ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

Messier 02-05-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9379761)
I'd go as far as to say Joeckel will be a major bust. He gets pushed around a lot. He also ends up on the ground a lot. He may be able to hide some of this in college, but having DE's and LB's from the NFL coming at you...he's going to get exposed.

I'll be honest, I only watched A&M 2 or 3 times and never focused on Joeckel. I do wonder if he gets pushed around so much, he's so highly rated? I'd seem everyone would talk about his glaring flaws.

Dayze 02-05-2013 11:20 AM

I think because the general consensus over the last 20 years has been that an LT is a 'safe' pick.

Messier 02-05-2013 11:22 AM

But do they just grab a LT out of a hat and say, here's the best can't miss guy?

Dayze 02-05-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9379852)
But do they just grab a LT out of a hat and say, here's the best can't miss guy?

wouldn't surprise me lol

Imon Yourside 02-05-2013 11:24 AM

An offensive lineman should never go top 5.

duncan_idaho 02-05-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9379837)
I'll be honest, I only watched A&M 2 or 3 times and never focused on Joeckel. I do wonder if he gets pushed around so much, he's so highly rated? I'd seem everyone would talk about his glaring flaws.

He's prototypical in terms of size and has elite athleticism for a LT. That's why he is so beloved by some of the scouting guys.

Matt Miller seems to be the only guy who blindly loves him and refuses to admit he has legit concerns and cracks in his game. He's tied to that Jon Ogden comparison at this point, so he needs Joeckel to succeed or lose some cred.

I'm starting to see a lot of people saying they think Fisher is a safer, better all-around bet, and possibly even a better pass pro guy. He is the same same as Joeckel and has similar athletic ability but is more nasty/proven in the run game.

htismaqe 02-05-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9379725)
Danny Parkins was talking about Joeckel and according to him the text line blew up with people being pissed about not taking a QB.

So once again, I'm not buying the BS about people wanting Smith and Joeckel.
Posted via Mobile Device

Text line?

Obviously he was making it up get ratings.

RealSNR 02-05-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9379821)
i don't have time to listen, but the podcast is up

http://www.810whb.com/page.php?page_id=140

Worthless. Worthless conversation.

Parkins addressed the "If Oakland takes Geno at 3, why the **** wouldn't KC, who needs a QB far more than the Raiders, take him at 1?"

Miller basically said, "Oakland really likes Geno Smith. I make these drafts from a league-wide perspective, I'm not reporting for just one team. Geno is my 11th rated player on the board, so unless I hear that the Chiefs really want him, I'm not going to project him to the Chiefs at 1. Besides, they're a team that has a lot of needs, y'know... tack... well, potentially at tackle and uhhh... diarrhea diarrhea"

What a dumbass. He mentioned he got his start in the NFL scouting biz from Charlie Casserly. It ****ing shows.

Put me on, Danny. I'll call him and give him a piece of my ****ing mind.

RealSNR 02-05-2013 11:56 AM

Miller says he has a "source" who says right now Joeckel is KC's #1 pick.

I have a package of anthrax to send to Miller.

Imon Yourside 02-05-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9379935)

Pioli is gone.

The Franchise 02-05-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9379926)
Worthless. Worthless conversation.

Parkins addressed the "If Oakland takes Geno at 3, why the **** wouldn't KC, who needs a QB far more than the Raiders, take him at 1?"

Miller basically said, "Oakland really likes Geno Smith. I make these drafts from a league-wide perspective, I'm not reporting for just one team. Geno is my 11th rated player on the board, so unless I hear that the Chiefs really want him, I'm not going to project him to the Chiefs at 1. Besides, they're a team that has a lot of needs, y'know... tack... well, potentially at tackle and uhhh... diarrhea diarrhea"

What a dumbass. He mentioned he got his start in the NFL scouting biz from Charlie Casserly. It ****ing shows.

Go back and read the comments on his latest mock draft. Fans from every team are calling him a reerun.

RealSNR 02-05-2013 11:57 AM

More idiocy with the "Joeckel is the best LT I've scouted since 2002."

No, he's not. You're a ****ing moron.

Sorter 02-05-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9379935)

Send it pls.

RunKC 02-05-2013 12:01 PM

When he said Geno Smith could be JaMarcus Russell, his credibility fell to the floor.

Didn't realize these guys were fat and lazy like Fatass Rusell.

Hammock Parties 02-05-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9379926)

****ING CALL IN.

I'LL RECORD IT AND POST IT