ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Tyrann Mathieu: Chiefs fanbase “might be one of the most toxic in all of sports” (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=340537)

PAChiefsGuy 10-31-2021 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15923462)
When their name is mentioned it shows on their feed. HB follow Hitchens. These guys aren’t searching for this shit it’s showing up.

Are they overreacting? Maybe. If you were mentioned on Twitter as being a complete loser at your job you might respond too.

You guys act like you know what this shit is like. We fight way more and dirtier over comments about each other on an anonymous message board.

Should they realize they are paid to play a game and roll with it or stay of media? Yea probably. But when they react like humans don’t be surprised because they are.

If I did suck at my job as much as Hitchens does I would expect ppl to talk shit.

Does he really think fans aren't going to comment on how bad he has been w this historically bad defense?

The Franchise 10-31-2021 09:37 PM

I think Hitchens knows that he lost his job and he’s out after this season. He doesn’t give a **** anymore.

zigbazah 10-31-2021 11:12 PM

Honey Bitcher literally goes looking for the stupidest tweets to get mad at. It's like bro, just stay the **** off Twitter if it bothers you so much. I don't even need an apology for something he posted out of frustration. I'd rather him promise to just stay the hell off social media and get his head right. Same with the others. Just stop posting stupid shit and play better. And if you're satisfied with your ring and don't care anymore, **** off to somewhere else.

JakeF 10-31-2021 11:34 PM

Quote:

When their name is mentioned it shows on their feed. HB follow Hitchens. These guys aren’t searching for this shit it’s showing up.

Are they overreacting? Maybe. If you were mentioned on Twitter as being a complete loser at your job you might respond too.

You guys act like you know what this shit is like. We fight way more and dirtier over comments about each other on an anonymous message board.

Should they realize they are paid to play a game and roll with it or stay of media? Yea probably. But when they react like humans don’t be surprised because they are.

It only shows up on their feed if someone tags their name ie @Marcellus. I don't think it shows up if someone just uses "Marcellus".

Tagging @theirtwittername is totally uncool if you say bad shit about a player.

If you just say TyMathieu, it doesn't show up unless they do a name search for people talking about them. If 'The Franchise' is right and Chiefs players are basically "googling themselves" on Twitter, then they are getting what they ask for. Don't name search yourself unless you are prepared to handle the hostility of the internet.

JakeF 11-01-2021 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15923464)
But at least according to his contract, isnt Hitchens severely underperforming?

Boltons only been in his old spot for a few weeks, and is already blowing his numbers out of the water... honestly can't wait to see Hitchens gone, he's too soft spoken and overpaid

We have the rich, shy kid captaining our defense

Chiefs knew what they were paying for; His numbers in KC are basically the same as in Dallas. He played 100 more total snaps for in KC over 3yrs, versus Dallas over 4yrs. The numbers are very similar, though.

T-post Tom 11-01-2021 12:39 AM

Well if we're going to be toxic, let's not do it half-ass. If you're going to be at the 12-12 game or the 12-26 game; be sure to boo Santa if the opportunity presents itself. If we can be the loudest NFL fans, then we can certainly overtake Philly fans for the most toxic. Don't you love a challenge? :)

InChiefsHeaven 11-01-2021 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God (Post 15923445)
I seen he apologised. That's sweet. He can take his apology and stick it up his ass, and then he can swan dive into a wood chipper. Gtfo of KC you worthless piece of shit.

In his own words. Take it as you will:

https://www.chiefs.com/video/tyrann-...conference-10-

Flying High D 11-01-2021 08:31 AM

Every time he touches his face he’s lying.

gblowfish 11-01-2021 09:23 AM

I don't know about my fandom, but I have eaten at Toxic Tom's before...

Gravedigger 11-01-2021 09:43 AM

He's judging the whole fanbase on the actions of a few, by comparison. That reaction never ends well, it's based upon an easily disproven assumption by him, and just overall laziness. It's easier to bitch than it is to compliment, and bitching about stuff is a new norm for many in this world.

He's paid to be on the Chiefs, we're not being paid to be fans, this transaction is one way, all the way. Our expectations of him are rightly justified and our criticisms are based upon decades of failure, we know what a bad team looks like. Instead of talking shit about the fans, he needs to talk to his teammates that are making him look bad by missing assignments, making stupid mistakes and just outright not giving a shit anymore.

Sassy Squatch 11-01-2021 09:52 AM

Damn shame it doesn't seem to be the plan to dump his ass.

