ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs at Colts playoff game discussion thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280048)

MahiMike 12-30-2013 02:02 PM

Seriously contemplating driving 14 hours to Indy this Friday. Would feel like 24 hours driving back if we lose.

Tombstone RJ 12-30-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10321996)
He should be neg repped all to hell.

The past three super bowl champs, all limped into the playoffs.

Whatever. KC has not played we'll against teams with good QBs. Maybe that will change in the playoffs, but maybe not.

Tombstone RJ 12-30-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10321993)
Its going to be a beautiful day indeed when osweiller takes over, all of your smarmy ass comments are going to be shoved down your throat tenfold... the fact that you're still in the green baffles me, this place has gotten soft.

They are snarky comments you twit. :p

Mav 12-30-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10322022)
Whatever. KC has not played we'll against teams with good QBs. Maybe that will change in the playoffs, but maybe not.

Well, while what you say is true, kind of. They did play well against Romo, and played well against Rivers yesterday, but the Giants lost to the Patriots in the regular season in 2007, before beating them in the playoffs.

It is very hard, to beat an opponent twice in such a short period of time.

yes, Denver did it against the Chiefs, but really, the Chiefs played so poorly, and far below full strength, that its hard to imagine them playing that poorly again.

I think maybe you are underestimating the return of Houston, and Albert.

Mav 12-30-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

OH, and maybe Peyton Manning wont choke in the playoffs, or, maybe he will.

Ill take recent history, you know, the last three super bowl champs limping in, and Peyton Mannings propensity to choke like a bitch in the playoffs, over your arrogant takes.

Deal?

SeeingRed 12-30-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10322034)
Well, while what you say is true, kind of. They did play well against Romo, and played well against Rivers yesterday, but the Giants lost to the Patriots in the regular season in 2007, before beating them in the playoffs.

yes, Denver did it against the Chiefs, but really, the Chiefs played so poorly, and far below full strength, that its hard to imagine them playing that poorly again.

When the Giants lost to the Pats in last week of regular season the Pats were undefeated and came VERY close to losing to the Giants that game...gave the Giants confidence going in. So not sure that is the best example of a team limping into playoffs. :doh!: BUT having said that I felt for sure coming within inches of beating a playoff team with our backups while resting up our starters was a HUGE win for us going in and negates our sub par performance against Indy last week, which we now have a good chance to revenge

Tombstone RJ 12-30-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10322034)

Fair enough, I guess we will find out soon enough.

Tombstone RJ 12-30-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10322040)
OH, and maybe Peyton Manning wont choke in the playoffs, or, maybe he will.

Ill take recent history, you know, the last three super bowl champs limping in, and Peyton Mannings propensity to choke like a bitch in the playoffs, over your arrogant takes.

Deal?

I'm more worried about the Broncos defense than Manning.

BossChief 12-30-2013 03:07 PM

Damn. Tickets went up significantly.

The same seats that were 85 bucks last night are going for 125 now.

FringeNC 12-30-2013 03:18 PM

The bad offensive line showed up last game against Indy. If it shows up again, we'll lose. Who's starting?

ViperVisor 12-30-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 10322272)
The bad offensive line showed up last game against Indy. If it shows up again, we'll lose. Who's starting?

It was OK. They were getting a push for Charles before they limited his carries. They just looked bad in pass protection compared to how long Luck had plenty of room and time to throw.

chiefzilla1501 12-30-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

They looked good against luck on defense. Don't let the score fool you. And when we had Hali and Houston, we frustrated the hell out of rivers. I'm not worried about our D. I still believe these games all depend on whether which version of Alex smith we will see. The efficient version, or the three and out version.

Frosty 12-30-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10322301)
They looked good against luck on defense.

... as long as Robinson wasn't in. Luck picked on Robinson throughout that game.

I never did find out why Robinson was even in that game after barely seeing the field after being yanked in the Giants game. :shrug: He's a complete liability and either Cooper or Parker are a much better option at this point.

chiefzilla1501 12-30-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 10322391)
... as long as Robinson wasn't in. Luck picked on Robinson throughout that game.

I never did find out why Robinson was even in that game after barely seeing the field after being yanked in the Giants game. :shrug: He's a complete liability and either Cooper or Parker are a much better option at this point.

I thought Robinson did fine. I imagine he was in the game because Indy has faster receivers. I'd be ok with seeing if Parker could do the same job even better.

Luck had the most success with screens and runs where we tripped all over ourselves. We can fix those problems by replacing Lewis with demps, and Houston is going to help us immensely because he offers a far more well rounded game than zombo. Most importantly, wrapping up and tackling.

Frosty 12-30-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10322410)
I thought Robinson did fine. I imagine he was in the game because Indy has faster receivers. I'd be ok with seeing if Parker could do the same job even better.

My recollection of the game was Luck constantly burning Robinson to keep drives alive. The one time he made a decent play, Poe drew a taunting penalty. :doh!: