ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Playstation 4 price and Xbox 720 is announced (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272150)

Jerm 11-21-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10210187)
Lets see here, PS4 does exactly what I need and want. XBO does more than I want and charges me more for features I don't want or need.

Take out the paywall for already paid services and unbundle the kinect and now you have a level playing field to make comparisons.

Exactly...I'm getting a more powerful system that does exactly what I want it to for $100 cheaper...it really isn't even a contest for me.

And I'm far from a fanboy...liked the 360 way better than the PS3 for a large part of this gen...the PS4 is completely in a different stratosphere though, it's amazing Sony hasn't ****ed this up and got everything right this time around.

The UI is sleek, fast, and easy to navigate...the list of exclusives already announced and you know will be coming is just awesome...Playstation Plus is the best value in gaming, for instance at launch with PS + you got several free games plus $10 of PSN cash free when buying a PS4 (which I used on Flower) so before you even buy any games you already have 4-5 which is CRAZY...I can't believe how much I underestimated how fun and awesome watching AND streaming games is, something I can't believe MS has fumbled on and won't have until 2014.

Also an underlying feature that really no one is talking about is the fact that now you can plug in practically any headset into the DS4 and route all audio though them which is GENIUS especially for someone like me that has my console in my bedroom and new baby and wife that likes to go to bed early...so convenient.

Finally I also love that from the beginning Sony hasn't wavered on their vision and what they want the PS4 and PS ecosystem to become...and that's for gamers first. MS' vision has been filled with confusion, backtracking, and quite honestly ridiculous ideals and policies that thankfully have been done away with...it's been a mess.

I'm sure at one point I'll own the XBO and probably soon (for TitanFall) but right now, it's clear to me who is starting this gen running ahead.

Anyong Bluth 11-21-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10210427)
"XBox, clean my dishes, XBox, do my laundry"

Xbox fluffs me just the right amount right before having to shoot the crucial money shot scenes!

Mr. Plow 11-21-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10210163)
Please don't use Games for Gold as a valid example. PSN+ blows Games for Gold completely out of the water when it comes to value for the dollar. MS gives you a couple OLD games free. Games that most people already have beaten and in most cases are at least 3 years old. PSN+ is giving you several games for free AND most of those games are not even a year old yet. The two are not comparable at all.

LMAO

Yes, we know that MS gives you all the shitty stuff while PS gives you all the great, awesome stuff. MS is a rusty flaming aids tree while PS is rainbow covered unicorns.

Might want to read the conversation before jumping on the PS horse. Nobody was comparing the values of what MS was doing vs. what PS was doing. It was a question of whether MS offered something other than playing online for the cost of the gold membership. Which they do.....games for gold. hitsmage didn't know they offered it - I explained that they did.

Nightfyre 11-21-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 10210477)
Exactly...I'm getting a more powerful system that does exactly what I want it to for $100 cheaper...it really isn't even a contest for me.

And I'm far from a fanboy...liked the 360 way better than the PS3 for a large part of this gen...the PS4 is completely in a different stratosphere though, it's amazing Sony hasn't ****ed this up and got everything right this time around.

The UI is sleek, fast, and easy to navigate...the list of exclusives already announced and you know will be coming is just awesome...Playstation Plus is the best value in gaming, for instance at launch with PS + you got several free games plus $10 of PSN cash free when buying a PS4 (which I used on Flower) so before you even buy any games you already have 4-5 which is CRAZY...I can't believe how much I underestimated how fun and awesome watching AND streaming games is, something I can't believe MS has fumbled on and won't have until 2014.

Also an underlying feature that really no one is talking about is the fact that now you can plug in practically any headset into the DS4 and route all audio though them which is GENIUS especially for someone like me that has my console in my bedroom and new baby and wife that likes to go to bed early...so convenient.

Finally I also love that from the beginning Sony hasn't wavered on their vision and what they want the PS4 and PS ecosystem to become...and that's for gamers first. MS' vision has been filled with confusion, backtracking, and quite honestly ridiculous ideals and policies that thankfully have been done away with...it's been a mess.

I'm sure at one point I'll own the XBO and probably soon (for TitanFall) but right now, it's clear to me who is starting this gen running ahead.

This pretty succinctly describes where I am at right now.

