ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012 Kansas Football Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=253033)

Bambi 12-28-2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8241355)
Nebraska fans travel better than any fans in the country. Mizzou will travel just fine when there are places worth the trip next year. Don't you worry your adorable cartoon beaks.

Wrong. Visiting fans don't really "travel" to games. They already live there.

This is why there are always Packers, Yankees, Nebraska, etc at stadiums around the country.

Missouri has no fans outside of the state. That's just a fact. After the first trip to "Florida" you will see a huge dropoff in people actually getting on planes to go places for football games.

Just how it works.

Mr. Plow 12-28-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8241355)
Nebraska fans travel better than any fans in the country. Mizzou will travel just fine when there are places worth the trip next year. Don't you worry your adorable cartoon beaks.

MU always has their excuses for not showing up - it's always been that way and it will continue to be that way regardless of where or who they are playing.

Saulbadguy 12-28-2011 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8241366)

This is why there are always Packers, Yankees, Nebraska, etc at stadiums around the country.

Missouri has no fans outside of the state. That's just a fact. After the first trip to "Florida" you will see a huge dropoff in people actually getting on planes to go places for football games.

Just how it works.

I'd say that is pretty accurate for pro teams, not so much college teams. I'll always laugh when people say Steelers fans "travel well". Yeah, it's a long drive from Johnson County to Arrowhead Stadium.

Pants 12-28-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8241372)
MU always has their excuses for not showing up - it's always been that way and it will continue to be that way regardless of where or who they are playing.

Yeah. But I agree, we shouldn't worry our cartoon beaks about their shitty fans.

|Zach| 12-28-2011 01:17 PM

So, has everyone moved on from Missouri is going to get killed and can't compete in the SEC? Have new talking points been distributed to the jilted masses?

Reerun_KC 12-28-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8241387)
So, has everyone moved on from Missouri is going to get killed and can't compete in the SEC? Have new talking points been distributed to the jilted masses?

You tell us oh Jilted one...

Pants 12-28-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8241401)
You tell us oh Jilted one...

Zach would never be jilted over sports. There's too much to life so he only cares about sports teams a little bit. Sometimes.

Mr. Plow 12-28-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8241387)

Next year, at least, the MU schedule looks somewhat favorable.

Saul Good 12-28-2011 01:33 PM

So now we're worried that attendance at road games won't be high enough?

Pants 12-28-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8241433)

Not sure who the "we" are, but I'm not.

Reerun_KC 12-28-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8241433)

:facepalm: Yeah thats exactly the conversation...

Saul Good 12-28-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8241366)

Just how it works.

Interesting theory. Why don't you try booking a hotel in Knoxville for 9/15/2012 and let me know how that works out. While you're at it, try booking one in Baton Rouge on 11\3\2012.

There should be plenty available since the Gator and Tide fans won't be making the trip.

Braincase 12-28-2011 01:48 PM

The troll can't read. Confuses Missouri with Florida and Alabama. Is it possible that he could score a negative on a geography exam?

Meanwhile, what do you guys think about some of the other prospects looking at KU? After all, this is a KU thread...

Bambi 12-28-2011 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8241373)
I'd say that is pretty accurate for pro teams, not so much college teams. I'll always laugh when people say Steelers fans "travel well". Yeah, it's a long drive from Johnson County to Arrowhead Stadium.

I was going to throw in, KSU is the one group I can actively think of that actually fills up the local airport and travels to games.

That and the red sox fans going to Baltimore.

Saul Good 12-28-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8241485)
The troll can't read. Confuses Missouri with Florida and Alabama. Is it possible that he could score a negative on a geography exam?

Meanwhile, what do you guys think about some of the other prospects looking at KU? After all, this is a KU thread...

Pretty sure "visiting fans" means "visiting fans". If you saw the qualifier "this phenomenon applies only to Missouri fans and not to fans of other teams", let me know. I totally missed it.

Otherwise, save your hostility for referees of pre-pubescent girls' basketball games.