ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012 Kansas Football Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=253033)

teedubya 12-26-2011 08:43 PM

Yep... Saul Good has 32 more posts in this thread than anyone else.

ArrowheadHawk 12-26-2011 08:44 PM

Saul is a closet KU fan.

Braincase 12-26-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 8237908)
Saul is a closet KU fan.

Well, he's a closet something.

I know his wife is going to KU Edwards Campus, so I can't help but wondering if she's related to ZZ Top's drummer.

Braincase 12-26-2011 10:21 PM

Went up to 23rd Street Brewery for lunch today. One of my friends up there is an old Mizzou fan, and he was settling in to watch the bowl game. We struck up a conversation, and he volunteered the idea that the Big 12 seems to be more stable now that Missouri has gone to the SEC. He mentioned the governor and the flirtation with the Big 10, but the fact that Mizzou fan would recognize that the Tigers may have been the destabilizing entity in the whole conference realignment process = choir of angels, proof of God, hope for all mankind.

WilliamTheIrish 12-26-2011 10:59 PM

Disclaimer:

I have no idea if what Bill Self was true.

At the family Christmas gathering, my brother in law mentioned that he had to go to Lawrence to see a chiropractor. While there, in walked the man himself, Bill Self. Now my bil is a KSU grad who has coached high school basketball for over 30 years. 5 time state champs, lots of other tourney appearances... In general a great guy from Grainfield, Ks.

As Self made his way to a chair he talked up everybody in the office before settling insight next to my bil. My bil mentioned he was a KSU guy and they talked about football and Self commented how he thought Snydz' had done a remarkable job. One that should firmly entrench him in the HoF.

The talk then turned to realignment in the conference and then to MU in particular. Self stated that according to what he read and had seen, MU wasn't going to make any more money than they had in the Big XII. They talked further and Self kept coming back to this point of no extra money for MU.

Anyway, I don't know what Self knows, nor do I know if he was just blowing smoke. But my bil was convinced Self was firm in his belief. Anyway, it was an interesting conversation that was relayed to me.

Saul Good 12-26-2011 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 8237907)
Yep... Saul Good has 32 more posts in this thread than anyone else.

Kind of pathetic that KU fans don't even post in their own thread unless its about Mizzou or me.

Mr. Plow 12-27-2011 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 8238136)
Disclaimer:

At the family Christmas gathering, my brother in law mentioned that he had to go to Lawrence to see a chiropractor. While there, in walked the man himself, Bill Self. Now my bil is a KSU grad who has coached high school basketball for over 30 years. 5 time state champs, lots of other tourney appearances... In general a great guy from Grainfield, Ks.

As Self made his way to a chair he talked up everybody in the office before settling insight next to my bil. My bil mentioned he was a KSU guy and they talked about football and Self commented how he thought Snydz' had done a remarkable job. One that should firmly entrench him in the HoF.

The talk then turned to realignment in the conference and then to MU in particular. Self stated that according to what he read and had seen, MU wasn't going to make any more money than they had in the Big XII. They talked further and Self kept coming back to this point of no extra money for MU.

Anyway, I don't know what Self knows, nor do I know if he was just blowing smoke. But my bil was convinced Self was firm in his belief. Anyway, it was an interesting conversation that was relayed to me.

I'll be interested to see the actual dollar amounts. $$$ / 10 teams vs. $$$ / 14 teams.

kcchiefsus 12-27-2011 12:38 AM

Quote:

Disclaimer:

I'm pretty sure the SEC TV contract(s) will be up in the very near future, and I would be willing to bet that contract is going to far surpass any other conferences television contract.

teedubya 12-27-2011 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8238145)
Kind of pathetic that KU fans don't even post in their own thread unless its about Mizzou or me.

Says the pathetic MUron closing in on 200 post in a KU football thread.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-7Wb1Dg7YBh...ttle-black.jpg

Perhaps, sir... you'd might like to get a life, someday??

Or are you waiting on your wife to finish her degree at KU to get a good job to be your sugar mama?

Buehler445 12-27-2011 04:14 AM

Quote:

Disclaimer:

Interesting. Thx.

Mr. Plow 12-27-2011 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 8238245)
I'm pretty sure the SEC TV contract(s) will be up in the very near future, and I would be willing to bet that contract is going to far surpass any other conferences television contract.

I don't believe the contract will be up, but I believe someone has said that because of the expansion they can redo it to some extent.

Saul Good 12-27-2011 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8238421)
I don't believe the contract will be up, but I believe someone has said that because of the expansion they can redo it to some extent.

This is accurate. The SEC contract will be reworked now that the footprint has increased by 40%. I'm sure the SEC wanted Mizzou just for the prestige, but they probably wouldn't have done it with as much enthusiasm if they had to cut the same pie into two more pieces.

Braincase 12-27-2011 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8238145)

Almost as pathetic as your obsession with KU.

Seriously, dude. Get some help.

Pants 12-27-2011 09:17 AM

MU prestige

LMAO

http://s11.allstarpics.net/images/or...4ld01w98u1.jpg

Reerun_KC 12-27-2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8238429)
This is accurate. The SEC contract will be reworked now that the footprint has increased by 40%. I'm sure the SEC wanted Mizzou just for the prestige, but they probably wouldn't have done it with as much enthusiasm if they had to cut the same pie into two more pieces.

:LOL:

Then

ROFL