ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 10 reasons why Denver will not win the SB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279134)

Red Dawg 12-05-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool Joe (Post 10249607)
Oh, but it is so different in the myopic world of DuckFaddy. Just like twenty years ago when a certain professional football team, that starts with a C, ends with an S and has a hief in the middle, spent $10,000,000.00 on four time Super Bowl winner, Joe Cool, and brought over high priced mercenary Marcus Allen from the beloved Raiders. DuckFaddy is still warm and fuzzy about all the hardware his team racked up when the CHIEFS TRIED TO BUY A TITLE.

Well I guess you could say we tried by getting Joe Montana but FA was very new then. Football has been the major sport with a real cap that made buying a title not possible. If it was possible then the Skins and Donkeys would be champs evey year. I would like it to stay that way where buying a title just doesn't happen. Manning can't beat Seattle any way.

vailpass 12-05-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 10251122)
Well I guess you could say we tried by getting Joe Montana but FA was very new then. Football has been the major sport with a real cap that made buying a title not possible. If it was possible then the Skins and Donkeys would be champs evey year. I would like it to stay that way where buying a title just doesn't happen. Manning can't beat Seattle any way.

:D:

GoChargers 12-05-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Football has been the major sport with a real cap that made buying a title not possible.

It's not really possible in basketball anymore either, especially under the new CBA. Just look at last year's Lakers or this year's Nets.

Mile High Mania 12-06-2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Wut? rochambeau

Pasta Little Brioni 12-06-2013 07:30 AM

Tuck my sneak into next year's top 101

Red Dawg 12-06-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 10251242)
It's not really possible in basketball anymore either, especially under the new CBA. Just look at last year's Lakers or this year's Nets.

But just a few years ago the Celtics and now the Heat have done it. Rockets are trying to do it and Lakers have done it before as well.

Simply Red 12-06-2013 07:50 AM

Denver has a very good shot to win it all this year - to say otherwise is silly.

Simply Red 12-06-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10251798)
Tuck my sneak into next year's top 101

I could do an independent roast thread for that guy!

FRCDFED 12-06-2013 08:05 AM

What's with all the smack talk from the nOoBs in this thread? CP has gotten weak.:rolleyes: