ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

htismaqe 02-04-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9377264)
I'm glad some of you take callers from 610 and 810 as the vocal majority of this fanbase.

King is right. The over dramatic garbage is way over the top.

Are you ignoring Facebook and Twitter too?

You're better than this, Frank.

htismaqe 02-04-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9377083)
I do.
Posted via Mobile Device

You're either lying or not actually listening.

Sorry, I hate doing that but there's no other way to slice it.

I listen to 810 every day, 8 hours a day.

The "don't draft a QB" club makes up 80% of the callers.

-King- 02-04-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9377298)

Well of course. That's what gets ratings. That's what gets you to listen. That's what gets you to react. Opposing viewpoints, especially ones you don't agree at all with will always get your attention more than ones you agree with. That's why Cassel threads always get so many posts.

It wouldn't be much of a radio show if everyone calling in was on the QB bandwagon. That wouldn't get many ratings.

Go to any Chiefs forum, the majority of people are on the draft QB bandwagon. Talk to people in real life. They're also in the QB bandwagon.

Most of the radio hosts are on the Geno bandwagon. From Fescoe, to Danny, to the big show (I only really listen to 610 but from what I hear most of the 810 hosts are also on the Geno bandwagon), they're all on the Geno bandwagon. So of course they're going to pick callers they can argue with. Wouldn't be much of a show if 80% of the callers they picked all agreed with them.

Rausch 02-04-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9377356)
Well of course. That's what gets ratings.

Why in the world would you think that?...

-King- 02-04-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9377361)
Why in the world would you think that?...

Why wouldn't you? Like I said, it's the same reason a pro Matt Cassel thread on this forum would get 1000 replies. People pay more attention to things that they are against.

htismaqe 02-04-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9377356)
Well of course. That's what gets ratings. That's what gets you to listen. That's what gets you to react. Opposing viewpoints, especially ones you don't agree at all with will always get your attention more than ones you agree with. That's why Cassel threads always get so many posts.

It wouldn't be much of a radio show if everyone calling in was on the QB bandwagon. That wouldn't get many ratings.

Go to any Chiefs forum, the majority of people are on the draft QB bandwagon. Talk to people in real life. They're also in the QB bandwagon.

Most of the radio hosts are on the Geno bandwagon. From Fescoe, to Danny, to the big show (I only really listen to 610 but from what I hear most of the 810 hosts are also on the Geno bandwagon), they're all on the Geno bandwagon. So of course they're going to pick callers they can argue with. Wouldn't be much of a show if 80% of the callers they picked all agreed with them.

Um, what?

You think they're staging the calls?

ROFL

htismaqe 02-04-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9377371)
Why wouldn't you? Like I said, it's the same reason a pro Matt Cassel thread on this forum would get 1000 replies. People pay more attention to things that they are against.

Facebook is the "common fans" forum. Take a look there.

-King- 02-04-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9377373)
Um, what?

You think they're staging the calls?

ROFL

No, but they do pick what calls they pick up.

NJChiefsFan 02-04-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9377298)

The majority of people that call in around here are jets fans. Jets fans ared not the majority fan base around here. Stations don't aspire for an even balance. They want what gives them ratings.

-King- 02-04-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9377379)
The majority of people that call in around here are jets fans. Jets fans ared not the majority fan base around here. Stations don't aspire for an even balance. They want what gives them ratings.

Exactly.

htismaqe 02-04-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9377379)

This isn't New York. There's only 1 team here.

htismaqe 02-04-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9377378)
No, but they do pick what calls they pick up.

I talk to casual fans every day, face to face and in other venues outside of this forum.

They are 10-to-1 in favor of getting Alex Smith and "that tackle everybody likes".

Rausch 02-04-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9377371)

Fair enough...

-King- 02-04-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9377396)
I talk to casual fans every day, face to face and in other venues outside of this forum.

They are 10-to-1 in favor of getting Alex Smith and "that tackle everybody likes".

Maybe you should reconsider the people you talk to then because it's the exact opposite for me. While they may not know exactly what QB they want to get, the people I talk to know that Albert is a good LT and we need a QB more than anything else.

NJChiefsFan 02-04-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9377393)
This isn't New York. There's only 1 team here.

The point isn't about teams . Its about two different opinions and that hearing one more than another on the radio isn't evidence of an actual majority. Now I should point out it doesn't disprove your theory of how many like the joeckel option. I don't have enough connection with the fan base to know. I'm just pointing out that I don't think u can use callers on radio as a poll.