ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=328296)

Hern 01-21-2020 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14741663)
Nope. Because that 26th ranked run defense literally doesn't exist anymore. But if it makes you feel better to think we still are the 26th ranked run D, have at it. Just don't be disappointed if they don't play like it come Feb. 2.

I don’t think he’d be disappointed. I think y’all will be if they play like the 26th ranked defense.

BossChief 01-21-2020 12:01 AM

These are from December 1st and on...
Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14629539)
**** Baltimore.

**** NE.

**** Buffalo.

This Chiefs team is going to win out

1 more game

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14629564)
Last years defense was stupid and untalented.

This years defense is smart and more talented at arguably every position over last years defense.

This Chiefs team is going to be a bunch of ****ing savages the rest of the way.

SAVAGES.

Savages

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14631165)
**** Baltimore. We kicked their ass till we took the foot off the gas in the 4th quarter. 30-13 with 13 minutes left. **** em.

**** New England. We’re about to beat them convincingly Sunday.

This bunch of savages in KC is going to win the ****ing Super Bowl.

Baltimore wasn’t ready enough for Tennessee

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14647373)
**** Baltimore.

**** NE.

**** SF.

**** NO.

**** GB.

**** Seattle.

The Savages from KC are going to win the Super Bowl.

Believe
Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14658836)
It doesn’t matter how the seedlings fall.

These red and gold savages are going to rape and pillage every team that tries to get between them and their trophy.

These guys are earning Super Bowl rings this season.

Rings
Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14649465)
Anybody thinking this Chiefs team is going to ease up after “an emotional win” hasn’t been paying attention.

This Chiefs squad is LOCKED IN and Denver is flat out scared of us.

Denver is going to come out with lots of energy and will be flying around the first 10 minutes. Then, they will go down 2 scores by the middle of the second quarter and won’t have that same energy.

They are going to get punched in the mouth 3-4 times and will start to play on their heels and show fear.

This is going to be a 3 score Chiefs lead in the 4th and Denver is goi g to leave KC deflated of any energy they got from the Houston game.

We all know it.

These Chiefs aren’t losing another game till next November at the earliest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14675565)
The savages of KC aren’t going to lose again this season.

I said it right after the Titans game and I meant it.

It’s a shame we didn’t have Pennel all season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14670492)
Baltimore is overrated.

The Chiefs are winning it all this year and won’t lose again till next November.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14679479)
We match up well with the nfc squads, too.

These savages on the way to winning it all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14676887)
I can’t believe anyone is worried about the possibility of playing the Titans.

We would beat them by multiple scores.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14698610)
Quit acting like a bitch.

KC is winning it ALL.

Act like it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14697478)
We would win by that much if we were banged up and they got some luck.

If Fuller plays it might be a 10 point KC win.

Without Fuller, KC by 20.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14697335)
I said it right after the Titans loss.

These savages in KC wouldn’t lose again till next November.

Here we are...6 wins later and 3 wins from winning it all.

LETS GOOOOO

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14697260)
Shudddupp bitch were gonna destroy the Texans.

Believe

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14704642)
This Chiefs team is going to be the next Dynasty, man.

All the bad luck this team has had with QBs for decades meant that eventually the law of averages would kick in and we would get an amazing QB and that’s exactly what happened.

We’ve had the ABSOLUTE WORST luck in big playoff games in the past. We all know that. Every year there has been a fluke.

Those days are over. The law of averages is going to kick in for us for a few years. Buckle up cause these savages aren’t going to lose again till well into next season. Enjoy the ride while it’s here.

We deserve the amazing ride we’re gonna get the next 15 years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14715770)
We are used to having big leads in the playoffs and choking them away and losing.

This is the year that gets reversed and we get behind big early in the game and make a huge comeback.

This team has heart.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14731038)
It’s gonna be worth paying the premium to see the celebration after the win.

And the presentation of the Lamar Hunt trophy.

Arrowhead is going to be electric.

It’s gonna be a great SB, but KCs destiny is winning this one.

rabblerouser 01-21-2020 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hern (Post 14741661)
I’d fit right in??? I’m not overweight tho.

Neither am I.

rabblerouser 01-21-2020 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkForTheWin (Post 14741657)
So you think Shanahan and his 2nd ranked offense against the Chiefs 26th ranked defense against the run won't have any effect on the outcome of the game? ��

That 26th ranked run defense is going to pound the 9ers 2nd ranked running game harder than the last time Jimmy G got pounded at a Palo Alto bathhouse, "friend".

ClarkForTheWin 01-21-2020 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14741622)
Agreed.

Difference is, I think he's going to get it. We've got some fresh legs in the backfield...

