ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Jon Gruden made an oopsie [and has resigned] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=340166)

Sassy Squatch 10-13-2021 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 15891727)
This is probably how the media got a hold of these.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story...-football-team

The "journalist" is allegedly Schefter.

dirk digler 10-13-2021 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15891734)
The "journalist" is allegedly Schefter.

Not allegedly

Quote:

Several emails between Allen and journalists are part of the filing too. In one of them from July 2011, ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter sent Allen the draft of an unpublished story that was published later the same day.

“Please let me know if you see anything that should be added, changed, tweaked,” Schefter wrote. “Thanks, Mr. Editor, for that and the trust. Plan to file this to espn about 6 am ….”

ESPN released the following statement in response to the correspondence: “Without sharing all the specifics of the reporter’s process for a story from 10 years ago during the NFL lockout, we believe that nothing is more important to Adam and ESPN than providing fans the most accurate, fair and complete story.”

Sassy Squatch 10-13-2021 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 15891741)
Not allegedly

Ah, so it's actually out now. Last I read yesterday they'd kind of vaguely mentioned it was him without outright confirming it.

Jerm 10-13-2021 07:55 AM

Weren't McVay, Shanahan, and LaFleur all at Washington around this time...?

You wanna talk about opening pandora's box...yeesh...

DJ's left nut 10-13-2021 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 15891374)
Gruden got cancelled

I'm sad because I was looking forward to 7 more years of Raiders mediocrity

now they might stumble into a decent coach instead of being 8-9 or 9-8 for years to come

The good news is that this might get Bieniemy the job.

Granted, you're not gonna get 7 more years of mediocrity out of him, but you'll probably get 3-4 before they move on and in the process we'll get a couple of draft picks...

64 Chief 10-13-2021 08:26 AM

Never a big fan of Gruden's often condescending attitude when he speaks. However this politically correct mob rule is ruining lives and this nation. Few among us have never said, thought or written something others might find offensive. Limits to our freedoms here should only be narrowly and carefully
proscribed, such as "fire" in a crowded theater or "bomb" on an airplane.

Hammock Parties 10-13-2021 08:31 AM

How else do you think Schefter got his access? LMAO

DJ's left nut 10-13-2021 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15891792)

Exactly.

This is the sausage getting made fellas.

All these guys who "know a guy" have given a whole lot of handjobs to get that insider intel.

displacedinMN 10-13-2021 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 15891378)
:spock: Are you insinuating that you were taught the racist version of that in 3rd grade and you think the majority of people in this country were spouting off the same shit at that age? How old are you and where did you grow up?

Learned it from others. Not sure if it was meant to be racist. I am 52. Iowa.
Never said Tiger FWIW.

But in the age of wokeism-there is no forgiveness. Saying something that was not meant to be taken that way is still a chance to destroy someone.

Not forgiving chuckie. Not really paying attention to him. Just the raiders raidering.

this world is ****ed up in so many ways. Innocent things are twisted into racially motivated statements by others that have no clue.

Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will make me cancel you.
off to DC

chiefzilla1501 10-13-2021 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 15891796)
Learned it from others. Not sure if it was meant to be racist. I am 52. Iowa.
Never said Tiger FWIW.

But in the age of wokeism-there is no forgiveness. Saying something that was not meant to be taken that way is still a chance to destroy someone.

Not forgiving chuckie. Not really paying attention to him. Just the raiders raidering.

this world is ****ed up in so many ways. Innocent things are twisted into racially motivated statements by others that have no clue.

Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will make me cancel you.
off to DC

I think the way bigger story here is yet again the corrupt and powerful have found a way to do the worst of the worst things, yet successfully divert your attention by lobbing everyone else under the bus. How in the hell is this even a story about gruden and schefter while Snyder goes completely untouched. The woke pitchforks are focused on gruden and the opposite side is screaming cancel culture. Meanwhile the biggest villains just slide off into the background. How is it possible that after all the WFT bullshit, Snyder has become more powerful? That the worse this gets for gruden and schefter, the better it gets for Snyder, even though he's the reason for the investigation?

What gruden did was stupid and he deserves some shit for it. But it's just incredible that an espn guy who now coaches the raiders is the focal point of a leak that's supposed to be about the redskins.

Sassy Squatch 10-13-2021 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15891792)

Well, it may **** him over now that it's become public
Seen other journalists point at it and say "no, that's not normal behavior" even though it almost assuredly is. He's the top dog in that world, along with Rapoport, and it'll be interesting to see who tries to knock him down the ladder.

Hammock Parties 10-13-2021 09:03 AM

Nobody will. That's how all the top level insiders work.

KCrockaholic 10-13-2021 09:06 AM

Kevin Durant: "Pale pasty cum guzzling bitch!" LMAO:LOL:LMAO :clap:

Gruden: "Rubber lips" sucks and the NFL commish is a bundle of sticks :#:cuss: Cancel him for LIFE! He's a homophobic racist!

jd1020 10-13-2021 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15891794)
Exactly.

This is the sausage getting made fellas.

All these guys who "know a guy" have given a whole lot of handjobs to get that insider intel.

The Sausage King of Detroit is on the case.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jon Gruden and Adam Schefter out here catching ricochet shots for an investigation into...Dan Snyder. People forget that.</p>&mdash; Isaac (@WorldofIsaac) <a href="https://twitter.com/WorldofIsaac/status/1448269340441255938?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 13, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hammock Parties 10-13-2021 09:07 AM

There is definitely a double standard. But it was convenient for the NFL and DeMaurice Smith. Agendas at work.

Baby Lee 10-13-2021 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15891821)
I think the way bigger story here is yet again the corrupt and powerful have found a way to do the worst of the worst things, yet successfully divert your attention by lobbing everyone else under the bus. How in the hell is this even a story about gruden and schefter while Snyder goes completely untouched. The woke pitchforks are focused on gruden and the opposite side is screaming cancel culture. Meanwhile the biggest villains just slide off into the background. How is it possible that after all the WFT bullshit, Snyder has become more powerful? That the worse this gets for gruden and schefter, the better it gets for Snyder, even though he's the reason for the investigation?

What gruden did was stupid and he deserves some shit for it. But it's just incredible that an espn guy who now coaches the raiders is the focal point of a leak that's supposed to be about the redskins.

That's part of the central consensus we are circling. . .

It's not that cancel culture does or doesn't exist, or is or isn't merited, so much as it's capricious and prone to manipulation.

It's a Sword of Damocles that can keep aspirants to power in check.

Plenty have skeletons in their closet, not everyone, but plenty. And most know they can navigate, . . . but so long as they play along and don't make waves.

Grudens MISTAKE was writing the emails, but that wasn't his crime. His CRIME was not having enough powerful friends for his current profile.

LOCOChief 10-13-2021 09:38 AM

There’s plenty of white guys with gold jackets that have said worse. They should be ejected from the hof

KCrockaholic 10-13-2021 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOCOChief (Post 15891894)
There’s plenty of white guys with gold jackets that have said worse. They should be ejected from the hof

Nearly everyone has said something inappropriate or racist or homophobic at some point in their life. Black, Brown, White, doesn't matter. We all **** around and say that shit. This is only an issue because Gruden was dumb enough to type it out in emails. Maybe he was drunk during those emails, who knows.

ptlyon 10-13-2021 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 15891896)
This is only an issue because Gruden is white saying something considered offensive about a black man.

FIFY

LOCOChief 10-13-2021 09:48 AM

Quote:

Nearly everyone has said something inappropriate or racist or homophobic at some point in their life. Black, Brown, White, doesn't matter. We all **** around and say that shit. This is only an issue because Gruden was dumb enough to type it out in emails. Maybe he was drunk during those emails, who knows.

You’re probably right. I’ll bet there’s plenty of white hof ers that have emailed worse in the last 20 years. They should investigate players past and present emails, social media and written correspondence for similar atrocities and punish the guilty.

DaFace 10-13-2021 09:48 AM

Quote:

It's also possible to recover from stuff like this, but it requires actually being contrite. If he'd immediately come out and explained that he didn't realize 10 years ago how that kind of language affected people, that some of it is deeply ingrained in his vocabulary and that he's trying to change that, and that recent events have opened his eyes on these issues and he's trying to be an advocate moving forward, he probably would have taken some heat, but it would have eventually blown over. A giant donation to some prominent anti-discrimination organizations would help as well.

However, people see through insincerity, and he doesn't exactly strike me as the contrite type.

Rams Fan 10-13-2021 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOCOChief (Post 15891907)
You’re probably right. I’ll bet there’s plenty of white hof ers that have emailed worse in the last 20 years. They should investigate players past and present emails, social media and written correspondence for similar atrocities and punish the guilty.

It’s not just the e-mail.

He flat out lied on Friday about them and hasn’t said anything about he’s tried to be better or own up to what he said.

wazu 10-13-2021 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOCOChief (Post 15891907)

Agree that this inquisition should begin immediately. Root out all who have sinned in the past, and strip them from their respective so-called "Rings of Honor". Actually might be easier to just set-up Rings of Shame and move them over so that their sins aren't forgotten by future generations.

wazu 10-13-2021 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15891908)
It's also possible to recover from stuff like this, but it requires actually being contrite. If he'd immediately come out and explained that he didn't realize 10 years ago how that kind of language affected people, that some of it is deeply ingrained in his vocabulary and that he's trying to change that, and that recent events have opened his eyes on these issues and he's trying to be an advocate moving forward, he probably would have taken some heat, but it would have eventually blown over. A giant donation to some prominent anti-discrimination organizations would help as well.

However, people see through insincerity, and he doesn't exactly strike me as the contrite type.

It seems hard to envision Gruden being able to talk his way out of this, but I agree your approach would have given him a much better chance. Honestly I'll miss having Chucky around in some capacity. His personality and ego and everything else added entertainment value to the NFL. Ultimately that same "don't give a ****" attitude that was fun to watch is what did him in.

Mennonite 10-13-2021 10:09 AM

Phase one: Gruden is fired and stripped of his honors.

Phase two should be the elimination of anyone who owned, worked for, played for, or in any way supported the Redskins. They were perfectly willing, proud even, to use a racial slur in public for 80 years. The NFL encouraged it an profited by it. How is that any less worse than what Gruden did?

Phase three should be the elimination anyone who owned, worked for, played for, or in any way supported the Broncos. In fact, we may need to switch phase two and three.

ghak99 10-13-2021 10:11 AM

I hope he goes scorched earth on everything NFL and ESPN.

Mennonite 10-13-2021 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 15891946)

I wonder if there was a deal to resign instead of being fired in exchange for some extra cash and an agreement to play nice.

wazu 10-13-2021 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 15891946)

A Jon Gruden podcast where he goes full dark-side is probably his best move at this point.

chiefzilla1501 10-13-2021 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 15891953)
I wonder if there was a deal to resign instead of being fired in exchange for some extra cash and an agreement to play nice.

The way he abruptly left, I don't think he does that because of a few stupid comments. He could've easily just taken a leave of absence. Mark Davis would've thrown a fit. If he had dirt on the NFL why would he bail out this quickly.

Maybe this has something to do with his brother.

jd1020 10-13-2021 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15892083)
The way he abruptly left, I don't think he does that because of a few stupid comments. He could've easily just taken a leave of absence. Mark Davis would've thrown a fit. If he had dirt on the NFL why would he bail out this quickly.

Maybe this has something to do with his brother.

Probably because he doesn't really want to work any more. It took a $100M contract to get him back. The Raiders had been trying for years to get him coaching again.

The owners met with Gruden before his decision to resign was made. So this little leak was the perfect opportunity to get out and also collect a nice fat check that saved the Raiders a little money because his contract was guaranteed.

Hammock Parties 10-13-2021 11:56 AM

shitshow LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just spoke with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Raiders?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Raiders</a> owner Mark Davis: &quot;I have no comment. Ask the NFL. They have all the answers.&quot; Also confirmed that Mike Mayock remains GM and now has 51 percent control of roster decisions, with interim coach Rich Bisaccia at 49 percent. Was Gruden 51/Mayock 49 before.</p>&mdash; Paul Gutierrez (@PGutierrezESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/PGutierrezESPN/status/1448337698024947714?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 13, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jd1020 10-13-2021 11:58 AM

NFL put a gun to that mans head.

siberian khatru 10-13-2021 12:00 PM

How do you split roster decisions 51/49?

gblowfish 10-13-2021 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 15892169)

They should let Kamala Harris decide in case of a tie...

Hammock Parties 10-13-2021 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 15892169)

I'm certain it means that Mayock can override the other guy anytime he likes.

Mennonite 10-13-2021 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 15892165)

If that's what it takes to make him get a new haircut, then so be it.

jdubya 10-13-2021 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15892155)
shitshow LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just spoke with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Raiders?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Raiders</a> owner Mark Davis: &quot;I have no comment. Ask the NFL. They have all the answers.&quot; Also confirmed that Mike Mayock remains GM and now has 51 percent control of roster decisions, with interim coach Rich Bisaccia at 49 percent. Was Gruden 51/Mayock 49 before.</p>&mdash; Paul Gutierrez (@PGutierrezESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/PGutierrezESPN/status/1448337698024947714?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 13, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

"Now" Mayock has say in roster decisions. Be interesting how this plays out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVgRLyImJ3U

Jerm 10-13-2021 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 15892165)

Florio said all but this...said the the NFL was going to keep leaking e-mails until they fired him which is something else....

lawrenceRaider 10-13-2021 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15892155)
shitshow LMAO

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdubya (Post 15892178)
"Now" Mayock has say in roster decisions. Be interesting how this plays out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVgRLyImJ3U

I've said before that I felt Gruden was making the early round picks with Mayock doing the later rounds.

Pitt Gorilla 10-13-2021 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 15892206)
Florio said all but this...said the the NFL was going to keep leaking e-mails until they fired him which is something else....

How many times did Gruden F up?

Marcellus 10-13-2021 02:23 PM

I think my favorite hypocrisy so far has been Stephan A Smith going on about Gruden and all of this.

Stephan A was suspended for domestic violence comments he made on ESPN in 2014 where he blames Ray Rice's wife and was reprimanded several months ago and took leave over making xenophobic remarks about Shoehi Ohtani.

Yet he is on CNN running his mouth about Gruden.

GayFrogs 10-13-2021 02:36 PM

I don't feel sorry for gruden at all, he's a dumb asshole who deserved to be knocked down a few pegs. Maybe I'm wrong but I can't find any statements of former players defending him.

Edit: Ah crap I did find a couple after rephrasing it...charles woodson.

FloridaMan88 10-13-2021 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GayFrogs (Post 15892417)
I don't feel sorry for gruden at all, he's a dumb asshole who deserved to be knocked down a few pegs. Maybe I'm wrong but I can't find any statements of former players defending him.

Did Gruden deserve to have his career destroyed because the NFL found his e-mails useful in their attempt to prop up DeMaurice Smith and help keep him in his NFLPA leadership role?

I am not suggesting Gruden deserves sympathy... he was dumb enough to send these incriminating e-mails to an NFL-affiliated e-mail address and gave the league the ammunition to destroy him... but it is pretty brazen of the NFL to so blatantly end a HC's career for their own strategic interests.

