ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Playstation 4 price and Xbox 720 is announced (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272150)

New World Order 05-15-2014 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10632166)
kind of why Madden sucks now. Hey, we don't have to compete with our competition, we will just buy all the titles away from them.

I think Microsoft is finally awake.

I expect a strong e3 from them this year.

Mr. Plow 05-15-2014 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10632176)
Thats not competition.

No, not really. I don't think it will be like anyway. My point was that I don't think Fallout will be a MS exclusive.

Jerm 05-15-2014 07:51 PM

MS moneyhats...Sony moneyhats...they all do.

Just part of the business sadly.

007 05-15-2014 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10632259)
No, not really. I don't think it will be like anyway. My point was that I don't think Fallout will be a MS exclusive.

Fortunately, I have no interest in Fallout so alls good.

htismaqe 05-15-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10632151)
I would say it works 90% of the time.

Perhaps they have not calibrated it correctly?

The editor-in-chief of Game Informer mentions his issues with the Kinect on a monthly basis. Pretty sure he knows what he's doing.

The thing is, a remote or controller works 100% of the time. 90% accuracy just isn't good enough, especially for gaming. JMO.

007 05-15-2014 08:04 PM

The main thing about kinect is that nobody is really developing for it. MS thought by making it a standard feature it would get the devs to do something with it. The problem is that they don't want to create two different games for both systems so they are essentially saying **** it. IMO kinect was doomed to fail from the start anyway. Plus I don't think anyone wants hands free gaming.

htismaqe 05-15-2014 08:07 PM

Most in the industry view it as kind of a gimmick.

New World Order 05-15-2014 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10632334)
The main thing about kinect is that nobody is really developing for it. MS thought by making it a standard feature it would get the devs to do something with it. The problem is that they don't want to create two different games for both systems so they are essentially saying **** it. IMO kinect was doomed to fail from the start anyway. Plus I don't think anyone wants hands free gaming.

Kinect was one of the reasons why I bought the X1; However, it obviously isn't what the gaming community wants.

What they should have done is release the Xbone with specs similar to ps4, and then release the Kinect 3 years or so down the road.

Jerm 05-15-2014 08:09 PM

Fantasia looks awesome...about the only Kinect related thing so far that did. Eh I guess D4 too...

007 05-15-2014 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10632341)
Kinect was one of the reasons why I bought the X1; However, it obviously isn't what the gaming community wants.

What they should have done is release the Xbone with specs similar to ps4, and then release the Kinect 3 years or so down the road.

what they don't get is that people don't want to get off of their couch to play video games.

htismaqe 05-15-2014 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 10632347)
Fantasia looks awesome...about the only Kinect related thing so far that did. Eh I guess D4 too...

Fantasia is getting a lot of buzz. A lot.

htismaqe 05-15-2014 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10632354)
what they don't get is that people don't want to get off of their couch to play video games.

Well, the sales numbers for the Wii disagree with that.

I think what you meant to say is people in the Xbox One target demographic don't want to get off the couch to play.

Casual gamers like to get up and bowl. They also like to throw birds at boxes on a tablet.

Most hardcore gamers still want to have a controller or mouse in their hands...

007 05-15-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10632374)
Well, the sales numbers for the Wii disagree with that.

I think what you meant to say is people in the Xbox One target demographic don't want to get off the couch to play.

Casual gamers like to get up and bowl. They also like to throw birds at boxes on a tablet.

Most hardcore gamers still want to have a controller or mouse in their hands...

Yes, that is what I meant. the Wii doesn't exist in my world. LMAO

Third Eye 05-15-2014 08:45 PM

I absolutely love the functionality the Kinnect provides me. Granted, I have less than zero interest in it as a supplement to gaming, but I love walking into the living room and saying "Xbox on" and having my tv, cable box, receiver, and xbox all start up. I love gaming away and when I do something cool I can just say "Xbox record that" without ever looking away from what I'm doing. I love sitting in a lobby between games and saying "Xbox watch tv" to catch a scoring update and then "Xbox go to (insert game title)" and I'm right back in the game.

Now is that worth $100? Yeah, probably not. Over the course of several years it might be, but regardless, I didn't pay a dime for mine so I'm not worried about it.

Mr. Plow 05-15-2014 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 10632465)
I absolutely love the functionality the Kinnect provides me. Granted, I have less than zero interest in it as a supplement to gaming, but I love walking into the living room and saying "Xbox on" and having my tv, cable box, receiver, and xbox all start up. I love gaming away and when I do something cool I can just say "Xbox record that" without ever looking away from what I'm doing. I love sitting in a lobby between games and saying "Xbox watch tv" to catch a scoring update and then "Xbox go to (insert game title)" and I'm right back in the game.

This would be similar to what I would use it for. I'm far to old & lazy to get up in the middle of the living room and jump around to play a video game.