ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics New Apple Tablet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=222464)

BigMeatballDave 07-16-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 7751713)
It rubs you the wrong way that people are proud of their device? Why? Many Apple owners are certainly douchebags, but why should that bother you? That sounds like insecurity. If you're happy with what you use, why should you feel rubbed the wrong way by what someone else uses?

I believe it's all simply a matter of opinion. Insecure? That sounds like a fanboi.

Fish 07-16-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 7751883)
I believe it's all simply a matter of opinion. Insecure? That sounds like a fanboi.

LOL.... OK.

BigMeatballDave 07-16-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 7751948)
LOL.... OK.

Laugh all you want. If you say anything remotely derogatory, even in jest, about an Apple product, prepare for a shitstorm from a fanboi. The proof is in this thread.

DaFace 07-16-2011 02:47 PM

ROFL at the concept of people being "proud" of their phones. It a hunk of gadgetry that you did absolutely nothing but pay for, for chrissakes.

morphius 07-16-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7745313)
Well, I don't hate Apple. I just hate their prices. The product is really good. I love my ipod touch.

Yup, I think they build quality equipment, but don't like the premium price they feel they deserve and I hate vendor lock in. I just see them repeating the early 80's all over again on a different platform. Their best hope is the stupid patent policy on software that is working to kill innovation in this country.

WilliamTheIrish 07-16-2011 03:32 PM

So. If I were to make an iPad purchase, would a 16 gig be a good choice? I dot play games much, but 16g sounds like plenty. I'd like to watch some tv series, maybe some movies. Use it as my e reader.

Think the 16g would be sufficient?
Posted via Mobile Device

Param 07-16-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 7752032)
So. If I were to make an iPad purchase, would a 16 gig be a good choice? I dot play games much, but 16g sounds like plenty. I'd like to watch some tv series, maybe some movies. Use it as my e reader.

Posted via Mobile Device

I would recommend the bump to 32gb. It just opens up a lot of options.

Param 07-16-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 7640887)
Well, it's not like you need an iOS app for the site, anyway.

As for the camera -- who the hell uses a camera on an iPad, anyway? I don't think I've ever even bothered turning it on. Not because it's useless, although it may be, but because using a camera on a tablet is awkward.

I have used the cameras for taking random pictures and facetime.

WilliamTheIrish 07-16-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Param (Post 7752040)
I would recommend the bump to 32gb. It just opens up a lot of options.

Can you explain further?
Posted via Mobile Device

Pants 07-16-2011 03:48 PM

WTI, if you want an e-reader, I would get an e-reader. **** reading anything on a lit display. Your eyes deserve better.

As far as tablets go, I can't recommend anything because I don't see the point of them.

Silock 07-16-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 7752032)

Posted via Mobile Device

It depends. I don't store hardly anything on my iPad at all. I just stream everything. I have some books (takes up no space), but that's it. All my music is either streamed from my computer or Pandora. Same with videos - streamed from my computer or from Netflix.

If you have wifi constantly, you can get away with a 16gb no problem.

WilliamTheIrish 07-16-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7752056)
WTI, if you want an e-reader, I would get an e-reader. **** reading anything on a lit display. Your eyes deserve better.

As far as tablets go, I can't recommend anything because I don't see the point of them.

Thanks Pants. I have a Sony e reader. Love it. Wasn't aware that the difference was that great.
Posted via Mobile Device

WilliamTheIrish 07-16-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 7752069)
It depends. I don't store hardly anything on my iPad at all. I just stream everything. I have some books (takes up no space), but that's it. All my music is either streamed from my computer or Pandora. Same with videos - streamed from my computer or from Netflix.

If you have wifi constantly, you can get away with a 16gb no problem.

Here's what my options are in this situation: I could purchase a new 16g iPad2 for the suggested retail price or purchase a rarely used 64g iPad1 with 3g and wifi for 300. Can I get some compare and contrast between the two?
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave 07-16-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7752056)

They are cool. :D

Fish 07-16-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 7752080)
Here's what my options are in this situation: I could purchase a new 16g iPad2 for the suggested retail price or purchase a rarely used 64g iPad1 with 3g and wifi for 300. Can I get some compare and contrast between the two?
Posted via Mobile Device

I would really recommend the 16gb 2nd gen in that situation. Unless you plan to put a ton of movies on it, you'll never come close to using all that space. Most everything you do on it is streaming. And the games and apps take up no space at all.

The second gen is smaller and much for comfortable to hold. And it has a flat bottom while the 1st gen is slightly rounded on the bottom. I've owned both, and the 2nd gen just feels much better. Faster loading apps and mutlitasking too.