TomBarndtsTwin 11-01-2021 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 15923760)
He's judging the whole fanbase on the actions of a few, by comparison. That reaction never ends well, it's based upon an easily disproven assumption by him, and just overall laziness. It's easier to bitch than it is to compliment, and bitching about stuff is a new norm for many in this world.

He's paid to be on the Chiefs, we're not being paid to be fans, this transaction is one way, all the way. Our expectations of him are rightly justified and our criticisms are based upon decades of failure, we know what a bad team looks like. Instead of talking shit about the fans, he needs to talk to his teammates that are making him look bad by missing assignments, making stupid mistakes and just outright not giving a shit anymore.

:bravo:

wazu 11-01-2021 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15923769)
Damn shame it doesn't seem to be the plan to dump his ass.

Might not have been before this, but it's a safe bet Clark Hunt's first phone call when he saw these comments was to Veach. The Chiefs will tolerate bad play, but when somebody trashes the fans they are trashing a huge part of the Chiefs brand/image. His extension is dead in the water.

Hammock Parties 11-01-2021 09:57 AM

Move on fellas. If Honey Badger gets a pick six tonight you'll all line up to suck his dick.

-King- 11-01-2021 09:58 AM

Quote:

Yeah that's not how it works at all. If they're not @'d, then they'd have to either be following that account or search for that shit in order to see it.

There's no way Hitchens could have seen that post unless he was searching his name.

Sassy Squatch 11-01-2021 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 15923772)
Might not have been before this, but it's a safe bet Clark Hunt's first phone call when he saw these comments was to Veach. The Chiefs will tolerate bad play, but when somebody trashes the fans they are trashing a huge part of the Chiefs brand/image. His extension is dead in the water.

**** that. I'm talking tomorrow by 4 ET

DJ's left nut 11-01-2021 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 15923760)

I think what's equally frustrating is the hypocrisy of it all.

When he says something stupid, he thinks he can say "Hey, I'm a passionate guy and I was frustrated..." and we'll forgive him.

Meanwhile he won't view fan reaction from the exact same perspective.

Like I said - I'm just over these guys. The attitude of the defense is rotten and frankly some of it seems to be frustration born of Pat not bailing their sorry asses out as much. If this team is 5-2 right now (as they should be but/for a couple of uncharacteristic turnovers), the defense isn't taking as many arrows and they're not barking like they are.

They've coasted on Mahomes greatness for so long that they've come to use it as a crutch. Now with him looking a bit mortal of late, they're lashing out. Yeah - definitely done with this group.

The Franchise 11-01-2021 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15923781)

When he says something stupid, he thinks he can say "Hey, I'm a passionate guy and I was frustrated..." and we'll forgive him.

Meanwhile he won't view fan reaction from the exact same perspective.

Like I said - I'm just over these guys. The attitude of the defense is rotten and frankly some of it seems to be frustration born of Pat not bailing their sorry asses out as much. If this team is 5-2 right now (as they should be but/for a couple of uncharacteristic turnovers), the defense isn't taking as many arrows and they're not barking like they are.

They've coasted on Mahomes greatness for so long that they've come to use it as a crutch. Now with him looking a bit mortal of late, they're lashing out. Yeah - definitely done with this group.

Anyone not still on their rookie contract….can get ****ed.

TomBarndtsTwin 11-01-2021 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15923773)
Move on fellas. If Honey Badger gets a pick six tonight you'll all line up to suck his dick.

Incorrect.

We'll be cheering for the success of the team. If HB is part of making that happen, great. That IS after all why is he getting compensated as one of the highest paid safeties in the league.

Hope he quits bitching on Twitter and balls out the rest of the year.

And then he can GTFO after this season is over. Regardless of whether we're back in another Super Bowl or out of the playoffs entirely this year.

htismaqe 11-01-2021 10:09 AM

Is he wrong? Not really.

Is he a ****ing pussy bitch? Absolutely.

**** him.

Like The Franchise said, anybody not on a rookie contract can go.

O.city 11-01-2021 10:13 AM

The most maddening part to me is that Chief fans aren't even asking the defense to be great. Hell not even good.

Just be average. Don't suck ass. That's it.

