ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' Player Jevon Belcher involved in murder-suicide, shoots self at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267244)

Dave Lane 12-01-2012 11:48 AM

You would have to rally the troops saying "lets win this one for Jovan, for our memory of him as a friend and not what happened"

Lionel 12-01-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9167316)
Typical Goodell. Money over everything. :rolleyes:

****ed up considering the Broncos had 6 days to griever whereas the chiefs won't have one.

gblowfish 12-01-2012 11:48 AM

I saw Jack Harry on TV this AM, he said some reports said both Pioli and Crennel were there when Belcher shot himself.

For sure it will be more hours before all the facts are known. The girlfriend, whether or not she had a child, and whether it was a child with Belcher, that's yet to be confirmed.

This is one of those things that makes the game inconsequential.

I haven't felt this way since Derrek Thomas died.

I feel bad for the girlfriend's family, for Belcher's family and especially for the Chiefs personnel who tried to stop him and had to witness Belcher taking his own life. That memory will be in their heads forever.

This has been a hard year to be a Chiefs fan. Hopefully we'll all come out stronger for enduring a year like this.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-01-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9167317)
But if it was your kid you would want to the reasoning first before you label him/her as a murderer. If you're son wasn't sane at the time would you forgive him? Would go around and call him a murderer?

Sorry man He killed his GF now his kid will be ****ed up the rest of his life.

Jeff Rosen ‏ @ jeff_rosen88 Police say Belcher's mother was visiting, saw Jovan shoot his girlfriend multiple times, then leave

Ian Rapoport ‏ @ RapSheet Player talked with Pioli, Crennel & heard police drive up. He walked away from them. KCPD: "A couple seconds later, they heard the gunshot."

I don't know how anyone can feel sorry for JB.

Mr. Laz 12-01-2012 11:48 AM

I wouldn't be surprised to see the NFL postpone the game to monday and have a double monday night game.

The Bad Guy 12-01-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9167258)
I disagree. If Belcher had instead been arrested and charged with murder, the game would obviously be played.

Maybe Romeo wont be able to work tomorrow, and thats fine, but why should we cancel a game because a murderer decided to off himself?

Did he murder someone in the Arrowhead parking lot?

There's a human element to this that you obviously can't understand.

KCWolfman 12-01-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9167308)
Romeo and company will never be the same again after witnessing this.

That was my thought as well.

In58men 12-01-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9167329)

Jeff Rosen ‏ @ jeff_rosen88 Police say Belcher's mother was visiting, saw Jovan shoot his girlfriend multiple times, then leave

Ian Rapoport ‏ @ RapSheet Player talked with Pioli, Crennel & heard police drive up. He walked away from them. KCPD: "A couple seconds later, they heard the gunshot."

Because he could have had a mental issue. You can't control it unless someone helps you. Nobody could help him because he kept something inside.

The Bad Guy 12-01-2012 11:50 AM

I don't feel sorry for Belcher one bit. However, I also could never understand the daemons that you must deal with to do something like this.

Having his mother there just makes the situation that much more ****ed up. He was severely mentally ill.

chiefzilla1501 12-01-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9167309)
If someone offed themselves at your workplace in front of a bunch of people would your work still make you come to work the next day?

It depends on what workplace you're talking about. Not to be insensitive, but you are talking about a decision that has millions upon millions of dollars of an impact, not to mention one that really challenges the competitive balance of the game.

I see the NFL pushing this game off as much as usual. But even after Katrina and Sandy, they made every effort to let the game go on as usual. I can't see the NFL canceling this game. It's a tough spot for them, but I can't blame them for proceeding as planned.

Stanley Nickels 12-01-2012 11:50 AM

Jackie Bates ‏@iamjackiebates
#ripbelch #iloveyoubrother #classof2009 pic.twitter.com/ljNm0D42

ragedogg69 12-01-2012 11:50 AM

Kenny McKinley commited suicide on a monday? i assume the broncos played the following sunday?

digger 12-01-2012 11:51 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...1891--nfl.html

Rasputin 12-01-2012 11:51 AM

My heart and sympathy go out to the family members and team. This is just tragic.

lcarus 12-01-2012 11:51 AM

One thing I was talking with my brother about - don't NFL players have pretty big life insurance policies? Would a suicide make that policy null?

chiefzilla1501 12-01-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9167323)
I'm just saying, for now, I'd stay off twitter for anything other than prayers for the family.

