and the show have taken a totally separate path.

If you want I could give you some real comic spoilers.

No thanks, I'm hoping to get the collection for Christmas. I really enjoyed The Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks, and am hoping The Walking Dead is similar. And I love the show, so it'll be interesting to see what the differences are.

NewChief 11-03-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8077119)
No thanks, I'm hoping to get the collection for Christmas. I really enjoyed The Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks, and am hoping The Walking Dead is similar. And I love the show, so it'll be interesting to see what the differences are.

I'm assuming you've read World War Z?

Huffmeister 11-03-2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8077122)

Oh yeah, I LOVED World War Z. In fact, I read WWZ first, then went back and read The Zombie Survival Guide. I'm hoping that the movie will do the book justice. The audiobook version was fantastic, with a lot of different big name actors playing various parts: Alan Alda, John Turturro, Carl Reiner, Mark Hammil, Henry Rollins, and more. If you enjoyed the book, the audiobook is definitely worth checking out.

NJChiefsFan 11-04-2011 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8077184)
Oh yeah, I LOVED World War Z. In fact, I read WWZ first, then went back and read The Zombie Survival Guide. I'm hoping that the movie will do the book justice. The audiobook version was fantastic, with a lot of different big name actors playing various parts: Alan Alda, John Turturro, Carl Reiner, Mark Hammil, Henry Rollins, and more. If you enjoyed the book, the audiobook is definitely worth checking out.

I have only heard one audio book on a trip and it drove me up the wall. The reader was horrible. On top of that I would drift out for a second and have to go back and find my spot. I don't even like the EBooks. Prefer reading it. I understand the value of both though, and certainly understand plenty of audio books have quality readers. The book was Deep Storm or something about a strange signal under the earths crust.

bevischief 11-04-2011 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8077122)

Yes it was different and interesting take on zombies.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-04-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 8060025)
This is AMC we're talking about, no titties. Showtime would have shown some titties.

HBO would have had Shane blowing Rick with slurping noises thrown in for good measure.

Brock 11-05-2011 10:55 PM

Well, that guy is turning out to be a real asshole.

KC_Connection 11-05-2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8082162)
Well, that guy is turning out to be a real asshole.

You mean Shane?

It's good, somebody has to be. Everybody else is so damn boring and nice.

chasedude 11-05-2011 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8082169)
You mean Shane?

It's good, somebody has to be. Everybody else is so damn boring and nice.

He's playing right into the villain role with the Sheriff as the hero role. Both being good friends now showing the opposite sides. They'll soon be enemies.

Aries Walker 11-07-2011 12:15 AM

I have to say, normally if you ask a girl, "Was it good?" and she says, "It was a one-time thing," you can take that as an understood, "No, it wasn't good."

But in the post-apocalyptic zombie wasteland . . . who cares?

NJChiefsFan 11-07-2011 12:57 AM

I liked the subtle looks between the daughter and father that more is going on at the farm then is being let on.

Otter 11-07-2011 01:11 AM

I want my hour back.

MoreLemonPledge 11-07-2011 03:38 AM

Meh. I really hope this is building to something. The "big reveal" at the end was incredibly obvious.

blaise 11-07-2011 06:22 AM

I liked the episode. The reveal was obvious, but I liked the episode. I didn't turn the channel and watched like 5 minutes of, "Talking Dead". Ouch.

Bump 11-07-2011 07:10 AM

I wonder why that hillbilly dude doesn't mention his brother anymore, it seemed like the story was set up for him to come back with his hand being found and all.

blaise 11-07-2011 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8088446)
I wonder why that hillbilly dude doesn't mention his brother anymore, it seemed like the story was set up for him to come back with his hand being found and all.

He did say something when he gave the lady the flower. And then I think they showed the brother as part of the Future Episode bit at the end. They showed his face, anyway. I didn't hear what they said.

Otter 11-07-2011 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8088454)
He did say something when he gave the lady the flower. And then I think they showed the brother as part of the Future Episode bit at the end. They showed his face, anyway. I didn't hear what they said.

A reference to Daryl's brother was also mentioned discretely when Rick said something along the lines of 'we have a camp now, you don't need to stick around if you don't want to' and he responded along the lines of 'my plans were ruined'.

He's still popping up ever now and than. I suspect we'll see him again in the future.

NewChief 11-07-2011 08:10 AM

The medicine that he gave to T-Dog (or whatever the black guy's name is) also belonged to Merle. They repeatedly referenced that Merle's case of the clap was the best thing to ever happen to him. He also had a bag of the blue in his drug kit for a sweet cross-AMC series reference.

notorious 11-07-2011 09:06 AM

The guy in the well is one of their family members that broke the rules.

