ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' Player Jevon Belcher involved in murder-suicide, shoots self at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267244)

Cannibal 12-01-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9167360)
The energy at Arrowhead has been toxic for awhile (see their home record) and I think that it would not be surprising if some of the players have been dealing with depression or other types of mental health issues. I'm not saying any of this caused Belcher's actions but to believe they were not ANY FACTOR AT ALL is not realistic.

You're a ****in tard.

Rausch 12-01-2012 12:06 PM

CP in with news 2.5 hours before the national media...

siberian khatru 12-01-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9167421)
You're a ****in tard.

Please don't quote her.

chiefzilla1501 12-01-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9167410)

That's easy to do in baseball, where double hitters are normal.

There's a lot of shit that gets thrown off if the Chiefs don't play this week. Again, not to be insensitive, but the game has to be played in a fair manner, period.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-01-2012 12:07 PM

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan

KC Mayor Sly James on the Chiefs: "They think there should be a game tomorrow."

RNR 12-01-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9167421)
You're a ****in tard.

A very strange person. Among the strangest I have ever encountered on the Internet~

Chiefspants 12-01-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9167417)
Guess you won't see this then.

http://www.jfponline.com/pages.asp?AID=8631

Yeah, this doesn't really provide any support for your analysis.

dirk digler 12-01-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9167381)
I think you'll see a reaction from the NFL much more severe than what the Spurs got. And I wouldn't blame the NFL for it, as insensitive as that sounds. Pretty sure the Chiefs know that this is not something they will want to do.

As long as it was just a monetary fine than I would go for it. It would be a PR disaster for the NFL though.

We shouldn't even talk about this though because it has zero chance of happening.

BigRedChief 12-01-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9167356)
BRC he must have read your tweet

@mellinger: Nothing like Twitter reaction to tragedy to remind everyone that 5% of the population are terrible human beings.

You are a sad pathetic little man. A victim of small penis syndrome?

Fat Elvis 12-01-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9167329)
Sorry man He killed his GF now his kid will be ****ed up the rest of his life.

The kid will be fine. It is too young to understand what happened. They are amazingly resilient, and, in all likelihood, will be raised in a loving home (i.e. grandparents).

Dayze 12-01-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shox (Post 9167036)
WOW. You should head up the FBI or something. You figured all this out sitting in your easy chair reading blogs for Chief Planet.

None of us now what provoked JBs actions. So shut up and show a little respect.

I am heading up the FBI, and after a thorough and lengthy investigation we concluded you're a douchbag of biblical proportions.

LMAO. Show a little respect.....wtf

You must be a mult. There is no way any real member could be more mentally challenged than you.

Sure-Oz 12-01-2012 12:10 PM

Apparently the game will go as scheduled from AP

FloridaMan88 12-01-2012 12:10 PM

Accoarding to ESPN News, the NFL has advised the Carolina Panthers GM for his team to travel to KC has regularly planned... appparently tomorrow's game is still on as regularly scheduled (at least for now).

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 12:10 PM

Heard through the grapevine that the game might be postponed.

Sure-Oz 12-01-2012 12:10 PM

AP is saying the game is going to go on as scheduled, accoring to what 41 action news juis said

Imon Yourside 12-01-2012 12:10 PM

Hugs and Prayers for all of Chiefs Nation, Only one way to go from here.

memyselfI 12-01-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9167430)
This doesn't really provide any support for your analysis.

I am not analyzing. I'm surmising like everyone else commenting on details we don't know about. I do know that support systems are huge component in suicide prevention and the lack of in risk. The article I linked stated that fact.

Rausch 12-01-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9167433)
The kid will be fine. It is too young to understand what happened. They are amazingly resilient, and, in all likelihood, will be raised in a loving home (i.e. grandparents).

Well, **** it then.

Let's play the game and move on...

RNR 12-01-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9167433)

Hopefully so~

ChiefsCountry 12-01-2012 12:11 PM

Imagine that the piece of trash known as Densie shows up. Stupid bitch.

BWillie 12-01-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9167311)
this is horrible. rip belch...I pray for your family and your child

I hope Belch burns in hell actually... if there was a hell

Canofbier 12-01-2012 12:11 PM

An interesting anecdote from the comments section on Deadspin:

Quote:

I used to be an EMT at UMaine. Where he went to school.

One night Javon got angry over a girl, and punched a window, the shards of glass cut his wrist, and completely severed his right thumb. When we pulled up on scene he was sitting on the sidewalk, a huge pool of blood around him. He passed out from loss of blood on the way to the ER.

We got him to the hospital in time to save the thumb, and I was always impressed to see him in the NFL. I would think "Hey, I had a part in this guy being alive, and part of the reason he's still able to catch a football!"

So much for that...
Not sure that this person should be sharing this information (doctor-patient confidentiality and all that), but if true, it gives us a little bit of insight into Belcher's personality.

Bowser 12-01-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus (Post 9167437)
Accoarding to ESPN News, the NFL has advised the Carolina Panthers GM for his team to travel to KC has regularly planned... appparently tomorrow's game is still on as regularly scheduled (at least for now).

They won't postpone it. The logistics and money involved will prohibit it. Just my opinion.

In58men 12-01-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9167432)

Read post 210 lol.

Who's pathetic?

FlaChief58 12-01-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9167153)
Rany Jazayerli ‏@jazayerli
So to recap: Javon Belcher thanked Scott Pioli and Romeo Crennel, then shot himself in the head in front of them. I don't even.

Wow, I don't even......

Rausch 12-01-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9167449)
Wow, I don't even......

Wow...

R8RFAN 12-01-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9167066)
The mental toll on these guys is crazy.

You just never really know what is going on with someone.

Are you serious?

chiefzilla1501 12-01-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9167431)
As long as it was just a monetary fine than I would go for it. It would be a PR disaster for the NFL though.

We shouldn't even talk about this though because it has zero chance of happening.

I imagine it would be a heavy one. You're talking about the Chiefs players making a decision that is going to cost hundreds of thousands in concessions, millions of dollars in advertising, and completely screws up competitive balance where a team is "throwing a game." Not to mention sports books, fantasy football, etc.... There is an enormous financial impact that neither the Chiefs nor the NFL want to assume for this. It's insensitive, but we are literally talking about one decision that will have millions upon millions of dollars in impact.

The Chiefs will play and the NFL will make certain the Chiefs know they have to put their best foot forward. It's a shitty situation but I'm sure everyone knows why that decision has to be made.

Cannibal 12-01-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 9167429)
A very strange person. Among the strangest I have ever encountered on the Internet~

She really knows how to get us all riled up. I'll give her that.

Nobody can stand her either. I don't think there is a single soul on this board that likes her, yet she still shows up.

Imon Yourside 12-01-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9167445)

I seriously wouldn't wish that fate on anyone, May the Lord have mercy on his soul.

Brock 12-01-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9166748)
The advise to the families and those who witness a suicide is that you should just continue on with their lives as normally as possible.

This is dumb as hell.

Radar Chief 12-01-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

I feel similarly but since I have nothing good to say about this situation I'm just going to keep my trap shut for the day.

Red Brooklyn 12-01-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9167413)
No less tragic either way...

Of course, but I'd like to know the facts just the same.

memyselfI 12-01-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9167412)
No question that this is a traumatic event for those involved, either directly or indirectly. I hope that the NFL uses this as a springboard to promote mental health to all of its players and staff. In such a competitive environment, I can imagine that it's easy to lose focus on the importance of what goes on when you go home at the end of the day.

I hope so too. Not too much faith in this though seeing that one of their legends committed suicide and not much changed publicly after that.There are many layers of resistance much like in the military but they have made strides so to might the NFL.

SAUTO 12-01-2012 12:15 PM

Again is there a link to him being found passed out in his car?
Posted via Mobile Device

In58men 12-01-2012 12:15 PM

@Jovan_Belcher: I am the agent for Jovan. At this time we are asking for prayers and sympathy. This is a very hard time. Thank you.

