ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****Official Mizzou Football 2022-2023 Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=343449)

Demonpenz 11-05-2022 01:17 PM

I guess I Don't understand why the guy is going for a tackle? He could have just blocked it #mizzou

Mizzou_8541 11-05-2022 01:18 PM

Refs 1 - Mizzou 0

Demonpenz 11-05-2022 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 16578013)
Is he not a ballcarier after a botched snap?

not between the tackles

Rams Fan 11-05-2022 01:18 PM

Wow.

I think the first two calls were right (it wasn't a fumble and not targeting), but I'm not sure I agree with that call. I guess it's because he got the punt off.

Mosbonian 11-05-2022 01:20 PM

That is a screwjob....and I question whether he was really in the Tackle box....

Rams Fan 11-05-2022 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 16578021)
That is a screwjob....and I question whether he was really in the Tackle box....

The first two reversals were legit.

That one I'm not sure. It's close because the snap was botched but he got the punt off. That is awful to have a close game even have that play.

KChiefs1 11-05-2022 01:21 PM

What a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirk digler 11-05-2022 01:21 PM

Always something with MU. Never seen anything like it

TomBarndtsTwin 11-05-2022 01:22 PM

SEC officials will always side with their own.

Mizzou is the Big 12 implant that will always get the shaft on borderline calls / close games.

It is what it is.

KChiefs1 11-05-2022 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 16578021)

Total **** job by the refs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pepe Silvia 11-05-2022 01:22 PM

They’re scripted losses, they make Mizzou lose the same way every year. SEC will make sure they are never competitive again.

Demonpenz 11-05-2022 01:23 PM

they did the ole dave toub play

BryanBusby 11-05-2022 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia (Post 16578027)
They’re scripted losses, they make Mizzou lose the same way every year. SEC will make sure they are never competitive again.

I doubt they're scriping extending a loser ass coach for Missouri.

Rams Fan 11-05-2022 01:25 PM

Quote:

You really think the SEC scripted Mizzou's punter keeping a punt and giving Kentucky the ball inside Mizzou's 40? Or Cook fumbling the ball?

Mizzou_8541 11-05-2022 01:26 PM

Refs refuse to let us win this gsme

TomBarndtsTwin 11-05-2022 01:26 PM

Quote:

Starting to look that way.

I guess Mizzou REALLY pissed some of the old school guard off when they won the SEC East two of those first 3 years in the league.

They’re gonna make sure nothing like that ever even has a slight chance of happening again.

I get it. They know where there bread is buttered. Gotta take care of your boys.

Pepe Silvia 11-05-2022 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 16578032)
You really think the SEC scripted Mizzou's punter keeping a punt and giving Kentucky the ball inside Mizzou's 40? Or Cook fumbling the ball?

Yes, Peat made sure he tossed that ball away before he crossed the goal line against Auburn.

Pepe Silvia 11-05-2022 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 16578036)

I guess Mizzou REALLY pissed some of the old school guard off when they won the SEC East two of those first 3 years in the league.

They’re gonna make sure nothing like that ever even has a slight chance of happening again.

I get it. They know where there bread is buttered. Gotta take care of your boys.

Yep, and they’re making sure it never happens again. Mizzou players make mistakes like there is a gun to their head.

Mosbonian 11-05-2022 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 16578022)
The first two reversals were legit.

That one I'm not sure. It's close because the snap was botched but he got the punt off. That is awful to have a close game even have that play.

I didn't see the first 2 reversals....just commenting on that poor call at the end. How would the man in pursuit not assume the runner was going punt or run?

Rams Fan 11-05-2022 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 16578036)

Kentucky had 12 penalties called against them. The last play is close, but I don't know how you can say the fix is in when Mizzou also shot themselves in the foot.

dlphg9 11-05-2022 01:33 PM

These refs need to be put in a firing squad

TomBarndtsTwin 11-05-2022 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia (Post 16578039)
Yep, and they’re making sure it never happens again. Mizzou players make mistakes like there is a gun to their head.

‘Shut up and take your money and sit down in the back’

‘Just be grateful we allowed you to join our premier conference’

Different rules for different fools.

Pepe Silvia 11-05-2022 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 16578031)
I doubt they're scriping extending a loser ass coach for Missouri.

Yeah they can, just toss them some millions and say stay down bitch.

Rams Fan 11-05-2022 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 16578041)
I didn't see the first 2 reversals....just commenting on that poor call at the end. How would the man in pursuit not assume the runner was going punt or run?

I wouldn't have called it, but the justification is that the punter was still in the tackle box and made an attempt to punt it.

If I were the Mizzou player in that same situation, I would've done the exact same thing.

Mizzou_8541 11-05-2022 01:35 PM

I don’t think I’ve ever blamed the refs for a loss becasue it’s such a weak-minded Pete thing to do, but this was squarely on the refs. The ball was coming out and the punt…lol come on. Not to mention their receivers pushed off consistently.

Pepe Silvia 11-05-2022 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 16578044)
‘Shut up and take your money and sit down in the back’

‘Just be grateful we allowed you to join our premier conference’

Different rules for different fools.

The problem is now they are going to power conferences with OU and Texas and Mizzou won’t make them enough money and get the boot.

ChiefsCountry 11-05-2022 01:37 PM

Quote:

ROFL Mizzou lost the same ways in the Big 12 and Big 8.

Rams Fan 11-05-2022 01:38 PM

Also, current mood after getting another win in CoMo, just like 2018.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BALLLINNNNNNNN.<a href="https://twitter.com/UKFootball?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@UKFootball</a>&#39;s Mark Stoops crowd-surfing to Mo Bamba &gt; all other celebrations. <a href="https://t.co/TvtaYv5dZ7">pic.twitter.com/TvtaYv5dZ7</a></p>&mdash; FOX College Football (@CFBONFOX) <a href="https://twitter.com/CFBONFOX/status/1056352264300879872?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 28, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pepe Silvia 11-05-2022 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 16578050)
ROFL Mizzou lost the same ways in the Big 12 and Big 8.

Exactly, that’s there role, but the BiG 12 allowed them to go 8-4 at least, SEC is going to make sure they crush all hope.

TomBarndtsTwin 11-05-2022 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 16578042)
Kentucky had 12 penalties called against them. The last play is close, but I don't know how you can say the fix is in when Mizzou also shot themselves in the foot.

I don’t think it’s ‘fixed’, per say, I just think Mizzou will always get the short end of the stick when it comes to going up against the old SEC guard.

NO ONE (outside of Mizzou fans, of course) wants to see Mizzou be even remotely successful in the SEC. They just don’t. And why would they? There is no benefit to the SEC if Mizzou wins and is competitive. There just isn’t.

And like I said before, I DO think Mizzou REALLY pissed some people in the SEC off when they won the East two of those first 3 years in the league. They want to make sure something like that never even has a remote chance of happening again. Best way to do that is keep Mizzou buried at the bottom.

Like I said, I get it. It is what it is.

Rams Fan 11-05-2022 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 16578055)
I don’t think it’s ‘fixed’, per say, I just think Mizzou will always get the short end of the stick when it comes to going up against the old SEC guard.

NO ONE (outside of Mizzou fans, of course) wants to see Mizzou be even remotely successful in the SEC. They just don’t. And why would they? There is no benefit to the SEC if Mizzou wins and is competitive. There just isn’t.

And like I said before, I DO think Mizzou REALLY pissed some people in the SEC off when they won the East two of those first 3 years in the league. They want to make sure something like that never even has a remote chance of happening again. Best way to do that is keep Mizzou buried at the bottom.

Like I said, I get it. It is what it is.

The bolded is absolutely false from TV/media perspective.

Additionally, Mizzou geographically isn't rivals with anyone in the SEC aside from maybe Arkansas. None of the premier revenue sports Mizzou competes are they remotely a powerhouse or national power in.

Jerm 11-05-2022 01:49 PM

So the SEC decided to screw Mizzou…thus making the climb to have one of their schools be bowl eligible really difficult….

TOTALLY CHECKS OUT.

Christ some of you need to get out and touch some grass lol…the big bad SEC isn’t out to get Mizzou.

How about we focus on the real issues with this team? The fact the QB is an abomination and the dummy coach keeps running him out there.

Best22 11-05-2022 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 16578062)
The bolded is absolutely false from TV/media perspective.

Additionally, Mizzou geographically isn't rivals with anyone in the SEC aside from maybe Arkansas. None of the premier revenue sports Mizzou competes are they remotely a powerhouse or national power in.

That’s the thing. Mizzou isn’t a huge brand. We won the East twice and still weren’t a super marketable team.

Mizzou never did a good job with branding. And I think the SEC would rather see traditional teams succeed than Mizzou. Missourians love the Cardinals and Chiefs, that’s who they are most passionate for. Not Mizzou

I think SEC people see this and compare our situation with places like South Carolina. That’s a school with no real success in football (first bowl win in 1995) but are assumed to be a better team than Mizzou every year (even when we beat them regularly). It’s because they have a better brand and marketing than we do, and a more passionate fan base.

The SEC would rather see those kinds of teams win than Mizzou. We’re an outsider here, just like Arkansas probably felt like an outsider in the All-Texas SWC conference. It is what it is

Best22 11-05-2022 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 16578077)
So the SEC decided to screw Mizzou…thus making the climb to have one of their schools be bowl eligible really difficult….

TOTALLY CHECKS OUT.

Christ some of you need to get out and touch some grass lol…the big bad SEC isn’t out to get Mizzou.

How about we focus on the real issues with this team? The fact the QB is an abomination and the dummy coach keeps running him out there.

We can make a bowl as a 5-7 team.

The SEC is fine with this. 8-4 UK and 5-7 Mizzou going bowling looks better than 7-5 UK and 6-6 Mizzou

Rams Fan 11-05-2022 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 16578081)
That’s the thing. Mizzou isn’t a huge brand. We won the East twice and still weren’t a super marketable team.

Mizzou never did a good job with branding. And I think the SEC would rather see traditional teams succeed than Mizzou. Missourians love the Cardinals and Chiefs, that’s who they are most passionate for. Not Mizzou

I think SEC people see this and compare our situation with places like South Carolina. That’s a school with no real success in football (first bowl win in 1995) but are assumed to be a better team than Mizzou every year (even when we beat them regularly). It’s because they have a better brand and marketing than we do, and a more passionate fan base.

The SEC would rather see those kinds of teams win than Mizzou. We’re an outsider here, just like Arkansas probably felt like an outsider in the All-Texas SWC conference. It is what it is

I think you bring up more rational, valid points.

Part of that also has to do with the schools located near or in the region. Yes, Mizzou is the only FBS school in the state, but Kansas, Illinois, Arkansas, Iowa aren't too far either. And with middling success or short bursts that aren't sustained, that gets you nowhere.

Pepe Silvia 11-05-2022 01:55 PM

Kentucky has their ceiling as well, no matter how competitive they get or what favor they receive from officials they will still never play for a National Championship.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-05-2022 01:57 PM

Kentucky football is a ****ing joke. Absolutely GIVEN the game

Rams Fan 11-05-2022 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia (Post 16578091)
Kentucky has their ceiling as well, no matter how competitive they get or what favor they receive from officials they will still never play for a National Championship.

https://images.healthshots.com/healt...on-770x433.jpg

I'll take bowl eligibility in a sport that people continue to say that Kentucky has no business in competing in while winning titles in basketball.

Rams Fan 11-05-2022 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother (Post 16578095)
Kentucky football is a ****ing joke. Absolutely GIVEN the game

Get ****ed.

TomBarndtsTwin 11-05-2022 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia (Post 16578091)

Yup. SEC will protect a team like Kentucky against Mizzou, but when it comes to doing them any favors against the likes of Georgia, Florida or even Tennessee . . . . . . forget about it.

Kentucky is an ‘outsider’ in their own way, just not in the same way as Mizzou.

Best22 11-05-2022 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 16578084)
I think you bring up more rational, valid points.

Part of that also has to do with the schools located near or in the region. Yes, Mizzou is the only FBS school in the state, but Kansas, Illinois, Arkansas, Iowa aren't too far either. And with middling success or short bursts that aren't sustained, that gets you nowhere.

I don’t think that Illinois brand is too strong, we are clearly better in football historically. They’re a boring brand. Based on basketball. They are stronger than us there, but Mizzou fans will also compare them to Kansas and they simply just do not stack up. When we have good basketball teams, we expect to beat them

Kansas has a number of fans in Kansas City. People move here and cheer for a blue blood basketball team over a 6-6 football team that can’t decide what it’s logo is

Iowa has good branding and is consistent, and is usually playing above .500 football. Not alot of Iowa fans in Missouri but they do have a legit brand

Arkansas has a solid brand and certainly has some fans in southern Missouri. I think with the success of Pinkel you see a lot more Missouri fans in that region than before, though.

Rams Fan 11-05-2022 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 16578102)
Yup. SEC will protect a team like Kentucky against Mizzou, but when it comes to doing them any favors against the likes of Georgia, Florida or even Tennessee . . . . . . forget about it.

Kentucky is an ‘outsider’ in their own way, just not in the same way as Mizzou.

Kentucky is a founding member of the SEC.

Mizzou isn't.

Not a remotely comparable situation.

Pepe Silvia 11-05-2022 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 16578098)
https://images.healthshots.com/healt...on-770x433.jpg

I'll take bowl eligibility in a sport that people continue to say that Kentucky has no business in competing in while winning titles in basketball.

Your school still sucks and Cal will never win again.

TomBarndtsTwin 11-05-2022 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 16578100)
Get ****ed.

You never answered the question from earlier. Why did you disappear from this thread earlier when the game got close only to reappear after the roughing the kicker call and Kentucky finally having the game on lockdown?

Rams Fan 11-05-2022 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia (Post 16578107)
Your school still sucks and Cal will never win again.

Lexington is a beautiful city with thriving industry, bourbon, and horses.

And OK.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 16578109)
You never answered the question from earlier. Why did you disappear from this thread earlier when the game got close only to reappear after the roughing the kicker call and Kentucky finally having the game on lockdown?

I was pacing back and forth and would've taken my lumps after the game. I've literally seen Kentucky lose by 60 in person and stayed until the end and saw them lose by 38 last week. Believe it or not, I'm not on this forum every single second.

TomBarndtsTwin 11-05-2022 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 16578106)
Kentucky is a founding member of the SEC.

Mizzou isn't.

Not a remotely comparable situation.

You’re not a traditional football power, though, and we all know football is what makes the $$$$$ in college sports.

Aside from that, you’re kind of making my point for me regarding Mizzou vs. Kentucky.

Mizzou_8541 11-05-2022 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 16578047)
I don’t think I’ve ever blamed the refs for a loss becasue it’s such a weak-minded Pete thing to do, but this was squarely on the refs. The ball was coming out and the punt…lol come on. Not to mention their receivers pushed off consistently.

Oh, and the sideline skirmish where our players were walking away yet we still got a penalty. Kentucky lost, Mizzou beat them, but the refs won the game.

Pepe Silvia 11-05-2022 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 16578114)

And OK.

I was pacing back and forth and would've taken my lumps after the game.

Lexington is so great my best friend left for India instead. ROFL

Pepe Silvia 11-05-2022 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 16578119)
Oh, and the sideline skirmish where our players were walking away yet we still got a penalty. Kentucky lost, Mizzou beat them, but the refs won the game.

Don’t forget the first down they gave them which led to a TD after MU had them stopped.

Rams Fan 11-05-2022 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 16578118)
You’re not a traditional football power, though, and we all know football is what makes the $$$$$ in college sports.

Aside from that, you’re kind of making my point for me regarding Mizzou vs. Kentucky.

Mizzou has historically had slightly better success in basketball than football. They aren't dominant in either sport. Mizzou has two TV markets that they can claim while Kentucky has 1. Missouri is a larger state than Kentucky population wise. Mizzou can generate more $ if they marketed their brand correctly, yet mid-level success has impacted that.

Mizzou_8541 11-05-2022 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia (Post 16578123)
Don’t forget the first down they gave them which led to a TD after MU had them stopped.

Totally forget that one. There were so many I can’t remember them all.

Rams Fan 11-05-2022 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 16578119)

Dude hit a guy on the sideline and another guy hit Levis late.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia (Post 16578121)
Lexington is so great my best friend left for India instead. ROFL

Have you been to Lexington? I've only been to 7 SEC cities (6 excluding Nashville), and I'd rate them the following in terms of living and leisure.

1. Knoxville
2. Lexington
3. Athens
4. CoMo
5. Tuscaloosa
6. Auburn

TomBarndtsTwin 11-05-2022 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 16578114)

And OK.

I was pacing back and forth and would've taken my lumps after the game. I've literally seen Kentucky lose by 60 in person and stayed until the end and saw them lose by 38 last week. Believe it or not, I'm not on this forum every single second.

I’ll take your word for it, I guess. The timing just seemed a little odd.

Rams Fan 11-05-2022 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 16578130)
I’ll take your word for it, I guess. The timing just seemed a little odd.

I talk too much shit to not take it back. 99% sure I posted in the 2020 thread after Mizzou beat Kentucky.

Wait until basketball season starts in the Kansas thread. ;)

TomBarndtsTwin 11-05-2022 02:13 PM

Kentucky players were literally throwing punches at Mizzou players on the sideline during that scuffle. At the very least, it should have been off setting penalties.

I would say it will be interesting to see when the SEC takes a look at it this week to see if any further decisions to be made, but we all know how that will turn out.

Mizzou_8541 11-05-2022 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 16578128)
Dude hit a guy on the sideline and another guy hit Levis late.

Have you been to Lexington? I've only been to 7 SEC cities (6 excluding Nashville), and I'd rate them the following in terms of living and leisure.

1. Knoxville
2. Lexington
3. Athens
4. CoMo
5. Tuscaloosa
6. Auburn

You see what you want to see lol

TomBarndtsTwin 11-05-2022 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 16578137)
I talk too much shit to not take it back. 99% sure I posted in the 2020 thread after Mizzou beat Kentucky.

Wait until basketball season starts in the Kansas thread. ;)

Fair enough.

Rams Fan 11-05-2022 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 16578140)
You see what you want to see lol

So will you acknowledge that Kentucky had 5 more penalties called against them and they (Kentucky) had 12 penalties total? Or are you not going to and say the fix is in while also not mentioning Mizzou's punter ran a fake in their own territory, Cook fumbled on Mizzou's own side of the 50, and still scored 17 points, which were 4 less than 21?

Mizzou_8541 11-05-2022 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 16578148)
So will you acknowledge that Kentucky had 5 more penalties called against them and they (Kentucky) had 12 penalties total? Or are you not going to and say the fix is in while also not mentioning Mizzou's punter ran a fake in their own territory, Cook fumbled on Mizzou's own side of the 50, and still scored 17 points, which were 4 less than 21?

You mad? Never said a fix was in. That’s weak. The refs were bad. Real bad. Multiple blown game changing calls. Who gives a shit about a random false start.

But you know that already. You’re being purposely obtuse because you don’t want to admit that your team won due to the officiating.

Rams Fan 11-05-2022 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 16578162)
You mad? Never said a fix was in. That’s weak. The refs were bad. Real bad. Multiple blown game changing calls. Who gives a shit about a random false start.

But you know that already. You’re being purposely obtuse because you don’t want to admit that your team won due to the officiating.

That's because I never, ever, even when Kentucky's gotten the short end of controversial calls blame the refs when determining a game. Off the top of my head, that includes having a starting RB get ejected in a bowl game because he told a ref he didn't want to be helped up. A missed facemask last year vs Tennessee in a crucial point of the game and then another penalty being called on Stoops making it 4th and 24 (which Kentucky converted).

I'd be pissed if Kentucky lost the way Mizzou did. I get it. But Mizzou had 4 quarters to outscore Kentucky, didn't, and made crucial mistakes throughout the game.

Mosbonian 11-05-2022 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 16578062)
The bolded is absolutely false from TV/media

Sorry guy but you are incorrect.....I have lived in 3 states that are legacy SEC (Kentucky, South Carolina and Florida)

The obvious tone when speaking of Mizzou is one of disdain. You may not hear it now, but it is obvious when the local sports broadcasters (most of whom are old guard SEC) talk about playing Mizzou.

