ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274670)

Just Passin' By 04-07-2016 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 12168294)
So Batman is suppose to be the greatest private dick of all times? Yet he didn't know Supermans moms name was Martha? How the **** did he not know this? How the **** for all his training and preparation and investigations of finding out Supermans weakness that he didn't some how figure out Superman has a mom that lives in Kansas with the name Martha?

Hell, just take a look at the Wallace Keefe character. Lex Luthor learns the hidden secrets of both Batman and Superman, but Batman can't be bothered to do some checking on the guy who blew up Congress.

Bowser 04-07-2016 09:12 PM

I keep forgetting to ask this -

Why was Wayne Manor in ruins? Was that ever covered?

RobBlake 04-08-2016 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12168641)
I keep forgetting to ask this -

Why was Wayne Manor in ruins? Was that ever covered?

prob wil be covered in solo bat film

RobBlake 04-08-2016 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 12167607)
Honestly, I think I have been spoiled by the Daredevil fight scenes. The second season ones are flat out amazing.

So Batman takes two rounds point blank right to the back of the head-nothing? The concussive shock wave would have knocked his ass out at a minimum.

Oh and then he gets stabbed through his costume in the chest. So a blade can penetrate the suit but not two bullets from a Glock? Dumb.

So he takes a chest wound and keeps on going?

The rest of the fight seemed mechanical / robotic and done before.

Oh and Batman trains to fight Superman with an old tractor tire and some pull ups. ROFL He is a Billionaire and all he has is a tractor tire and sledge hammer. ****ing reeruned. At least we know how he can lift a 5 thousand pound beam off a guys legs now. ROFL

This scene is blatantly stolen right from Rocky 4.

Almost everything in this movie -was lifted from another movie.
Ex.
Superman being saved by Lois in the water- Stolen from Original Superman.

its a ****ing comic book movie, jfc lmao.

Batman was training to withstand Superman's strength and attacks, not to beat him by brute force, obviously.

Just Passin' By 04-12-2016 12:36 AM

BvS fell to #3 at the box office this week, and there's this from a few days ago:

Quote:

Batman v Superman will not be as profitable for Warner Bros. as 2013's Man of Steel, according to a new report. Batman v Superman is expected to make a profit of $278 million for Warner Bros., factoring in combined revenue from its theatrical release, home video, TV, and merchandise, SNL Kagan analyst Wade Holden told Bloomberg. By comparison, Warner Bros. made an estimated $300 million from Man of Steel when adding up box office receipts and the other items, according to the analyst.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bat.../1100-6438683/

And I've seen others estimate that the profits could be even less. This is not what Warner wanted from this movie.

DaneMcCloud 04-12-2016 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 12174113)
BvS fell to #3 at the box office this week, and there's this from a few days ago:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bat.../1100-6438683/

And I've seen others estimate that the profits could be even less. This is not what Warner wanted from this movie.

No studio wants a film to under perform, so what's the point of your repeated posts?

Just Passin' By 04-12-2016 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12174115)
No studio wants a film to under perform, so what's the point of your repeated posts?

I did follow up for 2 weeks after its initial weekend, because part of the issue was whether it would hold up after the initial fan boy surge. What's the point of your post?

DaneMcCloud 04-12-2016 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 12174641)
I did follow up for 2 weeks after its initial weekend, because part of the issue was whether it would hold up after the initial fan boy surge. What's the point of your post?

I have a feeling that they'll get another "fanboy surge" after the R rated version is released this summer.

This film is under-performing but release, which I expect to be timed closely to Suicide Squad, should help.

Sure-Oz 04-12-2016 05:17 PM

@GermainLussier: The head of WB just made it sound like Ben Affleck directing a solo Batman movie is a done deal.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sure-Oz 04-12-2016 06:53 PM

@JimVejvoda: Warner Bros. spokesperson has confirmed to me that Affleck will indeed direct the standalone Batman movie

Deberg_1990 04-12-2016 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 12175227)
@JimVejvoda: Warner Bros. spokesperson has confirmed to me that Affleck will indeed direct the standalone Batman movie

Thats interesting. IM wondering if WB would like for him to take over control of the DCverse from Snyder?

A few years back they wanted him to direct a Justice League movie. This was before Argo.

mdchiefsfan 04-12-2016 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 12167607)
Honestly, I think I have been spoiled by the Daredevil fight scenes. The second season ones are flat out amazing.

So Batman takes two rounds point blank right to the back of the head-nothing? The concussive shock wave would have knocked his ass out at a minimum.

Oh and then he gets stabbed through his costume in the chest. So a blade can penetrate the suit but not two bullets from a Glock? Dumb.

So he takes a chest wound and keeps on going?

The rest of the fight seemed mechanical / robotic and done before.

Oh and Batman trains to fight Superman with an old tractor tire and some pull ups. ROFL He is a Billionaire and all he has is a tractor tire and sledge hammer. ****ing reeruned. At least we know how he can lift a 5 thousand pound beam off a guys legs now. ROFL

This scene is blatantly stolen right from Rocky 4.

Almost everything in this movie -was lifted from another movie.
Ex.
Superman being saved by Lois in the water- Stolen from Original Superman.

Daredevil Season 2 spoiler:

Spoiler!

ThaVirus 04-12-2016 08:10 PM

I'm actually glad he got shot and stabbed.

I can live with him having a high-tech, bulletproof suit. I can't live with him fighting crime day in and day out and never once eating a bullet.

unlurking 04-12-2016 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 12175294)
Daredevil Season 2 spoiler:

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

007 04-12-2016 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 12175484)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!