ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The Official NEW new new conference realignment & shit talk thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278522)

tredadda 12-04-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10248972)
Of course. Rumors are fun though. And the main reason most people check this thread.

That and to see what stupidity you and your sidekick PB will spout. I haven't noticed people coming here to check on rumors. Guess we see different things.

Bambi 12-04-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 10248981)
That and to see what stupidity you and your sidekick PB will spout. I haven't noticed people coming here to check on rumors. Guess we see different things.

wtf is wrong with you? Did I do something to piss you off? This thread is about talking shit just like the title states and all you do is constantly call people names and throw insults.

It's ****ing boring.

tredadda 12-04-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10248991)
wtf is wrong with you? Did I do something to piss you off? This thread is about talking shit just like the title states and all you do is constantly call people names and throw insults.

It's ****ing boring.

I called you what name? Damn cheer up, you take what is said on here too seriously.

Bambi 12-04-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 10248996)
I called you what name? Damn cheer up, you take what is said on here too seriously.

apologies. that was the Jack talking. :shake:

warpaint* 12-04-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10248935)

Whether Saban stays or goes that article/blog is laughably absurd. He ain't leavin' Alabama bc his OC jumps ship.

But if he does leave I volunteer to help him pack. I don't need the best coach in the country in my league unless he's at my school.

Bambi 12-04-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 10249043)
Whether Saban stays or goes that article/blog is laughably absurd. He ain't leavin' Alabama bc his OC jumps ship.

But if he does leave I volunteer to help him pack. I don't need the best coach in the country in my league unless he's at my school.

I'd have to sit and think about the parallels to Urban Meyer at Florida. UM always had ties to Ohio so it wasn't inconceivable that he would jump.

However UT is the ultimate. Everyone here likes to banter back and forth but there isn't a more powerful job in America than Texas. The highest concentration of athletes is in Texas and it really isn't close. What Saban could do there is scary. Especially in a conference that only has Oklahoma as a true blue blood competitor.

Winning a title at UT would cement him as the greatest of all time. Why not make a run at it. I think he's maxed what can be done at BAMA.

warpaint* 12-04-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10248966)
huh? I neither think MU or the Big 12 is great. I just think it would be entertaining to see someone besides the big 6 in the SEC win the conference.

But yes. The fact that 80% of the MU starters were recruited to play in the Big 12 won't go unnoticed by the old guard of the SEC.

It's really only relevant if you live in a world where you are so delusional you consider it impossible for another league capable of producing a team that could win yours. And yes there are people out there that stupid.

But it doesn't speak to strength of the SEC in other years.

warpaint* 12-04-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10249052)
I'd have to sit and think about the parallels to Urban Meyer at Florida. UM always had ties to Ohio so it wasn't inconceivable that he would jump.

However UT is the ultimate. Everyone here likes to banter back and forth but there isn't a more powerful job in America than Texas. The highest concentration of athletes is in Texas and it really isn't close. What Saban could do there is scary. Especially in a conference that only has Oklahoma as a true blue blood competitor.

Winning a title at UT would cement him as the greatest of all time. Why not make a run at it. I think he's maxed what can be done at BAMA.

Urban didn't leave Fla for Oh St. The Tressel stuff hadn't even come out yet. That all went down the following spring. He took a year off and probably really wanted to take more than that but big jobs only come open so often so you strike when you must.

I will be surprised if Saban leaves but anything is possible.

Regardless I cannot conceive that he could be MORE dominant than he is now. In his off years they win 11 games.

Bambi 12-04-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 10249060)
It's really only relevant if you live in a world where you are so delusional you consider it impossible for another league capable of producing a team that could win yours. And yes there are people out there that stupid.

But it doesn't speak to strength of the SEC in other years.

I agree. I know the SEC has won 7 straight titles or whatever but there have been certain years where it could be argued that they did not have the best team (or at least another league should have been given the opportunity to prove otherwise)

But yes, the SEC has been and is the best football conference. However there are schools there that have been competing for 50 years and never won the conference. MU is still in that group until they do it. And it won't come without resistance.

