ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the Patriots (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320388)

Coochie liquor 01-16-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhamBlock (Post 14043907)
The Chiefs have significantly more sacks. 52. We played another team with 52 sacks on the road this season and they only had 2 sacks that game, and another team with 50 sacks at home, who had 2 sacks against us.

Sorry but if you are hoping for some inordinate amount of sacks against this Sunday, you're going to be disappointed. You better hope that your guys can actually cover, which they haven't shown that they can do for the vast majority of the season.

Patriots hosting LAC
Pats 2 sacks 1 int 3 pass td allowed

Chiefs hosting LAC
Chiefs 5 sacks 2 int 2 pass td allowed

stevegroganfan 01-16-2019 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThanksForTheLoan (Post 14044182)
No, I am surprised that Chiefs fans are completely disrespecting the Pats and taking cues from the Patriot-hating media that makes things up and just regurgitates lies as wishful thinking, hoping NE just disappears because of it.

I mean, we all know you were rooting for SD last week, and we know why.

SO, it doesn't make sense to act like you have this game in the bag.

I like the Chiefs. I always have. I appreciate Hunt loaning Sullivan money last minute to help our franchise become a franchise in 1960.

And, I think your fans are good and have deserved better through the years, and I know how exciting that feeling is for the first home AFC Title game. I was at ours in 1996 and it is probably my favorite sports memory, including a gazillion Sox and B's games growing up as a kid.

My reaction would be this:

We have to play the Pats with no turnovers and hope home field can the be the difference.

It wouldn't be 90% of what I read on this board. It's just confusing. This ain't the Colts, the Texans, or whatever half baked franchise coming in there.

I don't doubt the crowd can make the difference in this game and I realize KC overall record in home playoff games but playing for the super bowl is different than first or second round games.

I don't think the Chiefs player and coaching staff will be fooled by the Patriots. I think they know while they won't be getting lets say the best Patriots team in terms of talent during the Brady years, they will be getting a very tough opponent that is relatively healthy.

Certain playoff games I wasn't optimistic at all because of lack of talent/and or injuries but if Chiefs win this game, I suspect they are going to have to truly earn it. Barring key Patriot injury since obviously if Brady goes down early with injury, Patriots are burnt toast given below average backups. And if Edelman or even Gronk goes down in this game in first half given Josh Gordon is out, it will be hard for Patriots to score enough points to win.

Unlike let's say the NFC teams that advanced, I don't think the Patriots or Chiefs fully earned their wins last week. Their opponents were not that good in terms of their play and/or schemes. Luck looked like a QB with a bum shoulder. Unless you are truly elite, playing zone against Brady isn't the way to go. IF need be, Brady could have scored another touchdown or two but Patriots obviously let up after that first half and just wanted clock to run out.

Philly beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl and they earned it. Slightly better team that day one the game.

Yehoodi 01-16-2019 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertWeathers (Post 14043997)
I do know it's not AndyJohnson.

okay :)

RollChiefsRoll 01-16-2019 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThanksForTheLoan (Post 14044259)
Beautiful. This is exactly what I want more of. This sentiment will be all over the pre game bulletin board material before the take the field.

Enjoy the game Sunday!

Yeah I can see it now.

"Hey Tom, can you believe what this BleedingRed guy on Chiefsplanet.com said?!"

BleedingRed 01-16-2019 01:39 PM

Who has the better....

Offense

Special Teams

Defense

Common Patriot fans add it up.......

ThanksForTheLoan 01-16-2019 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14044222)
We're so nervous, we're visiting rival message boards and reassuring them that this is the great team ever, with the greatest coach ever, and the greatest QB ever.

That's rich.

Not really. Some of us enjoy good, strategic discussions with the opponent.

If you were in the lot at Gillette, it'd be the same deal. Just some friendly opponent discussion.

But, your insecurity is showing a bit now, which seems to be a prevailing theme throughout this thread.