Nobody views this as anything more than a player grieving for his friend and teammate. They can say what they want. This is really hard for them too.

Boise_Chief 12-01-2012 11:52 AM

Lzen, That actually made it worse but I appreciate seeing it. It was easier when I was just mad at him. It shows the many layers of this tragedy and the people involved.

Rausch 12-01-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9167336)
I don't feel sorry for Belcher one bit. However, I also could never understand the daemons that you must deal with to do something like this.

Having his mother there just makes the situation that much more ****ed up. He was severely mentally ill.

I have absolutely no sympathy for him.

That said there are hundreds of other people impacted by this...

nychief 12-01-2012 11:52 AM

I love all the self righteous indignation swirling around here.

alnorth 12-01-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

If someone offed themselves at your workplace in front of a bunch of people would your work still make you come to work the next day?

I would, but I have absolutely no tolerance or sympathy for murderers, and that co-worker wouldn't be a relative.

This condemnation of Goodell is silly and premature. The correct decision is to ask the Chiefs players tonight if they want to play tomorrow. We are all just presuming the answer is no, but for all we know, most of them might. In the meantime, the NFL has to logistically presume the game wont be postponed or cancelled until its clear it has to be.

If the players all stood up and demanded the game be postponed and the NFL gave them a "the show must go on" speech, then there could be a problem.

ChiefMojo 12-01-2012 11:52 AM

Regardless of how one feels about Crennel and Pioli's job performance, how could they go on with the Chiefs in the future after witnessing this? It will be tough enough for them going forth to live with the situation but to have to come back to the scene of the crime into the future is hard to imagine.

Johnny Vegas 12-01-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9167330)
I wouldn't be surprised to see the NFL postpone the game to monday and have a double monday night game.

NFL.com is stating the league advised the Panthers to fly to KC for the game on Sunday.

RNR 12-01-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9167329)

If the child is an infant it will have no recollection of the event. Hopefully there is someone who will raise this child and explain this terrible event at the right age~

GoChargers 12-01-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lionel (Post 9167327)
****ed up considering the Broncos had 6 days to griever whereas the chiefs won't have one.

Yeah, but God forbid Roger misses out on his precious ad revenues. It's not like the NFL doesn't make enough money as it is. :rolleyes:

Mr. Laz 12-01-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9167342)
One thing I was talking with my brother about - don't NFL players have pretty big life insurance policies? Would a suicide make that policy null?

every policy is different but i ASSUME that suicide nullifies 99.9999% of them.

otherwise you would have depressed people signing a policy and killing themselves constantly.

KCWolfman 12-01-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9167342)

It would be null.

I imagine the Chiefs will take care of expenses for both families. Hopefully, his last contract of 1.8 million hasn't already been spent as well.

BIG_DADDY 12-01-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9167318)

I highly doubt they cancel or move the game.

Smed1065 12-01-2012 11:54 AM

Speechless.

Thoughts and condolences to all involved.

In58men 12-01-2012 11:54 AM

BRC he must have read your tweet

@mellinger: Nothing like Twitter reaction to tragedy to remind everyone that 5% of the population are terrible human beings.

BigMeatballDave 12-01-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9167334)
Because he could have had a mental issue. You can't control it unless someone helps you. Nobody could help him because he kept something inside.

Stop defending Belcher.

The report is he shot her multiple times.

Rausch 12-01-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 9167354)
I highly doubt they cancel or move the game.

They won't.

Life goes on...

CaliforniaChief 12-01-2012 11:54 AM

Since everyone grieves differently, Al's thought is good. Let the players determine what they want to do. They're grown men who can self-determine just fine. Let them work it out.

memyselfI 12-01-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9167244)
Nobody ever asked you to get banned when you do this shit during the season.