Mr. Plow 11-21-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10210187)
Lets see here, PS4 does exactly what I need and want. XBO does more than I want and charges me more for features I don't want or need.

Take out the paywall for already paid services and unbundle the kinect and now you have a level playing field to make comparisons.

Yes, everyone got exactly what they wanted. This is nothing more than a PS4 version 2 vs. Xbox 360 version 2. MS is at least attempting something new. PS just came out and said "Hey, we know you have the iPhone 5, but look what we just created....it's the iPhone 5S!!! That's right, we added an S to it!!!! YAY US!!!"

Mr. Plow 11-21-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10210316)
At least Microsoft isn't trying to hide it.

If you're watching NFLN right now then you just a saw a commercial for a game console that didn't ONCE mention that it plays games. :hmmm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmD0vPOd5Rk

They are trying man. They are trying to say "Hey, we aren't just a gaming console. We can do all sorts of cool shit."

Jerm 11-21-2013 06:51 PM

But that's just the point...GAMERS want a GAMING console...not an entertainment box that plays games too.

Mr. Plow 11-21-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 10210507)
But that's just the point...GAMERS want a GAMING console...not an entertainment box that plays games too.

Does anyone on this forum that has had a PS3/Xbox 360/PS4 use it soley for gaming? Consoles like this aren't just for gaming.

Nightfyre 11-21-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10210515)
Does anyone on this forum that has had a PS3/Xbox 360/PS4 use it soley for gaming? Consoles like this aren't just for gaming.

I do. The only other function I use one of my consoles for is netflix. And even then, not usually.

Valiant 11-21-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10209453)
Look at the back of the damn COD: Ghost case..... "Offline Play Enabled". The SP's suffer because of this type of shit. "Offline Play" is now a feature.

http://i.imgur.com/e4uKhTG.png

I think it is more to the point that consoles are PCs now. Tons of games I have bought said online only or subscription only since 2000. Well now since online is so prevalent they need to inform players if they can play offline.

Just like when people were complaining about having to have an Internet connection at the start.

SuperChief 11-21-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

I think the point he's trying to make is this: Gamers want a console that's about games FIRST. That's what the PS4 is. The XBO seemingly is about doing a bunch of cool things, and oh yeah, it also plays games.

FTR - I'm in no way a PS fanboy, either. I bought the 360 at launch and enjoyed it immensely.

Deberg_1990 11-21-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 10210554)
I think the point he's trying to make is this: Gamers want a console that's about games FIRST.

Is there anything preventing a gamer from playing a game FIRST?

Anyong Bluth 11-21-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10210473)
What do you like to play?

Not an issue

007 11-21-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10210444)

Take out the paywall for already paid services and unbundle the kinect and now you have a level playing field to make comparisons.[/QUOTE]

Argument over.

No it really isn't. YOu might be surprised how many have no interest in that crap.

Make it optional.

Deberg_1990 11-21-2013 07:45 PM

[QUOTE=Guru;10210665]
Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10210444)

No it really isn't. YOu might be surprised how many have no interest in that crap.

Make it optional.

I agree, but let the market decide. If sales dip, then they will probably unbundle and lower the price. If sales remain strong, why should they unbundle? Smart business move.

Ceej 11-21-2013 07:47 PM

Anyone getting a Xbox One tonight?

007 11-21-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10210479)
LMAO

Yes, we know that MS gives you all the shitty stuff while PS gives you all the great, awesome stuff. MS is a rusty flaming aids tree while PS is rainbow covered unicorns.

Might want to read the conversation before jumping on the PS horse. Nobody was comparing the values of what MS was doing vs. what PS was doing. It was a question of whether MS offered something other than playing online for the cost of the gold membership. Which they do.....games for gold. hitsmage didn't know they offered it - I explained that they did.

JFC Plow. you know that isn't what I am saying. PS4 offers me what I want. Xbox has a bunch of features I have no interest in and would not use. Why pay for a bunch of stuff I do not want? I'm not alone in this.

I'm not "jumping on the playstation horse" I am just buying the product that does what I want. Eventually we will probably have both consoles but Xbox is probably 3 years away for me.

007 11-21-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10210674)

I agree, but let the market decide. If sales dip, then they will probably unbundle and lower the price. If sales remain strong, why should they unbundle? Smart business move.

