ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chris Jones in Covid Protocol (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=341268)

splatbass 12-14-2021 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping2000 (Post 16008135)
99% of the population would probably test positive for Covid. This is so ****ing stupid. They all got the shots. Let them play. What is the ****ing point of all this stupid shit?

I've been tested 3 times over the course of a year and all 3 were negative, so I don't believe this is true.

Direckshun 12-14-2021 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 16008298)
If i'm ill and test positive, no.

Asymptomatic spread has been shown to be essentially zero last I looked, so I'm not sure what the issue is here.

You're a dentist, correct? You've said that publicly on this board. I'm also assuming you're vaccinated, but I don't think you've said that publicly.

Just to be clear, to make sure I understand you:

If you test positive for Covid 19, you're still going to report to the office for a full day's work if you're not feeling sick?

I feel like we're gravitating away from Chris Jones here but seeing as how you work in an office in my city, I want to get that clear.

Direckshun 12-14-2021 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 16008317)
The message that they send to the world? Shit, they ****ing run (and we all watch) a professional sports league where a large percentage of participants end up debilitated and with brain injuries by the time they are 40 years old. Is that a positive message for the world?

It is not.

Personally, I'd like to see that changed.

BleedingRed 12-14-2021 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 16008305)
Well, this is also false. Reinfection absolutely happens. I'd imagine it's pretty rare.

CDC doesn't have a single documented case, what is more likely is someone had a false positive either their first or second test.

So it's just no something that happens at a statistical rate. Natural Immunity has proven to be robust and long lasting.

Chiefspants 12-14-2021 01:10 PM

Welp, we’re off the rails.

ping2000 12-14-2021 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 16008306)
As a vaccinated person myself, I am routinely infuriated that roughly 40% of the people in my country are unvaccinated and prolonging this pandemic. But that's the reality of it. Healthcare policy comes first, my own personal entitlement comes second.

If 100% of people were vaccinated, people would still test positive. The virus can't be eradicated. It is a virus. It will continue to mutate. That's what viruses do. People might not get as sick, but they will still test positive. And we will still be dealing with this stupid policy. This never ends.

BleedingRed 12-14-2021 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 16008320)
I've been tested 3 times over the course of a year and all 3 were negative, so I don't believe this is true.

More likely you've just never had covid period. False positives are not "rare" with a PCR test.

KC_Connection 12-14-2021 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 16008287)
I hope these guys all get boosted before the playoffs.

I would encourage them all to do that, but getting boosted isn't going to stop anybody from getting Covid. Due to the silly system that the NFL has implemented (letting vaccinated people do whatever they want while also still continuing to test them frequently), the Chiefs are going to have an outbreak eventually and it is honestly better now than later.

Direckshun 12-14-2021 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping2000 (Post 16008328)
If 100% of people were vaccinated, people would still test positive. The virus can't be eradicated. It is a virus.

But the pandemic would be.

KC_Connection 12-14-2021 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 16008323)
It is not.

Personally, I'd like to see that changed.

What do you suggest? A touch football league? LMAO

BleedingRed 12-14-2021 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 16008333)
But the pandemic would be.

lol

80% people who have the new variant are vaccinated. Would you please demonstrate you have a lack of understanding more tho please?

Third Eye 12-14-2021 01:12 PM

Somebody should probably start a thread for the greater Covid conversation and we could leave this one for news related specifically to CJ95. Yeah, I know, I’m a dreamer.

htismaqe 12-14-2021 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 16008283)
Sure, yeah. But Chris Jones is still capable of spreading the disease in the building.

Are you dingleberries who are vaccinated still reporting to work when you test positive?

It's a common problem and was way before COVID.

My youngest daughter has been sick with a virus for a week. Fortunately, it isn't COVID but she was exposed at work by somebody that was worried about calling in sick.

That simply can't happen. Employees and employers alike need to be a little more lenient on what is acceptable.

It should even be a question - if you're sick, stay home, particularly if you have a fever. School children get sent home if they have a fever. That should be ubiquitous IMO.

Direckshun 12-14-2021 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 16008332)
I would encourage them all to do that, but getting boosted isn't going to stop anybody from getting Covid.

It boosts your antibody levels by 50%. So it's not nothing.

Third Eye 12-14-2021 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 16008326)
Welp, we’re off the rails.

Some people can’t help themselves. It’s like touching a sore tooth.