Sassy Squatch 11-01-2021 10:14 AM

Exactly. As the "leader" of this defense he's spent more time publicly embarrassing his teammates by gesticulating at them for ****ing up, then turn around and get all in his feelings when the fans see the same crap and rightfully shit on them for it.

htismaqe 11-01-2021 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15923793)
The most maddening part to me is that Chief fans aren't even asking the defense to be great. Hell not even good.

Just be average. Don't suck ass. That's it.

Exactly.

Just don't be TERRIBLE.

And guess what? They're ****ing terrible.

ClevelandBronco 11-01-2021 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15923773)

Not all who would cheer the uniform would cheer the man.

chiefzilla1501 11-01-2021 10:25 AM

Take it for what it's worth, but Shaun Smith tweeted that there will be a trade between the AFC west and nfc west sometime this afternoon. Which seems to hint that kc is one of the parties. I know, I know... Random sources. But feel like he would have some inside info from kc.

htismaqe 11-01-2021 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15923811)
Take it for what it's worth, but Shaun Smith tweeted that there will be a trade between the AFC west and nfc west sometime this afternoon. Which seems to hint that kc is one of the parties. I know, I know... Random sources. But feel like he would have some inside info from kc.

Broncos are trading for Russell Wilson. ROFL

siberian khatru 11-01-2021 10:27 AM

Quote:

He was right, but it wasn't the Chiefs.

TEX 11-01-2021 10:28 AM

Quote:

Robinson for Ramsey! DO OT Verch!

htismaqe 11-01-2021 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 15923819)
He was right, but it wasn't the Chiefs.

Yep, Von Miller to the Rams.

Not sure how much he helps them as gimpy as he always is. Kinda meh.

RealSNR 11-01-2021 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15923265)
I think the technical term is emoticon. Some call them smilies for short. They've been a feature here forever, and on the internet even longer. Surprised you never noticed.

Right. I guess I just can't see somebody saying what you said out loud and then smiley winking at the end of it.

ToxSocks 11-01-2021 11:15 AM

Quote:

Damn. Shaun Smith nailed it. Holy shit.

BIG_DADDY 11-01-2021 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15923781)

I completely disagree. I think very few people truly understand what top athletes who are extremely competitive go through and expect from themselves every day. I believe the HB is giving his all and expects the D to rise above and it's not happening, he's getting a ton of shit for it and he went off.

I think social media is not a good place for the vast majority of elite athletes to go. IMO the Chiefs fans are not toxic as a whole. I don't think you can judge the average Chiefs fan based on social media Chiefs fans. I think we have a great fan base. With that in mind, is ChiefsPlanet toxic? Absolutely. Social media in general is extremely toxic. Life under Covid and the stress that goes with it has brought out the worst in posters making it even more toxic as people lash out at anything that frustrates them.

Performance is a separate issue. Although I understand but certainly don't condone the HB's behavior I see a lot heads rolling at the end of the year, especially on defense. I am still hopeful they can turn it around but I would be lying if I said I was optimistic.

The Franchise 11-01-2021 12:03 PM

Jesus Christ. He went off when it wasn’t even about him.

It was an article about Clark, Hitchens and some draft picks. Hitchens chimed in and Mathieu backed him up.

Zap Rowsdower 11-01-2021 12:05 PM

I kind of like that he did it. Takes the heat off of his teammates and puts it on himself.

Marcellus 11-01-2021 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15923774)
Yeah that's not how it works at all. If they're not @'d, then they'd have to either be following that account or search for that shit in order to see it.

There's no way Hitchens could have seen that post unless he was searching his name.

It would seem it would show up in their mentions.

Likely someone sent it to him. You really think these guys are sitting around searching their name on Twitter?

The Franchise 11-01-2021 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15924050)

Likely someone sent it to him. You really think these guys are sitting around searching their name on Twitter?

Mathieu literally responded after the Titans game to a reporter who claimed he said something. Pretty sure he wasn’t tagged in it.

Sassy Squatch 11-01-2021 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zap Rowsdower (Post 15924035)
I kind of like that he did it. Takes the heat off of his teammates and puts it on himself.

The **** it does. All Hitchens and Mathieu did was confirm what we all knew, that this defense is led by a bunch of lazy ****s that have cashed out, checked out, and are more than content to live off past glory.

Marcellus 11-01-2021 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15924058)
The **** it does. All Hitchens and Mathieu did was confirm what we all knew, that this defense is led by a bunch of lazy ****s that have cashed out, checked out, and are more than content to live off past glory.