Easy 6 10-13-2021 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GayFrogs (Post 15892417)

Tony Dungy and Tim Brown as well

For me its not so much about Gruden, as he can now go build himself a private island out of stacks of $100 bills... its that its just more cancel culture nonsense, digging into someones past from 10-11 years ago in an attempt to ruin their lives

chiefzilla1501 10-13-2021 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15892443)
Tony Dungy and Tim Brown as well

For me its not so much about Gruden, as he can now go build himself a private island out of stacks of $100 bills... its that its just more cancel culture nonsense, digging into someones past from 10-11 years ago in an attempt to ruin their lives

This was less about cancel culture and way more about the rich and powerful throwing someone under the bus to save their own ass. The only reason these emails were dug up was because of a legitimate investigation. The main reason these emails were leaked is because somebody is trying to protect their ass and is destroying gruden and schefter as collateral damage.

Hammock Parties 10-13-2021 03:18 PM

So...Gruden was a warning shot to someone else?

Easy 6 10-13-2021 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15892466)
This was less about cancel culture and way more about the rich and powerful throwing someone under the bus to save their own ass. The only reason these emails were dug up was because of a legitimate investigation. The main reason these emails were leaked is because somebody is trying to protect their ass and is destroying gruden and schefter as collateral damage.

Yeah, thats true as well... but now that the sports press has jumped in, its morphed into something akin to cancel culture

Lord I sure hope the Chiefs never get dragged into anything like this...

TribalElder 10-13-2021 03:29 PM

Raiders owner Mark Davis doesn’t seem to be very happy about the events that resulted in the resignation of coach Jon Gruden.

Via Paul Gutierrez of ESPN.com, Davis was asked about Gruden’s departure on Wednesday.

“I have no comment,” Davis said. And then he had a comment.

“Ask the NFL. They have all the answers.”

That’s a clear indication of frustration over the perception/reality that the NFL pressured Davis to fire Gruden, or Gruden to quit under threat of termination. Indeed, after Davis received some of the emails, he didn’t fire Gruden or pressure him to resign. It was only after someone leaked some of the emails to the media on Monday (following an initial leak on Friday) that the situation became untenable.

It’s fair to wonder whether Davis would have kept Gruden if the emails hadn’t been leaked. Given the loyalty Davis showed to Gruden even when Gruden was 19-29 through three full seasons and wasn’t remotely close to the host seat, that’s not a stretch.

Davis wants to win, and he surely believed Gruden helps the team more than Rich Bisaccia or any other interim options. Now, Davis seems to be miffed at the NFL for selectively utilizing otherwise confidential materials from the Washington Football Team investigation to force Gruden out.

TribalElder 10-13-2021 03:30 PM

They weren't going to fire Gruden

It wasn't until the emails got leaked that it forced their hand in fear of the cancel brigade descending down upon the Raiders

chiefzilla1501 10-13-2021 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15892471)
So...Gruden was a warning shot to someone else?

This whole thing is wild and Snyder is a disaster. Turns out a big reason these emails specifically went public is because Snyder is suing Bruce Allen in a defamation suit because he didn't like what an India media company wrote about him. Snyder is a vindictive asshole.

What did McNair once say about letting criminals run the asylum?

siberian khatru 10-13-2021 03:47 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/KSKsJ1iVXU">pic.twitter.com/KSKsJ1iVXU</a></p>&mdash; Madden NFL 22 (@EAMaddenNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/EAMaddenNFL/status/1448393205297332232?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 13, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Easy 6 10-13-2021 03:48 PM

el oh el

saphojunkie 10-13-2021 03:50 PM

The fact that Mark Davis isn't overjoyed he is out from that horrible contract is everything you need to know about how truly stupid he is.