If you had something of substance to counter with, you would've already done it.

WhamBlock 01-16-2019 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 14044270)
Patriots hosting LAC
Pats 2 sacks 1 int 3 pass td allowed

Chiefs hosting LAC
Chiefs 5 sacks 2 int 2 pass td allowed

LOL!

Rivers was under pressure on over 70% of his passes against us and was held to like 120 yards and 7 points until garbage time.

Your pass rush at home against him was so effective that he beat you.

ThanksForTheLoan 01-16-2019 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll (Post 14044275)
Yeah I can see it now.

"Hey Tom, can you believe what this BleedingRed guy on Chiefsplanet.com said?!"

Umm, apparently you aren't aware of what BB does to motivate his players.

I am not saying it's coming from this board, but I can guarantee you there are people that work for the organization that go around collecting this kind of stuff for BB.

Absolutely.

Imon Yourside 01-16-2019 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14044222)
We're so nervous, we're visiting rival message boards and reassuring them that this is the great team ever, with the greatest coach ever, and the greatest QB ever.

That's rich.

Right we don't have to manafacture outrage and pretend we never get a break. THE NFL hates the Patwiots wahhhhhh

RollChiefsRoll 01-16-2019 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThanksForTheLoan (Post 14044285)

I am not saying it's coming from this board, but I can guarantee you there are people that work for the organization that go around collecting this kind of stuff for BB.

Absolutely.

Oh, word? Well hopefully Bill's staffers find this one:

**** the Patriots. You're about to get your shit pushed in.

htismaqe 01-16-2019 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThanksForTheLoan (Post 14044277)
Not really. Some of us enjoy good, strategic discussions with the opponent.

If you were in the lot at Gillette, it'd be the same deal. Just some friendly opponent discussion.

But, your insecurity is showing a bit now, which seems to be a prevailing theme throughout this thread.

If you had something of substance to counter with, you would've already done it.

ROFL

Amateur internet psychologist over here, diagnosing my insecurity.

Here's the deal:

We had plenty of substance - IN WEEK SIX - when the first lot of Patriotrolls showed up here.

You want us to talk football and be intelligent but no matter what we say it's "BRADY GOAT. BILL BEST. YOU LOSE"

How about this?

**** YOU

ThanksForTheLoan 01-16-2019 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14044276)
Who has the better....

Offense

Special Teams

Defense

Common Patriot fans add it up.......

Offense - Even (Match up does favor NE, though - I can still see Ford trying to run with James White or Cordarrell Patterson and NE's secondary will do well vs KC's offense again, they just need to avoid 1-2 brain farts like the last time)

Special Teams - Even? (NE's was horrid to start the year, but two sneaky acauisitions mid season of McClellan and Humber have seemingly stabilized it) - Gostkowski is good. RYan Allen is good)

Coaching/Intangibles/Weather - NE

Homefield - Obviously KC

htismaqe 01-16-2019 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThanksForTheLoan (Post 14044285)

Absolutely.

That BB, he's the smartest most bestest coach ever.

ThanksForTheLoan 01-16-2019 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14044292)
ROFL

Amateur internet psychologist over here, diagnosing my insecurity.

Here's the deal:

We had plenty of substance - IN WEEK SIX - when the first lot of Patriotrolls showed up here.

You want us to talk football and be intelligent but no matter what we say it's "BRADY GOAT. BILL BEST. YOU LOSE"

How about this?

**** YOU

^^Again, sweet insecurity on display.

I like Midwesterners from Minnesota and Wisconsin (and Iowa) a lot more. You people are flat out just angry.

What is it?

Chief_N_Bama 01-16-2019 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThanksForTheLoan (Post 14044182)
No, I am surprised that Chiefs fans are completely disrespecting the Pats and taking cues from the Patriot-hating media that makes things up and just regurgitates lies as wishful thinking, hoping NE just disappears because of it.

