ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet What happened to GoChiefs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=299186)

DaFace 04-04-2016 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 12163971)
I tend to post in football threads a lot more during the season. During the off-season when the same things are getting rehashed it's not as interesting.

During last season, when there was a generally agreed-upon uproar about the climate here being terrible, when the team was on a winning streak and the trolling just intensified to where it wasn't even fun to enjoy the streak with this community, I don't know how many times I would click on a football thread, see that it's the same turds ruining it again, and just hit the back button.

Fluffers would defend the offenders by saying they drive traffic. Well, they drive traffic to quote them, and to talk about them, and to make threads about them. They also drive traffic that would have discussed something valuable away to other threads or they drive traffic to not participate in the Lounge altogether. "He drives traffic" in all the wrong directions. This was most obvious in the game threads, I think. (Until the well-deserved thread bans started coming out)

I think the point is that if the place is more enjoyable and the threads are not ruined by attention whores, so good people are more likely to participate.

This is purely my opinion, but I couldn't care less about "driving traffic." There's a certain level necessary to keep the lights on, of course, but beyond that I'd much rather have a lower level of high quality discussion than a ton of bullshit.

Sorter 04-04-2016 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12163974)
My only point is simply that one's contributions as a creator don't necessarily have anything to do with whether one's opinions about ways to improve are valid. Clay "created" a **** ton of "content" around here, so if that were the case he'd be running the joint.

Do you think if someone is complaining about the "quality" of content on a public forum for several years and yet in a lengthy period never contributes that they should have their concerns acknowledged with glee?

DaFace 04-04-2016 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 12163984)
Do you think if someone is complaining about the "quality" of content on a public forum for several years and yet in a lengthy period never contributes that they should have their concerns acknowledged with glee?

No, and if this issue were Cochise alone complaining, everyone would tell him to kindly go **** himself.

But it's not.

stevieray 04-04-2016 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 12163984)

It's ok, Sorter.

Really, it is.

Sorter 04-04-2016 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 12163990)
It's ok, Sorter.

Really, it is.

I agree.

I just think it's funny.

Sofa King 04-04-2016 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 12163801)
Your and idiot.

Better? :D

A little bit.

Just Passin' By 04-04-2016 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12163979)
This is purely my opinion, but I couldn't care less about "driving traffic." There's a certain level necessary to keep the lights on, of course, but beyond that I'd much rather have a lower level of high quality discussion than a ton of bullshit.

Just a tangent to your post, but I think it's fair to say that a lot of sports forums have seen a shift from pithy, in depth sports discussions to a more terse and dismissive style.

-King- 04-04-2016 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12163810)
LMAO

Every thread? LMAO

You have 43,000+ posts and I can't remember even one that was insightful or had any value.

Sure. But it's hard to take you seriously when all you do is go around insulting people for no reason. I mean look at this...

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12162427)
Unsurprising.

He's a Clayus semen chugger.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12163077)
Bullshit.

You know his name. You know his email and everything else.

Get ****ed.

Are you 14? Why does any adult think acting like this is ok? On the internet or otherwise.

DaneMcCloud 04-04-2016 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 12164015)
Sure. But it's hard to take you seriously when all you do is go around insulting people for no reason. I mean look at this...

Are you 14? Why does any adult think acting like this is ok? On the internet or otherwise.

You're boring and you've never, ever understood this forum.

RealSNR 04-04-2016 05:28 PM

The forum's football content dried the **** up ever since megathreads started to come into fashion.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-04-2016 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 12164015)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12164019)
You're boring and you've never, ever understood this forum.

This is what happens when you two lovers of insular, protected positivity don't have a Clay to focus your hatred on; the snake eats itself.

Oh no, don't you even LOOK to me; my days of talking about that albatross of a franchise are dead and gone.

And keep in mind, this is a "Clay-based" thread, not a "Chiefs" thread. You're not even gonna' see me around that shit.

Two cents = given.

TimBone 04-04-2016 05:33 PM

Dagnabit is SDH, isnt he? Gotta be.

ThaVirus 04-04-2016 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12164030)
This is what happens when you two lovers of insular, protected positivity don't have a Clay to focus your hatred on; the snake eats itself.

Oh no, don't you even LOOK to me; my days of talking about that albatross of a franchise are dead and gone.

And keep in mind, this is a "Clay-based" thread, not a "Chiefs" thread. You're not even gonna' see me around that shit.

Two cents = given.

OK. Whose mult is this?

ThaVirus 04-04-2016 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 12164033)
Dagnabit is SDH, isnt he? Gotta be.

Whoops, yeah. Baconeater the Wise is "99% sure it's Sweet Daddy".

I trust that guy with my life.

TimBone 04-04-2016 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12164039)
Whoops, yeah. Bugeater the Wise is "99% sure it's Sweet Daddy".

I trust that guy with my life.

That post above sealed it for me.