ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Austin Reiter starting at C (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318459)

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-08-2018 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 13879042)
According to Von Miller we have the best tackle combo in the league.

Admittedly I don't pay that much attention to the fatty unit, but I'll take that.

Hog's Gone Fishin 11-08-2018 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13879011)
I've repeatedly ripped Heck up one side and down the other, but I'm now willing to eat a nice plate of humble pie... the other Andy has done an excellent job of juggling his way through injuries

And as Cave noted, whatever voodoo spell he has placed on Cam Erving has been nothing short of remarkable... the guy was 100% ass, yet he has somehow turned my biggest O line worry into something I feel soooooo much better about now

That former 1st round bust may well be the long term answer at LG

If you watch him play he has been absolutely great and he's always there to push the pile. LG is solid now as long as he stays healthy.

Easy 6 11-08-2018 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 13879036)
I'm not surprised at all that we have a good culture for O-line here considering Reid's past.
I AM surprised however that we don't have an all-world O-line by now though, considering Reid's past.

Not that we actually need one, just sayin'.

Agreed about the general culture

The head coach and overall system (gm mostly, scouting, ownership) is now in its 5th plus year, there is much to be said about institutional consistency... they've had all of that time to sniff out and groom the Deveys and Wileys etc etc etc

Its no all world group for sure, but they do seem to function pretty well together no matter who is in there this year... I'm giving Mahomes 70% credit for how things look, personnel/coaching 30%

Mahomes makes his line look better, just like all the other greats

Hog's Gone Fishin 11-08-2018 06:59 PM

It's similar to NE now. They never have any well known names on the OL but Brady just always has forever to throw.

Easy 6 11-08-2018 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13879060)
If you watch him play he has been absolutely great and he's always there to push the pile. LG is solid now as long as he stays healthy.

When Cam wrapped that blitzing Steeler LB up with only his right arm and almost choke slammed him to the ground, that definitely got my attention

And he has only gotten more consistent and better looking since then

Weird looking dude for guard, not much fat on him at all, he is a little light in the bucket but that probably helps with the athleticism Reid covets... yet he still has the torso strength to really maul people at times

Direckshun 11-09-2018 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13879088)
It's similar to NE now. They never have any well known names on the OL but Brady just always has forever to throw.

It's not coincidental, either, that our offensive line magically became Top Ten when Mahomes started.

Mahomes stretches the field, keeps defenses honest, and lightens the pressure on the OL.

That's only going to get better as he gets more experience, and figures how to navigate a pocket even better.

If it were me, I think you trade LDT. I wonder if a team would offer you a conditional 2020 2nd for him based on his health for 2019. If he was healthy right now he'd be a Pro Bowl candidate and easily worth a 2nd to many teams in the league. If you're impatient, you could just net a 3rd for him right now in 20 seconds.

And, yeah, you definitely let Morse walk. He's probably going to retire anyway, after this concussion.

RealSNR 11-09-2018 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 13879943)
It's not coincidental, either, that our offensive line magically became Top Ten when Mahomes started.

Mahomes stretches the field, keeps defenses honest, and lightens the pressure on the OL.

That's only going to get better as he gets more experience, and figures how to navigate a pocket even better.

If it were me, I think you trade LDT. I wonder if a team would offer you a conditional 2020 2nd for him based on his health for 2019. If he was healthy right now he'd be a Pro Bowl candidate and easily worth a 2nd to many teams in the league. If you're impatient, you could just net a 3rd for him right now in 20 seconds.

And, yeah, you definitely let Morse walk. He's probably going to retire anyway, after this concussion.

I MIGHT consider that deal as LDT's extension wears on, similar to how the Patriots traded Logan Mankins.

But definitely not next year. If it's because Andrew Wylie is doing well, then also consider that Wylie will need a new deal after 2019. And well... he's a starting guard, and guards make...

You get the point.

RunKC 11-09-2018 08:48 AM

Let’s all take time to appreciate the fact that Dorsey cut Reiter, Ballard cut Wylie and Veach found them so Andy could make these guys quality starters.

KChiefs1 11-09-2018 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 13879042)
According to Von Miller we have the best tackle combo in the league.

He’d know.

smithandrew051 11-09-2018 08:53 AM

Reiter was interviewed by SJS and Bukatey this morning.

Very well spoken guy and sounds like he has a great understanding of the offense. I think his intellect has helped us avoid any major letdown along the line. He understands the offense so well that we’re able to avoid the miscommunications that typical come with changes at center.

Pitt Gorilla 11-09-2018 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13879962)
Let’s all take time to appreciate the fact that Dorsey cut Reiter, Ballard cut Wylie and Veach found them so Andy could make these guys quality starters.

Outstanding point.

pugsnotdrugs19 11-09-2018 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13879962)

OL seems to be one of those positions that is Veach’s scouting strength. So far anyways.

DJ's left nut 11-09-2018 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13880128)
OL seems to be one of those positions that is Veach’s scouting strength. So far anyways.

But weirdly, it seemed to be a strength of Dorsey's while he was here; LDT and Fulton were spectacular picks for where they were taken.

Is it really a strength of Veach or is Britt Reid coaching these guys up while Andy is doing a great job of scheming to their strengths and around their weaknesses?

Sure seems to be the latter at this point...

Skyy God 11-09-2018 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13880135)
But weirdly, it seemed to be a strength of Dorsey's while he was here; LDT and Fulton were spectacular picks for where they were taken.

Is it really a strength of Veach or is Britt Reid coaching these guys up while Andy is doing a great job of scheming to their strengths and around their weaknesses?

I think it’s far more likely Veach is finding OL that fit the scheme rather than Reid adjusting it for each individual pickup.

O.city 11-09-2018 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13880135)

Andy heck