Rams Fan 11-05-2022 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 16578188)
Sorry guy but you are incorrect.....I have lived in 3 states that are legacy SEC (Kentucky, South Carolina and Florida)

The obvious tone when speaking of Mizzou is one of disdain. You may not hear it now, but it is obvious when the local sports broadcasters (most of whom are old guard SEC) talk about playing Mizzou.

I've lived in Kentucky and live in Alabama and grew up in Missouri.

No one cares here in Alabama and Kentucky's been either too irrelevant in football or too dominant in basketball to have a rival.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-05-2022 02:35 PM

The history of a program should be immaterial. The rules should be applied in a straightforward fashion. We all know that doesn't happen. It was awful at Allen Field House when we were in the previous conferences, but this is an entirely new beast.

Every game they play in conference they get ****ed over. This was the most egregious I've yet seen. Mizzou could hire Don Draper to design an ad campaign and pour tens of millions into market research and advertising, but it's not going to change the fact that they are going to get continually ****ed over because they aren't one of the good ol' boys. Even if they had the talent of the early 2000's Miami Hurricanes it wouldn't matter, because the conference is bound and determined to **** them over. It's not a matter of this happening one time, five times, or twenty times, it happens all the time. Eventually, it's not just an accident.

The BOC should have just bided their time and joined the Big Ten.

Mizzou_8541 11-05-2022 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 16578172)
That's because I never, ever, even when Kentucky's gotten the short end of controversial calls blame the refs when determining a game. Off the top of my head, that includes having a starting RB get ejected in a bowl game because he told a ref he didn't want to be helped up. A missed facemask last year vs Tennessee in a crucial point of the game and then another penalty being called on Stoops making it 4th and 24 (which Kentucky converted).

I'd be pissed if Kentucky lost the way Mizzou did. I get it. But Mizzou had 4 quarters to outscore Kentucky, didn't, and made crucial mistakes throughout the game.

I don’t think these happen in a vacuum. This happens to all teams. Mizzou fans, including myself, thinks this happens to us more than everyone else. I don’t think it does it’s just a function of who you root for.

I was so pissed at the Chris Jones call in the AFC championship game when he barely grazed Brady’s face mask with his arm and a 3 and out turned into a touchdown drive.

But this game didn’t happen in a vacuum and it was criminal what the refs did to us today. To celebrate this win as a true win is weak as ****.

Mizzou_8541 11-05-2022 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 16578202)
The history of a program should be immaterial. The rules should be applied in a straightforward fashion. We all know that doesn't happen. It was awful at Allen Field House when we were in the previous conferences, but this is an entirely new beast.

Every game they play in conference they get ****ed over. This was the most egregious I've yet seen. Mizzou could hire Don Draper to design an ad campaign and pour tens of millions into market research and advertising, but it's not going to change the fact that they are going to get continually ****ed over because they aren't one of the good ol' boys. Even if they had the talent of the early 2000's Miami Hurricanes it wouldn't matter, because the conference is bound and determined to **** them over. It's not a matter of this happening one time, five times, or twenty times, it happens all the time. Eventually, it's not just an accident.

JFC did your gas station buddy tell you this. Lol.

Pepe Silvia 11-05-2022 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 16578202)

I’ve been banging this drum for a while now, well said Hamas. The SEC is determined to keep them in the cellar.

Mizzou_8541 11-05-2022 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia (Post 16578212)
I’ve been banging this drum for a while now, well said Hamas. The SEC is determined to keep them in the cellar.

This makes no logical or financial sense. The SEC only benefits from every team being competitive. You all are some weak minded ****s.

Rams Fan 11-05-2022 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 16578209)
But this game didn’t happen in a vacuum and it was criminal what the refs did to us today. To celebrate this win as a true win is weak as ****.

It's a win in the record books with no asterisk.

It is what it is.

Drink needs to not be a shit play caller and actually get a real QB.

Pepe Silvia 11-05-2022 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 16578221)
This makes no logical or financial sense. The SEC only benefits from every team being competitive. You all are some weak minded ****s.

You do not realize how much this conference hates Mizzou. You should read Mosbonians post, it’s accurate as f***.

Mizzou_8541 11-05-2022 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 16578222)
It's a win in the record books with no asterisk.

It is what it is.

Drink needs to not be a shit play caller and actually get a real QB.

Cook was bad for sure. Maybe it’s just me, but I wouldn’t be in an opposing teams thread beating a dead horse. You do you though bro.

Mizzou_8541 11-05-2022 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia (Post 16578227)
You do not realize how much this conference hates Mizzou. You should read Mosbonians post, it’s accurate as f***.

I read his/her post. It’s full of conjecture and reactionary mad bullshit.

Rams Fan 11-05-2022 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 16578230)
Cook was bad for sure. Maybe it’s just me, but I wouldn’t be in an opposing teams thread beating a dead horse. You do you though bro.

I've got 90 minutes before I meet with friends later and am watching UT-UGA. Got my work out in already.

Mosbonian 11-05-2022 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 16578193)
I've lived in Kentucky and live in Alabama and grew up in Missouri.

No one cares here in Alabama and Kentucky's been either too irrelevant in football or too dominant in basketball to have a rival.

You completely missed what I was trying to tell you...I said nothing about being a rival. What I said was that the local sports talking heads act like Mizzou is Cousin Eddie from the vacation movies. It happened in Lexington, it happened in Columbia SC and you can hear it here in Jacksonville.

And I bet it is that way in Athens, Knoxville and Tuscaloosa when Mizzou is brought up in football conversations.

If you Don't think there is an Old Guard SEC clique you are a bit jaded.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-05-2022 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 16578221)

If every team in conference is 8-4 they are harmed substantially. They are hoping for one of Georgia or Tennessee to go unbeaten with the loser winning out and the winner losing to a one-loss Alabama in the conference championship game so that they can make an argument for having three teams in the playoff.

Each team in the playoff is an extra $6 million for the SEC.

Mosbonian 11-05-2022 02:52 PM

Oh...for clarification sake....the biggest problem Mizzou had today was a QB that wore Black and Gold and couldn't beat a HS football team.

Mizzou_8541 11-05-2022 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 16578233)
I've got 90 minutes before I meet with friends later and am watching UT-UGA. Got my work out in already.

Lol! Fair enough. Enjoy your time with your friends. Congrats on the win. You’ve got our number. I guess this it how Columbia East and Arkansas feels about Mizzou.

Ron Swanson 11-05-2022 02:53 PM

The ref that spotted that 1st down that was clearly at least a yard short should be investigated. He walked at a 45 degree angle to spot it and emphatically waved for a 1st down. That was just blatant cheating.

Rams Fan 11-05-2022 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 16578234)
You completely missed what I was trying to tell you...I said nothing about being a rival. What I said was that the local sports talking heads act like Mizzou is Cousin Eddie from the vacation movies. It happened in Lexington, it happened in Columbia SC and you can hear it here in Jacksonville.

And I bet it is that way in Athens, Knoxville and Tuscaloosa when Mizzou is brought up in football conversations.

If you Don't think there is an Old Guard SEC clique you are a bit jaded.

There is an Old Guard SEC, especially in football.

But I'm saying Mizzou is too irrelevant for a majority of the states to care one way or another, partially due to success and partially due to location. The same meat heads say the same dumb shit over and over. I get it. Kentucky gets bashed too (deservedly so) because of their historic success or lack thereof. Win big consistently and it goes away.

Mizzou_8541 11-05-2022 02:55 PM

Agreed completely. But Kentucky-Mizzou has nothing to do with that. There wasn’t some SEC conspiracy. It was simply really bad officiating and terrible QB play.

Rams Fan 11-05-2022 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 16578241)
Lol! Fair enough. Enjoy your time with your friends. Congrats on the win. You’ve got our number. I guess this it how Columbia East and Arkansas feels about Mizzou.

Already had my text conversation with my friend who is a Mizzou alum and talked some trash with my Dad who is a Kansas undergrad alum and Mizzou MBA alum.

And probably so.

Enjoy your weekend and please win in Knoxville next week.