All it does is give you something to feed your own internal narrative to what you think is going on. It doesn't actually "confirm" anything. The real truth is none of us actually KNOW what's going on with the defense other than they are underperforming.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11-01-2021 12:48 PM

Can we bring Ron Parker back

chiefzilla1501 11-01-2021 12:54 PM

There are other ways articles can get to players even if not directed at the athlete. Often times, Twitter users will retweet the message and tag the player, sometimes offering commentary on their own. That being said, HB strikes me as a guy that tries to find what people are saying about him.

Eureka 11-01-2021 01:57 PM

IF the Giants look all world tonight this forum might just?

Week 8 is a must win! No one would've said that at the beginning of the season.

htismaqe 11-01-2021 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eureka (Post 15924242)
IF the Giants look all world tonight this forum might just?

Week 8 is a must win! No one would've said that at the beginning of the season.

At this point, the only reason tonight is a "must" win is because it's a "can" win.

Wait until the AFC games start again, the Chiefs will go back to getting their asses handed to them.

They're beating the NFC Least of all divisions.

Marcellus 11-01-2021 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15924257)
At this point, the only reason tonight is a "must" win is because it's a "can" win.

Wait until the AFC games start again, the Chiefs will go back to getting their asses handed to them.

They're beating the NFC Least of all divisions.

There was a point in time through the 90's I think we went a decade or so without losing to an NFC team at home and they usually got their asses handed to them big time.

SF the year they won the SB with Young, GB's SB year with Favre etc....

RealSNR 11-01-2021 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 15924101)
Can we bring Ron Parker back

Underrated player for like 3 seasons.

He also kept his mouth shut

RealSNR 11-01-2021 02:09 PM

**** it. Bring back Husain Abdullah too.

Pretty good player for us

Easy 6 11-01-2021 02:10 PM

Abdullah > Parker

ThaVirus 11-01-2021 02:16 PM

Kurt Coleman (I think that was his name) was pretty decent as well

-King- 11-01-2021 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15924050)

100%. Especially Mathieu. You act like typing your name on Twitter is hard to do or something.

Marcellus 11-01-2021 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15924283)
100%. Especially Mathieu. You act like typing your name on Twitter is hard to do or something.

My comment has nothing to do with how hard it is to do it.

RealSNR 11-01-2021 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15924301)
My comment has nothing to do with how hard it is to do it.

Is it not believable that someone like Matthieu who does a lot of tweeting would search to find out what’s being said about him?

Marcellus 11-01-2021 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 15924332)
Is it not believable that someone like Matthieu who does a lot of tweeting would search to find out what’s being said about him?

First off the story wasn't directed at him, he responded to a Hitchens tweet.

Maybe he does cruise twitter specifically looking for his name I don't know but sure maybe, but that has nothing to do with this incident.

Seems these guys can find plenty without looking for it.

The Franchise 11-01-2021 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15924339)
First off the story wasn't directed at him, he responded to a Hitchens tweet.

Maybe he does cruise twitter specifically looking for his name I don't know but sure maybe, but that has nothing to do with this incident.

Seems these guys can find plenty without looking for it.

It was on Instagram.

Titty Meat 11-01-2021 03:06 PM

Quote:

Von Miller

Marcellus 11-01-2021 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15924347)
It was on Instagram.

Instagram, Twitter, FB, I don't give a shit. Same point he was replying to Hitchens.

Spott 11-01-2021 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15924347)
It was on Instagram.

That’s even worse.

Rainbarrel 11-01-2021 09:53 PM

The chopped ham promotion has been canceled. The Spam grinder parts came by FedEx. The bread will be repurposed for the stuffing section.

The Franchise 11-06-2021 06:09 PM

Dude can’t ****ing stop.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A story in pictures. <br><br>I am sorry I forgot to list your career accomplishments too, Tyrann. Farewell. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> | <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChiefsKingdom?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ChiefsKingdom</a> <a href="https://t.co/jNKMuo2kQr">pic.twitter.com/jNKMuo2kQr</a></p>&mdash; Ali (@AD88KC) <a href="https://twitter.com/AD88KC/status/1457019655684505608?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 6, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Flying High D 11-06-2021 06:14 PM

You can’t fix stoopid.

