ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc States and bias (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290642)

srvy 02-16-2015 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 11329450)
Philly Cheesesteaks are way overrated.

Agreed! I often wonder how many Heimlich maneuvers have been used because of this trash sammy.

TimBone 02-16-2015 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 11330204)
Hey Tim Bone. That thur Super Dum is the finest art in the land!

Not shitting you, the guy used to go on and on about how the Saints fans were the best and most loyal fans in the NFL.

TimBone 02-16-2015 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 11330196)
I don't know where else they have them, but BJs Brewhouse has the best root beer anywhere. They brew it fresh, and it comes in a chilled mug no ice. So flipping good!
Always want to bring some home and mix with that 100 proof root beer vodka but I haven't yet.

Somebody recommended Dad's Root Beer to me a few years ago. I like it because it has a hint of mint flavor to it.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-17-2015 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 11330881)
Not shitting you, the guy used to go on and on about how the Saints fans were the best and most loyal fans in the NFL.

ROFL Dude probably had a bag over his head at games pre Brees.

Amnorix 02-17-2015 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11328705)
**** New England. I hope the next major hurricane rapes everything in sight from Philadelphia to ****ing Portland, ME.

This boiling hatred is strange. If I were to take some of these posts literally, then the East Coast and/or West Coast (less often, but sometimes) ranks right up there with ISIS in terms of getting CP love.

I've never in my life thought "I wish a ****ing tornado would just wipe out" ANYPLACE in the U.S. And you're one of more rational posters on this board.

:shrug:

Amnorix 02-17-2015 10:44 AM

I went to Nashville on business. I'm a big fan of BBQ and the other guy I was down there with also liked it. We could've hit any one of the places IN Nashville, but no, I had to have the bright idea of asking a local where HE would go. He sends us on a trek nearly an hour outside the city to deeep bum-f-ville Tennessee. Went past like 20 churches with HUGE lit up crosses (not something remotely common in the Northeast).

The BBQ was meh, the corn bread was actually VERY different from what we call corn bread up here (and not in a good way), and the whole thing nowhere near worth the time and trouble.

Would like to try KC BBQ sometime. Not sure I'll ever actually GO to KC however so...

BucEyedPea 02-17-2015 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 11330623)
Agreed! I often wonder how many Heimlich maneuvers have been used because of this trash sammy.

I could make a better one at home and if I did I keep the meat pink at least instead of gray.

The Franchise 02-17-2015 11:12 AM

This turned into a food thing.....but I'm originally from South Dakota.

Mount Rushmore and Wall Drug are the most overrated piles of shit out there.

"Oh you're from South Dakota....so you go to Mount Rushmore every weekend, right?"

Rain Man 02-17-2015 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant (Post 11331420)

"Oh you're from South Dakota....so you go to Mount Rushmore every weekend, right?"

Mount Rushmore is an abomination to nature. No offense.

The Franchise 02-17-2015 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 11331442)
Mount Rushmore is an abomination to nature. No offense.

It's a ****ing tourist trap....at best. Wow....let's go look at some faces on the side of a mountain.

TimBone 02-17-2015 11:26 AM

Quote:

I've never understood the fascination with Mount Rushmore.

If I happened to be driving by it, I might glance out of the window, but I would never set out on a trip solely to see it.

BucEyedPea 02-17-2015 11:40 AM

I loved my trip to Mt Rushmore—LOVED IT! Flew to Iowa to see in-laws in Boone—then drove using the MIL's car. Passed through the Badlands too.

I guess it's like doing the Freedom Trail in Boston. I loved right up the street from USS Constitution in the naval shipyard and never got on it until in-laws visited and insisted. I lived on frikkin Bunker Hill street even and didn't go see it. Only did the Freedom Trail just before I moved—just to say I did it and cause I knew it'd be harder to do once I moved out of the area.

I would occasionally bump into the re-enactments at Lexington and Concord in spring but I'd be cussing out the traffic and the detours instead. Ha!

cdcox 02-17-2015 11:40 AM

If you want a good cheese steak go to Lenny's deli and order it with everything, especially the pepper relish. It transforms the experience.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-17-2015 11:41 AM

Quote:

Every time I've seen those stupid "Where in the world is Wall Drug" bumper stickers I've asked out loud, who ****ing cares?

BucEyedPea 02-17-2015 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 11331471)
If you want a good cheese steak go to Lenny's deli and order it with everything, especially the pepper relish. It transforms the experience.

Where's that?

When I worked just outside Philly in Penn, we were given the name of the best place for a cheese steak in the city. Boy what a disappointment. Tho' I'm still glad to have gone there and tried one.