I mean, we all know you were rooting for SD last week, and we know why.

SO, it doesn't make sense to act like you have this game in the bag.

I like the Chiefs. I always have. I appreciate Hunt loaning Sullivan money last minute to help our franchise become a franchise in 1960.

And, I think your fans are good and have deserved better through the years, and I know how exciting that feeling is for the first home AFC Title game. I was at ours in 1996 and it is probably my favorite sports memory, including a gazillion Sox and B's games growing up as a kid.

My reaction would be this:

We have to play the Pats with no turnovers and hope home field can the be the difference.

It wouldn't be 90% of what I read on this board. It's just confusing. This ain't the Colts, the Texans, or whatever half baked franchise coming in there.

NE was 3 points better than KC at Gillette, after being up 15, in Mahomes 7th career start, in which NE had zero penalties and won the turnover battle and TOP.

Now 5,000 yards and 50 TD's later, Mahomes get's to welcome Brady to his house.

Why wouldn't Chiefs fans be confident? We should just take your word for it that NE will somehow stop KC's offense? You guys act as though BB is the only one watching film of that first game, and is making adjustments.

Can't believe it bothers you that a fan base doesn't show the requisite deference to your team... lol

Chief_N_Bama 01-16-2019 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThanksForTheLoan (Post 14044301)

I like Midwesterners from Minnesota and Wisconsin (and Iowa) a lot more. You people are flat out just angry.

What is it?

... says the Patriot fan posting on a Chief forum...

... and the guy all bent out of shape over "disrespect" on an opposing teams site... lol

ThanksForTheLoan 01-16-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14044296)
That BB, he's the smartest most bestest coach ever.

Umm, he is the best coach of all time. Obviously.

A commissioner was literally hired to find ways to try to slow him down.

He drafted and developed Brady, too. His GM work is wildly underrated, too. The best of the Cap Era, the best of all time for this kind of sustained success.

Your jealousy of this only makes you look bad.

That said, these facts won't have a ton to do on Sunday unless Reid screws up and panics again.

htismaqe 01-16-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThanksForTheLoan (Post 14044301)

What is it?

ROFL

If only you knew were I was from then, because it's not Missouri or Kansas.

Let me put this in plain English that even Patriot fan can understand:

ME NOT WORRIED. ME ANNOYED. PATRIOT FAN STUBBORN, SAYS WANTS FOOTBALL TALK BUT NOT ACTUALLY WANT FOOTBALL TALK. ACTUALLY WANT TO PROVE SUPERIORITY.

htismaqe 01-16-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama (Post 14044307)

... and the guy all bent out of shape over "disrespect" on an opposing teams site... lol

Exactly. He's a smart one.

RollChiefsRoll 01-16-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama (Post 14044304)
Why wouldn't Chiefs fans be confident? We should just take your word for it that NE will somehow stop KC's offense? You guys act as though BB is the only one watching film of that first game, and is making adjustments.

Andy Reid has the second-most playoff wins of any active NFL coach, but no he doesn't know shit. Meanwhile, Bill's over there getting Chiefsplanet.com posts printed out for the bulletin board so we are uber-****ed.

Coochie liquor 01-16-2019 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThanksForTheLoan(Bandwagon Pats fan) (Post 14044259)
Beautiful. This is exactly what I want more of. This sentiment will be all over the pre game bulletin board material before the take the field.

Enjoy the game Sunday!

How ****ed up is your life if you think your team is gonna take stuff written on an internet message board, by opposing fans, and use that as BB material? Lmao! Is the earth flat or round??

Chief_N_Bama 01-16-2019 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThanksForTheLoan (Post 14044293)
Offense - Even (Match up does favor NE, though - I can still see Ford trying to run with James White or Cordarrell Patterson and NE's secondary will do well vs KC's offense again, they just need to avoid 1-2 brain farts like the last time)

Special Teams - Even? (NE's was horrid to start the year, but two sneaky acauisitions mid season of McClellan and Humber have seemingly stabilized it) - Gostkowski is good. RYan Allen is good)

Homefield - Obviously KC

... and you guys wonder why no one bothers talking scheme with you... y'all clearly no nothing about football...

