ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***Official Draft Tyler Wilson Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263693)

B14ckmon 01-25-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gohogs14 (Post 9350841)
To be fair, the deep ball is his weakness as a passer. Hes really good on out routes, crossing routes and timing throws. But his deep balls arent as accurate or tend to flutter sometimes.

Yea him and the majority of the starting QBs in the NFL.

Sorter 01-25-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gohogs14 (Post 9350841)
To be fair, the deep ball is his weakness as a passer. Hes really good on out routes, crossing routes and timing throws. But his deep balls arent as accurate or tend to flutter sometimes.

http://youtu.be/HmkztQxfQkA?t=3m37s

B14ckmon 01-25-2013 03:04 PM

His deep passes have really only been bad this past season. I would imagine it's mostly due to his slight side-arm he has been using this year due to the hot garbage level of teammates he had around him.

keg in kc 01-25-2013 03:08 PM

Just what we need, another mult.

RunKC 01-25-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9350861)

That pass at 7:28. Wow.

I love this kid.

Three7s 01-25-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9350963)
That pass at 7:28. Wow.

I love this kid.

That's a pick at the next level. Throwing into double coverage=bad idea.

ToxSocks 01-25-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 9351030)

Maybe...Maybe not.

It's not like NFL players are any less prone to being out of position or simply not making the play. That kind of play occurs in the NFL a lot actually.

Hell, Look no further than the Denver playoff game.

NewChief 01-25-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9351040)
Maybe...Maybe not.

It's not like NFL players are any less prone to being out of position or simply not making the play. That kind of play occurs in the NFL a lot actually.

Hell, Look no further than the Denver playoff game.

Right. Highlight reel throws are often super close to being picks or dangerous throws. That's what makes people cream over them and say, "He threaded that ball in there perfectly." Actually... he made a dangerous freaking throw and it came out okay for him.

Reminds me of watching Favre play (who I love) and seeing him throwing the ball at his receiver's feet. The announcers would say, "He put that ball where no one else could get it!" When if it were anyone other than Favre, they'd say, "He's not getting his receiver's a chance to run after the catch. He needs to hit them in stride."

Chiefnj2 01-25-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 9351030)

Similar to Geno's endzone throw into triple coverage against OU

ChiefMojo 01-25-2013 04:47 PM

Wilson does have a little Favre in him in style. Wilson at times is not afraid to force the ball in there to make a play.

mcaj22 01-25-2013 04:49 PM

so Wilson is either going to be Brett Favre or Jay Cutler

ill take it

Chiefnj2 01-25-2013 05:03 PM

When it's all said and done, only 3 prospects really intrigue me, and they are all vastly different.

Smith - Best combination of motion, release and arm strength. Good long ball, very good accuracy on first reads.

Wilson - Has the "it" factor. Nothing is pretty, but he can make necessary throws, scramble when necessary and is the best out of making something out of nothing and performing in the face of pressure.

Bray - Height coveted, not a scrambler at all but has a cannon of an arm and makes some beautiful downfield throws, lots of upside.

htismaqe 01-25-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9351091)
When it's all said and done, only 3 prospects really intrigue me, and they are all vastly different.

Smith - Best combination of motion, release and arm strength. Good long ball, very good accuracy on first reads.

Wilson - Has the "it" factor. Nothing is pretty, but he can make necessary throws, scramble when necessary and is the best out of making something out of nothing and performing in the face of pressure.

Bray - Height coveted, not a scrambler at all but has a cannon of an arm and makes some beautiful downfield throws, lots of upside.

Good write-up.

silver5liter 01-25-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9351091)

Downside of Wilson is his concussions

RunKC 01-25-2013 05:31 PM

Great quote from Aaron Rodgers E60 interview.

Why do you think people didn't believe in you?

Rodgers-"Far too much to much weight is put into your height, your weight, your 40 time, your bench press. The things you can't measure: your character, your confidence, your mental thougness, your physical toughness. Not as much weight is put into that."

Fortunately the Packers obviously saw those features that teams didn't. Glad to have Dorsey here. Can see this philosophy being used to pick Tyler Wilson.