ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***Offical 2012 STL Cardinals World Champions Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619)

NJChiefsFan 10-13-2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9007028)
you forgot the Braves in 2012. Their pitcher hadn't lost in 23 games. .98 ERA. And he was on early.

Other teams have to be afraid of the cardinals now. These guys are never going to give up. They start scoring a run or two, its got to be in their head...oh shit here they come.

Not only had Medlen not recieved a loss in those 23 games, the Braves hadn't lost any of them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9007042)
Biggest comeback in MLB playoff history. :thumb:

Well, biggest in an elimination game. Epic all the same.

BigRedChief 10-13-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9007113)
Not only had Medlen not recieved a loss in those 23 games, the Braves hadn't lost any of them.

Tweet from Chipper Jones after the Harper home run:

Gio is lookin good. Rootin for my huntin buddy, Rochy and the Nats! Big first inning could be enough. And the kid just went deep! Ball game!
Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9007113)
Well, biggest in an elimination game. Epic all the same.

Didn't see a qualifier on the MLB network that said biggest comeback evah

NJChiefsFan 10-13-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9007120)
Didn't see a qualifier on the MLB network that said biggest comeback evah

I couldn't find the actual stat. TBS, Yahoo, and a few others kept using that as a qualifier. I guess I don't know for sure.

kcxiv 10-13-2012 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9007080)
Whu?

Carlos Beltran raked in SF last year.

Your point stands - it was injuries (notably his knees). But he was a damn fine hitter with SF last season.

DO you know if he got that surgery that Kobe and Arod did? i Know KObe said if he didnt get the treatment he wouldnt be playing anymore and he was considering retiring until that blood spinning thing helped him out.

Anyways, **** the Giants, im going for the Cards to go all. Giants for me are like the Raiders to a Chiefs fan. Imma Dodger fan.

Jewish Rabbi 10-13-2012 04:15 AM

So... That happened, right?

Mi_chief_fan 10-13-2012 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 9007183)

The highlights at 6am et match the highlights from 1 am, so f**k yeah, it happened! :thumb:

BigRedChief 10-13-2012 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 9007183)

No, it wasn't a dream.

I think this may be sweeter for us Chief/Cardinal fans than any other group of cardinal fans. We have to see our beloved Chiefs underperform each week. Displeased with the direction of the team. Our Cardinals overperform their talent level. Our future is bright. The young quality pitching that we are amassing is going to gaurantee that there is no window to win. This window of opportunity is going to stay open.
'

Red Beans 10-13-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9007223)
No, it wasn't a dream.

I think this may be sweeter for us Chief/Cardinal fans than any other group of cardinal fans. We have to see our beloved Chiefs underperform each week. Displeased with the direction of the team. Our Cardinals overperform their talent level. Our future is bright. The young quality pitching that we are amassing is going to gaurantee that there is no window to win. This window of opportunity is going to stay open.
'

Nothing soothes the burn of a shitty start to the Chief's season like a little Cardinal's baseball in October!

Frazod 10-13-2012 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9007175)
DO you know if he got that surgery that Kobe and Arod did? i Know KObe said if he didnt get the treatment he wouldnt be playing anymore and he was considering retiring until that blood spinning thing helped him out.

Anyways, **** the Giants, im going for the Cards to go all. Giants for me are like the Raiders to a Chiefs fan. Imma Dodger fan.

This is going to be hell on L.A.Chieffan. :D

Pasta Little Brioni 10-13-2012 08:10 AM

What a chokejob by the Nats. Wow, bet yeah they wish they had Stras in the pen for that one.

Storen looked like he "pulled an Izzy" and pitched around Molina and Freese putting the tying run in scoring position. Dumbass.

BigRedChief 10-13-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9007256)
This is going to be hell on L.A.Chieffan. :D

If we would have lost, he would have been here gloating even though his team is watching us on TV.LMAO

BigRedChief 10-13-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9007268)
What a chokejob by the Nats. Wow, bet yeah they wish they had Stras in the pen for that one.

Storen looked like he "pulled an Izzy" and pitched around Molina and Freese putting the tying run in scoring position. Dumbass.

I don't know, you are playing to get one more out. Who is more likely to get that out, Molina, Freese or Delcaso?

King_Chief_Fan 10-13-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9007223)
No, it wasn't a dream.

'

:thumb::thumb:

Pasta Little Brioni 10-13-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9007358)
I don't know, you are playing to get one more out. Who is more likely to get that out, Molina, Freese or Delcaso?

NEVER put the tying run on base much less scoring position, it's dumb. The odds of any slapdick hitting a single are too great...unless you are going up against a heavily armored, roided Barry Bonds or something.

whoman69 10-13-2012 10:37 AM

I came home from work and it was 6-0. Didn't even figure it was worth watching so I watched a movie with the Mrs. When the movie was over I checked ESPN and was stunned. I went up to my wife all crestfallen saying that the Cardinals had fallen behind 6-0 in the elimination game. The I perked up and told her they won 9-7.