ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What is Andy Reid actually good at? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311641)

rabblerouser 01-07-2018 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 13224980)
We all know he's terrible at clock management. We all know he clams up in the playoffs. But what is he actually good at?

This team isn't disciplined. They draw a million flags a game and consistently make stupid decisions.

The playcalls are seemingly random, with no regard for situation or matchups.

When somebody gets hurt, nobody seems to be capable of stepping up.

And as evidenced by the first half today against one of the worst teams in the league, Reid doesn't seem to be good at bye weeks anymore either.

So again, I ask... what is Andy Reid ACTUALLY good at?????

Eating.

Coogs 01-07-2018 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13343131)
The guy just cant help himself, he wants to be the man in big situations

Veach and Hunt need to be asking why something that was working very well was suddenly changed.

FlyEaglesFly 01-07-2018 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 13342751)
Andy Reid is good at getting beaten in the playoffs by lesser teams.

This!!

Listen I have no Ill will toward you guys and I actually hope he wins one for you. He's a great guy in the real world. Does a ton for charity and never asks for recognition.

But my God he's torn our hearts out in Philly so many times. His initial drives that he writes up beforehand are great. Andy's great during the regular season. He's better than 80% of the coaches in the NFL..... but he CAN NOT CHANGE ON THE FLY when it counts. He will consistently get you a lead in the first half, then at halftime the good coaches of other teams will figure out what he's doing and switch it up and guess what.... Andy doesn't change.

How the hell do you give up a 21 - 3 lead? How do you only run the ball 11 times with one of the best RB rookies in the league??? We were all sitting here in Philly saying, oh boy here it comes. He's gonna Andy Reid this game.

I feel for you guys

Welcome to our world

FlyEaglesFly 01-07-2018 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 13341936)
It's been 4 out of 5 years, actually. And many of us were wary of Reid from the beginning.

I was talking about brutal inexplicable playoff losses. He's great in the regular season. We won the division 4 years in a row and went to the NFL championship 4 years in a row. Made the Super Bowl and had the lead most of the game against NE. Had the ball to win the game with 3 mins left..... Got Andy Reided.

Now we have Andy Jr coaching us.

God help both our teams.

chiefzilla1501 01-07-2018 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyEaglesFly (Post 13343258)
This!!

Listen I have no Ill will toward you guys and I actually hope he wins one for you. He's a great guy in the real world. Does a ton for charity and never asks for recognition.

But my God he's torn our hearts out in Philly so many times. His initial drives that he writes up beforehand are great. Andy's great during the regular season. He's better than 80% of the coaches in the NFL..... but he CAN NOT CHANGE ON THE FLY when it counts. He will consistently get you a lead in the first half, then at halftime the good coaches of other teams will figure out what he's doing and switch it up and guess what.... Andy doesn't change.

How the hell do you give up a 21 - 3 lead? How do you only run the ball 11 times with one of the best RB rookies in the league??? We were all sitting here in Philly saying, oh boy here it comes. He's gonna Andy Reid this game.

I feel for you guys

Welcome to our world

Sadly, we were already in that world. You had Andy Reid, we had Marty Schottenheimer.

manchambo 01-07-2018 04:38 PM

Have Vance Joseph coach the team for a little while and you will remember all the things Reid is good at.

The post season thing is frustrating, to be sure, but don't lose sight of the fact that there aren't so many guys out there who can put together a quality team year in and year out.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-07-2018 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyEaglesFly (Post 13342002)
Andy Reid the man is one of the kindest and most honorable human beings you will ever meet. Andy Reid the playoff coach will make you want to pee on strangers.

You'll make the playoffs alot, if you're happy with that enjoy the ride. Just don't expect to ever win it all.

ROFL

Bret Veach the GM and Pat Mahomes the QB are going to be more than enough to cover Reid's ever-expanding fat ass, but yes I see your points.

GloryDayz 01-07-2018 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 13343225)
Veach and Hunt need to be asking why something that was working very well was suddenly changed.

Hunt's in Fiji and doesn't give a ****.

ChiefsCountry 01-07-2018 04:54 PM

Andy Reid hate is beyond stupid. He is a damn good coach. There is a ****ing reason his coaching tree is large in the league. You are going to lose playoff games with Alex Smith as your QB. When you have the shittier QB you are going to lose. Mahomes will get us over the hump.

FlyEaglesFly 01-07-2018 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 13343383)
ROFL

Bret Veach the GM and Pat Mahomes the QB are going to be more than enough to cover Reid's ever-expanding fat ass, but yes I see your points.

Well yes that's one thing you guys are smarter at than we were. We gave him the keys to the whole thing, GM/HC/OC. He had one of the greatest defensive minds of our era in Jim Johnson running the defense but Andy was EVERYTHING else. If you guys can just make him head coach and get him a play caller, you may do what we couldn't with him. There are very few coaches in the league who can build such an atmosphere of undying loyalty and trust with his players like Andy Reid.

If your GM can harness that and keep him away from calling plays on game day, I see great things for the Chiefs in your future.

Cheers

Discuss Thrower 01-07-2018 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 13343440)
Andy Reid hate is beyond stupid. He is a damn good coach. There is a ****ing reason his coaching tree is large in the league. You are going to lose playoff games with Alex Smith as your QB. When you have the shittier QB you are going to lose. Mahomes will get us over the hump.

He abandoned the run, just as was predicted.

He's coached nearly 20 years in the league and has what, one SB appearance and maybe three conference championship game appearance -most of which can be attributed to Jim Johnson's presence as DC?

Yeah. He ain't gonna get it done -and by *it* I mean advance past the divisional round unless they face a palooka team.... like the Chiefs..

kcpasco 01-07-2018 04:57 PM

Andy has all the power here but not in title. If you don’t think he has control over Veach than you are nuts. Andy even has Clark swinging from his nuts.

ChiefsCountry 01-07-2018 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 13343450)
He abandoned the run, just as was predicted.

No he didn't. Go read the drive chart in the second half.

FlyEaglesFly 01-07-2018 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 13343440)

I'll ask you how you feel in 10 years of the same

kcpasco 01-07-2018 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyEaglesFly (Post 13343468)
I'll ask you how you feel in 10 years of the same

We are already half way there.