If the Chiefs can protect Mahomes against a 49er defense that just recently became healthy two weeks ago and allow him to throw the ball then it will be a very difficult game for the 49ers to win.

If the Chiefs defense can stop the 2nd best scoring offense in the league then YES the Chiefs will win another Lombardi Trophy.

The Chief's have fresh legs in the backfield? I hope the Chiefs decide to run the ball. But that won't happen. Andy will throw the ball and try to beat the 49ers with the speed of his WR's.

This game will either be very close or the 49ers will win by 15+. IMO.

It all depends on if the Chiefs Defense is able to handle the Shanahan offense.

ClarkForTheWin 01-21-2020 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hern (Post 14741664)
I don’t think he’d be disappointed. I think y’all will be if they play like the 26th ranked defense.

I just can't see the Chiefs stopping the 49ers run game . And if they should then George Kittle Emanuel Sanders along with Deebo Samuels comes into play.

Pretty sure the Chiefs and the AFC West have not seen anything like these 13-3 Kyle Shanahan 49ers . A team that went 13-3 and lost those 3 games on the final play of the game.

They have no idea.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01-21-2020 12:47 AM

Clark said something after the game and was like we held Henry to what 65 yards rushing and a reporter said 69 and Clark’s is like that’s not bad. That’s not bad at all for the 26th rush defense.

Hern 01-21-2020 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14741668)
Neither am I.

You’re not?? I thought everyone from KC i looks like Andy Reid.

ClarkForTheWin 01-21-2020 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14741698)
Clark said something after the game and was like we held Henry to what 65 yards rushing and a reporter said 69 and Clark’s is like that’s not bad. That’s not bad at all for the 26th rush defense.

That's not bad at all.

Arthur Smith is no Kyle Shanahan.

Megatron96 01-21-2020 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkForTheWin (Post 14741696)
I just can't see the Chiefs stopping the 49ers run game . And if they should then George Kittle Emanuel Sanders along with Deebo Samuels comes into play.

Pretty sure the Chiefs and the AFC West have not seen anything like these 13-3 Kyle Shanahan 49ers . A team that went 13-3 and lost those 3 games on the final play of the game.

They have no idea.

Niners lost to the Ravens.

And what you and your buddy there are spouting, we just heard the same exact arguments from the HOU fantrolls as well as the TEN fantrolls.

"Your crappy Chiefs 26th ranked run defense can't stop our running game." HOU ran for less than 70 yards. 8th best running attack in the NFL.

"King Henry is going to run for 300 yards against your crappy run defense. You have no idea." 69 yards. 3rd best running attack in the NFL.

We stopped Dalvin Cook when he was the best runner in the league. Less than 70 yards.

Since week 11 the Chiefs have given up less than 96 yards rushing per game, good enough for 11th or something in the league.

But it's not just the stat line. Our defense makes adjustments. By the end of the 2nd quarter, they have your run game figured out. They plug holes. And they'll start anticipating where you want to run.

But don't take my word for it. Don't even look at the stat line for the last 10 Chiefs games. Watch them in the second half of every game for the last two months. They've stoned the 3rd, 6th, 8th, 13th best running attacks in the NFL in recent weeks. Taken their primary method for gaining yards completely away from them. Left them in unfamiliar territory.

That's what they're going to do to your running game.

And then Pat will take apart your secondary.

P.S. Sanders was a Bronco. We've seen him for years. No one in Chiefs Kingdom is scared of Sanders. We know exactly how to beat the brakes off that guy.

jerryaldini 01-21-2020 01:09 AM

I expect a shootout. Yes Niners will get pressure but Andy is a master scheming against it by moving the pocket, crossing routes, screen game, and having a QB that has consistently burned blitzes with pocket awareness, mobility and that rocket arm. The big question for me is whether the Chiefs can slow the run game enough to put the ball in JG's hands, and how will he perform. If not then elite pass game vs elite run game. Close, but slight advantage chiefs in latter scenario, and bigger advantage in former.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01-21-2020 01:29 AM

Gotta listen to Clark. Dude is hilarious at the end

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Frank Clark had a few mic drop moments with me Sunday night in my exclusive on field interview right after the AFC Title Game! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChiefsKingdom?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ChiefsKingdom</a> <a href="https://t.co/IAI94nmQ3Q">https://t.co/IAI94nmQ3Q</a></p>&mdash; Bob Fescoe (@bobfescoe) <a href="https://twitter.com/bobfescoe/status/1219425124836757504?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 21, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ClarkForTheWin 01-21-2020 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14741704)
Niners lost to the Ravens.

And what you and your buddy there are spouting, we just heard the same exact arguments from the HOU fantrolls as well as the TEN fantrolls.

"Your crappy Chiefs 26th ranked run defense can't stop our running game." HOU ran for less than 70 yards. 8th best running attack in the NFL.