Mr. Laz 12-01-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9167420)
I agree. Belcher is a POS. I don't care really what was going on in his life or if he was a Chief. His actions are inexcusable and indefensible.

Nobody condones his actions but if rumors are true it's not as crazy as you might think. l

following is complete rumor/conjecture/hypothesis:

1. Girlfriend decides, for whatever reason, that today is the day she tells Belcher that 'their' child is not biologically his.

2. Belcher loses it and in his anger and grief grabs a gun and shoots her

3. after his grief/rages subsides he looks down at what he's done.

He's killed the woman he loves ... he career is over ... his life(as he knows it) is over ... he's going to jail for 20+ years. Depression sets in and he decides he doesn't deserve or want to live with it.

So he decides to say his goodbyes and take his own life. The Chiefs are his only family or maybe his only family close enough to visit.

drives to Arrowhead, says 'Goodbye' and as soon as Police arrive and force the timing of the decision, he pulls trigger.

just a possibility

In58men 12-01-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9167456)
This is dumb as hell.

He's a ****ing idiot

mikeyis4dcats. 12-01-2012 12:15 PM

if the Chiefs want to play as reported, who are we to tell them not to?

memyselfI 12-01-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9167446)
An interesting anecdote from the comments section on Deadspin:

Not sure that this person should be sharing this information (doctor-patient confidentiality and all that), but if true, it gives us a little bit of insight into Belcher's personality.

Doesn't that end once they are deceased?

burt 12-01-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9167432)

leave me out of this!

BigRedChief 12-01-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9167448)
Read post 210 lol.

Who's pathetic?

JFC, I had a friend kill another friend in front of me accidentally with a gun. I had another friend kill himself over a girl in front of me.

I worked in an ER/ICU for 9 years taking care of failed suicides and saw the pain that the family had to endure.

So would you please STFU and quit flipping shit and hurling personal insults.

Mr. Laz 12-01-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

there is a thread for this

FloridaMan88 12-01-2012 12:18 PM

Considering the parking lot at Arrowhead is now an active crime scene... at least part of the parking lot... that may play a role in the decision to play the game at least at the regularly scheduled 12:00 p.m. Central Time tomorrow.

Donger 12-01-2012 12:18 PM

Wow. What a tragedy.

KCWolfman 12-01-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 9167374)
So true, we all get on here about each other and the Chiefs players, management and we never know what is going on inside of that person. To many people in this world, life is tougher on some more than others. Prayers to all.

Amen, Roy

bevischief 12-01-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9167462)
Nobody condones his actions but if rumors are true it's not as crazy as you might think. l

1. Girlfriend decides, for whatever reason, that today is the day she tells Belcher that 'their' child is not biologically his.

He's killed the woman he loves ... he career is over ... his life(as he knows it) is over ... he's going to jail for 20+ years. Depression sets in and he decides he doesn't deserve or want to live with it.

So he decides to say his goodbyes and take his own life. The Chiefs are his only family or maybe his only family close enough to visit.

drives to Arrowhead, says 'Goodbye' and as soon as Police arrive and force the timing of the decision, he pulls trigger.

just a possibility

I hope it is not.

splatbass 12-01-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 9167303)
by using my incorrect words rather than my idea.

would the hunts adopting the child not be a humanitarian act? also provide the best resouces for the child to succeed?

When you find yourself in a hole it is a good idea to stop digging. Just let it go.

dirk digler 12-01-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9167452)
I imagine it would be a heavy one. You're talking about the Chiefs players making a decision that is going to cost hundreds of thousands in concessions, millions of dollars in advertising, and completely screws up competitive balance where a team is "throwing a game." Not to mention sports books, fantasy football, etc.... There is an enormous financial impact that neither the Chiefs nor the NFL want to assume for this. It's insensitive, but we are literally talking about one decision that will have millions upon millions of dollars in impact.