From everything I have read, they can't unbundle it. They are tied together. This was the course they chose to go and the course they will have to live with, good or bad. Odds are they will be fine though.

007 11-21-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 10210477)

I found that awesome. One of the things I really appreciate that Sony does is how they don't make everything proprietary. You want a bigger HDD, sure just pop one in there. You want to use any headset you want? Go for it.

New World Order 11-21-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 10210507)

It is a gaming console and I also want total voice control. I am getting the best of both worlds.

Pitt Gorilla 11-21-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10209807)
Much more than ps4

Damn, you're a fanboi. We get it.

Gravedigger 11-21-2013 09:12 PM

Got mine all taken care of just gotta go back up to Gamestop at 1130 and get it at Midnight. It was awesome because I started being a power rewards member back in 2010 and I realized today that I had 62000 points. So that's a free game essentially so I'm stoked I get to pick up one extra game, or controller.

BTW this trailer gets me ready to **** some shit up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-JjIZaheLo

Sure-Oz 11-21-2013 09:48 PM

That looks pretty sweet

A Salt Weapon 11-21-2013 10:36 PM

Just to chime in, I'm one of those few that only plays offline. We don't even have internet at the house. Having to update my software every time I buy a new game is annoying.
That said I just bought a new ps3 and won't be getting a ps4 for at least 3-4 years as long as ps3 games are still being made.

Oh yeah. PS is the best system, **** xbox. :-)

SuperChief 11-21-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10210577)

It's not about choosing an option first; it's about having a system architecture that supports gaming first and foremost (from the parent company, to developers, right on down to the gamer). XBO doesn't seem to follow that model. Those commercials that MS is running barely show any gameplay whatsoever. To me, that would indicate they're shooting for a larger demographic - a wider segment that is looking for other things.

aturnis 11-21-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10208912)
The one guy that seemed to be having a bit of trouble and having to repeat commands a couple times.... To me he seemed to be speaking a little quickly on some of his commands. The ones that went through the first time were the ones where he spoke clearly.

Could be wrong though.

Watched many videos. Repeating commands is par for the course.

aturnis 11-21-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10209403)
I could be - I just made a high assumption to prove a point that I didn't have data to back up.

In your opinion, what percentage of people do you think buys these systems for gaming - both offline & online vs. those that buy these systems for offline gaming only?

I would guess a very high majority don't buy these systems for offline gaming only, but that is my opinion. If it were just offline gaming, I wouldn't be spending the money on either system personally.

The main issue is, the majority of people don't take daily, year round or monthly. The majority of gamers play a game online until they bore of it and wait for something new to get excited about. Why pay for a year round subscription when I generally only play in the winter or when there is something I just can't not play?

aturnis 11-21-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10210464)
PS4 will be a great console and I will eventually buy it. I just find the Kinect something I would use absolutely every day.

I see it as a gimmick. More like Siri or a Nintendo Wii motion controller. When they were new, EVERYBODY wants a piece. Now though, can't remember the last time I saw anyone use Siri or talk about playing their Wii.

It's a "cool trick" that doesn't work real well right now and invite the NSA into your living room.

Also, did they completely reverse their stance on the Kinect? Thought the Xbone became a paperweight once kinect was unplugged.

aturnis 11-21-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10209656)
I'm the opposite. I HATE having a box for TV, a gaming system, a bluray player, etc etc etc. Each box is at minimum 3 cords that I have to hide not to mention having all that shit cluttering up shelves & the remotes that go with each one. I'd rather have one system that does everything.

To my knowledge, you won't be getting rid of your cable box, just plugging it into the back of your XBox.

Gravedigger 11-21-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10211083)
I see it as a gimmick. More like Siri or a Nintendo Wii motion controller. When they were new, EVERYBODY wants a piece. Now though, can't remember the last time I saw anyone use Siri or talk about playing their Wii.

It's a "cool trick" that doesn't work real well right now and invite the NSA into your living room.

Also, did they completely reverse their stance on the Kinect? Thought the Xbone became a paperweight once kinect was unplugged.

Kinect is optional. Doesn't brick the system once it's disconnected.

Gravedigger 11-21-2013 11:30 PM

Got about 40 people outside right now waiting for the midnight launch. I'm warm in my car, I'll be 41st in line, doesn't bother me :)

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-21-2013 11:54 PM

Updating now seems fast.

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-22-2013 12:04 AM

Just Wow

New World Order 11-22-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10211138)
Just Wow

How do you like it?

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-22-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10211139)
How do you like it?

Great Dead rising 3 is awesome.

New World Order 11-22-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10211148)
Great Dead rising 3 is awesome.

Ugh, stuck here at work, want to play it so bad. Great to see you're enjoying it.

007 11-22-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10211095)
Kinect is optional. Doesn't brick the system once it's disconnected.

They must have made some changes to it then. They were saying that you cannot disconnect the kinect but you can disable it to the point that it only listens for "xbox on".

If they truly have it so you don't even have to plug it in then there is no reason to force a bundling of it anymore. With any luck they will do that and those of us that don't want it might buy their system sooner rather than later.

Gravedigger 11-22-2013 12:50 AM

That's what I thought I'll check it out but I'm pretty sure they said its optional. Waiting for my update going pretty swimmingly.

BryanBusby 11-22-2013 01:05 AM

Seems things are going smoothly.

Spoiler!

Oh em gee the xbone is a piece of gigantic shit as obviously demonstrated in these videos. Congrats on your 500 dollar bricks and I hope yours breaks down, catches on fire and spreads fire aids into your lungs!

007 11-22-2013 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 10211191)

Spoiler!

Oh em gee the xbone is a piece of gigantic shit as obviously demonstrated in these videos. Congrats on your 500 dollar bricks and I hope yours breaks down, catches on fire and spreads fire aids into your lungs!

LMAO That would suck to have that happen.

Gravedigger 11-22-2013 01:31 AM

Mine works fine, disc drive works great. Voice commands are fun and Kinect sees my cat as a guest :) Installing CoD, taking a good amount of time. The start up update went quick though.

New World Order 11-22-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 10211191)

Spoiler!

There were ps4's bricking all over the country, it happens with every launch

007 11-22-2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10211216)
Mine works fine, disc drive works great. Voice commands are fun and Kinect sees my cat as a guest :) Installing CoD, taking a good amount of time. The start up update went quick though.

Let us know when the novelty of saying "xbox this and that" finally wears off.

New World Order 11-22-2013 01:35 AM

This is ****ing awesome. Grave how is the kinect working for you? My brother came over and it recognized me and signed in. We rebooted the console and had my brother stand in front of the kinect and it registered him as a guest. Very cool.

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-22-2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10211223)
This is ****ing awesome. Grave how is the kinect working for you? My brother came over and it recognized me and signed me in. We rebooted the console and had my brother stand in front of the kinect and it registered him as a guest. Very cool.

Mine is working great no problems at all.

BryanBusby 11-22-2013 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10211221)
There were ps4's bricking all over the country, it happens with every launch

You might want to lurk more if you thought any part of that post was serious in the slightest.

because duh

New World Order 11-22-2013 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10211222)
Let us know when the novelty of saying "xbox this and that" finally wears off.

It doesn't. It's incredibly nice when you're laying down watching netflix and you want to pause/rewind/stop the movie. You don't have to get up and fumble with a remote or controller. Just use your voice. It's very convenient.

New World Order 11-22-2013 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 10211229)
You might want to lurk more if you thought any part of that post was serious in the slightest.

because duh

You got me.

007 11-22-2013 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10211232)
It doesn't. It's incredibly nice when you're laying down watching netflix and you want to pause/rewind/stop the movie. You don't have to get up and fumble with a remote or controller. Just use your voice. It's very convenient.

I was just being facetious with that post. :thumb:

I have no doubt that the people that wanted that function will love it. As they should.

New World Order 11-22-2013 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10211243)
I was just being facetious with that post. :thumb:

I have no doubt that the people that wanted that function will love it. As they should.

I will give you this. PS3 had the better exclusives and ps4 will most likely be the same.

New World Order 11-22-2013 01:50 AM

Guru do you still post at Chiefs Crowd?

007 11-22-2013 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10211244)
I will give you this. PS3 had the better exclusives and ps4 will most likely be the same.

Took me a long time to jump from Xbox to PS3 and the exclusives are rock solid. Really looking forward to the PS4 exclusives.

One thing to note here, Killzone Shadowfall is a crap story with crap voice acting but the visuals and gameplay are outstanding. My teen also noted that he is enjoying online with it more than BF3 or CoD.

Cannot wait for the next Naughty Dog title.

Gravedigger 11-22-2013 01:50 AM

I think voice commands in games can be gimmicky but the ability to have voice commands control your system is pretty nice. It won't replace what you do but it'll allow you to multitask. We've done something the same way for so long with TV remotes, pressing power buttons etc that I think it's a nice change of pace to have something different. It's a tool, not a necessity or mandatory, a very helpful tool. Kinect is really cool you definetly notice the wider angle and the ability to see your fist opening and closing or your eyebrows going up and down. I hope there is a price drop soon because this is a really cool experience thus far.

007 11-22-2013 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10211254)
Guru do you still post at Chiefs Crowd?

not really. Maybe one or two posts per year. Just long enough to see that it is still full of mostly homers.

New World Order 11-22-2013 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10211257)
I think voice commands in games can be gimmicky but the ability to have voice commands control your system is pretty nice. It won't replace what you do but it'll allow you to multitask. We've done something the same way for so long with TV remotes, pressing power buttons etc that I think it's a nice change of pace to have something different. It's a tool, not a necessity or mandatory, a very helpful tool. Kinect is really cool you definetly notice the wider angle and the ability to see your fist opening and closing or your eyebrows going up and down. I hope there is a price drop soon because this is a really cool experience thus far.

Kinect is definitely nice, I am enjoying it so far. I seriously doubt I will use it much during gaming, although when you shout or make any noise during deadrising 3 the zombies turn and walk towards you. I thought that was pretty cool.

New World Order 11-22-2013 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10211259)
not really. Maybe one or two posts per year. Just long enough to see that it is still full of mostly homers.

They banned me : (

I can't even see any posts.

007 11-22-2013 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10211261)
Kinect is definitely nice, I am enjoying it so far. I seriously doubt I will use it much during gaming, although when you shout or make any noise during deadrising 3 the zombies turn and walk towards you. I thought that was pretty cool.

OK, THAT is cool and a very effective use of it.

007 11-22-2013 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10211263)
They banned me : (

I can't even see any posts.

They did you a favor then. LMAO

BryanBusby 11-22-2013 02:08 AM

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/NYbs0firps8?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/NYbs0firps8?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

In other news, it seems people are using their playstation eye and the twitch service to do their own broadcasts lol

http://i.imgur.com/Zk3w8n9.png

New World Order 11-22-2013 02:34 AM

If I had a ps4 I would do that too

naked

007 11-22-2013 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 10211275)
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/NYbs0firps8?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/NYbs0firps8?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

In other news, it seems people are using their playstation eye and the twitch service to do their own broadcasts lol

http://i.imgur.com/Zk3w8n9.png

LMAO at the Southpark clip

as far as the imgur link goes, I can't see it from work. What is it?

BryanBusby 11-22-2013 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10211291)
LMAO at the Southpark clip

as far as the imgur link goes, I can't see it from work. What is it?

Shuhei Yoshida ‏@yosp 2h
@Wario64 @kobunheat great use! I watched a half naked French guy yesterday. He was at the top spot in Live from PlayStation.

Cool story. I was grabbing some stuff (alcohol) from the same Walmart that I got my PS4 from a week ago tonight, and there was an issue with them lying about their stock to people. Strangely enough, they lied to people about the amount of Xbones available if you didn't have a pre-order and of course, people were pissed and rightfully so.

I'm getting in my car to leave when I see the people that handled the launches all walk out with an XboxOne. Imagine that :)

007 11-22-2013 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 10211320)
Shuhei Yoshida ‏@yosp 2h
@Wario64 @kobunheat great use! I watched a half naked French guy yesterday. He was at the top spot in Live from PlayStation.

Cool story. I was grabbing some stuff (alcohol) from the same Walmart that I got my PS4 from a week ago tonight, and there was an issue with them lying about their stock to people. Strangely enough, they lied to people about the amount of Xbones available if you didn't have a pre-order and of course, people were pissed and rightfully so.

I'm getting in my car to leave when I see the people that handled the launches all walk out with an XboxOne. Imagine that :)

Gotta love Walmart employees. Wonder if they paid for it with food stamps. heh

BryanBusby 11-22-2013 05:03 AM

Nothing would surprise me.

There's a rumor floating around that a Gran Turismo 7 PS4 tech demo is floating around internally @ Sony and they are aiming to have it ready a year from now.

CoMoChief 11-22-2013 05:41 AM

I'm done w/ Xbox to be honest. My orig and 360 all went to shit. I'm not one person to leave shit on for hours at a time. I keep my shit clean and well kept. These were simply console/hardware issues.

The 360 was the worst. Got RROD 2 times within the first year I had it. This wasn't a first gen of Xbox either, I waited a few years before purchasing the system because of all of the bugs and problems and shit I heard about them. Shouldn't have purchased one at all to be honest except it sucks when all your friends and everyone you know has one and plays online w/ it etc. Anyways I had to fight w/ Microsoft for them to fix it the 2nd time for no cost, and when they did fix it they mailed back my machine (this was an Xbox elite edition, which meant the console was black in color) and when I received it, I opened up the pkg and the console's face place was white! Couldn't ****ing believe it, did they think I wasn't going to notice? I called them up and asked them what they did w/ the orig black faceplate it came with and they said there wasn't any guarantee that they would ship it back w/ new orig parts. I knew they would fix it w/ refurb parts but I explained the faceplate wasn't the issue and never should have been replaced to begin with. I asked them if they can send me just the black face plate. Wasn't trying to be anal about it but my console looked pretty ****ing stupid looking and I was going to sell the damn thing once it got working ok and no one was going to buy the Xbox when it looks like someone had been ****ing with it. They told me they had ran out of black face plates (even though they couldn't tell me why they replaced my black orig one to begin with, then it dawned on me that I'm sure they're just a call center in India or some shit and they weren't going to have a real answer for me).

So I went to Bestbuy, Gamestop, Walmart, you name it, to try and find an aftermarker black faceplate and no one had any. Everyone was sold out of them. I was forced then to get online and went to the electronic bay.com and found a company in Australia that made black ones and had some in stock and for $27 shipping included (paid more for shipping than the faceplate itself) I had the face plate in about a week.

I've had the PS, PS2, and PS3 and never had any issues w/ any of them.

Mr. Plow 11-22-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 10211275)

ROFL

Mr. Plow 11-22-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 10211334)
I'm done w/ Xbox to be honest. My orig and 360 all went to shit. I'm not one person to leave shit on for hours at a time. I keep my shit clean and well kept. These were simply console/hardware issues.

The 360 was the worst. Got RROD 2 times within the first year I had it. This wasn't a first gen of Xbox either, I waited a few years before purchasing the system because of all of the bugs and problems and shit I heard about them. Shouldn't have purchased one at all to be honest except it sucks when all your friends and everyone you know has one and plays online w/ it etc. Anyways I had to fight w/ Microsoft for them to fix it the 2nd time for no cost, and when they did fix it they mailed back my machine (this was an Xbox elite edition, which meant the console was black in color) and when I received it, I opened up the pkg and the console's face place was white! Couldn't ****ing believe it, did they think I wasn't going to notice? I called them up and asked them what they did w/ the orig black faceplate it came with and they said there wasn't any guarantee that they would ship it back w/ new orig parts. I knew they would fix it w/ refurb parts but I explained the faceplate wasn't the issue and never should have been replaced to begin with. I asked them if they can send me just the black face plate. Wasn't trying to be anal about it but my console looked pretty ****ing stupid looking and I was going to sell the damn thing once it got working ok and no one was going to buy the Xbox when it looks like someone had been ****ing with it. They told me they had ran out of black face plates (even though they couldn't tell me why they replaced my black orig one to begin with, then it dawned on me that I'm sure they're just a call center in India or some shit and they weren't going to have a real answer for me).

So I went to Bestbuy, Gamestop, Walmart, you name it, to try and find an aftermarker black faceplate and no one had any. Everyone was sold out of them. I was forced then to get online and went to the electronic bay.com and found a company in Australia that made black ones and had some in stock and for $27 shipping included (paid more for shipping than the faceplate itself) I had the face plate in about a week.

Ha - PS has CoMo.

LMAO

Mr. Plow 11-22-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 10211320)
Shuhei Yoshida ‏@yosp 2h

It wouldn't surprise me to hear any store having this issue. Hell, if I still worked at Best Buy when a console came out I'd hold one back for myself.