"King Henry is going to run for 300 yards against your crappy run defense. You have no idea." 69 yards. 3rd best running attack in the NFL.

We stopped Dalvin Cook when he was the best runner in the league. Less than 70 yards.

Since week 11 the Chiefs have given up less than 96 yards rushing per game, good enough for 11th or something in the league.

But it's not just the stat line. Our defense makes adjustments. By the end of the 2nd quarter, they have your run game figured out. They plug holes. And they'll start anticipating where you want to run.

But don't take my word for it. Don't even look at the stat line for the last 10 Chiefs games. Watch them in the second half of every game for the last two months. They've stoned the 3rd, 6th, 8th, 13th best running attacks in the NFL in recent weeks. Taken their primary method for gaining yards completely away from them. Left them in unfamiliar territory.

That's what they're going to do to your running game.

And then Pat will take apart your secondary.

P.S. Sanders was a Bronco. We've seen him for years. No one in Chiefs Kingdom is scared of Sanders. We know exactly how to beat the brakes off that guy.

Ok I will entertain your argument. That could actually happen.

It wont because the 49ers are a three headed snake on offense.

RB TE and WR.

If you actually watched the 49ers play then you would understand that it's not about Emanuel Sanders or George Kittle or even the run game. It's about all of the above and more.

It's about the game plan that Kyle puts in place.

The Chief's Defense will not be able to handle it . No team this year has been able to handle them.

The three 49ers loses are all on the last possession of the game. The 49ers have never been out of a game all season.

So IMO the Chief's best chance of beating the 49ers is to beat the best defense in the league over-all and the 2nd best scoring offense in the league.

GOOD LUCK !

I

New World Order 01-21-2020 01:34 AM

Stretch running game, PA dink-and-dunk is going to have a hard time beating an offense like Kansas City's.

ClarkForTheWin 01-21-2020 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 14741719)
Stretch running game, PA dink-and-dunk is going to have a hard time beating an offense like Kansas City's.

Not really. The 49ers will run run run until the Chiefs prove they can stop them. They will run the clock out and keep the ball away from Mahomes. If the Chiefs are able to stop the run then the 49ers will put Kittle and Deebo along with Sanders in motion.

It's going to be a long night for that Chiefs Defense.

The run game and Defense wins Championships.

New World Order 01-21-2020 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkForTheWin (Post 14741721)
But that Chiefs Defense?

It's almost like we just saw a stretch running game with PA dink-and-dunk against this defense.

Where did we see that and how did it work out?

staylor26 01-21-2020 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 14741719)

While true, the 49ers do present enough problems defensively (in terms of their from 7) to offset that.

It’s a tough matchup. We should still win, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a tough one.

saphojunkie 01-21-2020 01:45 AM

Hey San Francisco guys...

Just so you know, KC fans lived through your impending nightmare for years. We often had the best rushing attack in the league. The best runner in the league. The best tight end in the league. The best defense in the league.

It always ends the same way.

Your rushing attack won't mean anything when you're down by 14 points. George Kittle is a beast, but he won't be able to get you back in it.

And your defense is based on rushing four and dropping seven into zone coverage. You're about to find out that A) this offensive line is built to pass protect; B) these receivers destroy zones. C) This quarterback singlehandedly negates pass rush with lightning-fast recognition, decision, and reaction.

this will not end well for you.

Megatron96 01-21-2020 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkForTheWin (Post 14741717)
Ok I will entertain your argument. That could actually happen.

It wont because the 49ers are a three headed snake on offense.

RB TE and WR.

If you actually watched the 49ers play then you would understand that it's not about Emanuel Sanders or George Kittle or even the run game. It's about all of the above and more.

It's about the game plan that Kyle puts in place.

The Chief's Defense will not be able to handle it . No team this year has been able to handle them.

The three 49ers loses are all on the last possession of the game. The 49ers have never been out of a game all season.

So IMO the Chief's best chance of beating the 49ers is to beat the best defense in the league over-all and the 2nd best scoring offense in the league.

GOOD LUCK !

I

Hey you and your little buddy started this stupid argument, not me.

And I never said it was just about Sanders. Just that Sanders doesn't scare us at all. We have two DBs that know him so well they can tell you what's in his pocket right now.

And the Ravens stopped your offense. With no pass rush. And a middling secondary.

The Seahawks stopped you, 27-24. With no running game, no OL, no pass rush. Tyler Lockett and a rookie WR that can run three routes.

The Falcons stopped you. The ****ing Falcons? With the 21st ranked passing defense? And the 14th ranked rushing defense? The same 22nd ranked scoring defense Falcons? The same Falcons that scored a measly 24 points/game, Falcons?

Oh yes, we should be terrified of a team that got punked by the Atlanta Falcons. How could we possibly handle a team that got their shit pushed in by the Falcons.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01-21-2020 01:46 AM

I like this Sammmy

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sammy Watkins said he was going to go off while shit talking our fantasy football commissioner and went off he did <a href="https://t.co/672jt9S8Rd">pic.twitter.com/672jt9S8Rd</a></p>&mdash; trey (@one_two_trey) <a href="https://twitter.com/one_two_trey/status/1219026873465950208?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 19, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

saphojunkie 01-21-2020 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14741724)
While true, the 49ers do present enough problems defensively (in terms of their from 7) to offset that.

It’s a tough matchup. We should still win, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a tough one.

I think it's going to be an absolute drubbing. Kelce and Hill will have 10 catches by halftime if they run a zone.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01-21-2020 01:49 AM

Everyone wants to bitch about our weapons well guess what the only weapon we did t draft is Watkins. Other than that it’s all draft picks. So these haters can suck a dick

Megatron96 01-21-2020 01:55 AM

Here's the deal: Sometime in the next few days I'm going to go back and watch about 6 of the 49ers games. Including their playoff games. Then I'm going to start matching up stats lines for both the Niners and their opponents. Then I'm going to weigh those stats against similar teams that the Chiefs have played. Right down to 40 times, height and weights of various key players.

And then I'm going to evaluate that data and figure out just how predicated the Niners offense is on the run. How much of a crutch it really is for Jimmy G. See if Spags is going to take the run game away from you, or if he doesn't need to, and should focus on Kittle and Samuel more.

But my gut says that the Niners need to run the ball to be successful. That without getting to 3rd and short consistently, Jimmy isn't going to be efficient about converting, and that you guys will end up punting on 5 or more possessions on average against our defense.

Meanwhile, our offense is going to score on about 55-65% of our possessions.

You see how this is probably going to play out?

Your Niners score on 3-4 possessions.

Our Chiefs score on 5 or 6.

Now I won't know for sure until I grind through all of that data, but I'm probably right. I have been for every Chiefs game since week 11.

Megatron96 01-21-2020 02:08 AM

49ers scored 5 times out of 11 possessions against the Falcons . . .

5 times out of 12 possessions against the Vikings . . .

7 times out of 10 possessions against the Packers . . . but only 4 TDs.

5 out of 9 possessions against SEA . . . only 3 TDs

Sensing a pattern here . . .

ClarkForTheWin 01-21-2020 02:13 AM

It's hilarious. It's become very hilarious.

Texans and Titans ?

The AFC West?

Not much of a resume.

Yep I went there!

Megatron96 01-21-2020 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkForTheWin (Post 14741744)
It's hilarious. It's become very hilarious.

Texans and Titans ?

The AFC West?

Not much of a resume.

Yep I went there!

We beat those Vikings you're patting yourself on the back for, with a HS teacher.

ClarkForTheWin 01-21-2020 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14741737)
49ers scored 5 times out of 11 possessions against the Falcons . . .

5 times out of 12 possessions against the Vikings . . .

7 times out of 10 possessions against the Packers . . . but only 4 TDs.

5 out of 9 possessions against SEA . . . only 3 TDs

Sensing a pattern here . . .

And won the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP.

Your point?

staylor26 01-21-2020 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14741746)
We beat those Vikings you're patting yourself on the back for, with a HS teacher.

And almost beat the Packers without Mahomes, Clark, Jones, and Fisher.

They don’t want to talk about that though...

lcarus 01-21-2020 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14741704)

Exactly. We used to be scared of Emmanuel Sanders....years ago...and only because we had a guy named Philip Gaines covering him primarily.

Megatron96 01-21-2020 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkForTheWin (Post 14741747)

Your point?

You can't see my point? It's right there in black and white for you. It's pretty damned basic math.

BlackOp 01-21-2020 02:27 AM

Garappolo has thrown for 200 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT in the post-season...yes, that is over 2 games.

Mahomes...610 yards, 8 TDs and 0 INTs.

Chiefs just held the top rusher in the NFL...who was on a 3 game historic run to 7 yards in the 2nd half. Henry was being compared to Dickerson and Earl Campbell.

Chiefs have had 51-7 and 28-7 runs after the first quarter in the post-season....79-14. Yikes...

Sorry 49ers,...Mahomes is just too good. Jimmy is handsome...I'll give him that.

PMII has never lost by more than 7 points in his professional career...

Nickhead 01-21-2020 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 14737668)
Aaron Rodgers and Mahomes can beat any defense.

I don't believe Jimmy G can.

