ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life How long do you plan on wearing a mask in public? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=337543)

Bearcat 03-18-2021 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 15592321)
No political or religious post in this thread, please and thanks.

[extends noodly appendage], my sincerest apologies.

notorious 03-18-2021 03:45 PM

The Flying Spaghetti Monster is a pinko commie ****.

Lzen 03-18-2021 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 15591656)
LMAO

Why is this funny? Why is everyone piling on about this? It seems to me that if someone doesn't buy into what the 'people in charge' say the they must be a nutjob. Well, that's just being dumb, IMO.

I'll tell you about my situation. I have always been a science person. Hell, my line of work is science related. I have gotten all of my vaccinations over the years. I am not some anti-vaxxer. That being said, I don't plan to get this vaccine, at least not for a long time. This vaccine was pushed through very fast and we don't understand or know what will be the long term effects, positive or negative.

Someone mentioned in this thread that it's for the better of society and also made fun of jj. Well, I might agree except that the field of science has gotten very political recently. Not to mention that the liability has been removed by our brilliant 'people in charge'.

As for masks, I wear a mask where I have to but I will stop as soon as I can. For all of you mask lemmings, the data does not show that masks make a difference. And before anyone gets uptight about that comment, go to Tom Woods website. He has some really good information on this.

Lzen 03-18-2021 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15591838)
Yep... I'm low risk, so I've never worn one for my own well being. And now that I've had both shots, I care even less. A guy came over to the house a while back and wanted me to wear one for the ~10 minutes he was going to be there... so yeah, no problem. Another guy came over the other day and didn't care, so I didn't either.

Same for some of the shops and stuff around here that don't care... and if there are people around with masks, I'll put one on.

That's the way I am about this. I always wear one in public places. I have gone into places that looked at me like I was nuts for having a mask. I have started to realize that there are a lot more people than I knew that are sick and tired of the masks and don't really care any more.

Imon Yourside 03-18-2021 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 15591344)
I hope that people that are sick in the future throw a mask on as courtesy to others.

Who am I kidding? People are assholes.

Nah just stay the F home like you should always be doing when you're sick.

Imon Yourside 03-18-2021 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15592258)
The difference being that anyone wearing a mask in their car for whatever reason is still clearly putting more effort towards getting back to normal than the person crying about the importance of needing to get back to normal while contributing absolutely nothing (or a net negative) to that cause (just a wild guess!).

I could pray every night to the Flying Spaghetti Monster while wearing 75 masks and it would probably be more productive towards that cause you so desperately want for nothing.

You're welcome!

I know the type that wear masks alone in their cars, they were the kids in Gym that pulled down their pants to take a piss and got kicked into the urinal.

notorious 03-18-2021 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 15592430)
Nah just stay the F home like you should always be doing when you're sick.

I agree, but our society is weird about sickness. You have people that will work through hell and try to hide it, and you have people that will take a week off if they sneeze once.

I'm just asking that if you have to get shit done, wear a mask while you are sick.

sedated 03-18-2021 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 15592428)
That's the way I am about this. I always wear one in public places. I have gone into places that looked at me like I was nuts for having a mask. I have started to realize that there are a lot more people than I knew that are sick and tired of the masks and don't really care any more.

That's odd to hear, from my experience.

I went to Iowa a couple weeks ago right after the mask mandate was lifted (from what I was told). 95% of the people were still wearing masks, to the point that seeing someone without one caused a double-take.

sedated 03-18-2021 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 15592460)
I agree, but our society is weird about sickness. You have people that will work through hell and try to hide it, and you have people that will take a week off if they sneeze once.

I'm just asking that if you have to get shit done, wear a mask while you are sick.

That is the biggest change IMHO - people have FINALLY realized that fighting through a sickness can actually affect other people.

I remember a co-worker a few years ago boasting about how she was toughing out a cold. I had a vacation coming up and let it slip that if she got me sick for my trip I would be pissed as ****. 20 minutes later she left for the day.

Fish 03-18-2021 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 15592378)
Why is this funny? Why is everyone piling on about this? It seems to me that if someone doesn't buy into what the 'people in charge' say the they must be a nutjob. Well, that's just being dumb, IMO.

I'll tell you about my situation. I have always been a science person. Hell, my line of work is science related. I have gotten all of my vaccinations over the years. I am not some anti-vaxxer. That being said, I don't plan to get this vaccine, at least not for a long time. This vaccine was pushed through very fast and we don't understand or know what will be the long term effects, positive or negative.

Someone mentioned in this thread that it's for the better of society and also made fun of jj. Well, I might agree except that the field of science has gotten very political recently. Not to mention that the liability has been removed by our brilliant 'people in charge'.

As for masks, I wear a mask where I have to but I will stop as soon as I can. For all of you mask lemmings, the data does not show that masks make a difference. And before anyone gets uptight about that comment, go to Tom Woods website. He has some really good information on this.

Lacking trust in the vaccine's safety after it's passed the standard safety tests is being anti-vax.

The truth is that we know enough about the vaccine to declare it safe for the overwhelming majority. And it's proven to be so. A lot of people with zero scientific knowledge of how vaccines work are ignoring health experts' recommendations. Not because they have better science that challenges the knowledge already established. But because they've created some random frame of time for them to feel safe. "I'll let others take it before I risk it." Like that's meaningful in the slightest.

Science hasn't gotten political. Science is just science. Politicians are using science for political means more than ever. Which is causing an abundance of misinformation that people from both sides are just gobbling up. Leading to more and more mistrust in actual science.

For the record, I choose the same option as you regarding wearing one where I have to, yet you label me as a "Mask lemming." I'll never understand that.

Titty Meat 03-18-2021 04:56 PM

I dont wear masks

Spott 03-18-2021 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 15592432)
I know the type that wear masks alone in their cars, they were the kids in Gym that pulled down their pants to take a piss and got kicked into the urinal.

Those same kids now pee sitting down as adults.

Imon Yourside 03-18-2021 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 15592504)
Those same kids now pee sitting down as adults.

How do you know if you're a man? Well take it out and wack it against the Urinal, if it cracks you're a man! If not? Well you ain't full grown man yet.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-18-2021 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 15591802)
COVID-19 isn't the flu. And March 2020 says "Hi!!"

Go back to your cave

notorious 03-18-2021 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 15592476)
That is the biggest change IMHO - people have FINALLY realized that fighting through a sickness can actually affect other people.

I remember a co-worker a few years ago boasting about how she was toughing out a cold. I had a vacation coming up and let it slip that if she got me sick for my trip I would be pissed as ****. 20 minutes later she left for the day.

****in' A.