At a time like THIS, you're getting on your unstable soap box and preaching to us. If you're serious, then you're ****ing reeruned. If you're trolling, then you deserve to be banned for a year.

Which one is it, bitch?

Neither. Look, people who have healthy support systems don't do this. Think of how your job might be your sanctuary if your home life is bad or vice versa. Also think about how a quiet person (as he's been described all morning) would have a hard time opening up to other people because it's not his nature.

So he's having problems at home where he can internalize it and no one knows. But he goes to work where his failures are on display. Not just his but his team, the organization, the city. The support system within the players seems to still be there as we've not seen ANY public blaming or dissing of each other. But once he leaves that locker room all good feelings there are no longer. The failings are out in the open and a matter of public discourse. They are on the field and in the air. They are on the television and on the airwaves.

There is no soap box here. There is the fact that someone who feels they have something going right in their lives does not do this unless they are mentally ill which, if that is the case, he is likely not equipped to handle the pressure of the NFL.

The energy at Arrowhead has been toxic for awhile (see their home record) and I think that it would not be surprising if some of the players have been dealing with depression or other types of mental health issues. I'm not saying any of this caused Belcher's actions but to believe they were not ANY FACTOR AT ALL is not realistic.

Messier 12-01-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9167343)
Nobody views this as anything more than a player grieving for his friend and teammate. They can say what they want. This is really hard for them too.

Right, and there must be conflicting feelings. I'd assume there is grief mixed with real anger.

Mr. Laz 12-01-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas (Post 9167349)
NFL.com is stating the league advised the Panthers to fly to KC for the game on Sunday.

yea, but that still leaves the option open of having the players stay overnight and have the game the next day. We don't know if that will actually happen, but it could.

Lionel 12-01-2012 11:55 AM

I've never seen a policy that pays out for suicide, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

dirk digler 12-01-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9167337)
It depends on what workplace you're talking about. Not to be insensitive, but you are talking about a decision that has millions upon millions of dollars of an impact, not to mention one that really challenges the competitive balance of the game.

I see the NFL pushing this game off as much as usual. But even after Katrina and Sandy, they made every effort to let the game go on as usual. I can't see the NFL canceling this game. It's a tough spot for them, but I can't blame them for proceeding as planned.

I am under no illusion that the NFL will not cancel the game, maybe reschedule it. This game has ZERO implication on the rest of the season though since both teams are out of the playoffs.

All I am saying is if the NFL does decide to play the game tomorrow the Chiefs should forfeit or just take a knee and walk off the field.

Bearcat 12-01-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Exactly.

luv 12-01-2012 11:55 AM

I take it ESPN still hasn't gotten the okay to release Belcher's name. Odd, since it seems to be mentioned everywhere else.

Smed1065 12-01-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9167352)
every policy is different but i ASSUME that suicide nullifies 99.9999% of them.

otherwise you would have depressed people signing a policy and killing themselves constantly.

IIRC, it is usually covered after a certain time period.. Like 1 to 3 years.

SDKCCHIEFS 12-01-2012 11:55 AM

what the ****

lcarus 12-01-2012 11:56 AM

God...this just adds to it. THE absolute worst Kansas City Chiefs football season in my life. It's just been a dark, awful year for this team. Hopefully we have a brighter future lying ahead...

cdcox 12-01-2012 11:57 AM

I don't really have anything to add except to offer my condolences to all affected by this tragedy.

keg in kc 12-01-2012 11:57 AM

Holy shit. That's ****ing insane.

In58men 12-01-2012 11:57 AM

This

@BillSimmons: Such a horrible tragedy in KC. Chiefs game has to be postponed 1 or 2 days. How is this even a question? Do the right thing, NFL.

ROYC75 12-01-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9167066)
The mental toll on these guys is crazy.

You just never really know what is going on with someone.

So true, we all get on here about each other and the Chiefs players, management and we never know what is going on inside of that person. To many people in this world, life is tougher on some more than others. Prayers to all.

Imon Yourside 12-01-2012 11:58 AM

Absolutely Shocked, I mean he had so much to live for I really can't comprehend why he would do it.......