Titty Meat 11-06-2021 06:17 PM

Wasnt Marcellus defending that guy? Lol

Marcellus 11-06-2021 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15937788)
Dude can’t ****ing stop.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A story in pictures. <br><br>I am sorry I forgot to list your career accomplishments too, Tyrann. Farewell. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> | <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChiefsKingdom?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ChiefsKingdom</a> <a href="https://t.co/jNKMuo2kQr">pic.twitter.com/jNKMuo2kQr</a></p>&mdash; Ali (@AD88KC) <a href="https://twitter.com/AD88KC/status/1457019655684505608?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 6, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Interesting. Random people obsessed with HB's social media cant understand why HB is on social media.

The Franchise 11-06-2021 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15937796)
Interesting. Random people obsessed with HB's social media cant understand why HB is on social media.

Are you blind?

Dude complimented HB but apparently not enough.

Bl00dyBizkitz 11-06-2021 06:35 PM

This isn't someone you want to extend.

DaFace 11-06-2021 06:36 PM

I like Tyrann. I even have his jersey. But he's a bit of a nutcase.

chiefzilla1501 11-06-2021 06:40 PM

And yet some here can't understand why some are suggesting we tread lightly on obj.

Marcellus 11-06-2021 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15937799)
Are you blind?

Dude complimented HB but apparently not enough.

I read it, its odd for sure. But he has always been odd on social media. He is a different dude and he may be football smart but I'm not sure how life smart he is. Look at his college career for example.

I just think its odd people want him to be something he has never been and not do things he has always done. If KC was doing better like most of his career here I think people would shrug this stuff off.

Marcellus 11-06-2021 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15937815)
And yet some here can't understand why some are suggesting we tread lightly on obj.

OBJ is on another level of distraction.

PattyFlakes 11-06-2021 06:49 PM

I mean he’s not wrong… we are pretty toxic.. not sure how that is compared to the rest of the league’s fan bases though.

Wisconsin_Chief 11-06-2021 06:58 PM

Does Tyrann not realize this kind of stuff will undoubtedly lower his value on the market? You’d think his agent would tell him to cool it with the Tweets for a while.

If he thinks having Twitter battles with common fans won’t cost him money come contract time, he’s even dumber than his Tweets would indicate.

smithandrew051 11-06-2021 07:15 PM

Twitter is about to become a very miserable place for HB. Eventually, people will stop trying to interact with him positively and he’ll have nothing but trolls trying to get reactions out of him.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-06-2021 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15937815)

"Some"meaning you?

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-06-2021 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 15937850)
Twitter is about to become a very miserable place for HB. Eventually, people will stop trying to interact with him positively and he’ll have nothing but trolls trying to get reactions out of him.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...423/cover5.jpg

TLO 11-06-2021 07:33 PM

Just stay off Twitter

Titty Meat 11-06-2021 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattyFlakes (Post 15937825)
I mean he’s not wrong… we are pretty toxic.. not sure how that is compared to the rest of the league’s fan bases though.

True but if I think someones toxic I quit interacting with them. He can make his profile private and only interact with those on his friends list but dudes a victim

PattyFlakes 11-06-2021 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15937983)
True but if I think someones toxic I quit interacting with them. He can make his profile private and only interact with those on his friends list but dudes a victim

Yeah dude needs to stay off of Twitter.

smithandrew051 11-06-2021 10:16 PM

Isn’t it enough to be a pro athlete, having won several honors in your sport, be extremely wealthy, and be able to retire literally whenever you decide you don’t want to work anymore?

Do you have to “win” every little Twitter spat with a bunch of no-names as well?

JohnnyHammersticks 11-06-2021 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz (Post 15937811)
This isn't someone you want to extend.

Yeah, you don't want a starting safety who acts like a 12 year old chick on Twitter. Probably refreshes every 5 seconds to see if he's been mentioned. Probably monitoring this thread.

Hey Tyrann, how's it going bro. Thanks for your contribution to the Super Bowl year, and don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out of the organization as soon as this season ends.

LiveSteam 11-06-2021 11:17 PM

Dog

LiveSteam 11-06-2021 11:18 PM

dog

LiveSteam 11-06-2021 11:19 PM

CHAMPIONSHIP FOOTBALL DOG

RealSNR 11-07-2021 12:19 AM

Yeah, just let the dude walk at this point. Let him earn that juicy contract from the Lions and get the comp pick. Hope he enjoys biting kneecaps.

Our safeties might suck ass next year, but Veach has been fairly good at seeing a problem and fixing it each offseason. We'll come up with a solution, whether that means making the defense less reliable on one dude in the secondary or going out and finding somebody who can kind of fill that role at a reasonable price