ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The 4-3 Under and Current Personnel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320889)

Hoover 01-26-2019 11:10 AM

Is Anthony Barr a bum? Yeah not many sacks but I always thought he was a good OLB for the Vikings

Chargem 01-26-2019 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14074145)
Is Anthony Barr a bum? Yeah not many sacks but I always thought he was a good OLB for the Vikings

He's an off the ball linebacker, I wouldn't care about sacks. Not sure why he is in the bum category either, guess he isn't premium though.

Mecca 01-26-2019 12:16 PM

Anthony Barr is a solid player for a 4-3, he's big and has a lot of athletic ability.

If you signed him on a solid deal he'd be a good fit for the sam backer position and then you could save some money getting rid of other guys.

Chargem 01-26-2019 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14074242)
Anthony Barr is a solid player for a 4-3, he's big and has a lot of athletic ability.

If you signed him on a solid deal he'd be a good fit for the sam backer position and then you could save some money getting rid of other guys.

Former top 10 pick though, he got paid $12.3m last year on his 5th year option. Think that's off the table.

Mecca 01-26-2019 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargem (Post 14074288)
Former top 10 pick though, he got paid $12.3m last year on his 5th year option. Think that's off the table.

Off ball backers rarely get paid massive coin now days, we'll see though.

mcaj22 01-26-2019 12:41 PM

I put Barr in the lesser tier cause his play fell off this year

A) he was a liability this season
B) got outplayed by a younger guy
C) He is was injured, most likely playing injured.

But a combo of those things made me believe he could be fools gold if you overpay for his services.

mcaj22 01-26-2019 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14074002)
a lot of the guys in your premium list are unlikely to reach free agency, at least without a tag.
Trey Flowers might, just because the Patriots don't shell out big money for anyone not named Brady.
Brandon Graham might, and he'd be a nice fit for a year or two. Thomas, same thing. Honey Badger...? maybe. Landon Collins I'd love but I don't know that we could afford it. A lot of your dumpster dive picks might be nice placekeepers until draftees were up to speed.

Who on that list is getting the tag?

Frank Clark and Grady Jarrett? Joyner was tagged this year there is no way they are tagging a safety two years in a row. Kwon is definitely hitting FA.

Hoover 01-26-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 14074303)
I put Barr in the lesser tier cause his play fell off this year

A) he was a liability this season
B) got outplayed by a younger guy
C) He is was injured, most likely playing injured.

But a combo of those things made me believe he could be fools gold if you overpay for his services.

yeah had a hammy or something. Got killed by Gurley early in the season.

Also read that he wants to be an OLB in the 3/4 - which means sacks = cash.

Chris Meck 01-26-2019 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14074409)
yeah had a hammy or something. Got killed by Gurley early in the season.

Also read that he wants to be an OLB in the 3/4 - which means sacks = cash.

yeah, well I want a solid gold toilet, but it's just not in the cards, is it, baby?

Hoover 01-26-2019 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14074417)
yeah, well I want a solid gold toilet, but it's just not in the cards, is it, baby?

Oh I agree. I thought it was odd. I was thinking he would be a good drab for us.

scho63 01-26-2019 11:43 PM

How do some of you guys find the time to know about so many players, both college and pro?

Fantasy sports?
College devotee?
Just love the ins and out of football?

I've never had that depth of knowledge no matter how much I watched any sport. God bless you guys for your fanaticism.

jaa1025 01-27-2019 12:38 AM

WDE--Ford
3TDT--Jones (Think Donald) Only has one gap to occupy/Hamilton
1TDT--Nnadi/Williams (Nose Guard type)
SDE--Speaks/Kpass

SLB--???
MLB--Hitchens (much better fit than ILB 3-4)
WLB--DoD (born for this position)

I'm not sure if putting Houston at the SLB position is worth the huge cap. I'd rather have the cap space so they will need to fill that and get some depth at all 3 LB positions. If Bailey wants a cheap deal then he could rotate in at the 3T or SDE postion IMO.

The front 7 I feel is much better suited for this than Sutton's scheme. This could be a surprisingly good defense next year. If they can get depth and fill out the backside of that defense, they will jump into the teens.

Chris Meck 01-27-2019 03:41 AM

What if Veach goes full Madden here?

Cuts Houston, tags and Trades Ford? That's a lot of savings, enough for two solid FA pickups.

Grabs a SAM and a DE in FA better suited for this defense.

I'm not certain he will, and I don't know how I feel about it, just considering.

I mean, what would Belichick do? He'd have never signed those contracts in the first place, but he'd sure as **** say goodbye to both.

Chargem 01-27-2019 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14075321)
What if Veach goes full Madden here?

Cuts Houston, tags and Trades Ford? That's a lot of savings, enough for two solid FA pickups.

Grabs a SAM and a DE in FA better suited for this defense.

I'm not certain he will, and I don't know how I feel about it, just considering.

I mean, what would Belichick do? He'd have never signed those contracts in the first place, but he'd sure as **** say goodbye to both.

I mean if you lose both Ford and Houston, you probably need to go big on an FA beast at DE, like a big splash like Flowers or Ansah or Lawrence if those guys hit FA. To me the question is essentially would you rather have Houston for $21m in 2019 (with a chance he restructures a bit) or would you rather have Lawrence for $28m (including the dead cap from Houston).

Chris Meck 01-27-2019 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargem (Post 14075325)
I mean if you lose both Ford and Houston, you probably need to go big on an FA beast at DE, like a big splash like Flowers or Ansah or Lawrence if those guys hit FA. To me the question is essentially would you rather have Houston for $21m in 2019 (with a chance he restructures a bit) or would you rather have Lawrence for $28m (including the dead cap from Houston).

Maybe, but not neccesarily. One of the older vets that still has something left in the tank plus a draftee works too. Like a Brandon Graham on a couple year deal, something like that. Then a draftee to be depth and get coached up to take that spot next year or the year after. ( I don't know what Graham's deal will be, just throwing a name out.)

I've been thinking about The Patriots, who've managed a team with a GOAT type QB for so long and how they do it. They rarely do big deals, they just draft, develop, draft, develop.