Fantastic episode,BTW.

blaise 11-07-2011 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8088573)

Fantastic episode,BTW.

You know that or you're guessing?

Chiefnj2 11-07-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Fantastic episode,BTW.

You think zombies follow rules?

L.A. Chieffan 11-07-2011 10:58 AM

i never thought id say this, but for a zombie show it could use more zombies

MoreLemonPledge 11-07-2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8088873)
i never thought id say this, but for a zombie show it could use more zombies

It's not really a zombie show so much as a survival show. The antagonists are merely dressing for the interactions between the characters.

That said, moar zombeez plz

Aries Walker 11-07-2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

I think if Maggie knew the floater was in that well, she wouldn't have directed Dale to get water from it, and if she knew who it was, she would have objected when they were obviously about to kill it.

Buck 11-07-2011 04:10 PM

HNNNNNNNNNNG MAGGIE I WANT YOU SO HARD.

Brock 11-07-2011 04:21 PM

Don't shoot the dead guy in the well! He might make the water all gross and stuff. :doh!:

KC_Connection 11-07-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8089907)
Don't shoot the dead guy in the well! He might make the water all gross and stuff. :doh!:

I don't know why Glenn agreed to do something so stupid.

Nzoner 11-07-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 8088279)
I have to say, normally if you ask a girl, "Was it good?" and she says, "It was a one-time thing," you can take that as an understood, "No, it wasn't good."

Didn't you catch that look on his face in the drugstore,he blew as soon as he saw his first pair of real titties :)

blaise 11-07-2011 04:46 PM

Seems like it would be harder to keep your beard at the length Rick does, rather than shave it off or grow it out.

notorious 11-07-2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8088586)
You know that or you're guessing?

Always a guess.

I would never put a spoiler up and ruin a good show for you guys.

seaofred 11-07-2011 06:31 PM

I thought it was a good episode, but really hope the whole farm thing is building up to something big and I hope they find the little girl.

Buck 11-07-2011 06:51 PM

It's been a long time since I read this part of the comics, but doesn't it seem like they are spending a lot more time there than they did in the comics?

Munson 11-07-2011 07:15 PM

I think we need to see more of the farmer's hot daughter. She reminds me of a post-apocalyptic Ashley Judd.

notorious 11-07-2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 8090347)
I think we need to see more of the farmer's hot daughter. She reminds me of a post-apocalyptic Ashley Judd.

Post 722.

Sure-Oz 11-07-2011 08:28 PM

They better find that girl, it's getting old

NewChief 11-07-2011 08:35 PM

Just had a thought:

the very first episode in the beginning had the sherriff dreaming about a zombie girl at a gas station. Any chance it was the girl who ran off? I may have to go back and rewatch that first episode.

Dunit35 11-07-2011 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8090566)
Just had a thought:

the very first episode in the beginning had the sherriff dreaming about a zombie girl at a gas station. Any chance it was the girl who ran off? I may have to go back and rewatch that first episode.

I didn't think that was a dream?

Deberg_1990 11-07-2011 10:15 PM

Quote:

Just had a thought:

I don't think that was a dream, and for whatever reason they have never explained that scene in a flashback or real time. Interesting.....

Lex Luthor 11-08-2011 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 8090539)
They better find that girl, it's getting old

I'm almost ready to quit watching. Season 2 is extremely slow compared to the first season.

Deberg_1990 11-08-2011 07:51 AM

Quote:

Just had a thought:

I watched this scene again last night on netflix. It wasnt a dream and the zombie girl didnt appear to be the lost girl. She looked too young IMO. Rick was also clean shaven in that scene. But as i mentioned before, i dont think that scene has ever been explained to my knowledge?

blaise 11-08-2011 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8091319)
I watched this scene again last night on netflix. It wasnt a dream and the zombie girl didnt appear to be the lost girl. She looked too young IMO. Rick was also clean shaven in that scene. But as i mentioned before, i dont think that scene has ever been explained to my knowledge?

I don't remember either. I thought it was sort of a flash-forward kind of thing. Or it was current day and then they flashed back to him in the hospital.
But maybe NewChief is right.
Sometimes these shows change children actors out, too.
I'd have to watch the episode again.

Chiefnj2 11-08-2011 08:33 AM

Clearly not Sophia:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ncuNcSLdFKY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>