The last time someone outside the Big 6 won was a split in 1976 where Kentucky shared with Georgia. Before that it was 1963 with Mississippi!

If Missouri wins Saturday it will make tremendous waves across the conference. There's no doubt in that.

Bambi 12-04-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 10249070)
Urban didn't leave Fla for Oh St. The Tressel stuff hadn't even come out yet. That all went down the following spring. He took a year off and probably really wanted to take more than that but big jobs only come open so often so you strike when you must.

I will be surprised if Saban leaves but anything is possible.

Regardless I cannot conceive that he could be MORE dominant than he is now. In his off years they win 11 games.

I was trying to see if there was any connection between Saban and Texas. Which I don't think there is.

Who knows what Meyer knew or didn't know. Have you read The System? They talk extensively about OSU and that program has been dirty for a while. Tressel was in trouble long before anything was made public.

warpaint* 12-04-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10249084)
I was trying to see if there was any connection between Saban and Texas. Which I don't think there is.

Who knows what Meyer knew or didn't know. Have you read The System? They talk extensively about OSU and that program has been dirty for a while. Tressel was in trouble long before anything was made public.

Tressel's a dirt bag no question but it's quite a leap to think he may have known what was coming considering it went down months later AND all of Ohio States behavior dealing w/ it initially was that of a school that had no intention of firing their coach until it got to the point they had no choice in order to escape some of the wrath of the NCAA. Remember some of Gordon Gee's quotes?

The beauty of it is these Big Ten schools like to parade around looking down their noses at the cheaters down south while they pursue academic and athletic excellence when in fact they're football factories cheating away just the same and sought to protect their national championship coach who routinely beat their rival until they could no longer do so.

Eleazar 12-04-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 10248996)

I think what he means is, everyone in this thread is trolling and nobody is taking it that seriously.

warpaint* 12-04-2013 10:54 PM

Heh Tressel was cheating at Youngstown St. I think they paid a QB like $100k to go there. Which is nuts considering it's 1aa but they had some rogue booster as the story goes who ran amok while Tressel looked away.

He didn't know he swears.

I believe him I swear.

Jerm 12-04-2013 10:54 PM

I always thought if Saban left Bama and I have my doubts he will, it'd be to jump back to the NFL.

Could see Washington or Dallas trying to lure him back.

Eleazar 12-04-2013 10:58 PM

He doesn't have anything to prove, except maybe that he could use Texas to get the biggest pay rise ever out of Alabama.

warpaint* 12-04-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10249079)
I agree. I know the SEC has won 7 straight titles or whatever but there have been certain years where it could be argued that they did not have the best team (or at least another league should have been given the opportunity to prove otherwise)

But yes, the SEC has been and is the best football conference. However there are schools there that have been competing for 50 years and never won the conference. MU is still in that group until they do it. And it won't come without resistance.

The last time someone outside the Big 6 won was a split in 1976 where Kentucky shared with Georgia. Before that it was 1963 with Mississippi!

If Missouri wins Saturday it will make tremendous waves across the conference. There's no doubt in that.

You're right some years are debatable but the counter is that they won all those games ('06, '07) and sometimes decidedly so. In 2011 I have no doubt the 2 best teams played but I think the sport would have been better off as a whole had LSU played OkSt instead. But the Pokes have no one to blame. The rematches are always blah.

I posted that same stat about the Big 6 in our football thread earlier today. It is quite remarkable.

BigMeatballDave 12-04-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 10249120)
I always thought if Saban left Bama and I have my doubts he will, it'd be to jump back to the NFL.

Could see Washington or Dallas trying to lure him back.

No way. Too old.

Bambi 12-04-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10249137)
No way. Too old.

Agree. It's zoo much easier for these old guys to coach college. NFL is psycho level year round.

College is banquets and schmoozing.

Bambi 12-04-2013 11:43 PM

Washington job is getting interesting.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/huskyf...aching-search/

Pitt Gorilla 12-04-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10248935)

If Saban loses his offensive coordinator, might it make sense to say, ‘hey, I had a great run at Alabama, let me go double my salary at Texas and clean up in the vastly inferior Big 12 and grab another title or two before retiring.’

