ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Daniel Sorensen Is A Liability (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=340188)

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-11-2021 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15889001)
Hog I like you but that comment wants me to tell you to **** off.

LMAO

Sassy Squatch 10-11-2021 07:52 PM

Has anyone hacked 'dirtymormon49@hotmail.com'? Maybe we can find some spicy emails there.

ping2000 10-11-2021 07:53 PM

Can someone review Dan's emails? Maybe there is something in there that could get him cut.

smithandrew051 10-11-2021 07:53 PM

Issorensengoneyet dot com

smithandrew051 10-11-2021 07:54 PM

Does Dirty Dan like his butthole oiled and forcibly massaged? I sure hope so!

MahomesMagic 10-11-2021 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15888942)
Your defense is that Sorensen fits the scheme better? Holy shit.

I don't want Sorenson at safety.

I'm trying to figure out why Spags prefers him.

ping2000 10-11-2021 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15889144)

Dan has Spag's emails.

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-11-2021 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15889144)

Maybe because he's smarter than you and realizes Sorenson is his best option.

DJ's left nut 10-11-2021 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 15889229)
Maybe because he's smarter than you and realizes Sorenson is his best option.

I believe Spags and Andy have forgotten more about football than I could know in a dozen lifetimes.

I also believe nobody is immune to blind spots born of inertia and/or loyalty.

I cannot come up with a single cogent rationale for the conclusion that Dan Sorensen is the best option to play safety in base sets for this football team.

Its no different than being absolutely sure that Scott Pioli knew more about football than I do but he simply could not convince himself that Matt Cassel was a bad NFL quarterback. He had a blind spot. Sports in general are littered with brilliant people that fell victim to bias/blind spots. "He's been that guy before" or the ever popular 'great man' fallacy.

They understand the game better than I do, but they're also more prone to missing the forest for the trees because they simply can't get removed enough from it to see what's readily apparent to those of us that are less immersed and invested in it.

They're wrong here. Dan Sorensen should not be starting for this football team.

The Franchise 10-11-2021 08:56 PM

If the argument is that Thornhill misses tackles….then it’s no excuse. He’s more athletic than Sorenson. He’s a better deep safety. And you can’t say that he doesn’t fit the scheme because he excelled his rookie year.

Yeah Thornhill isn’t a LB/S hybrid but who the **** cares. Gay is back now.

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-11-2021 09:01 PM

Mabye it's all those plays he made in the playoffs . I mean he did single handidly get us through to both superbowls.

DJ's left nut 10-11-2021 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15889261)
If the argument is that Thornhill misses tackles….then it’s no excuse. He’s more athletic than Sorenson. He’s a better deep safety. And you can’t say that he doesn’t fit the scheme because he excelled his rookie year.

Yeah Thornhill isn’t a LB/S hybrid but who the **** cares. Gay is back now.

I think the argument was what I alluded to previously - a safety's job is to be the last line of defense; to make a bad play less bad. If a safety can keep an 8 yard run from turning into a 30 yard run, he's provided value. Think of what a problem Ron Parker was when he was making business decisions on every interior run play.

But here's the problem with that argument now. Let's assume for the sake of argument he's a better, more willing tackler than Thornhill - the juice is no longer worth the squeeze there. Sorensen is now cheating on routes. He recognizes his skills have diminished so he's taking shortcuts to keep from being exposed. He's biting on double moves, diving on play-fakes and taking himself out of position trying to make up for rapidly declining range.

He's now turning 15 yard pass plays into 60 yard pass plays.

He's unplayable. His strengths, such as they are, are simply outweighed by things he's doing to make up for his weaknesses.

They have to get him off the field.

Mama Hip Rockets 10-11-2021 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MGRS13 (Post 15884618)
If spags hates thornhill that much put watts in. Jesus Christ Sorensen should be selling insurance right now.

I know a lot of people idolize Sorensen, but this nickname is a bit over the top.

Mecca 10-11-2021 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15889241)
I believe Spags and Andy have forgotten more about football than I could know in a dozen lifetimes.

I also believe nobody is immune to blind spots born of inertia and/or loyalty.

I cannot come up with a single cogent rationale for the conclusion that Dan Sorensen is the best option to play safety in base sets for this football team.

Its no different than being absolutely sure that Scott Pioli knew more about football than I do but he simply could not convince himself that Matt Cassel was a bad NFL quarterback. He had a blind spot. Sports in general are littered with brilliant people that fell victim to bias/blind spots. "He's been that guy before" or the ever popular 'great man' fallacy.

They understand the game better than I do, but they're also more prone to missing the forest for the trees because they simply can't get removed enough from it to see what's readily apparent to those of us that are less immersed and invested in it.

They're wrong here. Dan Sorensen should not be starting for this football team.

This always happens, coaches/GMs her way to attached to players. You almost need to be sociopathic to properly evaluate talent.

Bl00dyBizkitz 10-11-2021 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 15889284)
Mabye it's all those plays he made in the playoffs . I mean he did single handidly get us through to both superbowls.

I agree about 2019, I don't know what the hell you're talking about last year.

Either way, that was then. This is now. And right now he's regressing. Hard.