The Chiefs will play and the NFL will make certain the Chiefs know they have to put their best foot forward. It's a shitty situation but I'm sure everyone knows why that decision has to be made.

I understand the monetary issue but there is ZERO competitive balance issue the Chiefs are 1-9 and the Panthers are 3-8 and are out of the playoffs.

If the players want to play the game then they should.

ChiefsCountry 12-01-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus (Post 9167471)
Considering the parking lot at Arrowhead is now an active crime scene... at least part of the parking lot... that may play a role in the decision to play the game at least at the regularly scheduled 12:00 p.m. Central Time tomorrow.

Its at Practice Facility other than the entrance its easily blocked off for game day.

LiveSteam 12-01-2012 12:20 PM

Jesus I feel sad for all the friends & family's involved.

Chiefspants 12-01-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9167441)
I am not analyzing. I'm surmising like everyone else commenting on details we don't know about. I do know that support systems are huge component in suicide prevention and the lack of in risk. The article I linked stated that fact.

Your source also listed several other factors that lead to suicide as well, so base your conclusion off of the idea that he didn't have a support system is largely if not completely illogical.

BIG_DADDY 12-01-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

just a possibility

That's exactly the point, we don't know what happened and speculating and saying it doesn't matter and passing judgement so you can have a little emotional discharge moment on CP to show how above it all you are says everything we need to know about those that are doing it on here.

Dayze 12-01-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

2. Belcher loses it and in his anger and grief grabs a gun and shuoots her

just a possibility

According to Shox you should head up the FBI.

ragedogg69 12-01-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9167475)
When you find yourself in a hole it is a good idea to stop digging. Just let it go.

and i did. yet you felt necessary to quote my post 35 mins afterward for your smart retort. congratulations, more internet points for you.

Ebolapox 12-01-2012 12:22 PM

oh my god. this isn't a joke, is it? oh...my....god.

In58men 12-01-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9167469)
JFC, I had a friend kill another friend in front of me accidentally with a gun. I had another friend kill himself over a girl in front of me.

I worked in an ER/ICU for 9 years taking care of failed suicides and saw the pain that the family had to endure.

So would you please STFU and quit flipping shit and hurling personal insults.

Prayers sent

ChiefsCountry 12-01-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9167476)
I understand the monetary issue but there is ZERO competitive balance issue the Chiefs are 1-9 and the Panthers are 3-8 and are out of the playoffs.

Strength of schedule for other teams come in play.

OnTheWarpath15 12-01-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9167477)
Its at Practice Facility other than the entrance its easily blocked off for game day.

It not even an issue for later today.

A police spokesman said they would be wrapped up in a few hours and that the Sports Complex would be reopened.

That was about three hours ago.

bevischief 12-01-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9167457)
I feel similarly but since I have nothing good to say about this situation I'm just going to keep my trap shut for the day.

I agree I am not going to repeat what I said to my wife when she called to tell me about this but she knows I have a sick sense of humor to began with. Prayers to the family whatever is the story.

Frazod 12-01-2012 12:23 PM

What a wonderful thing to wake up to. ****. :shake:

Canofbier 12-01-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9167465)
Doesn't that end once they are deceased?

Wasn't sure, so I looked it up:

Quote:

7. Do Privacy Rights Survive Death?

Yes. Under HIPAA, a patient's privacy rights survive death and last forever. We are not sure how much sense that makes, but that is what the rule provides. A deceased patient's legally authorized executor or administrator, or a person who is otherwise legally authorized to act on the behalf of the deceased patient or patient's estate, can exercise the privacy rights of a patient.

It is important to know that disclosures for treatment do not require consent or authorization of the patient or the patient's representative. That means, for example, if information about the deceased patient is relevant to the care of the surviving spouse, the information can be disclosed to the health care provider for the surviving spouse.