I'll take the 49ers.

duh fuq?

kccrow 01-21-2020 03:16 AM

I really don't see all that much difference in game plan vs the 49ers as we needed against the Chargers. They are very similar teams. Great front 4 on D with decent LBs and very average to below-average DBs. A solid offensive line that's weak in spots with a solid RB, decent/quick possession receivers, and a very good but not great QB.

I think you need to try to get Clark matched up on McGlinchey as much as possible in this game and take advantage of him sucking ass against speed rushers. You get Chris Jones over Person to disrupt him getting into space. If Brunskill fills in, Jones should make him see visions of Aaron Donald smoking his ass. Match power against Tomlinson with our big boys. I don't think there are major weaknesses elsewhere to exploit there. We need Hitchens to actually contain cutback lanes and fill downhill in this one. I think you sit a bit in the box on the crossing routes and the run.

Offensively I see it as just pass protect and get our speed down field. Those DBs don't have anywhere near the speed to keep up with a single player on this roster. They are all pretty much 4.5 guys going against 4.3 guys. Chip Bosa with the TE and keep the RB in to pick up anything coming through. Misdirection in the run game with some end around stuff against that aggressive front, our guys can break ankles against the back end.

Jeff.Fisher 01-21-2020 03:28 AM

The 9ers have definitely had the tougher path. The chiefs got lucky to back into a bye week, then watch the titans take out their biggest threats, then getting to play those titans on the 4th straight road game, with henry suffering hamstring trouble from over use down the stretch.. the 9ers have to be favored in this one on their physicality alone.

Pushead2 01-21-2020 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 14741768)
I really don't see all that much difference in game plan vs the 49ers as we needed against the Chargers. They are very similar teams. Great front 4 on D with decent LBs and very average to below-average DBs. A solid offensive line that's weak in spots with a solid RB, decent/quick possession receivers, and a very good but not great QB.

I think you need to try to get Clark matched up on McGlinchey as much as possible in this game and take advantage of him sucking ass against speed rushers. You get Chris Jones over Person to disrupt him getting into space. If Brunskill fills in, Jones should make him see visions of Aaron Donald smoking his ass. Match power against Tomlinson with our big boys. I don't think there are major weaknesses elsewhere to exploit there. We need Hitchens to actually contain cutback lanes and fill downhill in this one. I think you sit a bit in the box on the crossing routes and the run.

Offensively I see it as just pass protect and get our speed down field. Those DBs don't have anywhere near the speed to keep up with a single player on this roster. They are all pretty much 4.5 guys going against 4.3 guys. Chip Bosa with the TE and keep the RB in to pick up anything coming through. Misdirection in the run game with some end around stuff against that aggressive front, our guys can break ankles against the back end.

I was legit talking to a few buddies at work and the Chargers were the team that popped into my head.

The Vikings as well - in regards to their offense.

CupidStunt 01-21-2020 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff.Fisher (Post 14741771)
the 9ers have to be favored in this one

Except they're not. Like, literally. Despite their great D and blahblah running game. Because we have Mahomes and they don't.

BlackOp 01-21-2020 04:01 AM

Quote:

The 9ers have definitely had the tougher path. The chiefs got lucky to back into a bye week, then watch the titans take out their biggest threats, then getting to play those titans on the 4th straight road game, with henry suffering hamstring trouble from over use down the stretch.. the 9ers have to be favored in this one on their physicality alone.

Like the real Jeff Fisher...you've stayed much past your expiration date.

On a side note...both Texans/Titans DC retired after facing Mahomes. I cant say I blame them...

Coochie liquor 01-21-2020 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkForTheWin (Post 14741565)
You obviously didn't watch the 49ers run game all season.

The 49ers ranked 2nd in the run game during the season.

Derrick Henry? Really ?

The 49ers are not the Texans or the Titans they are an offense that the Chiefs 26th ranked Defense has never seen all year.

Mahomes is good...very good but without a decent run game behind him and with a weak defense ? That trip to Miami will not end well for the Chiefs.

The media is blowing up the Chiefs offense and the 49er defense along with the 49er run game. There is a reason why nobody is taking the Chiefs defense seriously. It's because they do not have one.

Kyle Shanahan is smiling from ear to ear.

It won't be close.

49ers by 15

You’ll be bending your knee, just like everyone else when our receivers boat race your lackluster secondary. You’ll see what a real qb looks like in Miami, not some Patriots castoff.

F150 01-21-2020 05:42 AM

Quote:

Hope you are not a gambler. Have you ever watched American Football?

RustShack 01-21-2020 05:58 AM

Quote:

Lol what. Henry didn’t seem to be injured when you thought he’d easily put up 200. We’ve already beat the Patriots and Ravens this year.

RustShack 01-21-2020 06:07 AM

I really enjoy everyone coming in and saying how bad the defense is. I’m glad they missed the last month or two.