Dayze 11-22-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 10211325)
Nothing would surprise me.

There's a rumor floating around that a Gran Turismo 7 PS4 tech demo is floating around internally @ Sony and they are aiming to have it ready a year from now.

I love the GT series. but I was thoroughly pissed after the much hyped GT5 (?) that took like 5 years to make.....and they didn't have Porsche models. WTF. apparently they couldn't strike a deal with Porsche, but still.

Dayze 11-22-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 10211334)

I bought mine; enjoyed it, but got RROD 3 times; got new ones at Nebraska Furniture Mart with the extra warranty (which is awesome; just go pick out a new one); same thing. 3 RROD in 12 months. after my 3rd I sold it to a guy at my wife's work for $50 less than retail and used it to buy my PS3. My PS3 has locked up 'maybe' 3 times in 5-6 years. I'll be buying the PS4 once all the 'Beta Testing via Customers" is completed.

Mr. Plow 11-22-2013 08:14 AM

I really want to hold off until next year, but I'm already having a hard time convincing myself to wait. Xmas is going to be tough for me to say no. It's just a matter of which system I want to get first.

Still thinking I might just do a PS3 for Xmas - that might tide me over.

htismaqe 11-22-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10210464)
PS4 will be a great console and I will eventually buy it. I just find the Kinect something I would use absolutely every day.

I'm gonna have to see some proof that it's all that first.

I had a Kinect for 360 and it was absolutely worthless.

It's a glorified webcam - hence why M$ is pushing Skype so ****ing hard.

htismaqe 11-22-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Other than the once-a-month Amazon Instant Video or BR disc, yeah…I use my PS3 SOLELY for gaming.

Of course, we've already established I'm in a small minority.

htismaqe 11-22-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10210577)

It remains to be seen.

Both units sport 8GB of RAM. However, M$ has locked game developers out of 3GB of said RAM because it is reserved for background processes, like making sure your friends can Skype you in the middle of your game...

htismaqe 11-22-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10211257)

I could totally see where somebody that is using the XBox One as M$ intended (for watching everything, not just playing games) would think the voice control is convenient.

For me, I press the power button on my controller and then hit Start. Because the PS3 defaults to the game I'm currently playing. I actually navigate the system menu once or twice a WEEK.

Mr. Plow 11-22-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10211458)
I could totally see where somebody that is using the XBox One as M$ intended (for watching everything, not just playing games) would think the voice control is convenient.

For me, I press the power button on my controller and then hit Start. Because the PS3 defaults to the game I'm currently playing. I actually navigate the system menu once or twice a WEEK.

You mean when your system starts up it goes straight to the game rather than to the dashboard?

htismaqe 11-22-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10211479)
You mean when your system starts up it goes straight to the game rather than to the dashboard?

No, I don't go that far (and yes, I know the 360 could do that).

When I power on the PS3, it starts the dashboard at the disc that's in the drive. All I have to do is hit X and my game starts. I don't have to "navigate" to anything so for me, I'd never tell the Kinect anything other than "on". Completely superfluous.

Mr. Plow 11-22-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10211490)
No, I don't go that far (and yes, I know the 360 could do that).

When I power on the PS3, it starts the dashboard at the disc that's in the drive. All I have to do is hit X and my game starts. I don't have to "navigate" to anything so for me, I'd never tell the Kinect anything other than "on". Completely superfluous.

Ah, I gotcha. I've never seen the PS3 dashboard so I have no idea how it looks.

Kinect is definitely one of those things that people are either going to love or hate. I didn't like the Kinect from the 360 because....well, it just didn't work correctly for me ever.

But, by all accts, the new Kinect is nothing like the old. From the videos I've seen, there is some repeat commands but really, anything using voice commands has that. My phone is the same way using voice commands or entering texts through voice.

It's definitely not for everyone. I won't comment on whether I really like it until I've actually used it, but from the early videos, it looks like something I'll enjoy.

Mr. Plow 11-22-2013 09:43 AM

Launch was ruined......

http://i.imgur.com/A1RxZM4.jpg

htismaqe 11-22-2013 09:49 AM

Just one more reason to skip getting an XBox One. I hate wearing pants.