Privacy for the dead can be especially messy when questions arise in the period after death and before anyone is formally authorized to act for the patient or the patient's estate. For many individuals, there may be no formal legal process following death. These questions are often best resolved with more attention to common sense and less attention to legal formalities. A doctor is more likely to know the best thing to do, and a lawyer is more likely to get in the way. The authority in the HIPAA rule that permits disclosure of information to a patient's caregiver may also help resolve problems during that period.
It could be that there are exceptions in the case of crimes of this nature. I'm not sure that Deadspin is the proper outlet to do so, if that is the case. Either way, it's interesting information to get.

Ceej 12-01-2012 12:23 PM

Wow. Unreal.

Can't fathom this quite yet.

RIP JB.

Cephalic Trauma 12-01-2012 12:23 PM

"... [chiefs] are dealing with a full-fledged fan rebellion.

Things have been so bad this season that Crennel fired himself as defensive coordinator. The Twitter account for a fan group known as "Save Our Chiefs" recently surpassed 80,000 followers, about 17,000 more than the announced crowd at a recent game."

-ESPN

Why is that at the end of the article? It seems a little out of touch.

zigbazah 12-01-2012 12:26 PM

Fox News ‏@FoxNews
Chiefs Jovan Belcher thanked GM, head coach for all they had done before committing suicide in front of them http://fxn.ws/XbQRVA

Canofbier 12-01-2012 12:26 PM

Another interesting anecdote:

Quote:

I lived a few doors down the hall from Jovan in college my freshman year. I remember when I was moving my stuff in from another dorm, I bumped into him in the stairwell door. It's an often used cliche, but he literally filled the entire doorway. He offered to help without me even asking.

From all my personal interactions, Jovan was very soft-spoken and kind but also prone to violent outbursts. If I recall, he punched through a basement floor window that had mesh-wire in it after a fight with his then girlfriend.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-01-2012 12:27 PM

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing

From 5-year-old Boston Globe story on Jovan Belcher: His major at University of Maine was Child Development and Family Relations.

splatbass 12-01-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 9167482)
and i did. yet you felt necessary to quote my post 35 mins afterward for your smart retort. congratulations, more internet points for you.

You aren't a very nice person, huh? That is the best thing I can say.

lcarus 12-01-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 9167383)
worst season ever? worst season ever.

Yeah I'd say so. I was so expecting a pretty good season in July/August. Sucks.

Rasputin 12-01-2012 12:27 PM

:shake: :(

BigRedChief 12-01-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9167485)
Prayers sent

This seems like a sarcastic reply.

But anyway real or not, surely even an idiot could have recognized from my posts that maybe I had some first hand experience with witnessing suicides and maybe I wasn't just a disconnected observer?

BJ2K 12-01-2012 12:28 PM

Insane. Stuff like this comes out of nowhere.

jAZ 12-01-2012 12:28 PM

Most appropriate use of snark I've seen on this story:
"Why can't these people EVER shoot themselves first, and THEN attempt to murder the wife??"
Stolen from a poster on another board I visit.

In58men 12-01-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9167504)
This seems like a sarcastic reply.

But anyway real or not, surely even an idiot could have recognized from my posts that maybe I had some first hand experience with witnessing suicides and maybe I wasn't just a disconnected observer?

Not a single **** was given.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-01-2012 12:29 PM

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

NFL has full plans to play Chiefs game tomorrow. No changes for right now. See how it unfolds

Shogun 12-01-2012 12:29 PM

still cant believe this happened. rip jovan and jovans girlfriend. if anybody hears anything about a donation set up for his daughter please post it here.

DTLB58 12-01-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9167447)
They won't postpone it. The logistics and money involved will prohibit it. Just my opinion.

But they could move it back a few days. The coach and GM just watched their player kill himself. :shake:

DrunkBassGuitar 12-01-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9167511)
But they could move it back a few days. The coach and GM just watched their player kill himself. :shake:

Yeah but think of the loss of revenue!!!!1

Won't someone please think of the revenue?!!

Rausch 12-01-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9167511)

Not really fair but life goes on...

BigRedChief 12-01-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9167507)
Not a single **** was given.

Wow just WOW

I share some deep personal tragedy and you take a shit on it. :shake: