ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274670)

WhawhaWhat 04-06-2016 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12166278)
Hollywood? What does that even mean?

I believe it's in California and where people generally associate movies like Superman being made.

WhawhaWhat 04-06-2016 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 12166161)
I haven't read a good portion of this conversation, but I'm curious what you think a good superman movie would look like?

He's a god among humans yet they always make him play to the level of the humans and protecting Earth by walking on eggshells around them.

He should be using his powers to defeat opponents that are as strong or stronger than him. I understand that part of being Superman is having to hold back on the fragile humans, but Superman looks like a doofus when Lex outsmarts him every time and the audience clearly see that too.

I liked the Smallville fight in Man of Steel and the fight with Darkseid at the end of the Justice League Unlimited cartoon where Superman can just let loose and use his powers as best as he knows how. He shouldn't need to be controlled by Darkseid in the next movie in order to let that happen.

Halfcan 04-06-2016 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 12166297)
Lmao... Hey it wasn't the best but it was still good IMO...

As others have mentioned the whole plot of Superman vs Batman doesn't make any sense so the directors were in a bad spot from the beginning.

I thought I had lowered my expectations low enough to see it on discount Tuesday, but was still disappointed. Total fail on every level. This is probably the worst acted, worst written blockbuster ever.

6 Million dollar man Vs. Bigfoot was better.. even King Kong Vs. Godzilla was better.

Superman Vs. Batman-should never have been made. :rolleyes: I was trying to think of something I liked about this film....and can't think of anything.

Just Passin' By 04-06-2016 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 12166297)
Lmao... Hey it wasn't the best but it was still good IMO...

As others have mentioned the whole plot of Superman vs Batman doesn't make any sense so the directors were in a bad spot from the beginning.

It's a movie where plot is essential. If the plot doesn't make any sense, how the hell can you consider the movie to be "still good"?

Halfcan 04-06-2016 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 12166608)
It's a movie where plot is essential. If the plot doesn't make any sense, how the hell can you consider the movie to be "still good"?

Was it written by third graders?

ThaVirus 04-06-2016 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 12166602)
I was trying to think of something I liked about this film....and can't think of anything.

The Batman warehouse fight scene?

Chazno 04-06-2016 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12166629)
The Batman warehouse fight scene?

it was my favorite. Gave me hope for the Batman movies, especially when I found out Ben was directing.

keg in kc 04-06-2016 03:04 PM

Interesting conjecture about where Justice League may be heading, and the possibility of Superman becoming a villain for the rest of the team to overcome: http://www.blastr.com/2016-4-6/break...erman-darkseid

Just Passin' By 04-06-2016 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 12166695)
Interesting conjecture about where Justice League may be heading, and the possibility of Superman becoming a villain for the rest of the team to overcome: http://www.blastr.com/2016-4-6/break...erman-darkseid

Snyder has shit all over Superman, and turned Batman into an obsessed, murderous, deranged would-be killer of a man who was clearly on the side of good, so I don't know why anyone would still be buying the nonsense about him caring about the comics and what is canon.

Fish 04-06-2016 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 12166695)

That sounds awful.

PAChiefsGuy 04-06-2016 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 12166608)

Well I still considered it entertaining. I loved how they put Superwoman into the movie, I thought the actress did a great job. I liked a lot of the Batman and Superman scenes. Loved the Doomsday fight etc.. There was still a lot I liked about the movie even though there was a lot I didn't like.

It's worth a watch IMO.

BigRichard 04-07-2016 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 12167247)
Well I still considered it entertaining. I loved how they put Superwoman into the movie, I thought the actress did a great job. I liked a lot of the Batman and Superman scenes. Loved the Doomsday fight etc.. There was still a lot I liked about the movie even though there was a lot I didn't like.

It's worth a watch IMO.

Que?

ThaVirus 04-07-2016 07:07 AM

He probably meant Wonder Woman

Mile High Mania 04-07-2016 07:19 AM

I watched it and honestly... the premise was lame. I believe I'm more of an Avenger guy and I hate Affleck in these roles. Honestly, there's no way Batman could realistically beat SM... the whole thing was flawed, it was 'too dark' like a Burton film and BM was painted as a self-absorbed, paranoid freakshow.

I took my son and some friends to watch it and at no time did I think "this is cool". I thought Holly was miscast in her role, Luthor's character was ok. I think BM is a great cast, as was Lois. But, overall - blech.

Sure-Oz 04-07-2016 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 12167364)
I watched it and honestly... the premise was lame. I believe I'm more of an Avenger guy and I hate Affleck in these roles. Honestly, there's no way Batman could realistically beat SM... the whole thing was flawed, it was 'too dark' like a Burton film and BM was painted as a self-absorbed, paranoid freakshow.

I took my son and some friends to watch it and at no time did I think "this is cool". I thought Holly was miscast in her role, Luthor's character was ok. I think BM is a great cast, as was Lois. But, overall - blech.

It's based on the dark knight returns comic...of course Kryptonite comes into play

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk