ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Modern Warfare 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204824)

Kraus 01-19-2010 10:52 PM

I'll be on in about 30

Valiant 01-19-2010 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6461943)
Just got my 1st nuke, fellas. Playing Hardcore DTM on Scrapyard playing with Molitoth and his friends (all good players).

It was the textbook "pants special". Spawned on Ranger side, blew the white box truck up and got behind it. Got my 9 kills, busted out the Pavelow and fell back to the warehouse while the fat man went to town on these dudes. Once the Pave was done flying around, busted out the Chopper Gunner and finished the job. Once that was done, busted the good ol' nuke - finished 31-1.

So in your face Hawk, you don't get to spoil my 1st one.

Grats, they were not going cold-blooded??

Pants 01-20-2010 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 6462323)
Grats, they were not going cold-blooded??

I think maybe 1 or 2 of the 6 had CB on. So yeah, my choppers had a field day, lol.

MVChiefFan 01-20-2010 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6462652)
I think maybe 1 or 2 of the 6 had CB on. So yeah, my choppers had a field day, lol.

:clap: I love it when a plan comes together!

wild1 01-20-2010 10:43 AM

I almost always run cold blooded. Seems like a huge asset to me.

Pants 01-20-2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild1 (Post 6462894)
I almost always run cold blooded. Seems like a huge asset to me.

I don't have one class without cold-blooded, it just does way too much and is absolutely crucial, IMO. The only time I change it is when I try to get some red perk challenge done or something.

Buck 01-20-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6462928)
I don't have one class without cold-blooded, it just does way too much and is absolutely crucial, IMO. The only time I change it is when I try to get some red perk challenge done or something.

Someone mentioned during the game the other day a way to cheat to get Cold Blooded Pro (shooting a helicopter as it is going down). I did that and finally got it. It seems pretty much useless in Hardcore though.

Buck 01-20-2010 11:01 AM

Oh and I finished like 100 XP away from Level 67 last night. All of the sudden my Headphones stopped working, I think either the battery went out or the WiFi in my house interfered with it (uses same frequency 2.4 GHZ I believe) so that sucked.

Anyways, I'm going to run around with the double shotty's even though I've talked a lot of shit, but I'm justifying it in that, I need to level up the guns.

Right? RIGHT?

Pants 01-20-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6462945)
Someone mentioned during the game the other day a way to cheat to get Cold Blooded Pro (shooting a helicopter as it is going down). I did that and finally got it. It seems pretty much useless in Hardcore though.

I like it. For example, you're much harder to find in the bush when sniping in the bush with CB Pro. People will look at you and run by because the big red name never popped up and they can't really see you otherwise.

HC_Chief 01-20-2010 11:02 AM

The hacks are getting completely out of hand with this game. Last night we played at least 4 games with "L337 H2x0rz". My favorite: the player running 10x faster than anyone else. Get this: there were players (limited in number mind you) that could run the full length of the West road on Favela map (where cap point A in domination = due North) in a second. Lightening fast.

The same player(s) also seemed to have a macro which allowed them to run in a tight circle; nearly perfect, mind you, pointing to the center. I guess this is to allow them to fly across the map, and "macro-circle" their intended target(s). The radius of the circle was wide enough to allow for a couple of players inside... good for circle-strafing. If one were to use Commando perk along with these hacks, the hacker should be able to knife-kill at their leisure.

Only one player I saw doing this was actually able to control it. The others must have been learning the hack, because they were completely out of control and fairly easy to kill: catch them in the narrow streets of Favela and blast 'em (or stab 'em). The one player that had control got a 76-3 kill/death ratio on Domination.

We reported all players we witnessed using the hacks. Hopefully somebody is checking.

Mr. Plow 01-20-2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief (Post 6462959)
We reported all players we witnessed using the hacks. Hopefully somebody is checking.

They do check that stuff. Honestly, I was surprised at how many Live bans there are because of the report feature. I found a guy with a highly inappropriate username, reported him - came back a week later to find out he had been banned.

Molitoth 01-20-2010 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6461943)
Just got my 1st nuke, fellas. Playing Hardcore DTM on Scrapyard playing with Molitoth and his friends (all good players).

Heh, ya that nuke was awesome. Sorry I was being a pansy last night... I had just got finished doing some TDM averaging 5:1 KTD ratios, and then when I switched to Hardcore I was going like 1:1 KTD and it was getting on my nerves... I really hate dieing.

Also, only Jcksn Plmbng is a good player (but not at Hardcore), the other 2 guys we were playing with are terrible... hence we didn't do as well as we should have.

I'm willing to do more Hardcore matches involving people who know how to play them well (ie. Metrolike) and communicate, but that won't be involving any of MY online friends though... they are all run-n-gun players.

Buck 01-20-2010 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 6463041)
Heh, ya that nuke was awesome. Sorry I was being a pansy last night... I had just got finished doing some TDM averaging 5:1 KTD ratios, and then when I switched to Hardcore I was going like 1:1 KTD and it was getting on my nerves... I really hate dieing.

Also, only Jcksn Plmbng is a good player (but not at Hardcore), the other 2 guys we were playing with are terrible... hence we didn't do as well as we should have.

I'm willing to do more Hardcore matches involving people who know how to play them well (ie. Metrolike) and communicate, but that won't be involving any of MY online friends though... they are all run-n-gun players.

Yeah, IMO it takes at least 5 players who are working as a team to do well at Hardcore. If you have 6 thats optimal, obviously. But when you have 4 or less, you tend to not be able to hold down certain portions of the map.

Last night I was pissed because we started out playing Ground War (and I am used to HC). So I sucked in the beginning and finally started doing good, then we decided to play one match of HC, and I sucked because at this point I was used to Core.

Pants 01-20-2010 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6463058)
Yeah, IMO it takes at least 5 players who are working as a team to do well at Hardcore. If you have 6 thats optimal, obviously. But when you have 4 or less, you tend to not be able to hold down certain portions of the map.

Last night I was pissed because we started out playing Ground War (and I am used to HC). So I sucked in the beginning and finally started doing good, then we decided to play one match of HC, and I sucked because at this point I was used to Core.

Talk to Ceej about that. I don't mind GW until I get all my perk challenges done. After that, I'm not touching that shit with a 12-foot pole, haha.

wild1 01-20-2010 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6462928)

I only wish I could carry stopping power too. I'd give up one of my perk slots to be able to have both.