Jerm 12-05-2013 03:53 AM

Peterson has rebuffed USC and Oregon in the past...he really gonna leave Boise for.....Washington?

I don't see it.

Saul Good 12-05-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10249052)

The highest concentration of athletes is absolutely not in Texas...and it's not even close. Hell, the highest total number of athletes come out of Florida despite Texas having more population. Louisiana and Mississippi are cranking out football talent. They have the highest concentration, but they have fewer residents in total.

Bambi 12-05-2013 08:31 AM

Oops, I was incorrect. Seems the most NFL talent comes from California.

Texas is only #2

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...jpg?1368698016

Saul Good 12-05-2013 08:43 AM

Http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...sp?CID=1470883

Prison Bitch 12-05-2013 08:53 AM

If Saban really wants to clean up he will take a job in the SEC-E

Saul Good 12-05-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10249496)

If Pinkel wins the title and retires, I'd be happy to have Saban replace him. Unfortunately, if he's looking to coach somewhere easy as you suggest, he would obviously be better served in the Big 12 than in the SEC East...that is, if Sagarin is to be believed.

Eleazar 12-05-2013 09:03 AM

Saban might never lose a game again if he goes to the Big Bevo

Prison Bitch 12-05-2013 09:22 AM

He doesn't lose in the sec either

Eleazar 12-05-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10249549)
He doesn't lose in the sec either

Except for the fact that he's only been undefeated one year out of six there.

Bambi 12-05-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10249496)

ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni 12-05-2013 10:31 AM

You fools do realize the SEC E is superior to the entire Big Bevo right?

Saul Good 12-05-2013 10:32 AM

SEC East BCS national championships: 4

Big 12: 2

Ranked teams in the SEC east: 3
Big 12: 3

Top 5 teams in the SEC east: 1
Big 12: 0

Bambi 12-05-2013 11:06 AM

Not sure I see the Big 12 BCS teams losing to Georgia Southern but opinions are opinions.

WhawhaWhat 12-05-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10249862)
Not sure I see the Big 12 BCS teams losing to Georgia Southern but opinions are opinions.

What about North Dakota State or Northern Iowa?

Pasta Little Brioni 12-05-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Right. They just get crushed by Ole Miss.

Eleazar 12-05-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Don't worry about Florida, they are in a down year but it's not like they are going to turn into KU or anything.

Saul Good 12-05-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Not sure what you mean by that. KSU won the Big 12 and promptly got beat by an FCS school. Then, they turned around and had a winning record in the Big 12.

SEC teams that lose to shitty teams finish at the bottom of the conference. The Big 12 champ is going to be the only team besides TCU to have a conference loss to West Virginia. Ouch

Prison Bitch 12-05-2013 11:31 AM

If Saban wants a breeze he will go to the SEC-E. we've established that of course. If Pinkel wants to TRULY step up competition, he'll take te Washigton job to play in a vastly superior football conference.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-05-2013 11:33 AM

The only thing we've established is you looking like a complete buffoon

Bambi 12-05-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 10249866)
What about North Dakota State or Northern Iowa?

Sorry, I should have clarified...

"BCS bowl winning teams"

Saul Good 12-05-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10249951)

"BCS bowl winning teams"

Pretty sure Kansas lost to an FCS team since their BCS win.

Eleazar 12-05-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10249935)
If Saban wants a breeze he will go to the SEC-E. we've established that of course. If Pinkel wants to TRULY step up competition, he'll take te Washigton job to play in a vastly superior football conference.

Not even you can believe the nonsense you are typing anymore.

Bambi 12-05-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10249935)

The SEC East is pretty bad. Saban hasn't lost to them since 2010 (South Carolina). He would dominate that division. No powerhouses like Auburn or LSU to pick him off once in a while.

kepp 12-05-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10249961)

I think its kind of like politics. If you tell a lie enough times, you begin to believe it.

Saul Good 12-05-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10249969)
The SEC East is pretty bad. Saban hasn't lost to them since 2010 (South Carolina).

When did he last lose to a Big 12 team?

Bambi 12-05-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10249974)
When did he last lose to a Big 12 team?