Surprise cock bags! You got sandbagged

seamonster 01-21-2020 06:22 AM

Quote:

Bullshit. The 49ers are a soft finesse team. They got bullied by the Redskins defensive line and let an ancient power running back average 4 yards a carry. And then they got beat by a shameful falcons team. They're fast on defense and they've got quirky schemes that can put up points but they're not the 70s Steelers.

Deebo19 01-21-2020 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 14741807)
I really enjoy everyone coming in and saying how bad the defense is. I’m glad they missed the last month or two.

Surprise cock bags! You got sandbagged

Who’d you play again?

End of the day, you’re not going to stop the 49er offense from scoring, but that’s not the issue.

The question is can the 49ers defense stop Mahomes enough times?

Winner will need 40 points.

Danguardace 01-21-2020 06:42 AM

One thing in the back of my mind is how good actually was the NFC this year? NFC Play-off Teams vs AFC play off teams - NFC took some bad loses and the ones they did win where a little fortunate

ChiefRocka 01-21-2020 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deebo19 (Post 14741819)
Who’d you play again?

End of the day, you’re not going to stop the 49er offense from scoring, but that’s not the issue.

The reality is the 9ers are not battle tested in these playoffs and Jimmy is gonna take a shit down his leg when they go down 14 in the 1st quarter.

Andy and Pat are going to toy with their Dline all game. How about run pass option to Dee Fords side?

RustShack 01-21-2020 06:51 AM

Quote:

Who’d you play again?

The answer is no.

The Chiefs will score more than the 49ers.

Walt White 01-21-2020 06:59 AM

I've been thinking about how the Chiefs can use the 49ers pass rush against them. Man I can't wait for those quick slants or quick outs where we get Tyreek or Hardman in space. They haven't seen our speed. And Pat throwing on the run is where he makes a lot of his magic.

I'm confident our offense is going to figure it out and score. Especially when we open up the playbook. The big thing is if our defense can keep stepping up.

smithandrew051 01-21-2020 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walt White (Post 14741832)
I've been thinking about how the Chiefs can use the 49ers pass rush against them. Man I can't wait for those quick slants or quick outs where we get Tyreek or Hardman in space. They haven't seen our speed. And Pat throwing on the run is where he makes a lot of his magic.

I'm confident our offense is going to figure it out and score. Especially when we open up the playbook. The big thing is if our defense can keep stepping up.

I would be more worried about our defense if the 49ers had an upper tier QB to compliment their running game.

This reminds me of playing the Titans or Vikings again. The 49ers have a better defense than both, but they have similar level QBs and running games. The Chiefs have shown they can shut down the run when that’s the focus. We bottled up Cook and Henry when no one thought we could. We forced Tannehill and Cousins to beat us, and neither one could do it.

I fully expect Spags to have a gameplan ready for this one.

kcclone 01-21-2020 07:27 AM

The Niners run a lot of cover 3 zone. It will be interesting if they try to change that up, or double down.

Reid and Mahomes have typically carved up zone coverage. The only times we’ve really been stopped were from man coverage combined with injuries.

DRM08 01-21-2020 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 14741836)
I would be more worried about our defense if the 49ers had an upper tier QB to compliment their running game.

This reminds me of playing the Titans or Vikings again. The 49ers have a better defense than both, but they have similar level QBs and running games. The Chiefs have shown they can shut down the run when that’s the focus. We bottled up Cook and Henry when no one thought we could. We forced Tannehill and Cousins to beat us, and neither one could do it.

Vikings and Titans averaged 25 points for the season. Niners averaged 30 points for the season, which was the #2 scoring offense behind the Ravens. It’s going to be quite a battle. Gut feeling is both teams make it to 30+ in this game.

wachashi 01-21-2020 07:42 AM

Quote:

Who’d you play again?

The 49ers aren't winning the game if it's a shootout.

MIAdragon 01-21-2020 07:42 AM

Quote:

Who’d you play again?

Lmfao, yes you’re not scoring 37. You’re not going to be able to score enough to win. We’re a better team, congrats on making it this far, enjoy first runner up.

FringeNC 01-21-2020 07:44 AM

Obviously, the Chiefs formula is to use our high-powered offense to put up a bunch of points, and then pressure the quarterback. Statistically, the 49ers D is much better than the Titans and Texans and almost as good as the Patriots.

I've said it already -- but a healthy offense in the warm weather. I anticipate a lot of separation and a lot of scoring. Let's just outscore these guys and not have to worry about the D making too many stops.

rabblerouser 01-21-2020 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hern (Post 14741701)

Andy Reid isn't from KC. He moved here 7 years ago.

rabblerouser 01-21-2020 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkForTheWin (Post 14741682)

The Chief's have fresh legs in the backfield? I hope the Chiefs decide to run the ball. But that won't happen. Andy will throw the ball and try to beat the 49ers with the speed of his WR's.