Chief_N_Bama 01-16-2019 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll (Post 14044314)
Andy Reid has the second-most playoff wins of any active NFL coach, but no he doesn't know shit. Meanwhile, Bill's over there getting Chiefsplanet.com posts printed out for the bulletin board so we are uber-****ed.

ROFL

ThanksForTheLoan 01-16-2019 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama (Post 14044307)

I think you have chosen the wrong word ("disrespect").

Chiefs fans whistling past the graveyard matching up wit the Pats are MORONS.

I want you to disrespect and be cocky. Just surprised at the AMOUNT of people in here doing it.Pats fans have seen this so many times.

ThanksForTheLoan 01-16-2019 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama (Post 14044323)
ROFL

Where does Marty Schottenheimer go on that list?

Just curious. bawahah

Yehoodi 01-16-2019 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 14044027)
You guys are an excellent team. It's going to take KC's "A" game to win on Sunday. NE, not as dominant as previous teams, but has a wealth of experience on their side. That accounts for so much.

For me, looking at all the metrics, this really comes down to a really odd (and wide) split: home defense vs. away defense. KC's is night/day. And NE's is night/day. I don't know why. KC's defense is just monumentally better at home and NE's is not very good on the road. Some of it is probably schedule-driven but, that said, it is what it is.

I think both offenses are going to move the ball. Brady will do what he does. There will be confusion and mismatches all over. If our pass rush can get to him, and force one or two mistakes (if even just bad throws), I like our chances. Mahomes, if flushed out, seems to thrive. If the pressure comes from one side, it could be trouble for NE. If it comes from the middle, it's trouble for KC.

Again, I keep pointing to the home/road splits and I think this is what makes the difference. If we were in NE, I'd think the same thing.

Agreed the home/away thing up and down the board over the entire game does have a factor. I do wish we were in Foxboro, but that is not going to happen.

The crowd could get to our Oline like it has in prior playoff games. Also, we have made mental mistakes on the road that we need to avoid.

I really wish we still had Amendola.

We not as strong in years past and we need to plan clean this Sunday.

KC did not show any signs of rust or nerves this past Saturday.

The Pats need to bring our A game too.

Although we are not in Foxboro, one silver lining is that it would be a nice story if Brady and Co. can go into Arrowhead and secure a win.

Aspengc8 01-16-2019 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThanksForTheLoan (Post 14044293)

Homefield - Obviously KC

Whatever little 'football' credibility you had left, just went buh-bye right there. you wouldn't happen to be the inventor of the infamous '52 bearcat mike' defense, are you?

ThanksForTheLoan 01-16-2019 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 14044316)
How ****ed up is your life if you think your team is gonna take stuff written on an internet message board, by opposing fans, and use that as BB material? Lmao! Is the earth flat or round??

Are you this stupid?

Before SB 39, BB read of Andy Reid's parade route in Philly. The team was in shock and incensed looking around the room during the Walkthrough meeting on Saturday night.

YES. YES! BB does stuff like that and looks under every rock to get his team ready to play a game.

Just because you're a little uneducated out there and don't know facts and realities, doesn't mean they don't exist.

Your reputation as educated fans, is waning. Big time.

htismaqe 01-16-2019 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThanksForTheLoan (Post 14044324)

I want you to disrespect and be cocky. Just surprised at the AMOUNT of people in here doing it.Pats fans have seen this so many times.

See here's the thing, we ALREADY KNOW how good the Patriots are, we already know how good their coach is, and we already know who Tom Brady is (we also know who his son his since he likes to kiss him on the mouth, but anyway)...

You coming here and "educating" us doesn't change any of that. It just makes us less inclined to acknowledge it. Not because the Chiefs are better or because the Patriots aren't good.