Canofbier 12-01-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9167347)
I would, but I have absolutely no tolerance or sympathy for murderers, and that co-worker wouldn't be a relative.

This condemnation of Goodell is silly and premature. The correct decision is to ask the Chiefs players tonight if they want to play tomorrow. We are all just presuming the answer is no, but for all we know, most of them might. In the meantime, the NFL has to logistically presume the game wont be postponed or cancelled until its clear it has to be.

If the players all stood up and demanded the game be postponed and the NFL gave them a "the show must go on" speech, then there could be a problem.

I think you may be right. I doubt that they will be able to move on from all this in the course of just a day, but an important part of healing is making an effort to return to normalcy. We'll see what happens.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-01-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9167373)
This

@BillSimmons: Such a horrible tragedy in KC. Chiefs game has to be postponed 1 or 2 days. How is this even a question? Do the right thing, NFL.

NFL did nothing when Sean Taylor was MURDER.

chiefzilla1501 12-01-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9167364)
I am under no illusion that the NFL will not cancel the game, maybe reschedule it. This game has ZERO implication on the rest of the season though since both teams are out of the playoffs.

All I am saying is if the NFL does decide to play the game tomorrow the Chiefs should forfeit or just take a knee and walk off the field.

I think you'll see a reaction from the NFL much more severe than what the Spurs got. And I wouldn't blame the NFL for it, as insensitive as that sounds. Pretty sure the Chiefs know that this is not something they will want to do.

luv 12-01-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9167360)
Neither. Look, people who have healthy support systems don't do this. Think of how your job might be your sanctuary if your home life is bad or vice versa. Also think about how a quiet person (as he's been described all morning) would have a hard time opening up to other people because it's not his nature.

So he's having problems at home where he can internalize it and no one knows. But he goes to work where his failures are on display. Not just his but his team, the organization, the city. The support system within the players seems to still be there as we've not seen ANY public blaming or dissing of each other. But once he leaves that locker room all good feelings there are no longer. The failings are out in the open and a matter of public discourse. They are on the field and in the air. They are on the television and on the airwaves.

There is no soap box here. There is the fact that someone who feel they have something going right in their lives does not do this unless they are mentally ill which, if that is the case, he is likely not equipped to handle the pressure of the NFL.

Opinion.

Do you have credentials you're not sharing with us?

Don't answer that, as I'm finally placing you on ignore.

ragedogg69 12-01-2012 11:59 AM

worst season ever? worst season ever.

ToxSocks 12-01-2012 11:59 AM

Whoa. This is not how i like to start my morning.

WTF

Im in disbelief.

This is so sad. Un real.

scho63 12-01-2012 11:59 AM

Romeo and Pioli need counseling after this......as much as my disdain for their skills in football, they are human beings and witnessing someone you are trying to talk out of suicide kill themselves is tragic....:crybaby:

digger 12-01-2012 12:00 PM

ESPN just now said his name.........

ChiefAshhole20 12-01-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9167379)

It wasn't at team facilities

Chiefspants 12-01-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9167360)

There is no soap box here. There is the fact that someone who feels they have something going right in their lives does not do this unless they are mentally ill which, if that is the case, he is likely not equipped to handle the pressure of the NFL.

The energy at Arrowhead has been toxic for awhile (see their home record) and I think that it would not be surprising if some of the players have been dealing with depression or other types of mental health issues. I'm not saying any of this caused Belcher's actions but to believe they were not ANY FACTOR AT ALL is not realistic.

So really, you're saying you have no clear idea of what you're talking about.

listopencil 12-01-2012 12:01 PM

Horrible news. I can't really see a silver lining here at all.

BWillie 12-01-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Mine would...im sure of it

Bowser 12-01-2012 12:02 PM

Found this article after a quick search. It's a couple of years old, but works....

What's it take for an NFL game to be postponed?

Here is the list of NFL games that have been postponed/delayed since 1987 and the reasons for them. There are natural disasters, the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks and a stadium conflict, but not snow ...

-- October 26, 1987 – Denver at Minnesota game of October 25 switched to October 26 in Minnesota due to Minnesota Twins playing seventh game of World Series at Metrodome in Minneapolis on Sunday, October 25. Vikings won 34-27.

