ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher:Prodded by Andy Reid, Chiefs QB Alex Smith learning to be more aggressive (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273618)

BigBeauford 06-29-2013 01:59 PM

I bought a Trek Dual Sport 8.3. Its geared towards being a road bike, but isn't afraid to go into some dirt. It is also infinitely more comfortable than a true road bike.

Fat Elvis 06-29-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9783666)
Agreed. Geno will be a huge disappointment, and I will look am incredibly dumb, if he is not starting next season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9783669)
Fixed

Now it is fixed.....

Hammock Parties 06-29-2013 11:30 PM

Counting the chickens way before they're hatched there.

Tribal Warfare 06-29-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9783712)
Or, considering the mans known IQ, perhaps he's being proactive regarding his career from the get-go, and taking no shit?

This "immaturity" shit is overblown. WAY overblown, and some folks here are going to find this out the hard way.

He ****ed up along the interview process, and coaches might saw something that rubbed them the wrong way for him to drop like he did. Firing his agent, because he didn't get picked in the 1st is a red flag for maturity issues.

crazycoffey 06-30-2013 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9783668)
I will follow him.

Then follow him to the jets board.

milkman 06-30-2013 06:43 AM

I'm not going back to qoute all of the posts I'll be adressing here.
I'm going to try to touch on the things I've read and want to respond to.

First, let's talk about Mark Sanchez.
As many, if not most, may know, I really liked him coming out.
I said at the time, however, that he was a guy that needed to sit for a year, at the least, and ideally should sit for two.
Unlike some (keg then, Dane now), I believe you still invest high first round picks on the guys that you believe have the potential to be outstanding QBs even if you don't believe they can be first year starters.
Passing on them is short sighted, IMO.
Sanchez is at a cross roads now.
He is either going to continue down the path to complete bust, or he will begin to live up to his potential.
Most are giving up on him.
But it was at this same point in his career that Drew Brees began to emerge.

It's all going to ride on maturity and work ethic for him now.
He has the physical tools.

milkman 06-30-2013 07:00 AM

Next, to Coogs primarily, I believe the thing that separates Joe Montana from Alex Smith is confidence.
The confidence in one's self and the confidence the players around them had/have in them.
Montana believed in his reads, in his ability to put the ball exactly where he had to, and his teamates believed.
I din't believe that Smith was ever going to earn that confidence from his team in San Francisco.
Just too many years of mediocrity or complete suckage there.
He needed a change of venue.
He's got that.
Now it's up to Andy Reid and staff to instill that self confidence.
I keep reading that Smith is a smart QB whose pre snap reads and adjustments are on Peyton Manning's level.
So what happens after the snap.
I'll tell you.
He doesn"t believe in his ability to put the ball where it needs to be in tight windows.
If Andy Reid can get Smith to trust himself, he will back up his claim that he can turn Smith into a HoF QB.
The problem is that I don't believe that's going to happen at this stage of Smith's career.

Marcellus 06-30-2013 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9784465)
I'm not going back to qoute all of the posts I'll be adressing here.
I'm going to try to touch on the things I've read and want to respond to.

First, let's talk about Mark Sanchez.
As many, if not most, may know, I really liked him coming out.
I said at the time, however, that he was a guy that needed to sit for a year, at the least, and ideally should sit for two.
Unlike some (keg then, Dane now), I believe you still invest high first round picks on the guys that you believe have the potential to be outstanding QBs even if you don't believe they can be first year starters.
Passing on them is short sighted, IMO.
Sanchez is at a cross roads now.
He is either going to continue down the path to complete bust, or he will begin to live up to his potential.
Most are giving up on him.
But it was at this same point in his career that Drew Brees began to emerge.

It's all going to ride on maturity and work ethic for him now.
He has the physical tools.

The book on Sanchez has been written, he isn't going to get good now.