It's because you are a troll and there's no point in actually talking about football with you. It wouldn't matter what we said, you made up your mind before you ever signed in here. So don't act like this is unexpected. You didn't come here for honest football talk, you came here for THIS.

To tell us all how much better you are than us bunch ah midwestern hicks.

Chief_N_Bama 01-16-2019 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThanksForTheLoan (Post 14044324)

Now tell me how many of those times have been when NE was on the road in the playoffs?

ThanksForTheLoan 01-16-2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 14044332)
Whatever little 'football' credibility you had left, just went buh-bye right there. you wouldn't happen to be the inventor of the infamous '52 bearcat mike' defense, are you?

It went by? Then why did I see Cordarrelle Patterson running right by a pass rushing Dee Ford from the October game? Did I just imagine this? Did I imagine James White's 15 grabs last week into the flat?

Your LBs are worse in coverage than the 7 DBs just used on Sunday.

It's not my issue your homerism can't see the reality.

ThanksForTheLoan 01-16-2019 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama (Post 14044342)
Now tell me how many of those times have been when NE was on the road in the playoffs?

They're a 1 see every year. 2004 is the best example @ Pitt. This has a very similar feeling to that.

Steelers fans looked past the Pats big time and though the 10.31 game in Pitt meant something.

lol

RollChiefsRoll 01-16-2019 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThanksForTheLoan (Post 14044337)

Let me tell you, we're ****ing devastated.

htismaqe 01-16-2019 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThanksForTheLoan (Post 14044354)
They're a 1 see every year. 2004 is the best example @ Pitt. This has a very similar feeling to that.

Steelers fans looked past the Pats big time and though the 10.31 game in Pitt meant something.

lol

Because the fans have such an effect on the game.

ThanksForTheLoan 01-16-2019 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14044340)
See here's the thing, we ALREADY KNOW how good the Patriots are, we already know how good their coach is, and we already know who Tom Brady is (we also know who his son his since he likes to kiss him on the mouth, but anyway)...

You coming here and "educating" us doesn't change any of that. It just makes us less inclined to acknowledge it. Not because the Chiefs are better or because the Patriots aren't good.

It's because you are a troll and there's no point in actually talking about football with you. It wouldn't matter what we said, you made up your mind before you ever signed in here. So don't act like this is unexpected. You didn't come here for honest football talk, you came here for THIS.

To tell us all how much better you are than us bunch ah midwestern hicks.

How am I troll? I am the only one (alongside other knowledgeable Pats fans) talking actual football. It's just you insecure types darting in and out of the thread one by one not engaging in football discussions.

That's pretty telling to an objective reader.

You keep responding, but you never counter and just tap out like a child.

Chief_N_Bama 01-16-2019 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThanksForTheLoan (Post 14044337)
Are you this stupid?

Before SB 39, BB read of Andy Reid's parade route in Philly. The team was in shock and incensed looking around the room during the Walkthrough meeting on Saturday night.

YES. YES! BB does stuff like that and looks under every rock to get his team ready to play a game.

Just because you're a little uneducated out there and don't know facts and realities, doesn't mean they don't exist.

Reading of Reid's parade route in philly =/= scouring opposing team message board in search of bulletin board material.

And fortunately , your reputation as a spoiled and condescendingly ignorant fanbase remains well intact...

WhamBlock 01-16-2019 01:58 PM

Quote:

The #Patriots will want to change up their looks/disguise defenses so as to not let Mahomes get comfortable, they're still predominantly a man coverage team - for good reason. Opposing QBs complete just 53% of their passes vs. Pats in man with a passer rating of 78.5, best in NFL
twitter.com/MikeGiardi/status/1085613912882589696

ThanksForTheLoan 01-16-2019 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14044366)
Because the fans have such an effect on the game.

Well, you're claiming homefield is an advantage with the fans.

Which is it?

BleedingRed 01-16-2019 01:58 PM

Quote:

lol

We are not looking past you, we are looking right at you. And we are no scared nor do we see a reason to be.

htismaqe 01-16-2019 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThanksForTheLoan (Post 14044370)
Well, you're claiming homefield is an advantage with the fans.

Which is it?

You were talking about message boards, not stadiums. ROFL

BossChief 01-16-2019 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThanksForTheLoan (Post 14044129)
Exactly.

I can't believe Chiefs fans wild over-confidence on here. You think they were playing the Texans or something.

Very strange.

Also, the typical "cheating" excuse/lie towards the beginning of this thread, is what we always saw from Indy and other loser fanbases who had fear. It seems to always be a pre-emptive excuse strike in case they lose.

Some teams execute framejobs against the Pats (Jets and Colts), and I don't expect that here from KC at all, but they best hope the players on KC aren't coming in with such an attitude.

The Patriots aren’t the same team as they’ve been in the past.

They are a 3-5 road team now that hasn’t won a playoff game away from Gillette in over a decade.

Prepare your booty

RollChiefsRoll 01-16-2019 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14044371)
We are not looking past you, we are looking right at you. And we are no scared nor do we see a reason to be.

God DAMMIT--be scared already, BleedingRed!!

Chief_N_Bama 01-16-2019 02:00 PM

Quote:

lol

I must have missed that game. Did the fans play poorly or something?

WhamBlock 01-16-2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14044380)
They are a 3-5 road team now that hasn’t won a playoff game away from Gillette in over a decade.

The Chiefs haven't won an AFCCG at home in their entire existence.

BleedingRed 01-16-2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll (Post 14044381)
God DAMMIT--be scared already, BleedingRed!!

https://media.giphy.com/media/NykhbNrc7nEkg/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6ZsZ...aQes/giphy.gif
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-7S5nGhsd6.../s1600/101.gif
https://i.amz.mshcdn.com/iO_RuSmuvPc...2Fbradying.gif

Chief_N_Bama 01-16-2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhamBlock (Post 14044392)
The Chiefs haven't won an AFCCG at home in their entire existence.

Because there are players on this years team that were on those teams...

WhamBlock 01-16-2019 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama (Post 14044398)

My bad, I thought we were just posting irrelevant facts for the fun of it.

ThanksForTheLoan 01-16-2019 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhamBlock (Post 14044369)
twitter.com/MikeGiardi/status/1085613912882589696

Yep. They're going to have to mix in some zone, though, even though Mahomes does well against it.

The key is not letting get right, which means not letting him step up and run right to buy more time.

Also, limit the big play to Hill and Kelce, and make him throw MORE -on drives like the first half of the first match up with the 2 INTs and his happy feet.

RollChiefsRoll 01-16-2019 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama (Post 14044398)

Don't you see, Chief_N_Bama, you're supposed to be ****ing scared already. Stop resisting it!!

ThanksForTheLoan 01-16-2019 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama (Post 14044383)
I must have missed that game. Did the fans play poorly or something?

If you don;t think football is an emotional game and about attitude/mentality, I cannot help you.

Whoa.

htismaqe 01-16-2019 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhamBlock (Post 14044401)

Only ones from this year, because previous years don't matter.

And only ones from October on, because September is still the preseason.

And only ones from certain stadiums, because the team never wins there.

And only ones from the game where the QB didn't have an MCL sprain, even though seemingly his knee was hurt in every loss.

And once you get through those, we can only look at games where they ran plays named after protozoans. And even then only SPARINGLY, we have to look at those with a rate of 8-10%.

ThanksForTheLoan 01-16-2019 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14044380)
The Patriots aren’t the same team as they’ve been in the past.

Prepare your booty

Keep thinking that.

You keep drinking anti-Pats media Koolaid, and you'll be sucking your thumb Sunday night wondering what happened.

My goodness. You'd think after 20 years of people disrespecting the Pats and being burned, you'd stop.

lol

I love it. Love everything about it....Underdog, road game so they can shut everyone up, etc.

Plays right into their hands.

htismaqe 01-16-2019 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThanksForTheLoan (Post 14044405)
Also, limit the big play to Hill and Kelce, and make him throw MORE -on drives like the first half of the first match up with the 2 INTs and his happy feet.

It was his 7th start. If you've watched him over the course of the season, you've seen his footwork steadily improve. The "happy feet" are almost gone.

htismaqe 01-16-2019 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThanksForTheLoan (Post 14044417)
Keep thinking that.

You keep drinking anti-Pats media Koolaid, and you'll be sucking your thumb Sunday night wondering what happened.

My goodness. You'd think after 20 years of people disrespecting the Pats and being burned, you'd stop.

lol

I love it. Love everything about it....Underdog, road game so they can shut everyone up, etc.

Wow, the insecurity in this post.

Chief_N_Bama 01-16-2019 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhamBlock (Post 14044401)

So, the Pats record on the road THIS year is irrelevant, huh? And you guys wonder why no one wants to talk football with you...

Sassy Squatch 01-16-2019 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14044421)
Wow, the insecurity in this post.

He was calling us hillbillies and other nice things until it got exposed that he's from North Carolina. He promptly stopped. LMAO Poor guy also gets pretty upset if you point out his shitty grammar.

Chief_N_Bama 01-16-2019 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThanksForTheLoan (Post 14044410)
If you don;t think football is an emotional game and about attitude/mentality, I cannot help you.

Whoa.

Oh, I agree, but the fans though? The fans? On internet message boards?

Lol... I'm not the one needing help...

RollChiefsRoll 01-16-2019 02:15 PM

We're all scared and fully respect the Patriots. We're expecting to lose. You win, fellas. Here's some spank-bank material to send you on your way--bye!

https://s1.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/e...0-53-44-AM.png

htismaqe 01-16-2019 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14044432)
He was calling us hillbillies and other nice things until it got exposed that he's from North Carolina. He promptly stopped. LMAO Poor guy also gets pretty upset if you point out his shitty grammar.

Maybe he actually intended to type Adderall instead of afterall?

LOL

BossChief 01-16-2019 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThanksForTheLoan (Post 14044417)
Keep thinking that.

lol

Media kool aid?

Your favorite football team only won 3 games away from Gillette this year and those were by teams with bad QBs.

WhamBlock 01-16-2019 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama (Post 14044426)
So, the Pats record on the road THIS year is irrelevant, huh? And you guys wonder why no one wants to talk football with you...

Weren't you guys using last week's game (a single game) as an indicator that your defense is awesome now, while ignoring the regular season?

SupDock 01-16-2019 02:29 PM

Everyone say hi to Bill Belichick!

Frosty 01-16-2019 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14044413)
Only ones from this year, because previous years don't matter.

And only ones from October on, because September is still the preseason.

And only ones from certain stadiums, because the team never wins there.

And only ones from the game where the QB didn't have an MCL sprain, even though seemingly his knee was hurt in every loss.

And once you get through those, we can only look at games where they ran plays named after protozoans. And even then only SPARINGLY, we have to look at those with a rate of 8-10%.

Not to mention that the Pats intentionally played bad in those late road games so that they lost HFA and everyone would overlook them and then - TADA! - they will suddenly play like the greatest team ever in the AFCCG.

Coochie liquor 01-16-2019 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14044379)
You were talking about message boards, not stadiums. ROFL

The guy can’t follow his own conversations, but we’re supposed to be impressed with his football knowledge.

Chief_N_Bama 01-16-2019 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhamBlock (Post 14044480)
Weren't you guys using last week's game (a single game) as an indicator that your defense is awesome now, while ignoring the regular season?