Pablo 10-13-2021 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 15892526)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/KSKsJ1iVXU">pic.twitter.com/KSKsJ1iVXU</a></p>&mdash; Madden NFL 22 (@EAMaddenNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/EAMaddenNFL/status/1448393205297332232?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 13, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Just replace him with a Chucky doll in a visor and call it good

jd1020 10-13-2021 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 15892532)
The fact that Mark Davis isn't overjoyed he is out from that horrible contract is everything you need to know about how truly stupid he is.

Pretty sure its more personal than anything with him. He cherishes Grudens friendship and was apparently trying for 7 years to get him back on the Raiders until he finally got him. Then he had to fire him and it wasn't even his choice and he's the owner of the team.

saphojunkie 10-13-2021 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 15892541)
Pretty sure its more personal than anything with him. He cherishes Grudens friendship and was apparently trying for 7 years to get him back on the Raiders until he finally got him. Then he had to fire him and it wasn't even his choice and he's the owner of the team.

He resigned.

jd1020 10-13-2021 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 15892545)
He resigned.

He resigned after a meeting with the owners.

His resignation is nothing more than symbolic. He was fired.

eDave 10-13-2021 04:12 PM

The NFL has known all about Dan Snyder. He should have been dealt with long ago.

To the age of the emails, it does illustrate the measure of the man.

chiefzilla1501 10-13-2021 04:16 PM

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story...mpression=true

More on the India story. It's just wild. Not to mention the careless, or potentially intentional, redacting of all info except for some reason choosing not to redact grudens email address.

jd1020 10-13-2021 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15892579)
redacting of all info except for some reason choosing not to redact grudens email address.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/BxWTWalKTUAdq" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/BxWTWalKTUAdq">via GIPHY</a></p>

GayFrogs 10-13-2021 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15892476)
Yeah, thats true as well... but now that the sports press has jumped in, its morphed into something akin to cancel culture

Lord I sure hope the Chiefs never get dragged into anything like this...

I feel like the chiefs won't hire any more borderline reeruned hotheads after going through todd haley. The type of people who would get cancelled are mostly guys we wouldn't want. (not that I agree with cancel culture at all)

R8RFAN 10-13-2021 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 15890228)
Gruden might have wanted out anyway. He made a shitload of money, probably got a buyout on the remainder of his contract.

Time to kick up his feet and retire.

Nah his ego was too big to go out without completing the job. He does love the Raiders and fans but he is uber rich and is probably on his yacht drinking a fruity drink laughing. I am a Chucky fan because I am old but the team will probably be better without him to be totally honest. Still the same run run pass offense and does not know when to abandon the run.

jettio 10-13-2021 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 15891748)
Weren't McVay, Shanahan, and LaFleur all at Washington around this time...?

You wanna talk about opening pandora's box...yeesh...

I’m going to guess you are closer to Gruden’s age than those guys. I would be surprised if younger guys like that memorialize grouchy political stuff in work email. Those guys are ambitious and not cursing the world for making it so hard to be a white male heterosexual.

Gruden may not have had time to piss and moan about this and that if he was on an NFL staff and did not have a job that gave him too much free time.

Hammock Parties 10-13-2021 06:05 PM

I think this is about control.

The NFL wants a winner in Vegas and Sunday's loss vs CHI made it clear that isn't happening with Chuckie there.

Deshaun Watson will end up a Raider.

Jerm 10-13-2021 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jettio (Post 15892684)
I’m going to guess you are closer to Gruden’s age than those guys. I would be surprised if younger guys like that memorialize grouchy political stuff in work email. Those guys are ambitious and not cursing the world for making it so hard to be a white male heterosexual.

Gruden may not have had time to piss and moan about this and that if he was on an NFL staff and did not have a job that gave him too much free time.

I’m 38 you son of a bitch lol…I kid I kid.

Yeah you’re probably right…who knows though at this point.

ThyKingdomCome15 10-13-2021 06:12 PM

Everything 'woke' turns to s***. Donald Trump

jettio 10-13-2021 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 15892687)
I’m 38 you son of a bitch lol…I kid I kid.

