ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals Cleveland Indians @ Kansas City Royals Game Thread (5/19) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=207855)

Chiefless 05-19-2009 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 5778328)
How does it make any sense at all to boo the other team for trying to take out your catcher? That would be about as reeruned as booing the other team for sacking your quarterback in football. Its his freaking JOB.

Agreed...booing the other team for that play is almost like cheering for them. I say cheer your team and ignore the other one as much as possible. Olivo deserves them for surviving a violent collision while holding onto the ball.

Stanley Nickels 05-19-2009 07:37 PM

You would've thought Hillman would pull Banny after seeing he had no control on his pitches, which is EXACTLY what got him in trouble last time.
Or after he walked the first batter.
Or after the second batter EASILY hit it right down the middle, where he was aiming.

That would make too much sense.

So why pull him after the inevitable two-run homer? Games over, I guess, huh Hillman??

alnorth 05-19-2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 5778361)
You would've thought Hillman would pull Banny after seeing he had no control on his pitches, which is EXACTLY what got him in trouble last time.
Or after the second batter EASILY hit it right down the middle, where he was aiming.

So why pull him after the inevitable two-run homer? Games over, I guess, huh Hillman??

Yep, he obviously should have pulled one of our best pitchers after 80-something pitches because he didnt throw well to 2 consecutive hitters. Thats something that anybody would have easily seen without the benefit of 20/20 hindsight.

I realize that hating Hillman is the cool thing to do these days, but sometimes... just sometimes the players lose the game and its not the manager's fault at all.

Mr. Krab 05-19-2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefless (Post 5778358)
Agreed...booing the other team for that play is almost like cheering for them. I say cheer your team and ignore the other one as much as possible. Olivo deserves them for surviving a violent collision while holding onto the ball.

How civil of you.

Can someone get this bloke a cup of tea please.

BAS 05-19-2009 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 5778361)

He has pitched reasonable for the 5th starter in the rotation. He also has pretty good command and not many walks.

This is a really bad complaint.STFU

DeezNutz 05-19-2009 07:40 PM

I'm frankly always amazed when Bannister doesn't give up the gopher ball.

Pioli Zombie 05-19-2009 07:41 PM

I've missed everything so far. Is Guillen playing on the warning track the whole game as usual?
Posted via Mobile Device

Stanley Nickels 05-19-2009 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 5778366)
Yep, he obviously should have pulled one of our best pitchers after 80-something pitches because he didnt throw well to 2 consecutive hitters. Thats something that anybody would have easily seen without the benefit of 20/20 hindsight.

I realize that hating Hillman is the cool thing to do these days, but sometimes... just sometimes the players lose the game and its not the manager's fault at all.

Clearly, I have a history of hating on Hillman. Glad you searched my post history.

Actually, if you know anything about me, you'd know I'm a huge managerial apologist. But if he had any sense-- and, for that matter, if you did-- he'd know that Banny starts losing control on his pitches around 80, and because of his style, that usually means the sixth inning.

But go ahead and chalk it up to 20/20 hindsight. Other team's managers dont.

WoodDraw 05-19-2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 5778366)

Thank you.

Who do you guys think Bannister is?

Bannister is good, but he's good in that he's a quality back of the line starter.

Hillman did nothing wrong; you guys all just think the Royals are a lot better than they are. There's nothing wrong with that, other than it's going to be a hell of a long season for some of you.

BAS 05-19-2009 07:42 PM

God I love Billy Butler. If someone else around him could do something, this could be good for us.

Let's get to the bullpen soon!

alnorth 05-19-2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 5778375)
Clearly, I have a history of hating on Hillman. Glad you searched my post history.

Actually, if you know anything about me, you'd know I'm a huge managerial apologist. But if he had any sense-- and, for that matter, if you did-- he'd know that Banny starts losing control on his pitches around 80, and because of his style, that usually means the sixth inning.

I didnt research you at all because I couldnt care less about whether or not you hated on Hillman in the past. It was a general observation and nothing changes the fact that leaving Bannister in wasnt some kind of mind-blowing stupid idea.

DeezNutz 05-19-2009 07:43 PM

Billy Butler has been impressive in the 3 hole.

Chiefless 05-19-2009 07:44 PM

Quote:

I get your point...But Banny has to get that straightened out and STAT.

WoodDraw 05-19-2009 07:44 PM

Quote:

PROVE IT! PROVE IT!

DeezNutz 05-19-2009 07:45 PM

Was anyone aware that Jacobs doesn't do too well against LHP?