You don't understand that some data points are more relevant than others. NE being 3-5 on the road this year, and KC's performance at home LAST WEEK are far, far, far, more germane to Sundays game than events more than 3+ years ago...

Yehoodi 01-16-2019 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll (Post 14044439)
We're all scared and fully respect the Patriots. We're expecting to lose. You win, fellas. Here's some spank-bank material to send you on your way--bye!

https://s1.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/e...0-53-44-AM.png

Oh dear, them swim trunks are a wee bit tight. . .

Coochie liquor 01-16-2019 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 14044496)
Not to mention that the Pats intentionally played bad in those late road games so that they lost HFA and everyone would overlook them and then - TADA! - they will suddenly play like the greatest team ever in the AFCCG.

God damned Bill is a GENIOUS!!

htismaqe 01-16-2019 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 14044496)

Football rope-a-dope. GENIOUS!!!

patyoulikemahomes 01-16-2019 02:41 PM

Only concern I have going into the game is how Mahomes will react if offense isn’t clicking as wel in the first quarter and patriots are doing a good job defensively limiting him.

Will he be patient or play erratically trying to make the right play. What if there is an INT or a a fumble etc etc. In this magnitude type of game with the pressure on, I’m not sure how Pat will react.

With that said, go chiefs

Chiefnj2 01-16-2019 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhamBlock (Post 14044480)

The defense hasn't given up more than 29 points at home since the 2nd week of 2015. They haven't been dominant, but are much better at home than on the road.

SupDock 01-16-2019 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patyoulikemahomes (Post 14044532)
Only concern I have going into the game is how Mahomes will react if offense isn’t clicking as wel in the first quarter and patriots are doing a good job defensively limiting him.

Will he be patient or play erratically trying to make the right play. What if there is an INT or a a fumble etc etc. In this magnitude type of game with the pressure on, I’m not sure how Pat will react.

With that said, go chiefs

I can completely understand that concern, however he has shown a lot of resilience in big situations.

WhamBlock 01-16-2019 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama (Post 14044505)
You don't understand that some data points are more relevant than others. NE being 3-5 on the road this year, and KC's performance at home LAST WEEK are far, far, far, more germane to Sundays game than events more than 3+ years ago...

It's not more relevant at all just because you pray hard for that to be the case. Completely different schemes and personnel matchups this week.

WhamBlock 01-16-2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 14044533)
The defense hasn't given up more than 29 points at home since the 2nd week of 2015. They haven't been dominant, but are much better at home than on the road.

The 2018 defense is not the 2017 defense, the 2016 defense, or 2015 defense. Another irrelevant fact.

htismaqe 01-16-2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 14044533)

History doesn't count. 2015 isn't 2018.

Imon Yourside 01-16-2019 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhamBlock (Post 14044555)
The 2018 defense is not the 2017 defense, the 2016 defense, or 2015 defense. Another irrelevant fact.

17 ppg at home, ignore at your own peril.

SupDock 01-16-2019 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhamBlock (Post 14044550)
It's not more relevant at all just because you pray hard for that to be the case. Completely different schemes and personnel matchups this week.

So let me guess, the only things that are relevant are those that are positive for the Patriots and negative for the Chiefs?

WhamBlock 01-16-2019 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14044557)
History doesn't count. 2015 isn't 2018.

Andy Reid is 0-2 vs Belichick in the playoffs.

The Chiefs have 0 home wins in the AFCCG.

You're doomed because of history.

Imon Yourside 01-16-2019 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupDock (Post 14044565)
So let me guess, the only things that are relevant are those that are positive for the Patriots and negative for the Chiefs?

LMAO even as slim as they are, yes he's trying to convince himself.

WhamBlock 01-16-2019 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 14044564)
17 ppg at home, ignore at your own peril.

Against some of the worst offenses in the league. The best offense you faced at home this season beat you.

RollChiefsRoll 01-16-2019 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupDock (Post 14044565)

Bingo! Now get scared already!