ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

KC_Lee 02-28-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8405641)
Yeah I forgot about that. In the original Dawn of the Dead didn't they just fly off in the chopper and that was the end? I know in the remake they went to the island.

I think they went to an island in Day of the Dead, could be wrong though.

blaise 02-28-2012 04:19 PM

There's one movie where it's supposed to be like Pittsburgh and they use the rivers as a barrier, and make a fence for the land-locked side.
Then there's a movie where they're on an island off Delaware or something, and there's a guy there that's trained zombies to serve him dinner and stuff. That one is a spinoff of the Diary of the Dead, I think.

Gonzo 02-28-2012 05:00 PM

70's and 80's Zombie movies are so cheesy but I love them.

Ceej 02-28-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8405654)
There's one movie where it's supposed to be like Pittsburgh and they use the rivers as a barrier, and make a fence for the land-locked side.
Then there's a movie where they're on an island off Delaware or something, and there's a guy there that's trained zombies to serve him dinner and stuff. That one is a spinoff of the Diary of the Dead, I think.

The one with barriers and barricades is Land of the Dead.

The other one doesn't ring a bell.

Any zombie movie questions and I'm your guy. LMAO

Ceej 02-28-2012 05:10 PM

I always wondered why people who were running from zombies just didn't go on their roof.

I mean obviously it's a terrible idea during rainy and/or cold weather.

But, grab some supplies, and a ladder and you're set.

Just take the ladder up with you when you're on the roof.

KcMizzou 02-28-2012 05:26 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8Mo6C6up1Qo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Zebedee DuBois 02-28-2012 06:38 PM

I've only been following the zombie phenomena for a couple years, and don't know all the lore, so I have some confusion about their physiology.

1. Given that they are dead re-animated beings, whose flesh is necrotic and all internal functions have all ceased, other than the nervous system which can still crudely get the muscles to work facilitating locomotion....how or why are they motivated to feed? Eating may put food in the stomach, but the nonfunctioning circulatory system is not taking nutrients to the brain or muscles. It seems a pointless exercise, other than for the sake of terror. What is their motivation for food?
2.) My impression is that zombies eat the living, and only the living. They don't eat each other, they don't go to the supermarket meat counter - they desire the flesh of the living. But once they start chomping, the living quickly becomes the deceased. How long are we palatable to the zombie? Do we cease being yummy once we quit wiggling and screaming?

Valiant 02-28-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8404669)
OK....what IS the real ending?? I wanna know!

by the way...the movie ending of The Mist left me wanting to smash something. that is NOT how the book ends. stupid stupid stupid ending. just ****ing AWEFUL! you should be ashamed S King.

the dvd showed the real ending.. And he is correct, much better..

Valiant 02-28-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8405737)
70's and 80's Zombie movies are so cheesy but I love them.

Return of the Living Dead 1 & 2, now they did zombies right.. Now the rest of the series is dogshit though..

Valiant 02-28-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8405763)
The one with barriers and barricades is Land of the Dead.

The other one doesn't ring a bell.

Any zombie movie questions and I'm your guy. LMAO

It is called Survival of the Dead, actually Romero movie.. ****ing horrible..

Valiant 02-28-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8405772)
I always wondered why people who were running from zombies just didn't go on their roof.

I mean obviously it's a terrible idea during rainy and/or cold weather.

But, grab some supplies, and a ladder and you're set.

Just take the ladder up with you when you're on the roof.

For how long?? Eventually you have to come down.. Supplies are limited, and the longer you are up there, the more zombies would surround your house..

penguinz 02-28-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8406029)
Return of the Living Dead 1 & 2, now they did zombies right.. Now the rest of the series is dogshit though..

Only thing they had right were boobies.

Valiant 02-28-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 8405950)
I've only been following the zombie phenomena for a couple years, and don't know all the lore, so I have some confusion about their physiology.

1. Given that they are dead re-animated beings, whose flesh is necrotic and all internal functions have all ceased, other than the nervous system which can still crudely get the muscles to work facilitating locomotion....how or why are they motivated to feed? Eating may put food in the stomach, but the nonfunctioning circulatory system is not taking nutrients to the brain or muscles. It seems a pointless exercise, other than for the sake of terror. What is their motivation for food?
2.) My impression is that zombies eat the living, and only the living. They don't eat each other, they don't go to the supermarket meat counter - they desire the flesh of the living. But once they start chomping, the living quickly becomes the deceased. How long are we palatable to the zombie? Do we cease being yummy once we quit wiggling and screaming?

1. Depends on the zombie film, zombies could be from necromancing, virus, alien, military or biblical.. I like military and a virus that stops most of the decaying, kind of like return of the night of the living dead films.. As for food, started as brains, something with the chemicals in the brain.

2. Again depends on the zombie movie, original most of the foreign films that started the zombie craze had them eat different things. Flys and birds were the carrier for one zombie movie, I think Zombi3, like a late 60s movie.. Also, generally most zombie films state that the virus is only harmful to humans..

I really need to quit ****ing around so much and write my story.. I think I could make a decent tv show..

I will try and find it, but there is a decent British zombie films where only the females turn into zombies.. violence + humor..

penguinz 02-28-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8406042)
For how long?? Eventually you have to come down.. Supplies are limited, and the longer you are up there, the more zombies would surround your house..

And as more show up they would be able to climb over each other and eventually make it to the roof.

Valiant 02-28-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 8406056)
Only thing they had right were boobies.

Some of the visuals were top notch.. The zombies in canisters.. Hell most B movies today cant even get a 1/10 of that level..