-- October 22, 1989 -- New England at San Francisco game of October 22 switched from Candlestick Park to Stanford Stadium in Palo Alto due to Bay Area earthquake of October 17. 49ers won 37-20.

-- October 18, 1992 -- New England at Miami game of September 6 switched to October 18 in Miami due to aftermath of Hurricane Andrew on August 25. Both teams originally had bye weeks on October 18. Miami won 38-17.

-- October 27, 1997 – Chicago at Miami game of October 26 switched to October 27 in Miami due to Florida Marlins playing seventh game of World Series at Miami’s Pro Player Stadium on Sunday night, October 26. Bears won 36-33 (OT).

-- September 11, 2001 – Week 2 of the NFL schedule was postponed on September 13 after the 9/11 terrorist attacks. On September 18, the NFL re-scheduled those games. The second week of the season would be picked up in Week 3, and the original Week 2 games would be played on January 6-7 as the final Week 17 of the season.

-- October 27, 2003 – Monday night game of Miami at San Diego on October 27 is switched on October 26 to Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, Arizona due to Southern California wildfires. Chargers’ Qualcomm Stadium was being used as an evacuation area for San Diego residents. Miami won 26-10.

-- September 11, 2004 – Tennessee at Miami game of September 12 (season opener) switched to September 11 in Miami due to approach of Hurricane Ivan. Titans won 17-7.

-- September 19, 2005 – NY Giants at New Orleans game of September 18 (Saints’ home opener) switched to September 19 in New York at Giants Stadium due to damage of Superdome following Hurricane Katrina. Giants won 27-10.

-- New Orleans Saints, 2005 – After playing home opener in New York (see above), New Orleans split remainder of home games between Alamo Dome in San Antonio, Texas or Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. All seven games played on originally scheduled date.

-- October 21, 2005 – Kansas City at Miami game of October 23 switched to October 21 due to impending landfall of Hurricane Wilma. Chiefs won 30-20.

-- October 26, 2008 – Cincinnati at Houston game of November 9 switched to October 26 due to schedule restructuring (see below) following damage to Reliant Stadium from Hurricane Ike. Cincinnati’s bye was moved to Week 10 (Nov. 9) as a result. Texans won 35-6.

-- November 9, 2008 – Baltimore at Houston game of September 14 (Texans’ home opener) switched to November 9 due to damage of Reliant Stadium following Hurricane Ike. Both teams had byes in Week 2 (Sep. 14) as a result. Ravens won 41-13.

-- September 12, 2010 – Denver at Jacksonville game of September 12 (2010 Kickoff Weekend) delayed 33 minutes due to lightening over stadium. Jaguars won 24-17.

-- September 13, 2010 – Baltimore at NY Jets game of September 13 (2010 Kickoff Weekend; Jets first game in New Meadowlands Stadium and first MNF game in history of facility) delayed 15 minutes due to lightening over stadium. Ravens won 10-9.

-- October 11, 2010 – Minnesota at NY Jets game of October 11 (MNF game) delayed 45 minutes due to lightening over stadium. Jets won 29-20.

-- December 13, 2010 – NY Giants at Minnesota game of Sunday, December 12 moved to Ford Field on Monday, December 13. The Metrodome’s roof collapsed on Sunday morning under the weight of heavy snow, causing the game to be played in Detroit. On Saturday, December 11, the NFL announced the game would be played on Monday night in Minnesota due to severe weather conditions that produced nearly two feet of snow in Minneapolis, diverting the Giants flight on Saturday to Kansas City. However, the roof collapse early Sunday morning forced the shift of the Monday game site from Minnesota to Detroit. Giants won 21-3 before a crowd of 45,910.

-- December 20, 2010 – Chicago at Minnesota game of Monday, December 20 moved to University of Minnesota’s TCF Bank Stadium. After the Metrodome’s roof collapsed the prior week, the NFL announced that Minnesota would host its first outdoor game in 29 years. Over 40,000 cubic yards of snow were removed from TCF Bank Stadium during the week leading up to the game after the facility had been winterized following the NCAA regular season. Bears won 40-14 before a crowd of 40,504.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/d...postponed.html

Chiefshrink 12-01-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 9167374)
So true, we all get on here about each other and the Chiefs players, management and we never know what is going on inside of that person. To many people in this world, life is tougher on some more than others. Prayers to all.