If you're going to talk shit, it helps to know what you're talking about. You obviously didn't even watch the AFC Championship game.

Andy bled the 3rd qtr clock by running the ball. At one point, 5 straight runs. The only long pass was the coupe de grace that ended the Tits hopes and crushed their dreams in the 4th quarter. Other than that, it was dink, dunk, run, control the clock, and taking what the defense gives 'em. Methodical. Mahomes performed surgery on the Tits. Like he was Joe Montana or something.

wachashi 01-21-2020 07:52 AM

I think we match up far better with the 49er defense than the Patriot defense. The 49ers don't have an elite secondary, and they prefer to play zone coverage, which is where Mahomes can really shine. The Patriots matched up really well with us on the defensive side of the ball, and we still put together some really good looking drives against them. Reid will find ways to neutralize the 49er pass rush for a few explosive plays, and that might be all it takes to get the 49ers passing more than they're comfortable with. I hope.

ChiTown 01-21-2020 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hern (Post 14741701)

And everyone from San Fran. Which one are you?

https://www.advocate.com/sites/advoc...-reyesx750.jpg

Sassy Squatch 01-21-2020 07:55 AM

Jesus ****ing Christ, it's the same god-damned front-running unknowledgeable douchebags clogging up the forum every week with this tired ass hot take bullshit. The only thing that changed is the teams they support.

Walt White 01-21-2020 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 14741836)

They have a more capable QB, but I agree. We need to try to slow down the run game and make Garrapolo make plays. I think it will be harder to slow down the run game though. Henry was good practice. But 49ers have better play calling and shifty backs are a tougher matchup for us I think.

In the Super Bowl, you need big plays. Hoping our linebackers can step up. And with their pass rush, we will need Damien Williams or whatever running back is in, to step up and be a big receiving threat. I wish we had Hunt still but it is what it is.

FringeNC 01-21-2020 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wachashi (Post 14741869)
I think we match up far better with the 49er defense than the Patriot defense. The 49ers don't have an elite secondary, and they prefer to play zone coverage, which is where Mahomes can really shine. The Patriots matched up really well with us on the defensive side of the ball, and we still put together some really good looking drives against them. Reid will find ways to neutralize the 49er pass rush for a few explosive plays, and that might be all it takes to get the 49ers passing more than they're comfortable with. I hope.

49ers had similar yards per pass attempt allowed as the Pats, but about half the number of interceptions. If our offensive line plays okay, the 49ers secondary is not good enough to slow us down.

rabblerouser 01-21-2020 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkForTheWin (Post 14741747)

Your point?

The NFC sucks?? :shrug:

Chris Meck 01-21-2020 08:05 AM

Yeah.

it's irritating. You can just plug in the different team name, but all the arguments are the same.

We can't stop the run, we've never seen anything like this, insert name of QB here has been SO efficient, Our defense is going confuse and batter Mahomes, we're just SO physical, Chiefs are just a finesse team, blah, blah, blah.

And then we smoke 'em by double digits.

Rinse and repeat.

Sassy Squatch 01-21-2020 08:11 AM

Just saw a stat where we limited Henry to a season low 1.4 yards after contact.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-21-2020 08:12 AM

Was watching Frank Clark vs. SF, week 15 of 2018.

Clark was a beast. McGlinchey couldn’t handle him very well. Look for Clark to be lined up over him plenty, with hopefully similar results.

wachashi 01-21-2020 08:12 AM

The best player on the Chiefs just so happens to be at the most important position. The best player on the 49ers plays defensive end. That's why Vegas likes the Chiefs in this one. If it comes down to quarterback play, which is typically what happens in the NFL, is there any doubt who wins this game?

Hern 01-21-2020 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14741892)
Yeah.

it's irritating. You can just plug in the different team name, but all the arguments are the same.

We can't stop the run, we've never seen anything like this, insert name of QB here has been SO efficient, Our defense is going confuse and batter Mahomes, we're just SO physical, Chiefs are just a finesse team, blah, blah, blah.

Rinse and repeat.

I guess in 2 weeks we’ll see if this is the same situation.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-21-2020 08:24 AM

Also, Chris Jones is going to abuse Laken Tomlinson, Mike Person, whoever is in there on the interior. Especially if we can get in some sure passing down & distance.

I’m very confident in Brendan Daly getting all of these front guys ready to play and I think it could be huge in determining the outcome.

DRM08 01-21-2020 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14741892)
Yeah.

Rinse and repeat.

