ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Elder Scrolls V (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=209317)

Hammock Parties 12-11-2011 02:23 AM

So I killed a dragon today by sneaking up on it from behind.

I made my exit by going down the mountain the way the game wanted me to come in.

Then I ran into this place:

http://i.imgur.com/8aB8o.jpg

And read this note:

http://i.imgur.com/2koT4.jpg

Poor bastards.

Oh yeah, and
Spoiler!

http://i.imgur.com/624Rh.jpg

Random beauty shot.

Buck 12-11-2011 03:29 AM

LOL

http://i.imgur.com/dM4zN.jpg

Sofa King 12-11-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8187541)

LMAO Clever

What is everyone's name in the game?

pr_capone 12-11-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8188056)

Barkley - he is a Breton.

I typically name my RPG characters Barkley after Lt. Barkley on STTNG.

SomeRandomGirl 12-11-2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8188056)

Zarcenia. I almost always use Zalia (Dark Tower Series ftw!) for names as it's my favorite, but I just started typing random things and in the end chose this one. It's not really my best name I've used, but that's ok. I'll have several more names I'm sure.

SomeRandomGirl 12-11-2011 01:02 PM

Oh and I was going to ask, for those you with smithing/enchantment 100, what is your "end game" gear you've made for yourself so far?

I'm about to go enchant my first set of dragon stuff and I'm looking for nice combos and ideas.

Kraus 12-11-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomeRandomGirl (Post 8188743)
Oh and I was going to ask, for those you with smithing/enchantment 100, what is your "end game" gear you've made for yourself so far?

I'm about to go enchant my first set of dragon stuff and I'm looking for nice combos and ideas.

Since I'm an archer, I use the light dragon scale armor with archery enchantments, a health bonus on the main armor, strength bonus on the boots, one handed on the gauntlets.

patteeu 12-11-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8176098)
You guys should honestly not do every side-quest on your first play-through, and stick to one side of the map (east or west depending on if you are stormcloak (east) / imperial (west)). Then you can do a second play-through as a different race and different class, and do all new missions. That's what I did and it's like a whole different game.

This is a great approach.

If you (a) took this approach, (b) didn't collect every gold piece and sellable item you could find AND (c) minimized the amount of time you spent "farming" your skill levels up (as opposed letting your levels advance naturally according to your exploits), would you still be able to beat the game? Do you think you'd still be able to max the attributes/skills/spells you focus on (e.g. enchantment, fire resistance, etc.) by playing this way?

Buck 12-11-2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 8189245)
This is a great approach.

If you (a) took this approach, (b) didn't collect every gold piece and sellable item you could find AND (c) minimized the amount of time you spent "farming" your skill levels up (as opposed letting your levels advance naturally according to your exploits), would you still be able to beat the game? Do you think you'd still be able to max the attributes/skills/spells you focus on (e.g. enchantment, fire resistance, etc.) by playing this way?

Yes. Theoretically you could beat the game at a level 10. All you have to do is work on the main quest line and not do anything else.

patteeu 12-11-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8189264)
Yes. Theoretically you could beat the game at a level 10. All you have to do is work on the main quest line and not do anything else.

OK, that answers my question. When I play, I won't want to strictly limit myself to the main quest. I just wouldn't want to spend a lot of time enchanting minor items to sell for cash or letting easily killable creatures chew on me while I worked on my healing, for example. I'd still want to experience many of the sidequests on each playthrough. Thanks.

Setsuna 12-12-2011 12:16 PM

My Breton is Halix, and my Redguard is Vadin. Anyway, these daedric princes are pissing me off. They are jerking me around and I want to kill all of them.

Frazod 12-12-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8194644)
My Breton is Halix, and my Redguard is Vadin. Anyway, these daedric princes are pissing me off. They are jerking me around and I want to kill all of them.

Heh. Good luck with that.

Started a new character and have it up to level 20. Got tired of all the twitchy problems and mistakes I made with the old one. Going with a wood elf specializing in archery and thieving.

OmahaChief 12-12-2011 02:25 PM

I love the game so far, only level 34 but the one thing that sucks is there is a lack of random monsters that might take you out. Sure there is the ocassional dragon but even those are not terribly hard to kill in most cases. I wish there most more random monsters in the land that might pop out and give me a good run for my money. Anyone else feel this way or find a place that might have more mobs to hack and slash? It seems like one dungeon crawl after another to get to fight anyone.

And my Character is Raylan Bloodsword a Redguard dual wield warrior.

Frazod 12-12-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 8195584)
I love the game so far, only level 34 but the one thing that sucks is there is a lack of random monsters that might take you out. Sure there is the ocassional dragon but even those are not terribly hard to kill in most cases. I wish there most more random monsters in the land that might pop out and give me a good run for my money. Anyone else feel this way or find a place that might have more mobs to hack and slash? It seems like one dungeon crawl after another to get to fight anyone.

It does seem that way, but then every now and then you'll run into a higher level version of something you think is familiar that just beats the shit out of you.

Mr. Laz 12-12-2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 8195584)

It's a definitely weakness of Bethesda Elder Scrolls series.

Skyrim is way better than Oblivion but it's still limited.

I have hit mobs coming after me now from 'people' which adds a little bit more randomness to battles.