If true, this tragedy has everything to do with him discovering he is not the baby daddy and being announced in front of his own mother visiting and seeing her so-called grandchild for the first time. Imagine the humiliation, rage, and betrayal he must have felt simultaneously in a very volatile moment and killing her in front of his own mother and then offing himself in front of his coaches say's a ton.

RNR 12-01-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9167379)

This is a unique situation. With the event happening at the complex. I am not sure what the right action is. The NFL telling the Panthers to go ahead and travel means little. It is a proceed until a decision is made plan I would assume~

Lionel 12-01-2012 12:02 PM

This is just so sad.

On a side note they just now announced on the cable news channel who it was. Why wait so long???

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-01-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9167334)

Why? Man snap and kill women all the time? P**** does some crazy things to some men.

BWillie 12-01-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Or just f***ing evil to begin w.

bevischief 12-01-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 9167033)
my wife and I are expecting a baby in a few weeks...this is just heartbreaking, on all levels.

Congrats!!!!!!!!

listopencil 12-01-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9167369)
God...this just adds to it. THE absolute worst Kansas City Chiefs football season in my life. It's just been a dark, awful year for this team. Hopefully we have a brighter future lying ahead...

:toast: To better days.

Rausch 12-01-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9167394)
Mine would...im sure of it

People get off'ed in prison all the time...

Red Brooklyn 12-01-2012 12:04 PM

So many conflicting reports. Do we have 100% confirmation yet whether it was Belcher's mother or her mother? I've seen both reported.

dirk digler 12-01-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

On June 22, 2002, Major League Baseball postponed a Cardinals-Cubs game when Cardinals pitcher Darryl Kile was found dead in his hotel room just hours before game time.

DTLB58 12-01-2012 12:04 PM

The NFL is in uncharted territory in this situation, as an active player dying just a day before his team was scheduled to play is unprecedented.

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 1, 2012, 12:30 PM EST
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-as-scheduled/

Canofbier 12-01-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 9167386)
Romeo and Pioli need counseling after this......as much as my disdain for their skills in football, they are human beings and witnessing someone you are trying to talk out of suicide kill themselves is tragic....:crybaby:

No question that this is a traumatic event for those involved, either directly or indirectly. I hope that the NFL uses this as a springboard to promote mental health to all of its players and staff. In such a competitive environment, I can imagine that it's easy to lose focus on the importance of what goes on when you go home at the end of the day.

Rausch 12-01-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 9167409)
So many conflicting reports. Do we have 100% confirmation yet whether it was Belcher's mother or her mother? I've seen both reported.

No less tragic either way...

bevischief 12-01-2012 12:05 PM

Just heard about this about 25 minutes ago. This sad on so many levels.

keg in kc 12-01-2012 12:05 PM

The only thing I can think of right now is that this is eerily reminiscent of Chris Benoit 5 years ago.

Sorter 12-01-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 9167409)

Just said Belcher's mother on ESPN

edit: whoops

memyselfI 12-01-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9167382)
Opinion.

Do you have credentials you're not sharing with us?

Don't answer that, as I'm finally placing you on ignore.

Not credentials just some exposure to this issue. I guess you won't see this then.

http://www.jfponline.com/pages.asp?AID=8631

KCFaninSEA 12-01-2012 12:06 PM

ESPN just said it was Belcher

Mr. Laz 12-01-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9167366)
I take it ESPN still hasn't gotten the okay to release Belcher's name. Odd, since it seems to be mentioned everywhere else.

Espn is just now reporting Belcher'd name and about the mother being there etc.

BWillie 12-01-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9167357)
Stop defending Belcher.

The report is he shot her multiple times.

I agree. Belcher is a POS. I don't care really what was going on in his life or if he was a Chief. His actions are inexcusable and indefensible.