ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Terez Paylor's Chiefs' Draft Needs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=330659)

Chieftain 04-18-2020 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poolboy (Post 14916152)
cbs mock has
1.Delpit
2. Cushinberry
3. Z. Moss

I like #2 and #3 but Delpit doesn't make much sense since he is a safety and we already have two quality safeties.
A guy like Gladney would make a lot more sense since we are thin on talent at the CB position. A Gladney - Cushenberry - Moss as your top 3 would be one hell of a draft.

Couch-Potato 04-18-2020 09:07 PM

Just finished The Draft Networks Mock Simulator and feel it was pretty accurate:

1. Murray ILB
2. Hall CB
3. Moss RB
4. Bredson IOL
5. Gandy-Golden WR

Buckweath 04-18-2020 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14916142)
I don’t see the Chiefs ever drafting an IOL in the first rd under Andy Reid. He’s gotten quality play from other resources outside the first rd. Morse 2nd rd, LDT and Fulton 6th rd, Reiter off the street. Get these guys in the mid rds and develop.
Perfect example is Cameron Clark. We’ve shown a lot of interest in him. Very good body frame and athleticism just like LDT.

Andy always drafts first rd players that are hard to find or obtain in FA. Pass rushers, LT, QB or coverage players.

If I was a betting man, I’d say a coverage player of some sort will be the pick (LB/DB) while pass rusher is a possibility.

I don’t think RB is gonna happen early. I see 63 being a RB due to teams splurging on these WR’s, OL, LB’s and DB’s. I think someone like Akers will be there.

Pretty much how I see things.

Buckweath 04-18-2020 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 14916177)
Veach is an ex-WR that aggressively went after Watkins then paid Hill.

This team is built on WRs and passing...and supplying Mahomes with top-quality weapons.

If there is one there he likes and thinks has fallen...I dont think he would hesitate. Chiefs will never skimp on WRs as long as he is the GM.

I 100% thought Watkins was a goner this season....nope. Even being cash strapped... they gave him $16 million this year (if he hits his incentives)

I guess you feel more comfortable going with Hill/Hardman than they do...

It depends on what their long-term plans are for Sammy...if they plan on keeping him, then they probably wouldn't draft one at #32.

My guess is they are going to need that money next year...

I very strongly believe that there is no chance that they draft a WR at #32.

The draft is super deep at that position.

They have already their established top 4 WRs for next year.

They already have what looks likely to be their 1WR in Hill and 2WR in Hardman for the next few years.

If they draft a WR it will likely be round 3 or later but they could very well not draft one before next year.

dtrain 04-18-2020 10:44 PM

A lot of people say that the interior oline is terrible how can a running back fix the running game? If there are no holes to run thru more times than not there is nothing the back can do and if the runner can make something happen with no holes he won't be around when the Chiefs draft. If the line is opening holes pretty much any back can make yards. If Murray or Queen aren't there at 32 try and trade back draft
someone to play right guard 2-5 and depending on how many picks are obtained maybe a center. Fisher, Rankin, Reiter, draftee, Schwartz. Algrettie (spelling?) is still her after a year of learning who could possibly play center.

BlackOp 04-19-2020 01:19 AM

I'm not sure why CP is fixated on KC drafting a center @ #32....they just beat (arguably) the best d-line in football to win a SB....with a terrible interior line (if you listen to this forum)

No one has ever won a championship because their center took over a game.....you can get one later in the draft.

If Mahomes were 34 and no longer mobile...yeah...maybe. Chiefs o-line is serviceable...

MahomesMagic 04-19-2020 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 14916344)
I'm not sure why CP is fixated on KC drafting a center @ #32....they just beat (arguably) the best d-line in football to win a SB....with a terrible interior line (if you listen to this forum)

No one has ever won a championship because their center took over a game.....you can get one later in the draft.

If Mahomes were 34 and no longer mobile...yeah...maybe. Chiefs o-line is serviceable...