Who cares? I said he'd do very well at Texas playing against the Big 12. Just as he would in the SEC East which when you really examine it, isn't a very good division.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-05-2013 11:45 AM

If the SEC East "sucks". The entire realm of college football "sucks" outside of the SEC West. You are goddamn morons.

Bambi 12-05-2013 11:54 AM

http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptu...saban-bevo.jpg

Titty Meat 12-05-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10249951)

"BCS bowl winning teams"

3-40

Saul Good 12-05-2013 12:07 PM

Maybe if Texas had Saban they could stay within 4 touchdowns of Ole Miss. Fortunately for Texas, they got to play the soft part of their schedule immediately after getting boat raced by an SEC doormat. Can you imagine if the Big 12 was as good as BYU or Ole Miss? Mack would have been fired after the first Big 12 game. Instead, he reeled off 7 straight wins.

That is absolutely pathetic.

Saul Good 12-05-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 10250036)
3-40

With a loss to an FCS team thrown in...

Saul Good 12-05-2013 12:23 PM

Its amazing how quickly Bambi can change direction.

Saban at Alabama: I wouldn't want to be associated with cheaters like Saban.

Unfounded rumor of Saban at Texas: splooge

If he does go, hopefully he has some success. College football is better when the Longhorns are among the top teams in Texas. It's been a while since that was the case.

Prison Bitch 12-05-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10249961)

Sagarin or Cochise? Hmmm, whom shall I trust?

Ebolapox 12-05-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10250097)
Sagarin or Cochise? Hmmm, whom shall I trust?

the hilarious part is that neither are likely to be even close to 100% accurate, but you don't need to look at bullshit computer rankings to know that's the case with cochise

(you know I love ya, cochise!)

Prison Bitch 12-05-2013 12:44 PM

Sagarin is essentially guaranteed to be right because the laws of mathematics. What fools such as yourself don't realize is he doesn't make up math laws, he just takes them and just applies it to sports. In the end it's a data set just like any other.

Saul Good 12-05-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10250132)
Sagarin is essentially guaranteed to be right because the laws of mathematics. What fools such as yourself don't realize is he doesn't make up math laws, he just takes them and just applies it to sports. In the end it's a data set just like any other.

That doesn't mean he's picking the right data sets. Have you not noticed how often the computers disagree?

ChiefsCountry 12-05-2013 12:54 PM

I guess North Dakota State is 22 best team in the nation. Missouri State is #107 team in Division 1 football.

Sagarins really accurate stuff.

Saul Good 12-05-2013 01:01 PM

UCF is either the second best team in the country or the 38th best team in the country according to Sagarin.

Bambi 12-05-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10250084)
Its amazing how quickly Bambi can change direction.

Saban at Alabama: I wouldn't want to be associated with cheaters like Saban.

Unfounded rumor of Saban at Texas: splooge

If he does go, hopefully he has some success. College football is better when the Longhorns are among the top teams in Texas. It's been a while since that was the case.

I don't want Saban in the Big 12. The last thing I want is a coach in my league that dominates like Saban dominates the SEC East.

I'm not making these photoshops but they are pretty funny.

Saul Good 12-05-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10250187)
I don't want Saban in the Big 12. The last thing I want is a coach in my league that dominates like Saban dominates the SEC East.

I'm not making these photoshops but they are pretty funny.

I'm pretty sure every coach dominates Kansas.

DJ's left nut 12-05-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10250145)
That doesn't mean he's picking the right data sets. Have you not noticed how often the computers disagree?

Well until Sagarin 'retrofits' the model.

I do love how the guy tinkers with the formula all season and then calls it 'predictive'.

Saul Good 12-05-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 10250206)

I do love how the guy tinkers with the formula all season and then calls it 'predictive'.

I'll put my record of predicting past winners up against anyone...man or machine.

Prison Bitch 12-05-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10250145)

There is only 1 data set: scores of games. You might be thinking that he interprets the values of those scores differently but all analysts use the same data set. (Also, "computers" do nothing. It's always the analyst)

As for if they disagree, to some degree they do but more often than not they're pretty equal. There's only so much you can do with math equations. Standard deviations are what they are. How to interpret the error levels are about all they differ on.

Prison Bitch 12-05-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 10250206)

I'm really amazed how stupid you sound. It's almost stunning to observe your ignorance here.

baitism 12-05-2013 07:49 PM

Jesus Christ West Virginia sucks at everything.

ChiefsCountry 12-05-2013 07:59 PM

How about some real realignment news.
http://www.thesummitleague.org/sport...20413-orujoins

GoChargers 12-05-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10250165)
UCF is either the second best team in the country or the 38th best team in the country according to Sagarin.

It's amazing how laughable the method of deciding a champion is in this sport when you really look closely at how they're judging teams.

tredadda 12-05-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10250978)
I'm really amazed how stupid you sound. It's almost stunning to observe your ignorance here.

Pot meet kettle. There is literally no forum on here where you are not ridiculed for your stupidity and ignorance. Sad.

tredadda 12-05-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitism (Post 10251051)
Jesus Christ West Virginia sucks at everything.

Upgrade over MU and aTm./ KU fans.

Bambi 12-05-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 10251264)
Upgrade over MU and aTm./ KU fans.

I seriously doubt you're going to find many KU fans who would rather be playing WVU year in and year out than Mizzou. Kansas and Missouri are regionally accessible and obviously the rivalry that lasted for 100 years is much more entertaining than trying to just "start playing someone new" who you have no ties to.

Obviously WVU brings much more athletic accomplishment to the conference than Missouri but that doesn't mean KU fans like the setup. Most everyone preferred the original arrangement.

Bambi 12-05-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10251072)
How about some real realignment news.
http://www.thesummitleague.org/sport...20413-orujoins

haha

Discuss Thrower 12-05-2013 09:52 PM

The "real" realignment news I saw on teh ShaggBevo was that "NCAA Division 4" would be broken down into conferences which are spelled out here: http://ncaa2014.us/pcd70.pdf "

Bambi 12-05-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10251362)
The "real" realignment news I saw on teh ShaggBevo was that "NCAA Division 4" would be broken down into conferences which are spelled out here: http://ncaa2014.us/pcd70.pdf "

oh hell yea Northern Illinois

Bambi 12-05-2013 10:21 PM

Big 12 was 2-1 vs the SEC tonight. Who's next?

Pitt Gorilla 12-05-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10251473)
Big 12 was 2-1 vs the SEC tonight. Who's next?

Who was the team big bevo couldn't beat?

Bambi 12-05-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10251492)
Who was the team big bevo couldn't beat?

The Longhorns actually look pretty good this year. Only one loss with a win in their Big 12-SEC game the other night over Vandy.

Pitt Gorilla 12-05-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10251514)
The Longhorns actually look pretty good this year. Only one loss with a win in their Big 12-SEC game the other night over Vandy.

Totally understand you avoiding the question. To be honest, I had no idea Mizzou won until well after the game, so I can't talk too much.

Bambi 12-05-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10251543)
Totally understand you avoiding the question. To be honest, I had no idea Mizzou won until well after the game, so I can't talk too much.

I don't understand your question then. You asked who Bevo lost to and I told you they won. What am I missing?

Bambi 12-05-2013 11:53 PM

typical KU students…

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Baxo59fCMAAJUYk.jpg:large

tredadda 12-06-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10251350)
I seriously doubt you're going to find many KU fans who would rather be playing WVU year in and year out than Mizzou. Kansas and Missouri are regionally accessible and obviously the rivalry that lasted for 100 years is much more entertaining than trying to just "start playing someone new" who you have no ties to.

Obviously WVU brings much more athletic accomplishment to the conference than Missouri but that doesn't mean KU fans like the setup. Most everyone preferred the original arrangement.

There were quite a few that felt like the Big 12 lost little in losing MU and aTm and adding WVU and TCU made the conference stronger. Granted, this might have just been bitterness over MU and aTm leaving but lets not pretend like a lot did not feel that way. This was not just KU fans, but fans from all the teams in the Big 12 felt this way. We will see in a few years how bad KU wants to renew the rivalry as the Border War should continue on as an OOC game every year (although it would hurt Missouri's overall SOS).