Yeah you’re probably right…who knows though at this point.

:thumb:

displacedinMN 10-13-2021 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 15892526)

Now that is being canceled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R8RFAN 10-13-2021 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15892686)
I think this is about control.

The NFL wants a winner in Vegas and Sunday's loss vs CHI made it clear that isn't happening with Chuckie there.

Deshaun Watson will end up a Raider.

.You are nuts if you think they are gonna bring Watson in after what just happened.

displacedinMN 10-13-2021 06:48 PM

This means the raiders will go hard core after Eric Bienemy.

jdubya 10-13-2021 07:04 PM

Wonder what Al would have done. He was never one to cave to pressure from anybody

Stryker 10-13-2021 07:07 PM

Excellent news! **** Gruden, was never a fan of him - sans being let go by the Raiders then beat them in the SB! That was karma as I have ever witnessed! After that victory, forget him! I hope this kills the Raiders season.

Kiimo 10-13-2021 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 15892693)
Everything 'woke' turns to s***. Donald Trump

shut up and get out

Red Dawg 10-13-2021 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8RFAN (Post 15892715)
.You are nuts if you think they are gonna bring Watson in after what just happened.

Hes still getting a check. Gruden would have been better off hitting and groping women. He would still have a job.

Sassy Squatch 10-13-2021 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdubya (Post 15892758)
Wonder what Al would have done. He was never one to cave to pressure from anybody

Would've gladly fired Gruden on his own, I imagine. As far as NFL owners go, Al Davis was probably the most progressive of any of them.

Rams Fan 10-13-2021 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15892818)
Would've gladly fired Gruden on his own, I imagine. As far as NFL owners go, Al Davis was probably the most progressive of any of them.

Yeah.

He hired the first woman CEO in the NFL on top of hiring minorities as HCs -including the first black HC in NFL history.

Easy 6 10-13-2021 08:05 PM

See this is what I'm talking about, here goes the KC Star trying to drag Andy Reid into this mess

Thats where all of this woke cancel shit always leads... everyone eventually gets eaten by their supposed own, Reid doesn't owe ANYONE a comment on this, least of all the shitass KC Star

They're a filthy trash rag, barely fit to line a catbox with

https://www.yahoo.com/news/too-bad-k...212614762.html

fan4ever 10-13-2021 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 15892828)
Yeah.

He hired the first woman CEO in the NFL on top of hiring minorities as HCs -including the first black HC in NFL history.

Art Shell was a win-win for Davis. Got credit for the hire and got to run the team. I used to marvel at never seeing Art speaking into his headset during a game.

Rams Fan 10-13-2021 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15892830)
See this is what I'm talking about, here goes the KC Star trying to drag Andy Reid into this mess

Thats where all of this woke cancel shit always leads... everyone eventually gets eaten by their supposed own, Reid doesn't owe ANYONE a comment on this, least of all the shitass KC Star

They're a filthy trash rag, barely fit to line a catbox with

https://www.yahoo.com/news/too-bad-k...212614762.html

You don't think Reid could have said some shit like this?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“I think what you’ll discover is that we have so much more in common than not” <a href="https://t.co/nKfKazUQ4v">pic.twitter.com/nKfKazUQ4v</a></p>&mdash; Los Angeles Chargers (@chargers) <a href="https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1448411560284606468?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 13, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Easy 6 10-13-2021 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 15892834)
You don't think Reid could have said some shit like this?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“I think what you’ll discover is that we have so much more in common than not” <a href="https://t.co/nKfKazUQ4v">pic.twitter.com/nKfKazUQ4v</a></p>&mdash; Los Angeles Chargers (@chargers) <a href="https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1448411560284606468?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 13, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

No I don't, he has no need to satisfy the screeching mobs desire for a statement in any way whatsoever... his feelings can remain his own, and if you don't like it get bent