Elite centers are huge difference makers. They might not get the credit in fantasy football but in real football they matter.

Abba-Dabba 04-19-2020 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 14916365)
Elite centers are huge difference makers. They might not get the credit in fantasy football but in real football they matter.

That isn't saying much.

So are elite LT's. So are elite DT's. So are elite QB's. So are elite WR's. So are elite any thing.

There is a reason why it is called elite. Elite players are difference makers, period. Regardless of their position.

Skyy God 04-19-2020 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 14916344)

CP wanted Cam Erving in 2015.

It's what we do.

Skyy God 04-19-2020 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 14916365)

Chiefs tend to let their elite centers walk lately, suggesting Andy doesn't highly value the position.

Chris Meck 04-19-2020 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e3263518 (Post 14916192)
I like #2 and #3 but Delpit doesn't make much sense since he is a safety and we already have two quality safeties.
A guy like Gladney would make a lot more sense since we are thin on talent at the CB position. A Gladney - Cushenberry - Moss as your top 3 would be one hell of a draft.

I like Gladney a lot, too.

I wouldn't discount taking a safety though; remember that we have shown a preference for versatility. Other than the outside CB's, we don't really line up in a traditional set so much as put guys on the field with versatile skillsets.

It's kind of like....we have linemen, we have linebackers, and we have defensive backs.

A guy like Jeremy Chinn, for example might be a real interesting chess piece; sort of a Honey Badger that is a LB/S hybrid to go with Mathieu's S/CB hybrid.

Chris Meck 04-19-2020 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 14916377)
Chiefs tend to let their elite centers walk lately, suggesting Andy doesn't highly value the position.

I think If Morse tended to stay healthy, he'd still be here.

I think Fulton wasn't quite as mobile as Reid would prefer.

I think Reiter is not nearly as good as either.

Just my thoughts.

Chris Meck 04-19-2020 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 14916372)
That isn't saying much.

So are elite LT's. So are elite DT's. So are elite QB's. So are elite WR's. So are elite any thing.

There is a reason why it is called elite. Elite players are difference makers, period. Regardless of their position.

well, picking at #32, you may have to go to an unsexy position to grab an elite player. The OT's, DT's, QB's and WR's considered elite are all gone.

But an elite fatty is still an elite player, and can have a big effect on your offense.

I'm not picking a hill to die on, I trust Veach and Reid to make the call. I'm just saying we've got playmakers all over. One more playmaker may not make that much difference, but a stud offensive lineman could make more of a difference than people think.

duncan_idaho 04-19-2020 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14916474)
well, picking at #32, you may have to go to an unsexy position to grab an elite player. The OT's, DT's, QB's and WR's considered elite are all gone.

But an elite fatty is still an elite player, and can have a big effect on your offense.

I'm not picking a hill to die on, I trust Veach and Reid to make the call. I'm just saying we've got playmakers all over. One more playmaker may not make that much difference, but a stud offensive lineman could make more of a difference than people think.

Are Cesar Ruiz or Lloyd Cushenberry elite guys, though? Really? Doesn’t seem to be the consensus.

MahomesMagic 04-19-2020 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14916511)
Are Cesar Ruiz or Lloyd Cushenberry elite guys, though? Really? Doesn’t seem to be the consensus.

Consensus of who? Mock draft people? Sure.

I think it could very well be that NFL teams view the prospects differently.

Erik McCoy lasted until the 2nd last year and he looked like a great pick.

https://www.si.com/nfl/saints/editor...iew-erik-mccoy

I think Cushenberry might even be better than McCoy but the reason he isn't on your mock draft list is he jumped from last year to this year. Many of these lists favor guys that were already "supposed to be there" in the summer.

These same mock draft people said nothing about KJ Hamler and now every day I am seeing him on TV and suddenly getting featured on ESPN. Was he on the mock draft lists as an top prospect?! Nope. But someone at ESPN got told he's going high now.