ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread, Part 2 **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280658)

KC_Connection 02-19-2014 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10440688)
It is precisely what they're saying.

If that's the case, I wish the officials could have made it easier on us tonight. Calling that phantom foul on Embiid to give Tech the lead with 12 seconds certainly didn't help.

BWillie 02-19-2014 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 10440558)
According to KenPom that was not just KU's lowest pace game of the year (54 pos.) but lowest on record since 2003. Tubby knows how to coach. Employed the perfect strategy to keep his team in the game

Thats why you need to trap and press teams like that usually, but Tech actually is kind of deep. I remember another team that played almost exactly like Tech did tonight. 2005 Bucknell. Most frustrating gm I can remember

Bearcat 02-19-2014 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan987 (Post 10440557)
If we don't win, we only have a one game lead with two probable losses left on our schedule. IMO this is a must win. You don't want to open the door for a possibility that Texas ties us for the championship but beat us twice. We need to win this game on Saturday to erase all doubt that we are the best team in the league.

LMAO

Ceej 02-19-2014 07:36 AM

I'm not sure who is more pessimistic.

Chiefsfan987 or Reerun.

Fansy the Famous Bard 02-19-2014 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10440590)
Just a tremendous coaching job to have a team that disciplined. Tech is really buying in.

Considering where that team was just one year ago... it really is. Tech got hosed on a couple of calls last night too. (although Wiggins got absolutely hammered the next to last possession's dunk attempt. Luckily it fell in Embiid's lap).

Lzen 02-19-2014 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10440618)
Wiggins is becoming a legit Bill Self player.

Loved the aggressiveness by Wiggins. :thumb:

Mr. Plow 02-19-2014 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10440864)
Loved the aggressiveness by Wiggins. :thumb:

It seems he is starting to learn that nobody can stay in front of him and if he drives, he's going to spend all night at the free throw line.

Prison Bitch 02-19-2014 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10440565)
Perry got in foul trouble.

Except not really. He still played 26 minutes last night which is right near his average of 28 minutes. 0-3 with 2 boards, and eviscerated on the defensive end.

Perry is a pretty good player but the hero worship for him out of our fanbase is really nauseating.

Pablo 02-19-2014 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10440909)
Except not really. He still played 26 minutes last night which is right near his average of 28 minutes. 0-3 with 2 boards, and eviscerated on the defensive end.

Perry is a pretty good player but the hero worship for him out of our fanbase is really nauseating.

There was never any hero worship for Ellis. We saved that for Wigs and Embiid.

Perry was just given a fair shake by most KU fans, save yourself. He played like a freshman for most of last season, but was a valuable contributor in the last month or so. Then he came out this year and has played pretty well from the get-go. Not a world beater, but definitely a guy who deserves every minute he plays at one of the best basketball schools in the country.

You hated him from the start, and have continued to be a moron about him any chance you get. And KU fans, like most everyone else on this forum, think you're a ****ing douche and like to rub it in your stupid ****ing face every chance they get.

Prison Bitch 02-19-2014 09:10 AM

Good work proving my point about over-the-top insanity regarding Ellis. He had a terrible season last year. By itself that had, and has, nothing to do with this season. He's a decent enough player (no better than Jordan Tolbert or any host of guys in our league this year) but he's just not very productive in big games or tight games. It's an observation.

The reality is some KU fans like you take these analyses personally. As if Perry is a family member of yours. He's not. He doesn't know you or me, never will. Are you aware of that?

Pablo 02-19-2014 09:17 AM

It's not personal in the least. Your opinions on Ellis aren't valuable because you've made it a point to bag on the guy relentlessly.

Mr. Plow 02-19-2014 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10440927)
Good work proving my point about over-the-top insanity regarding Ellis. He had a terrible season last year. By itself that had, and has, nothing to do with this season. He's a decent enough player (no better than Jordan Tolbert or any host of guys in our league this year) but he's just not very productive in big games or tight games. It's an observation.

The reality is some KU fans like you take these analyses personally. As if Perry is a family member of yours. He's not. He doesn't know you or me, never will. Are you aware of that?

LMAO

Pablo 02-19-2014 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10440936)
LMAO

What?

He's just offering a fresh, objective take on all things Perry Ellis.

Can't you see that Plow?

Mr. Plow 02-19-2014 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10440940)
What?

He's just offering a fresh, objective take on all things Perry Ellis.

Can't you see that Plow?

I just remember him saying that Ellis was the worst player he'd seen in 40 some odd years or something of watching basketball. I would be really surprised to find out that he'd watched an entire season of basketball with the knowledge he brings.

Lzen 02-19-2014 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 10440609)
Who did PB used to be?

CoMoChief?