Of course the Niners are legitimately a damn good team. They score 30 points per game and they have a pretty good defense to go with it. This game won’t be easy for either team. I am hoping KC can get off to a better start than we saw the last 2 games. Hopefully no special teams mistakes!

Hern 01-21-2020 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14741928)
Also, Chris Jones is going to abuse Laken Tomlinson, Mike Person, whoever is in there on the interior. Especially if we can get in some sure passing down & distance.

I’m very confident in Brendan Daly getting all of these front guys ready to play and I think it could be huge in determining the outcome.

Good luck to your line holding back

Arik Armstead
Deforest Buckner
Nick Bosa
Dee Ford
Salomon Thomas

Chris Meck 01-21-2020 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hern (Post 14741922)
I guess in 2 weeks we’ll see if this is the same situation.

Yeah, you won't be here.

Just like all the Titans trolls.

And all the Texans trolls.

And the Patriots trolls.

And the Ravens trolls.

And so on, and so on, and so on.

You guys all come in with literally the same stuff every week.

I could just write you a script and you can fill in your team name, and your RB's name, and your game managing QB name, and your coaches' name.

It's literally the exact same thing everyone says.

And then we beat them by double digits and they go away, never to be heard from again; only to be replaced by a fresh batch of trolls spouting the exact same stuff.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-21-2020 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hern (Post 14741941)

Arik Armstead
Deforest Buckner
Nick Bosa
Dee Ford
Salomon Thomas

Well aware of the task ahead.

But if don’t already know, the Chiefs are the NFL’s best pass protecting OL by some analytical measures, and Mahomes himself is a huge part of that. Your front guys could win their matchup and it doesn’t mean Mahomes won’t sneak through a gap and rip one for 30 yards. He’s like prime Aaron Rodgers in that way.

stevieray 01-21-2020 08:34 AM

Quote:

Arik Armstead
Deforest Buckner
Nick Bosa
Dee Ford
Salomon Thomas

LMAO

you're scared.

You honestly think the NFL wants SF to be the darling of the NFL this year?

I mean, your residents shit on the streets. Your city is an embarrassment.

Sackattack 01-21-2020 08:36 AM

So happy to see the Chiefs make it back to the Super Bowl after so so many years. Going against the 49ers will be no easy task. The way they ran over the Packers was just non-stop. Our defense has to be ready for their running attack, and anything else they come up with.

DRM08 01-21-2020 08:37 AM

Quote:

Arik Armstead
Deforest Buckner
Nick Bosa
Dee Ford
Salomon Thomas

They’re damn good for sure. When they get to Mahomes, he will need to avoid the dreaded fumble scenario. But he’s every bit the magician of Russell Wilson in scramble mode. He will have his fair share of success when your DL comes after him.

Hern 01-21-2020 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14741947)
Yeah, you won't be here.

Just like all the Titans trolls.

And all the Texans trolls.

And the Patriots trolls.

And the Ravens trolls.

And so on, and so on, and so on.

You guys all come in with literally the same stuff every week.

I could just write you a script and you can fill in your team name, and your RB's name, and your game managing QB name, and your coaches' name.

It's literally the exact same thing everyone says.

And then we beat them by double digits and they go away, never to be heard from again; only to be replaced by a fresh batch of trolls spouting the exact same stuff.

For something that happens so frequently, you seem to get your panties in a bunch quite easily...

Sassy Squatch 01-21-2020 08:39 AM

Quote:

Arik Armstead
Deforest Buckner
Nick Bosa
Dee Ford
Salomon Thomas

LMAO Solomon Thomas? Really? You're exposing yourself as a know nothing now who only bases opinions on name recognition. Solomon Thomas hasn't done anything in the NFL except be drafted 3rd overall.

Hern 01-21-2020 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 14741951)
LMAO

you're scared.

You honestly think the NFL wants SF to be the darling of the NFL this year?

I mean, your residents shit on the streets. Your city is an embarrassment.

There he is. The conspiracy theorists. Every forum has a few.

The Franchise 01-21-2020 08:40 AM

Quote:

Arik Armstead
Deforest Buckner
Nick Bosa
Dee Ford
Salomon Thomas

Congrats on sucking so bad that you can draft a defensive lineman almost every year in the top 15. And then trade for ours.

Hern 01-21-2020 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14741960)
LMAO Solomon Thomas? Really? You're exposing yourself as a know nothing now who only bases opinions on name recognition. Solomon Thomas hasn't done anything in the NFL except be drafted 3rd overall.

Exposing myself??? LMAO!!!! This forum is full of the same exact people you claim me to be.

Hern 01-21-2020 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14741962)
Congrats on sucking so bad that you can draft a defensive lineman almost every year in the top 15. And then trade for ours.

I don’t disagree with this take. I made fun of Jaguar fans when they’d brag about their defense.