That's ridiculous to even consider.

milkman 06-30-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9784469)

Alex Smith can get good, though, right?

keg in kc 06-30-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9784465)

You misrepresent me a bit. I was never convinced that Sanchez had the potential to be an outstanding quarterback at the pro level because he simply hadn't played enough to demonstrate it. Historically speaking it's enough of a risk to take a junior QB at all, much less a junior with a single year of experience. So in his specific case I did not believe the high degree of risk was worth what I considered to be a minimal chance at reward.

Contrast that with someone like Geno Smith, who had performed at a high level in a variety of offensive systems for three years...

And you're right, it is ironic that the book on Sanchez has been written, but apparently the book on Alex Smith has not.

Marcellus 06-30-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9784478)
Alex Smith can get good, though, right?

Well one of them has been ascending and the other descending.

Don't act like you dont know the difference.

The butt-fumble play is possibly one of the worst in the history of QB play.

Marcellus 06-30-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9784484)
You misrepresent me a bit. I was never convinced that Sanchez had the potential to be an outstanding quarterback at the pro level because he simply hadn't played enough to demonstrate it. Historically speaking it's enough of a risk to take a junior QB at all, much less a junior with a single year of experience. So in his specific case I did not believe the high degree of risk was worth what I considered to be a minimal chance at reward.

Contrast that with someone like Geno Smith, who had performed at a high level in a variety of offensive systems for three years...

And you're right, it is ironic that the book on Sanchez has been written, but apparently the book on Alex Smith has not

There is nothing ironic at all about it, not only has Alex picked up his play and Sanchez regressed, from all reports (and there have been many look them up) Sanchez isn't a hard worker and is not dedicated to the craft of being a QB, which never bodes well for a guy who needs to improve.
https://www.google.com/search?q=MArk...ient=firefox-a

The team with Sanchez just drafted another QB in the 2nd round, what does that tell you about their belief in him?

chiefzilla1501 06-30-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9784469)

THat's kind of ridiculous. Alex Smith didn't "ascend" until late in his career, and even still basically started playing like... rookie year Mark Sanchez

I am curious about how Sanchez would do behind a different coach. I think he's been coddled WAY too much by Rex Ryan.

TheUte 06-30-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9784468)
Next, to Coogs primarily, I believe the thing that separates Joe Montana from Alex Smith is confidence.
The confidence in one's self and the confidence the players around them had/have in them.
Montana believed in his reads, in his ability to put the ball exactly where he had to, and his teamates believed.
I din't believe that Smith was ever going to earn that confidence from his team in San Francisco.
Just too many years of mediocrity or complete suckage there.
He needed a change of venue.
He's got that.
Now it's up to Andy Reid and staff to instill that self confidence.
I keep reading that Smith is a smart QB whose pre snap reads and adjustments are on Peyton Manning's level.
So what happens after the snap.
I'll tell you.
He doesn"t believe in his ability to put the ball where it needs to be in tight windows.
If Andy Reid can get Smith to trust himself, he will back up his claim that he can turn Smith into a HoF QB.
The problem is that I don't believe that's going to happen at this stage of Smith's career.

You are absolutely correct.

I think he can change and will.

There was too much baggage in SF.

The change will be good, watch and see.

milkman 06-30-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9784496)
Well one of them has been ascending and the other descending.

Don't act like you dont know the difference.

The butt-fumble play is possibly one of the worst in the history of QB play.

Yeah, cause Alex Smith began his ascension well before his 4th season.

Oh.......wait.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9784498)
There is nothing ironic at all about it, not only has Alex picked up his play and Sanchez regressed, from all reports (and there have been many look them up) Sanchez isn't a hard worker and is not dedicated to the craft of being a QB, which never bodes well for a guy who needs to improve.
https://www.google.com/search?q=MArk...ient=firefox-a

The team with Sanchez just drafted another QB in the 2nd round, what does that tell you about their belief in him?

2011, the team that Alex Smith plays for just tradede up in the second round to draft a QB,.
What does that tell you about Alex Smith?