ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL 2013 Kansas City Chiefs Training Camp Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274697)

Titty Meat 07-30-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9846369)
I don't expect this team will be in 1st place this year.

They will be after week 1

petegz28 07-30-2013 07:58 PM

All the reports during camp last year was how much better Romeo ran the camp, etc, etc

RealSNR 07-30-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9846395)
All the reports during camp last year was how much better Romeo ran the camp, etc, etc

I don't know about better. The reports were that he took it easy in order to avoid injuries.

And it showed in the product on the field.

Coogs 07-30-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9846389)
We are gonna have a stout front 7 if they stay healthy. Top ten kinda good...but the OL will take a little time to build cohesiveness.

Once this OL starts to click, it's gonna be one of the best lines in football.

They were talking about Smith's ability to move, and make plays on the move, and how roll out's will help our linemen because that forces the defenders to honor the run a little more on pass plays, and not just tee off on where a 5 or 7 step dropback passer will be all the time.

petegz28 07-30-2013 08:02 PM

When you look at the collective we have reason for some hope this season. From the talking heads to the coaches to the players coupled with the fact that we do have some talent on this team it is plain as day as to what our problem was the last 4 years..

Pioli
Haley
Pioli
Romeo
Pioli
Cassel
Pioli
Quinn
Pioli

Tamba broke it down when he said this camp is more physical, more team oriented and smarter

Incompetence is what he saw the last 4 years. Even ****ing Gunther's teams were better than that shit

We had 1 good year in the last 4 and that was when we had an actual coach as an OC who understood how to make chicken salad out of chicken shit but we promptly ran him off

CoMoChief 07-30-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9846330)
That's not really a troll.

Legit question.

Is our D that good, or does the OL suck?

I think the offense will take time to all get on the same page. Alex Smith isn't exactly a great QB, but he's better than Cassel, and won't kill this team's momentum w/ turnovers.

The defense will be good....so I think it's a little bit of both.

But it's also the 3rd or 4th day of ****ing camp, I'm not really gonna get excited or worried either way.

Now if our offense/defense sucks after week1 while showing no signs of improvement from the preseason/TC...then we gotta problem.

petegz28 07-30-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9846402)
I don't know about better. The reports were that he took it easy in order to avoid injuries.

And it showed in the product on the field.

Oh no no no...short memory....there as no yelling, Cassel was allowed to play, Cassel was allowed to audible, bla bla bla...I bought it all too...it's ok, you can admit it too, I'm with ya

petegz28 07-30-2013 08:06 PM

The problem with the Pioli teams, offensively speaking, was the undersized O-lines. We were a running team with small guys blocking. I remember hearing on the radio that our heaviest O-lineman was still lighter than Reid's lightest or some shit like that.

I mean, what a concept, a big O-line. I mean even when DV was here, save Weigman, we still had a big O-line in Roaf, Shields, Tait and that big ****ing TE Dunn

Fat Elvis 07-30-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9846412)
Oh no no no...short memory....there as no yelling, Cassel was allowed to play, Cassel was allowed to audible, bla bla bla...I bought it all too...it's ok, you can admit it too, I'm with ya

Omaha! Omaha! Omaha!

Hammock Parties 07-30-2013 08:09 PM

There was nothing wrong with the size of that line. They ran a ZBS, and it worked. It hurt the team in short yardage situations, but only because those situations were magnified so much due to Cassel's suck.

Denver had an undersized line for years and kicked everyone's ass.

petegz28 07-30-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9846434)
There was nothing wrong with the size of that line. They ran a ZBS, and it worked. It hurt the team in short yardage situations, but only because those situations were magnified so much due to Cassel's suck.

Denver had an undersized line for years and kicked everyone's ass.

It was undersized and got manhandled on passing plays. Denver also had one of the best QB's in the history of the game as well.

ShowtimeSBMVP 07-30-2013 08:10 PM

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 50s

Observations from Chiefs camp. Expect them to be very busy on the waiver wire, especially at WR: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ja...-from-rbs-bowe

Hammock Parties 07-30-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9846437)
It was undersized and got manhandled on passing plays. Denver also had one of the best QB's in the history of the game as well.

It wasn't due to their size. It was because key individuals sucked ass at pass blocking/were old as shit.

Barry Richardson was a big mother****er and was shit horrible at pass blocking in KC.

This line really isn't that much bigger. There are no 340 pounders.

Hammock Parties 07-30-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9846439)

Observations from Chiefs camp. Expect them to be very busy on the waiver wire, especially at WR: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ja...-from-rbs-bowe

:shake:

Another year of excuses for a lousy QB.

Mother****erJones 07-30-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9846439)

Good we need to be. We need a better number 2 option. Shit I'd rather have Randy Moss than Baldwin ROFL