ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Seattle getting another attempt at beating KC's noise record (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277466)

Hog's Gone Fishin 11-29-2013 09:27 AM

We need to go ahead and up the level Sunday to 150 . We have a great shot as there should be lots of amplification reflecting off the giant forehead at ground level.

Bowser 11-29-2013 09:32 AM

Seriously, just let them have it and be done with it. Chiefs fans have no reason to feel "less than" when it comes to being supportive. It's something of a minor miracle that we can even make the claim after the last 5 or so seasons of shit football we have to endure.

Seattle can have the official title if they want it.

007 11-29-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 10231858)
We need to go ahead and up the level Sunday to 150 . We have a great shot as there should be lots of amplification reflecting off the giant forehead at ground level.

Yeah, that won't happen. The crowd last week sucked ass until the last two minutes of the game and even that was kind of pathetic.

wazu 11-29-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10231861)
Seriously, just let them have it and be done with it. Chiefs fans have no reason to feel "less than" when it comes to being supportive. It's something of a minor miracle that we can even make the claim after the last 5 or so seasons of shit football we have to endure.

Agreed. You know that won't happen, though.

TEX 11-29-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10231861)

No they can't. I Don't understand anyone who feels this way but lots of folks do so maybe I'm wrong?...NO WAY! LOL!

Seriously, I've been to that stadium back when it was called "Quest Field", or something like that, and it's really like comparing apples to oranges in that there is a portion of it with a roof - it's like a semi-dome so it has an advantage over a totally open roof venue to begin with. It's a VERY nice stadium, with a fantastic view, but the feel is somewhat "techno."

007 11-29-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10232112)
No they can't. I Don't understand anyone who feels this way.

Because it is a stupid thing to care about. Just be loud. Guinness doesn't matter.

TribalElder 11-29-2013 12:41 PM

I hope they don't break the record just so they look stupid for trying ROFL

patteeu 11-29-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10232117)
Because it is a stupid thing to care about. Just be loud. Guinness doesn't matter.

Why are you so wrapped up on the Guinness part of this (you're not the only one)? The goal is to be as loud as possible and if you're the loudest, that's even better. Guinness just takes samples and publishes it's results.

I don't understand the hipsters who are too cool to be happy that Arrowhead and the Chiefs fans got some great publicity for setting this record. The best case will be if Seattle tries and fails to reclaim it, but I doubt that happens. Even if Seattle does reclaim the record, Arrowhead will still be recognized by a wider group of NFL fans as a loud stadium with a great fanbase because of this record than would have without it.

Hog's Gone Fishin 11-29-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10232117)

They're a bunch of morons though. They need some kind of incentive to motivate them. Helping us get a win is just not enough.

Redcoats58 11-29-2013 01:29 PM

It's not even the record for loudest stadium, it's for the loudest crowd roar at an outdoor stadium. If it was for loudest outdoor stadium Arrowhead holds it hands down. When we were going for the record the sustained sound at that game was unbelievable.

Phobia 12-02-2013 11:48 PM

Guess they officially beat it tonight. Can we put it to bed now?

hometeam 12-02-2013 11:49 PM

Raiders game the crowd was great.

Next two games, crowd was weak both times.

I didn't go to SD or DEN but you didn't see them struggling with crowd noise either.

What good is the record if you don't show up every game?

Bugeater 12-02-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 10245154)
Guess they officially beat it tonight. Can we put it to bed now?

Yes. Please lock this thread and ban anyone who starts another one.

cosmo20002 12-02-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10231183)
I agree with the comment about Guinness records being cheapened. They used to be a compendium of the biggest and greatest things on earth, but these days they seem to be more about stunts and manufactured events.

http://www.windsorstar.com/cars/face...g?size=640x420

Gravedigger 12-03-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10245162)

'MURICA!